PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Problems with savegames using english translation mod of NotR

SupCow
02.05.2005, 16:47
Hi.

I'm having some odd problems with loading games. I'm posting here hoping someone has an idea what is going on and hopefully how to fix it.

I played Gothic 2 almost a year ago now and absolutely loved it. For the last year I've been waiting to see if an english version of the addon would ever hit the market. Since it diden't I decided to try out the english translation.

I installed the game as explained on this site and it works ok (a mixture of english/german voices and all english subtitles).

I played a great deal this sunday but when I wanted to load my savegame monday it diden't work - gothic just crashed (it diden't show the small picture in Load Game menu).

Now today I decided to start over. I also decided to save games every 5 minutes using a new slot (and later cycle (I named them 1,2,3 etc).

I saved 1, 2 and 3. When I died a bit after saving 3 the game crashed. I restarted and found that savegame 3 was gone, only 1 and 2 left.

When I try to load 1 >or< 2 gothic crashes.. no error messages.

Any ideas? (sorry for the long post).

SupCow
02.05.2005, 16:49
I should add that if I can't figure out what's wrong I'll probably not play, I don't want this to happen when I've gotten really hooked on the game.. that would suck.

Sowilo
02.05.2005, 19:39
Hi,
u have engl. G2 + German Addon + Translation Mod (patched)?

And when u try to load a game which u saved a few minutes ago u have a "little" prob?

K, first problem, I don't know if this is a bug cause the German addon or if sth other is going wrong.

Would u deinstall the game and try to install it new in the correct order with patches etc.? If there is the problem again I will see what i can do.

SupCow
02.05.2005, 22:52
Well.. this is very embarrasing.

It turned out the harddrive I had Gothic on was full.

When I tried to save games Gothic did not complain about disk space so I never thought of it. Apparently Gothic does not check for needed space and does not handle when here isen't enough.

Anyway I simply moved the game to another drive.

/me is embarrased but happy §troet

Sowilo
03.05.2005, 10:58
lol - that is the last I would think about, but great if it works now :)