PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Orcs in Gothic 3

Zaratul
02.05.2005, 22:29
What do U think about new orcs in Gothic3? $ausheck

MercSteff
03.05.2005, 10:24
they look more like monkeys or prehistorical man! but it's ok. i love the new scavangers! they are pink ans so much more pleasure will be taken in killing them!

Zaratul
03.05.2005, 10:33
I totaly agree about scavangers!:dup:
But I think that I`m going to miss old orcs, which where like monsters and looked much more scary then the new one! :confused:

Sowilo
03.05.2005, 11:10
KaiRo said that the Orcs of Khorinis were isolated for centuries and don't became very intelligent (like stone age orc's). The orc's at the mainland have a culture and cilivation (u see the armour). But there r different orc races too.

I don't know if there r the Khorines stone age orcs at the mainland too but it could be possible cause in the intro of G1 u see a battle on the mainland with Khorinis orcs.
But as they made G1 they didn't thought about g2 or g3...

Zaratul
03.05.2005, 11:18
As U said

I don't know if there r the Khorines stone age orcs at the mainland too but it could be possible cause in the intro of G1 u see a battle on the mainland with Khorinis orcs.

They must think of something because I actualy liked them!!! :cool: Like in the "kiking their ugly asses!":dnuhr: way! :D

Sowilo
03.05.2005, 11:45
I little Information 4 u English speakers. The German Text at ur Smilie means sth like "If u don't know anything - shut up".

rekinu
03.05.2005, 21:41
nice to know that...
the new orcs look stronger....so ... i don't like their mugs...they look like Minotaur, or sometin` like that....:D

but think this way...if a man, looks like that on tha g3 site, how would an orc look like, after he was passed trough the new engine of graphics...:D

@Sowilo
hmm....Orcs from Khorinis? Stupid pre-historical orcs? but in G2 the isle is full of them...where did they hide in G1 ? they didn't, in G2, thay camed by sea.......from.......mainland, so on the mainland exists, such kind of orcs....

but let's not compare G1 with G3, because they didn't think at G2 and G3, when they started. . .

But as they made G1 they didn't thought about g2 or g3...

Sowilo
03.05.2005, 21:56
Maybe there is an other unexplored region with many many many orc's^^.

rekinu
03.05.2005, 22:01
yes but let's not talk about this because it ends to nothing. . .some guys from G2 are saying that the orcs came by the sea...so...let's not talk...

Sowilo
03.05.2005, 22:08
Why not, it would be interisting u can go from Jharkendar to Khorinis by ship too^^.

rekinu
03.05.2005, 22:16
yes, but I mean, that in G1, they meant to make only one race of orcs, that looked like those from G1 and G2 . . . so maybe there is a race , a G1&2 orc race, that looks like those and that is the soldier race of the orcs....and the stupid ones....or maybe they are the main orc race....we will live and see... ^^.

Sowilo
03.05.2005, 22:32
ok u r right it's senseless..

Zaratul
04.05.2005, 04:41
ACtualy I agree. But then we just have to liv vith these new orcs! :D

Godcrusher
04.05.2005, 06:16
nice to know that...
the new orcs look stronger....so ... i don't like their mugs...they look like Minotaur, or sometin` like that....:D

but think this way...if a man, looks like that on tha g3 site, how would an orc look like, after he was passed trough the new engine of graphics...:D

@Sowilo
hmm....Orcs from Khorinis? Stupid pre-historical orcs? but in G2 the isle is full of them...where did they hide in G1 ? they didn't, in G2, thay camed by sea.......from.......mainland, so on the mainland exists, such kind of orcs....

but let's not compare G1 with G3, because they didn't think at G2 and G3, when they started. . .

New orcs and scavegers are great :D

@rekinu

The orcs from the g2 are comming by ships from the island(where you kill undead dragon). It is said that orck build a big port who reinforce them :D ;)

MercSteff
04.05.2005, 08:47
you are right. plus the orc army has different divisions, like any army. maybe they sent to khorinis the weakest, dumbest one, considering it would be easy to take! khorinis is a small matter on the whole war map.

Godcrusher
04.05.2005, 14:44
you are right. plus the orc army has different divisions, like any army. maybe they sent to khorinis the weakest, dumbest one, considering it would be easy to take! khorinis is a small matter on the whole war map.

Right you can see the orc elites in g2 but not in gothic That submits your teory merc :D

rekinu
04.05.2005, 15:22
Orc elite, orc hunter, orc scout, orc warrior, orc shaman... (the orc hunter wasn't in g2 right ? ) . . .so...maybe you all are right...but i'm not trying to discover the orcs origin...:D I will find that out in G3 .

Zaratul
04.05.2005, 15:29

The dumbest!!!!§rofl

Okey it could be, but why they send weekest army if ore is so important for Beliahr???

rekinu
04.05.2005, 15:35
as I said ... We can't talk about this thing ! the only orcs developed till now, by PB, are those from G1 and G2... don't try to find explanations for every move they(the orcs) make... so what if now we have some races of orcs ? don't try to get an explanation, because it's useless... :D got me ? :D

Zaratul
04.05.2005, 15:39
Oki rekinu!!

Lets wait and see what PB will give us!!! :D

Bartacus
06.05.2005, 22:41
Don't believe those stories about the orcs I've been reading so far. I think they just wanted to give it a total new look and so they changed the orcs too. I for one don't like the new orcs, but at least I like the new creatures more.

Zaratul
07.05.2005, 21:03
I for one don't like the new orcs, but at least I like the new creatures more.

Totaly agree!!!! :D New creatures are realy cool!!! :cool:

MercSteff
09.05.2005, 07:11
i love the attention given to details, like in the landscape and creatures, ofcourse. just look how real the vegetation looks! awsome!!! about the orcs... i'm sure there are different guilds, so we'll see really cool orcs too!

Auroc
09.05.2005, 18:04
@ Bartacus: I agree. The overtake of the orcs is not the best, but in the end something has to be new.
Poor Orcs. Not as raw, wild and brutal-looking as in G1-2.

@ Sowilo: I think you made a mistake. The Orcs that are sieging Khorinis are the same that conquered the Myrthana-Homeland.
Only the tribe in Part 1 was isolated.

Sowilo
09.05.2005, 18:50
But they r looking a little bit different^^.

MercSteff
10.05.2005, 08:49
... looks can be deceiving...

Godcrusher
10.05.2005, 12:19
@ Bartacus: I agree. The overtake of the orcs is not the best, but in the end something has to be new.
Poor Orcs. Not as raw, wild and brutal-looking as in G1-2.

@ Sowilo: I think you made a mistake. The Orcs that are sieging Khorinis are the same that conquered the Myrthana-Homeland.
Only the tribe in Part 1 was isolated.

Ofcourse. Orcs in g1 were traped by the barrier, and orcs from g2 come from Irdorath :D ;)

Auroc
10.05.2005, 17:35
Maybe...but you have to differ between the captured orcs inside the barrier and the free living orcs.
And these both are free, the orcs from Irdorath and Myrthana-Capital (and so on...).

rekinu
10.05.2005, 21:30
yes, but if you still want to talk about this, tell me... the orcs within the barrier, they didn't die ? I mean, I understood that the convicts wore throwed in there, but I can't see someone to throw orcs inside...and there wore not orc females ... how did they survive.. ? they wore very old ...:D

Zaratul
11.05.2005, 01:12
yes, but if you still want to talk about this, tell me... the orcs within the barrier, they didn't die ? I mean, I understood that the convicts wore throwed in there, but I can't see someone to throw orcs inside...and there wore not orc females ... how did they survive.. ? they wore very old ...:D

It is a mistery we will never know... :D

Godcrusher
11.05.2005, 05:53

The orcs weren't trown in the barrier. When the magicians create it, it got out of their hands, so they traped orcs as well. :D

@don't know about females...

Jammer
20.05.2005, 11:33
if you're going to talk about orcs and they reproduction... Tolkien told about orcs in his work that they were once elves, so they don't die of old age or something like that. furthermore, they "grow" from the earth, they dont procreate like the human.

as for the new orcs in G3, i agree, they don't look as brutal as in g1/2, they look more like bigfoot. but thats not the worst, i always hated those pesky dinosaur-looking creatures... but i love the molerat, the trolls, scavengers etc, the original Gothic creatures.

Godcrusher
20.05.2005, 16:33
if you're going to talk about orcs and they reproduction... Tolkien told about orcs in his work that they were once elves, so they don't die of old age or something like that. furthermore, they "grow" from the earth, they dont procreate like the human.

as for the new orcs in G3, i agree, they don't look as brutal as in g1/2, they look more like bigfoot. but thats not the worst, i always hated those pesky dinosaur-looking creatures... but i love the molerat, the trolls, scavengers etc, the original Gothic creatures.

Elves in gothic? Don't think so. I think orcs were created by Beliar. or he just ensleve them ;)

MercSteff
20.05.2005, 19:39
Elves in gothic? Don't think so. I think orcs were created by Beliar. or he just ensleve them ;)

i'm pretty sure that if there were elves in G3, orcs would eat them!

rekinu
21.05.2005, 16:12
seems like Gothic is becoming LOTR...and by the new requests of others ----> Morro............. (* fuck *)

The mistery about the orcs and other things goes on...

Godcrusher
21.05.2005, 19:50
I really don't think that PB will make this story about orcs that they were once humans. That is like LOTR and we all know that Gothic has his own culture and Mithology ;)

KingOvi
21.05.2005, 20:01
I don't know what to say, but same as you, i don't like the new orcs. Too much changed. I like rhinos, and the new snappers, scavengers, and the fat farmers.

ThorTheViking
23.05.2005, 20:50
I too don't like the now orcs they look too much like cave men not like orcs
and i also don't like the dinosaur (in the teaser movie) that eats that ''rhino'' it will be like jurassic park. But if that is a snapper that rhinos must be damn small. :) But i'm not too concerned about changes we will just have to get used to new graphics. §burn

EDWARDsmall
13.10.2006, 23:13
Orcs be orcs they made for war ...

sanxi
14.10.2006, 03:08
The orcs in G1 and G2 were nothing more than brutish beasts and basicly looked like bigfoots / yetis.

Allthough it was hinted that they actually have a more evolved culture in G1&G2

The new orcs looks a bit more sophisticated. They talk you language and have a further evolved society. But still they play an important role as the opressors.

Sorry to ramble on, but in short. I like the new orcs! :cool:

sanxi
14.10.2006, 03:12
The orcs in G1 and G2 were nothing more than brutish beasts and basicly looked like bigfoots / yetis.

The new orcs looks a bit more sophisticated. They talk you language and have a further evolved society. But still they play an important role as the opressors.

sanxi
14.10.2006, 03:15