PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : About the hero

Rulero
06.08.2009, 09:53
All in all i am very excited for risen and i have confidence in phirana bytes of delivering a good game. im happy with evrything that has been presented but there is one thing that concerns me a bit

Before i start explaining. i want to make clear that i by no means have negative intensions.

it is the look of the hero
in an RPG with a preset main character it is very important that the character you play stand out from the rest you come across. to get yourself in its role. you have to get to know his/her his attitude.
an example of excellent RPG characters i find
- The gothic guy
- JC denton ( deus ex)
- The characers from - Severance blade of darkness
- Gerald ( the witcher)
- Nicolas ( sea dogs)

if a character has an annoyin voice or a generic look. people have hard times to immerse themselves in the character.

For the voice part i have no worries. it has always been top notch in PB's games. But in my opinion the hero looks a but 13 in a dozen and at some points out of place.

Risen takes place in a medieval swords and sorcery setting. this setting is known for its " no mercy" attitude. it also shares a classical fantasy feel with fantasy themes like conan and red sonja for example.

The character does at some points doesnt fit in this setting
His hairstyle looks very modernly cut. and he has no facial hair at all, this i find a bit odd because a sailor who has been sailing for a while should look a bit more rough. what i want to say with this is. he looks a bit too clean for the world.

i know he hasnt chosen to shipwreck and maybe they sailed only for a short time. but in my opinion the hero should look like someone who can look out for emself. and has the look of adventure in his eyes

something like the classical robinson crusoe as shown here

http://www.usd116.org/uhs/library/images/crusoe.jpg

i made this thread because it seems there are quite a bit of people who seem to speculate about this as well
And we all know PB always reads the forums. and make decisions based on user feedback

i dont know how to start a poll on this forum but i would like to know the opinions of evryone. post the number of what you think in your reply. and describe why you chose it

1- The heroe is fine as he is
2- The heroe looks ok but it could been done better
3- Im not bothered with how the heroe looks at all
4- I dislike the heroe and i think he needs a more unique look
5- other

TheDoctor
06.08.2009, 10:16
Offt: I will never understand the love for Deus EX nor the main character.

mazare
06.08.2009, 10:21
My opinion is that PB and DS have a very tough mission regarding the hero. Already strong comparisons are being made between Risen and Gothic and of course the hero in Gothic and the hero in Risen. As far as marketing goes Risen is in a net disadvantage because Gothic was first and the rule rule of thumb is simple "the first on the market product is the winner". In my opinion PB must convince us that the new hero is a totally different from the epic "nameless hero" not a clone/ lookalike/ long lost cousin. In this regard, any feature that distinguishes him is important (as long as the Risen hero is "ugly as an ape" it is fine as long as he isn't "uglier than the Gothic hero" ). The problem is that instead of creating a new "nameless hero" (cool) they create a "hero with no name" (not cool).

my vote - The hero is fine as he is
but i have to say that the vote is based upon shallow impressions. I could better justify my vote if i knew the hero's background story and aspirations ect. elements which are more important than looks.

Rulero
06.08.2009, 10:31
thanks for replying mazzare
i understand your statement regarding.. first is the winner
but i hope you certainly wont think that i think in black and white
it is not a comparison with gothic but with RPG's in general
im not the type that says.. "gothic is always better"

catalinux
06.08.2009, 11:07
definitely 4

Skazzy
06.08.2009, 11:27
You got a fair point out there Rulero, and I totally agree with your arguments. The hero's face looks too sharp, and when I say this I refer especially to the hair, too small and Prison Break look-a-like. It's very hard to get it right with a new hero, but maybe PB could arrange for a proper hairdue for the hero, if not I'm sure that I could look over this problem (not so huge imo) and enjoy this beautiful game to be.
As for the topic, #2 will do for me.

Maelthra
06.08.2009, 11:59
Defienietly 1. We just have to get used to NEW hero ^^

I refer especially to the hair, too small and Prison Break look-a-like And what is peoples problem with short hair o.O Does REALLY everyone wish he had long hair???

The Hound
06.08.2009, 12:05
I don't know who nicolas from sea dogs is but I definitely like:
-gothic guy
-JC Denton
-Geralt
But we only know how he looks and that is much less important than his personality...

emperorzorn
06.08.2009, 13:12
I'd rather have some unique personality such as Geralt (4).

But the way PB games put the player directly into the role of the hero,
dont leave much space for a developed hero character.

Dykunas
06.08.2009, 13:56
The problem with the Risen hero is that his appearance isn't exciting, it doesn't raise intrest be it ulgy or good looking - there is an absense of emotions when you look at him... He looks like a simple modern bloke from around the corner who would almost never catch your attention.

Now if that would be done for a purpose (a moral, story twist etc.) i wouldn't find it bad or unwelcome, but i'm guessing that it's just bad design.

Rulero
06.08.2009, 13:58
Defienietly 1. We just have to get used to NEW hero ^^

And what is peoples problem with short hair o.O Does REALLY everyone wish he had long hair???

to Maelthra its not about hair length. its about the style
it looks a bit modern

some of you are right to say that we need to get used to the character
and it indeed the looks arent so important as the character itself.

but we'll see.

Talek
06.08.2009, 14:34
Well, my opinion is a bit controversial over this issue. Basically, I dont think that this face is totally abhorrent, but I cant really live it either.

However, I dont dislike his face in the concept art. On the contrary, I love his face and if PB managed to transfer his brisk face (along with all the facial features, ie: beard, moustache, scars, retracted cheekbones), it would be a lovely sighting in-game. Basically, it would make him similar to assassin Altair or the guy from Prototype.

Alas, the face we have now is simply too bland. I always have a good laugh at how people describe the hero as an "ugly ape-face", but all in all I tend to agree with them - his delinquent-reminiscent brow doesnt make him stand out because of high level of intelligence...

Therefore, along the lines of this semi-poll, I would choose #5 just because I think options #2 and #4 should be merged: the hero has a non-likeable bland & simple face but it could/should be more unique & done better. However, I will get accustomed to his face nonetheless.

As far as his hair is concerned, I do not really care whether he has long hair or short army-style hair. As long as it fits his facial structure, I can deal with it.

But all in all, I will see his back most of the time & I care about his voice more than his face so I think it will be done.

Though there are quite a few NPC models who have better faces and would have done a better job as main heroes. Even though they wouldnt really stand out much.

vivaxardas
06.08.2009, 18:48
Definitely 4.

Kostaz
06.08.2009, 22:41
Number 2 for me.

Dino
08.08.2009, 08:34
definitely 4

Same for me.

triangles
08.08.2009, 23:13
4- I dislike the heroe and i think he needs a more unique look

mkreku
09.08.2009, 00:51
3 for me. I don't care one iota what he looks like. Well, I don't want him to have 18 legs or something, but..

What does matter to me is what he says. I loved the dry humour and sarcastic answers you'd get from the Nameless Hero in the Gothic games. I understand that Piranha Bytes can't make the new hero a carbon copy of the Gothic dude, but I would prefer him to be as witty and funny as that again. If possible.

cfnz
09.08.2009, 01:34
3 for me as well. Though I'd prefer the hero was fairly plain and doesn't stand out too much. I like he idea that this is an ordinary guy thrown into extraordinary circumstances rather than starting as a 'hero'.

nirolF
09.08.2009, 18:14
The hero's face looks too sharp, and when I say this I refer especially to the hair, too small and Prison Break look-a-like.

maybe the hair is short so we can easily see it growing during the course of the game. that would be a funny feature to see :D

Maladiq
09.08.2009, 19:40
maybe the hair is short so we can easily see it growing during the course of the game. that would be a funny feature to see :D

Indeed, a little easteregg. :D

emperorzorn
09.08.2009, 23:09
I dont like the hero's face.
Luckily I will only get to see his back for most of the game. ;)

Dino
10.08.2009, 07:09
I dont like the hero's face.
Luckily I will only get to see his back for most of the game. ;)

Not during the dialogs I believe... and they are a big part of the game too. But yeah, through most of the time we get to see his back. Which is somewhat good since I really don't like his mug too.

GothenX
10.08.2009, 12:45
I like the hero of the Gothic. The real man! He had a sense of humor, a canny ... A new hero I think is too young.

SacredGamer
10.08.2009, 12:50
I like the hero of the Gothic. The real man! He had a sense of humor, a canny ... A new hero I think is too young.

Well.
Maybe If they make a Risen 2 the hero can age:D

GothenX
10.08.2009, 13:00
Well.
Maybe If they make a Risen 2 the hero can age:D

Perhaps you are right)) The new hero nameless again and i like it. Let's see what will turn out eventually.

Powaz
11.08.2009, 09:13
I really hated the looks of the hero but in the meantime I got used to his mug. He doesn't look that bad, he's a whippersnapper, yes, but that's what's charming about him.

So 2

Demonium
19.08.2009, 16:09
i dont like the look of the new hero...At the box cover he looks much better. Ingame he looks like crap.

By the way, this must be the hero in Gothic 4.
http://img2.pict.com/44/ab/63/1487193/0/800/arcaniagamescom2009screen01.jpg

Looks like a "trendy" guy from the year 2009 (not medieval style at all)...but the details and the graphics make him more appealing from the Risens hero IMO.

Zocky
19.08.2009, 18:18
hm dunno, in some other game, i would say this g4 hero looks good, but for gothic game, dunno, he looks kinda wrong.

UR1Z13L
19.08.2009, 18:22
http://img2.pict.com/44/ab/63/1487193/0/800/arcaniagamescom2009screen01.jpg

Where is that screenshot from?

Powaz
19.08.2009, 18:53
Well the Risen hero as ugly as he looks fits the game unlike the model-like hero of ArcaniA.

Dykunas
19.08.2009, 19:50
Well the Risen hero as ugly as he looks fits the game unlike the model-like hero of ArcaniA.

I have to agree, the Arcanian hero looks like a band member from one of those pop-rock groups. At least the nameless one in Risen doesn't resemble an asshole that much §troet

UR1Z13L
19.08.2009, 19:58

You cant say that he doesnt fit the game we havent seen much of arcania yet to determinate such things

Talek
19.08.2009, 20:05
You cant say that he doesnt fit the game we havent seen much of arcania yet to determinate such things

I dont think Arcania will host a pop rock concert though so we might as well say he does not belong there :p

RobinHood 13.
19.08.2009, 20:06

If it fits the game then it certainly won't be any good.
It would be like an rpg for minors, like fable.

UR1Z13L
19.08.2009, 22:11
Can somebody tell where is that screen from i havent seen any news and threads about new Arcania screens can somebody give me a link

Arkose
19.08.2009, 22:26
What is this? WHAT IS THIS? Metrosexual bishies in the world of Gothic? No no no, it can't be, I don't think my brain could cope with that.

The Risen hero has just the right rugged, average look for a nobody who becomes a hero, and since there are helmets in the game his face will be partly or completely obscured as soon as the player gets one; it is for this very reason that I don't really bother with face customisation in RPGs that allow it.

zarrkoff
19.08.2009, 23:43
Can somebody tell where is that screen from i havent seen any news and threads about new Arcania screens can somebody give me a link

Here is the link with new screenies:

http://forum.jowood.com/showthread.php?t=164912

I like this shot:

http://img2.pict.com/f5/e9/9c/1487247/0/800/arcaniagamescom2009screen13.jpg

On Topic: I'm not so keen on the appearance of Risen's hero, but I don't think its a big issue.

cifre
20.08.2009, 06:31
What is this? WHAT IS THIS? Metrosexual bishies in the world of Gothic? No no no, it can't be, I don't think my brain could cope with that.

The Risen hero has just the right rugged, average look for a nobody who becomes a hero, and since there are helmets in the game his face will be partly or completely obscured as soon as the player gets one; it is for this very reason that I don't really bother with face customization in RPGs that allow it.
If you compare him with Gothic4, yes, he is way better. It is better to choose to have a hero like this one in Risen, with an ape fock-face who is giving you the impression that he is a couple of level downwards on the evolution scale, than a pussy ass bitch selling image to the people and crying like a crocodile for women who desert him. But I still think he could have a more profound and deeper look, because our guy has no charisma... and I am speaking about in-game look and not the ones from the posters/covers which looks far better.

nirolF
20.08.2009, 10:21
the hero from arcania reminds me of Kevin Sorbo from the tv series Hercules, except he has blond hair :p

SacredGamer
20.08.2009, 10:31

Well you obviously haven't been to the English Gothic Forums.
Which would have been your best place to look. :)
http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=659234

jimokalos
20.08.2009, 11:26
Risen might be ok as a game but its hero looks pathetic. He looks like wentworth miller who has amnesia in fighting. :p He really has to change or else the game should be renamed to PRisen Break.

Arcania's hero on the other hand looks like a metalhead. :D

Powaz
20.08.2009, 11:29

Priceless Jimbo is priceless, again. §hehe

UR1Z13L
20.08.2009, 14:49
game should be renamed to PRisen Break.

If you think about it in that direction G1 is Barrier Break and Risen is an Island break so the hero fits somewhat :D

Talek
20.08.2009, 15:00
G2 was Island Break... Risen is more like Ruins break, though island break can also be the case depending on the storyline :D.

G3 was Gothic Break :D.

Mrdolce
20.08.2009, 21:36
G3 was Gothic Break :D.

haha

Korianous
21.08.2009, 03:38
Risen might be ok as a game but its hero looks pathetic. He looks like wentworth miller who has amnesia in fighting. :p He really has to change or else the game should be renamed to PRisen Break.

IMO, Arcania's hero looks like Scott Weiland went emo.

http://www.enjoyfrance.com/images/stories/world/celebrities/Scott-Weiland.jpg

There's probably a funnier comparison, I'm just missing it due to tiredness. Really though, I actually kind of like the Hero's appearance, reminds me oddly of Leo from The Witcher. Guess we'll see what he's like when the game comes out.

Maladiq
21.08.2009, 08:36
Priceless Jimbo is priceless, again. §hehe

dito:D

I like the Arcania one better.

RobinHood 13.
21.08.2009, 11:01
IMO, Arcania's hero looks like Scott Weiland went emo.

http://www.enjoyfrance.com/images/stories/world/celebrities/Scott-Weiland.jpg

There's probably a funnier comparison, I'm just missing it due to tiredness. Really though, I actually kind of like the Hero's appearance, reminds me oddly of Leo from The Witcher. Guess we'll see what he's like when the game comes out.

Leo From the WItcher, yeah I think that's a good comparison. I didn't like the hero when I first saw him, but this may have been screens representing him badly. Either they've changed him a little, or it's just me, cause the hero looks more characteristic in later screens.

UR1Z13L
23.08.2009, 22:51
I think the hero has RISEN from the dead and infact he is a vampire -> check out my new avatar

Maladiq
23.08.2009, 23:27
I think the hero has RISEN from the dead and infact he is a vampire -> check out my new avatar

hehe, nice one. This guy tells it better than me:D (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JfWZFEiLZ0)

Powaz
26.08.2009, 16:51
They overworked the hero a bit

http://www.pcgames.de/aid,693573/Risen-Athmosphaerische-Screenshots-aus-unserer-Vorschau-Version/PC/News/

RobinHood 13.
27.08.2009, 08:20
http://www.pcgames.de/screenshots/original/2009/08/risen_pc__006__090826134612.jpg

Look at the other guy, he seems pretty cool.

RobinHood 13.
27.08.2009, 14:31
Note: PC Games doesn't allow direct external linking to their images. If you want to see the image click here:
► http://www.pcgames.de/screenshots/original/2009/08/risen_pc__006__090826134612.jpg

Never heard of that before.
Anyways, it's not a direct external link to their images.
It's a direct external link to a rezised version of their image,
so technically if you compare bit-code percentage eqaulness, it can be quite different;)

Maladiq
28.08.2009, 00:28
http://www.pcgames.de/aid,693573/Risen-Athmosphaerische-Screenshots-aus-unserer-Vorschau-Version/PC/News/?menu=browser&mode=article&entity_id=212721&image_id=1182221&browsersize=fullscreen

He kinda looks like
Steve Buscemi:D

http://www.fest21.com/files/images/Steve%20Buscemi.jpg

But damn, he is butt ugly in all screenshots. I hate the guy. Maybe PB could buy a hero mesh from SB:D

Arkose
28.08.2009, 04:23
I'd much rather have the hero be a bit on the homely than have him be "handsome" in modern terms. Ideas about the attractiveness of various physical characteristics have changed dramatically over time.

When I first tried to view the image in your spoiler, this is what I got:
For sites that have hotlinking protection you can generally work around it by copying the address and pasting it into the address bar. This loads the target without sending the "referrer" data hotlinking generally looks for.

Dino
28.08.2009, 06:40

Nah. Not really. He, however, reminds me of Dan Swano for some random reason.

Ugh... why does Risen's hero have such... distinctive mug? God, I really dislike how he looks like.

Rulero
28.08.2009, 08:43

he doesnt look like a metal heid at all. it looks like a femine metrosexual emo that is totaly out of place. when i saw that screen i was happy with how risens hero looks for the first time

Maladiq
28.08.2009, 10:23
I'd much rather have the hero be a bit on the homely than have him be "handsome" in modern terms. Ideas about the attractiveness of various physical characteristics have changed dramatically over time.

It is not a matter of attractivness. G1 hero wasn't handsome. However, he looked like a human being, not like an ape.

Ugh... why does Risen's hero have such... distinctive mug? God, I really dislike how he looks like.

Well, that's 2 of us. Let's make a petition:D

Kiddin

he doesnt look like a metal heid at all. it looks like a femine metrosexual emo that is totaly out of place. when i saw that screen i was happy with how risens hero looks for the first time

Dude, you seem to have some misdirected homophobic tendencies. Your tastes... amaze me.

Rulero
29.08.2009, 10:29
not at all. it just pisses me off that always when another developer makes a sequel to a game. they put stuff in that totaly doesnt fit in the world.
and its not only the character model. since when do people in gothic have stylished hair?

TheDoctor
29.08.2009, 12:49
not at all. it just pisses me off that always when another developer makes a sequel to a game. they put stuff in that totaly doesnt fit in the world.
and its not only the character model. since when do people in gothic have stylished hair?

Is there any image of the new hero? I haven't seen him.

foobar
29.08.2009, 12:55
Is there any image of the new hero? I haven't seen him.

None that I know of. In the german forum, some users posted screenshots from the website of a german print magazine, claiming that these are showing the new hero. But doberlec said that this magazine got the same preview version which we played at the BBQ and which other mags receiced.

My personal guess is that the hero will be reworked only slightly. The intro video is already rendered and the cover is already printed. Whatever they do, the new hero has to fit to those. So maybe he'll get some beard stubbles or a scar to make him look a bit more unique and that's about it. If we're really lucky, they'll make his face structures (especially the cheekbones and eye sockets) less ape-like.

But we won't get a complete new hero.

TheDoctor
29.08.2009, 15:32
Are you talking about Risen?

Because I was talking about Arcania.

foobar
29.08.2009, 15:48
Because I was talking about Arcania.

Oopsie. Well then:

Screenshot: http://www.gamevista.de/images/stories/arcania/held_big.png

But keep in mind we're talking about Jowood here. Once upon a time, the orks of Gothic 3 looked great on "screenshots" (http://worldofgothic.de/gothic3/index.php?go=screens&detail=441), too.

TheDoctor
29.08.2009, 16:15
That hero looks like some US pop-artist or hollywood B-actor.

What's with the '00-haircut? Did he work as a male model before he went to Myrtana?

All of a sudden the hero of Risen looks several times better.

+1
+1
+1

*1UP!*

Maladiq
29.08.2009, 21:35
But keep in mind we're talking about Jowood here. Once upon a time, the orks of Gothic 3 looked great on "screenshots" (http://worldofgothic.de/gothic3/index.php?go=screens&detail=441), too.

Damn, the early, edited screenshots from G3 still are the most photorealistic screenshots I have seen in my life. Especially the ones with the lighthouse of Cap Dun.

What's with the '00-haircut? Did he work as a male model before he went to Myrtana?

That doesn't seem a '00s haircut to me.:dnuhr: It is a dude who has a kinda long hair, a hair that hasn't been combed for a long time. I don't see any special hairstyle. None at all.

TheDoctor
29.08.2009, 21:47
That doesn't seem a '00s haircut to me.:dnuhr: It is a dude who has a kinda long hair, a hair that hasn't been combed for a long time. I don't see any special hairstyle. None at all.
Oh come on. Are you blind? :rolleyes:

http://www.gamevista.de/images/stories/arcania/held_big.png
http://www.hairfinder.com/haircollections4/ce-hairstyle1.jpg

:D

Maladiq
29.08.2009, 21:55
Oh come on. Are you blind? :rolleyes:

http://www.gamevista.de/images/stories/arcania/held_big.png
http://www.hairfinder.com/haircollections4/ce-hairstyle1.jpg

:D

In teh second picture, the guy has his hair trimmed carefuly around the ears etc etc. In the screenshot, the guy has a medium-long hair that is not combed. Maybe he decided to split it, how much hairstyling inovation could that be? If it had a crazy emo cut or some killer spikes in his head, i would understand it, but this way... it is just not enough to call the hairstyle modern.

TheDoctor
29.08.2009, 22:35
In teh second picture, the guy has his hair trimmed carefuly around the ears etc etc. In the screenshot, the guy has a medium-long hair that is not combed. Maybe he decided to split it, how much hairstyling inovation could that be? If it had a crazy emo cut or some killer spikes in his head, i would understand it, but this way... it is just not enough to call the hairstyle modern.
Well, maybe not where you live. Here in Sweden I see teenage boys running around with that exact haircut all the time, not to mention all the popartists all around the word who looks more or less identical with that picture. The slightly unshaven chin hits the spot, lol.

Anyways, is the guy on the G4 image really Nameless, or a completely new hero?

Maladiq
29.08.2009, 22:45
Well, maybe not where you live. Here in Sweden I see teenage boys running around with that exact haircut all the time, not to mention all the popartists all around the word who looks more or less identical with that picture. The slightly unshaven chin hits the spot, lol.

Anyways, is the guy on the G4 image really Nameless, or a completely new hero?

It is the new hero, a fisherman. The old nameless is an evil king and looks like one:D

Well, I don't know. It is not a comp[licated enough hairstyle to call it modern: let it grow, trim a little, split down the middle. I think a middle ages guy could have done that, couldn't he?

Arkose
30.08.2009, 02:40
The old Nameless Hero now has a name: King Rohbar the Third. Seriously (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU1F67lknGA). His transition from heroic nobody to villainous king was covered in Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods, although Arcania will probably have a flashback or something as well. So far it looks like the hero of Arcania may also be nameless.

SoM3
30.08.2009, 19:20
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/2386/awesomeex.jpg

Maladiq
30.08.2009, 19:45
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/2386/awesomeex.jpg

He looks best in his 3rd picture.

Dykunas
30.08.2009, 20:57
He looks best in his 3rd picture.

Yeah, that looks much better than the first one.

jimokalos
30.08.2009, 21:19
He looks better with that smiley on his head. :p

Maladiq
30.08.2009, 21:53
Yeah, that looks much better than the first one.

He has a too oval head and looks like Peter Lorre (http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e390/factorysloth/PeterLorre-773902.jpg).

Killrog
30.08.2009, 22:03
Why so Gothic Arcania ? ^^

RobinHood 13.
31.08.2009, 19:44
Good news. Hero will get new looks.
Although I could've lived with how the hero looked,
I'm really excited for 3. september when the hero's face should be revealed.
They said we had to be 400 people watching risen forums, but that shouldn't be a problem since the german one ususally is around 200 when no such thing is happening.

SacredGamer
31.08.2009, 21:35
Yeah.
Invite your friends though.:)
I hope this hero looks much better!!

Maladiq
31.08.2009, 22:29
Good news. Hero will get new looks.
Although I could've lived with how the hero looked,
I'm really excited for 3. september when the hero's face should be revealed.
They said we had to be 400 people watching risen forums, but that shouldn't be a problem since the german one ususally is around 200 when no such thing is happening.

What, where did you read that? Sounds great:D

hehe, maybe he will get an emo hairstyle:p

EDIT: nevermind, I found the news.

André Feroi
03.09.2009, 06:30
Just to remind you to connect to this forum today (03.09.2009) between 18:00 and 18:30. Deep Silver will reveal in exclusivity the new look of the hero (if 400+ people connected)

Even if you do not care what the hero looks like (my case), it is always interesting to see how a company handles a marketing event. And this one is quite original.

English announcement and discussion here (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?p=10424904#post10424904).

Dykunas
03.09.2009, 14:54
doberlec (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/member.php?u=29200) has a new avatar. It shows us a (blurry) glimpse of the new hero: avatar29200_3.gif (http://upload.worldofplayers.de/files3/avatar29200_3.gif).

I think i can see a beard, or the hero just hasn't shaved for quite a while. And it looks as if he will have darker features.

I just hope he won't look like a wussy - i hate wussy looking heroes :B

Talek
03.09.2009, 16:55
Somehow our hero turns out to be looking a lot like our nameless hero from the shape of it D:

RobinHood 13.
03.09.2009, 17:00
399 at the german general forum only. 200 shouldn't be a problem.
Well, my clock is 18:00 now:D

Kostaz
03.09.2009, 17:14
As promised, here I am.
Will it be posted on the news section or here?

SoM3
03.09.2009, 17:18
http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/customavatars/avatar29200_10.gif
He looks superb!

LiBeRtAs
03.09.2009, 17:18
http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=668512

HERE HE IS!

RobinHood 13.
03.09.2009, 17:19
That's more like it;)

It's now actually very good in my opinion, and looks way much better than the one in Arcania.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeYv8waTqBE)

Talek
03.09.2009, 17:32
Though the screenshot avatar looked weird, when I after watching the video I must say he looks amazing :O And now he sort of looks like the hero on the cover!

Kostaz
03.09.2009, 17:33
He looks great!
:dup:to PB and DS

jimokalos
03.09.2009, 17:35
Yeah he indeed looks better but I would prefer him to have long hair. :p

Talek
03.09.2009, 17:38
For some reason it just occurred to me his facial structure is almost identical to Denzel Washington`s :D.

Now we`ve got an actor providing his appearance for our hero :D

Maladiq
03.09.2009, 17:44
Loving it:D

Sorry for not being here, i was stuck in traffic for 45 minutes, damn romania roads:(

Dykunas
03.09.2009, 18:02
Yes, the new hero looks like a man, a manly man §respekt. The arcanian hero looks like a teenage punk compared to him, this is what i'm talking about §keks

jimokalos
03.09.2009, 18:02
Actually the only difference I see is that he has beard. :p

foobar
03.09.2009, 18:29
Actually the only difference I see is that he has beard. :p

You should visit a doctor. Something might be wrong with your eyes. :p

jimokalos
03.09.2009, 18:35

Well ok and the face style has also changed. :p

TheDoctor
03.09.2009, 18:57
I talked with him in private, as you can see in his previous post.

Dino
03.09.2009, 21:06
After the hero has been changed, I say 1. Yeah! Now we're cookin' on clean natural gas! :D

TheDoctor
04.09.2009, 12:38
What's going to be his name? It can't be "nameless".

foobar
04.09.2009, 12:42
What's going to be his name? It can't be "nameless".

He does not have a name. PB said it kind of became their signature to make a hero without name. They do not want to put a label on the character but allow you to fill this gap with your own personality. It's supposed to enhance the immersion.

Hence, you could call him "nameless". Although I would suggest "RISEN hero" (RH) to avert confusion with the Gothic nameless hero. ;)

TheDoctor
04.09.2009, 14:27
He does not have a name. PB said it kind of became their signature to make a hero without name. They do not want to put a label on the character but allow you to fill this gap with your own personality. It's supposed to enhance the immersion.

Hence, you could call him "nameless". Although I would suggest "RISEN hero" (RH) to avert confusion with the Gothic nameless hero. ;)
I meant to us fans.

RH sounds good. I'm for it.

catalinux
05.09.2009, 00:07
The Stranded? Sounds like a good name.

Stalagmite
05.09.2009, 01:23
How about "The Cast Away"?

Maladiq
05.09.2009, 01:25
I would simply call him "Guy who almost looked like an accident terrible". For short Gwallat. This name would fit his old face:D

Omid-
05.09.2009, 01:27
You know, the Hero looks like a perfect Bandit or Guard/Inquisition but just imagine this guy as a mage LOL:p. Him as a mage would be like Xardas as a digger:p

Maladiq
05.09.2009, 01:32
You know, the Hero looks like a perfect Bandit or Guard/Inquisition but just imagine this guy as a mage LOL:p. Him as a mage would be like Xardas as a digger:p

Hehehe, starger things have happened:p

SoM3
05.09.2009, 08:49

To be honest, i thought exacly the same after few looks at new hero. The old head suited to a warrior and mage perfectly. And i just can't imagine this guy wearing that white-red inqusition robe.

Maladiq
06.09.2009, 16:34
To be honest, i thought exacly the same after few looks at new hero. The old head suited to a warrior and mage perfectly. And i just can't imagine this guy wearing that white-red inqusition robe.

The Gothic nameless looke horrible dressed in a novice robe, too. But I don't agree, I think this face fits any armor in the game. We'll wait and see.

TheDoctor
06.09.2009, 17:57
This is a minor issue imo.

Dino
06.09.2009, 19:40
Although I would suggest "RISEN hero" (RH) to avert confusion with the Gothic nameless hero. ;)

Yeah that sounds good.

Dykunas
06.09.2009, 22:06

I'm kind of tired of the old mage archytpe, why can't a mage look like: http://www.rpguides.de/witcher/images/azarjaved.png ? I think the new face is a pretty good fit for a strong, determined mage type of character, it's just that it's not a face for a DnD type of mage.

Killrog
06.09.2009, 22:18
I'm kind of tired of the old mage archytpe, why can't a mage look like: http://www.rpguides.de/witcher/images/azarjaved.png ? I think the new face is a pretty good fit for a strong, determined mage type of character, it's just that it's not a face for a DnD type of mage.

Depends on which DnD universe you play ;)

Stalagmite
07.09.2009, 01:44
I'm sure there will be a user mod that changes his face. ;)

Arkray
07.09.2009, 09:07
I found something weird in latest 4playes preview, well actually in the screenshots with it.

http://www.4players.de/4players.php/screenshot_list/Allgemein/9503/Screenshots/0/0/Risen.html

It may be a graphic bug but... look at the look of the hero, he looks different, has ear bangs, beard and darker and more fluffy hair:

http://static.4players.de/premium/Screenshots/fe/c5/1998598-vollbild.jpg
http://static.4players.de/premium/Screenshots/2e/f7/1998603-vollbild.jpg
http://static.4players.de/premium/Screenshots/c3/0d/1998608-vollbild.jpg

The fun is that in that same batch of screens the hero has the usual look in most of them:

http://static.4players.de/premium/Screenshots/6e/6b/1998638-vollbild.jpg
http://static.4players.de/premium/Screenshots/cb/c8/1998698-vollbild.jpg

And here he looks different again:

http://static.4players.de/premium/Screenshots/72/cb/1999023-vollbild.jpg
http://static.4players.de/premium/Screenshots/35/aa/1999028-vollbild.jpg

And in this one, from the very last ones, he has long hair or I'm imagining things?

http://static.4players.de/premium/Screenshots/0e/68/1999068-vollbild.jpg

So.... I have the secret hope the hero would be customizable, but after the new look presentation.... what was about those shots?

Arkray
07.09.2009, 09:32
No bug; the look of the hero has recently been changed.

That preview is from _before_ the look changed, it is from the batch of preview copies sent to magazines in august, with the old, aka the monkey, look.

Maladiq
07.09.2009, 12:09
LOL guys, you don;t get it. The hero's look in those photos is neither the old one nor the new one. It is a totally different head, and in the last one even longer hair. Well, I still like the new head better, the guy with the beard looks like a drunken redneck.

Bruell
09.09.2009, 20:06
Yeah he indeed looks better but I would prefer him to have long hair. :p

4;

I totally agree, long hair no jail break look;
I liked the look of the Witcher character.
PB has a tendency to have buzz cut style characters, that's probably why the don't have any decent women. :rolleyes: