PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Piranha Club is closed!

sonnedre
30.07.2009, 06:24
It's very sad news for me and perhaps for you. I hope, they will open site again, because without it we will not able to read news from Piranhas and just to discuss about game. I liked this Club.

Today we are promised reasons of their close. We need to wait.

vivaxardas
30.07.2009, 06:32
Is it just a maintenance thing, or they are closed for good? I was so surprised when I saw it!:(

foobar
30.07.2009, 11:18
Is it just a maintenance thing, or they are closed for good? I was so surprised when I saw it!:(

Closed for good, see our news from yesterday.

SacredGamer
30.07.2009, 11:48
Can somebody fill me in.

I've heard of Piranha Club I know its a website, what was its purpose?

Also why did it close down Foobar?

foobar
30.07.2009, 11:52
I've heard of Piranha Club I know its a website, what was its purpose?

You should really read our news board. :p

With this, the history of the ambitioned, bilingual fansite which took up the cause of the german-russian dialogue about the developer studio Piranha Bytes and its games and was lead and supported by highly motivated fans without commercial interests, has reached its end.

The website had a collected a highly creative group of users that made us at the WoR look small on many occasions. Unforgotten are the models from the Old Camp (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=528946) in Gothic 1 that were made with modelling clay. And we held many contests together.

Also why did it close down Foobar?

We will know more when elind releases her official statement. I think I know a bit of what it will include but it's best that she tells us with her own words. It was her decision after all.

André Feroi
30.07.2009, 12:18
You should really read our reads board. :p

Is this different than the "News Board" ?

The website had a collected a highly creative group of users ...

Well, may be they will directly feed this forum with their inputs §weissnich

Kostaz
30.07.2009, 12:23
Damn... well I guess they can migrate here.

foobar
30.07.2009, 13:18
Is this different than the "News Board" ?

D'oh!

Well, may be they will directly feed this forum with their inputs §weissnich

We'll have to see how things develop. Many russians did not come here because they don't speak german or english well enough to participate. They relied on the competent and voluntary translators that elind managed to gather. We'll just have to wait what elind has to say.

Tratos
30.07.2009, 19:42
I'm sure those regular users on our forums, who speak russian as well as english could help.

SacredGamer
30.07.2009, 20:29
True.
Did we get an explanation?

emperorzorn
30.07.2009, 20:34
True.
Did we get an explanation?

Not yet.
We are not sure what is going on.

Rumor has it that the russian partner company of Deepsilver,
which they entrusted with co-publishing Risen in Russia
started calling members of the Piranha Club community idiots
and things escalated.

But take this rumor with a grain of salt
until the statement is out.

vivaxardas
31.07.2009, 03:02
I got a message from PiranhaClub.

Title: Piranha Club is Closed

Дорогие друзья!
Мы приносим глубочайшие извинения за то, что Клуб закрыт.
Для многих из вас это стало полной неожиданностью. Но поверьте, мы в течение последнего времени предприняли все усилия для того чтобы Клуб продолжал жить.
К сожалению, мы не можем дать достойный отпор известному ресурсу, не навредив при этом брендам Ризен и Пиранья байтс. Причина проста - этот ресурс активно поддерживается локализатором и издателем.
Хотим особо обратить ваше внимание на то, что закрыт только доступ к Piranhaclub. Сам ресурс сохранен, и будет оплачиваться и в дальнейшем. Поэтому если вам потребуются материалы и программы, находящиеся на сайте и форуме, обращайтесь по адресу piranhaclab@mail.ru. Мы постараемся вам помочь.

С уважением, Администрация.

Dear friends!
We bring the deepest apologies for the fact that the club is closed.
For many of us this became a complete surprise. But believe us, we in the last period made all the effort so that the club would continue to live.
Unfortunately, we cannot give the worthy rebuff to a known resource, without harming the brands Of Risen and Piranha Bites. The reason is simple - this resource is actively supported by the localizer and the publisher.
We want to focus your attention on the fact that only the access to Piranha club is closed. Resource (the site, I presume) itself is preserved, and it will be maintained. Therefore if the materials and programs, which are located on the site and the forum are required, please e-mail piranhaclab@mail.ru. We will try to help you.

With all due respect, Administration

So, it was some fucking squabble between Piranha Club and somebody else. And they (whoever they are) made Piranha Club administration to close the club. Fucking pathetic! Reminds me again why I decided to immigrate. I mean - to close a fan site because they said something somebody else did not like? This is still possible only in Russia. :(

cifre
31.07.2009, 07:43
:( sorry for hearing that.
but not only in russia, in the whole soviet block... that's mafia killing the self enterprise. pretty shitty. maybe you can sabotage the publisher in russia for such things. buy the game from outer sources so you can give a reply or something. this is the only way to kick asses. maybe you can get some more info about what really happened.

scarlak
31.07.2009, 15:42
Could you not just move the website to another server?
I'm probably missing something here...

Maladiq
31.07.2009, 17:26
Could you not just move the website to another server?
I'm probably missing something here...

From what i understand, the closure of the website is not forced, but a form of protest.

cifre
31.07.2009, 18:33
are you sure? for me it sounded like a "disagreement" beetwen the russian publisher and a website which became too high praised by the people and the website didn't wanted to consent to some publisher requests. Maybe I'm just wrong.

Maladiq
31.07.2009, 18:42
are you sure? for me it sounded like a "disagreement" beetwen the russian publisher and a website which became too high praised by the people and the website didn't wanted to consent to some publisher requests. Maybe I'm just wrong.

Dunno, we'll just have to wait. Does anyone have any clue on how many active members the Piranha Club used to have?

AgooreZ
01.08.2009, 06:26
Hello, I'm from PiranhaClub:gratz

2 Maladiq
There were 1200-1300 registered members on PC. About three hundred among them were active members.
But all of us loved this place. It's really very sad that the Club is closed §cry

Some of us have moved to a partner portal - worldofrisen.ru. But the majority was simply dissolved on the Internet.

Maladiq
01.08.2009, 09:08
Hello, I'm from PiranhaClub:gratz

2 Maladiq
There were 1200-1300 registered members on PC. About three hundred among them were active members.
But all of us loved this place. It's really very sad that the Club is closed §cry

Some of us have moved to a partner portal - worldofrisen.ru. But the majority was simply dissolved on the Internet.

Sorry to hear that, mate. Maybe, since no official statement was made by the PC admin, there still is a chance for the site to get back on-line.

AgooreZ
01.08.2009, 10:04
Oh, have you read this? http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showpost.php?p=10111227&postcount=125
I can't translate it from German into English, but I've try to understand this message using google translator.

Maladiq
01.08.2009, 10:52
Oh, have you read this? http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showpost.php?p=10111227&postcount=125
I can't translate it from German into English, but I've try to understand this message using google translator.

Yes... I wonder if DS is going to take any action in this matter.

AgooreZ
01.08.2009, 13:28
Yes... I wonder if DS is going to take any action in this matter.
I don't think so. In my opinion Elind has tired to hear insults in her adress and attacks from New Disc's fans, and therefore she has closed the Club. What in this case could make DS? If only DS itself is not involved in it...

Maladiq
01.08.2009, 15:27
I don't think so. In my opinion Elind has tired to hear insults in her adress and attacks from New Disc's fans, and therefore she has closed the Club. What in this case could make DS? If only DS itself is not involved in it...

From what i understand the insults came not from fans, but from the russian publisher directly. In this case, DS could do something. But maybe i am wrong. Maybe someone from the german side could tell us what Elind said in that post, google translation is quite crappy.

BTW: Welcome here and grab a beer:D

Kostaz
01.08.2009, 15:36
BTW: Welcome here and grab a beer:DRussians drink vodka :D

AgooreZ
01.08.2009, 18:20
Russians drink vodka :D

Also walk on streets in bast shoes with bears.:D

Maelthra
01.08.2009, 23:57
Also walk on streets in bast shoes with bears.
Woah so its TRUE

GothenX
07.08.2009, 18:28
:D:D:D No, it's not true)) Even in Siberia, we are now +30 and no bears)))

Hello, fans of Gothic! ;)

I'm from Piranha Club too. I was very surprised by the news of the closure of the club. I hope to continue to communicate further with my friends here. And find new friends among the English-speaking and German-speaking community.

Sorry for my terrible English :rolleyes:

foobar
07.08.2009, 18:32
:D:D:D No, it's not true)) Even in Siberia, we are now +30 and no bears)))

Welcome GothenX! Come in and have a nice cold beer with us. §prost

Or something without alcohol, if you're a minor or not interested in beer. :)

GothenX
07.08.2009, 18:49
Welcome GothenX! Come in and have a nice cold beer with us. §prost

Thanks a lot!) Beer it's not bad. I'm not a child and can drink) So, about club. It appears you are aware of the situation with him even more than us. I didn't know that the closure of the club is linked with the Russian localizer. I am ashamed of these people. They have been so bad with those who tried for the players and fans of Gothic. :(