PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Risen Achievements List Revealed!

SacredGamer
01.09.2009, 08:13
xbox360achievements.org just posted the achievements for Risen.
Which includes 50 Achievements worth in total 1000G.
See Them Here (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/risen/achievements/)

Arkose
01.09.2009, 08:28
Wow, nice! I have never found much value in achievements, but these look quite fun and some will take a lot of time to earn. There is also a very large number of secret achievements (many games have only one or two, often with easy tasks and/or low points).

I also like how PB has implemented the achievements in the PC version; they are not done using Games for Windows Live, so only you see what you have achieved in your game, and the achievement notices are much more discreet.

jimokalos
01.09.2009, 10:36
I didn't really want achievements cause like that it copies WOW but in any rate, I don't mind.

TheDoctor
01.09.2009, 13:53
I didn't really want to achievements cause like that it copies WOW but in any rate, I don't mind.

I think you can turn of the achievement messages in the 360 settings. I don't think there will be trophies/achievements for the PC version.

SacredGamer
01.09.2009, 14:27
You can't turn them off on 360.

Also Achievements are in the PC Version.
Although you can turn them off.

Dykunas
01.09.2009, 14:43
Some achievements sound pretty interesting, but others i just can't understand. Why would there be achievements for easy, mundain tasks most of which you will probably complete everytime you play §dumm . I just don't get this mentality of quantity over quality. Seriously, should i feel that i achieved something when i collect 10 grain plants?

Flamen
01.09.2009, 17:07
Will cause longer to play!

mkreku
01.09.2009, 18:40
At first, I didn't like the idea of achievements.. on paper. But then when I played GTAIV and Fallout 3 on my PC and actually experienced them, I DID like them!

I don't know why, but that little sound and the little badge was a nice thing to see and I started appreciating them after a while. I wouldn't mind at all if Risen had them even in the PC version.

I also thought they would take me "out of the game" when they appeared, but they're so rare (I got maybe.. one every four hours of play) that they really have no impact on the general feel of the game.

Killrog
01.09.2009, 20:32
I find this idea of achievements completely stupid and way too consolish... Imagine Achievements in Gothic... That would have been awful and thank God this game was released in another era when PC and console were clearly separated...

Anyway since there are these dumb achievements, gotta catch'em all ! ^^

catalinux
01.09.2009, 21:20
I don't understand what are those achievements:dnuhr: I mean... if I achieve all 50 and I get 1000 points... what's the big deal about it? What can I do with the 1000 points?

foobar
01.09.2009, 21:25
What can I do with the 1000 points?

On the PC? Nothing. On the Xbox? Upload it on Xbox Live and use it to compare your virtual penis gamerscore with those of other gamers.

On the other hand, we always had discussions in the forums like who got the most XP or money in Gothic, who solved the most quests or stuff like that. The achievements are basically nothing else - only standardised.

Killrog
01.09.2009, 23:30
Doesn't that just go to show that you're not as much against achievements as you are against changing anything in the Gothic-formula?

It's just a matter of form. I like RPGs because they provide me an experience, a feeling, and with the best of them (Planescape Torment, Daggerfall, Baldur's Gate, Fallout, etc...), I even succeed in evading myself for a short moment. If all my experiences, all my choices, are mathematically quantified and rewarded by a shining star floating above my head like in Fable, I won't be able to immerge myself into the world because a stupid klinging noise will remind me this is a console game for kiddos comparing the size of their... Of their game capacities...

That's all I'm saying, and if I could disable those things I'd be very happy

Arkose
01.09.2009, 23:55
Judging by past screenshots, achievements in the PC version of Risen are just tiny lines of green text scrolling by in the message log (along with quest notifications and such) so it's not a distraction like the huge message things on the Xbox. Quest notifications can be turned off so achievements probably can too.

foobar
01.09.2009, 23:59
Quest notifications can be turned off so achievements probably can too.

Yes, they can.