PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : A couple of questions.

The EvilAlex
14.06.2009, 11:12
Yo, just joined WOR and am VERY exited about Risen(More then Arcania).

First of I would like to say is, good luck PB with Risen.
Since JoWooD is about to ruin the whole Gothic franchise, I hope that Risen will take it's place.

So here are the questions.
1.DLC\EP??
Hope you will make one, since the NOTR was really good.
2.Is there character customization???
I don't mean where you create a character, but you just slightly alter characters appearance(Hairstyles, beards, etc..).

As I understand, there will be factions\guilds in the game.
3.So my question is, how awesome will the guilds be compered to the Gothic games:p??
I liked the Mages Guild in Gothic 2 and I really hope that in Risen, when you join the Mages guild, you'll have everything that you had in Gothic 2(Only much more;)).

That's it for now and sorry for comparing Gothic with Risen so much:p.

Propje
14.06.2009, 11:18
Hmm, I think the answers are

1. No EP's for sure I think, pbb just some bug fixing patches
2. Nope, I don't think they implemented such feature in the game.
3. how awesome? Veeeeeeery awesome pbb. :D

The EvilAlex
14.06.2009, 11:24
Man...
That was fast, this site sure is moving:D.
The first two didn't mater so much as the third did and I'm happy with the answer.
Hope when you join the Mages guild, they will give you different robes depending on your rank and a pretty room in a pretty temple:D.

Powaz
14.06.2009, 11:29
Welcome, man §wink

Well now let's head to your questions.

1. Well no one really knows and I doubt Piranha Bytes would say anything other than "Might be". If the games gets popular I think it's really possible. ;)

2. No, it's won't be possible to alter the looks of the hero, just like in Gothic games.

3. Well there are 3 guilds in Risen: The Inquisition, The Priests and The Outlaws.

Well the Inquisition is an Order sent by the Kings, they use special staff fighting techniques and employ a little bit of magic. They are led by a mysterous man with a strange monocle and a metal gauntlet - The Inquisitor. They have set their headquaters in the Volcano Fortress and from there they enforce their laws in the Island.

The Priests/Mages are so far the most mysterious faction, they're are native to the Island. They care for the inhabitants of the Isle. They used to live in the Volcano Fortress but at the moment the Inquisition has taken it over, but of course some mages still live there, they only have a lot of new room mates at the moment. :p Not many other things are known, but they can "build" their own spells.

And lastly the Outlaws are a faction of bandits/rebels, who refused to obey the law of the Inquisitor, they are led by a Don and they set up a camp in the swamp near a huge temple. They live from selling artefacts in the black market. Now the Outlaws know some complex sword fighting techniques. The best swordmen are in this guild, they also employ shields and other weapons. :)

The EvilAlex
14.06.2009, 11:40
"They used to live in the Volcano Fortress but at the moment the Inquisition has taken it over."§burn
Damn them...
Maybe are mission will be to scare them of:p.
Hope the new place is as comfy as the Volcano Fortress.

Powaz
14.06.2009, 11:44
The Mages are spread all over the Island, you'll find them in the harbor city of Faranga too. Now I don't know a lot, but I think they agreed to let the Inquisition into their fortress, because the Inquisition carries the order from the King himself and I doubt the Mages would want any problems. :)

The EvilAlex
14.06.2009, 13:10
Are there different Mages or are they all in one group??

Powaz
14.06.2009, 13:26
I think just one group of mages.

Dino
14.06.2009, 16:50
Not many other things are known, but they can "build" their own spells.

Now that is AWESOME. If they can create their own spells I'd sure as hell be a mage.

The EvilAlex
15.06.2009, 11:33
Hmm, I wonder how that will work.
I'll pray that it wont resemble Oblivion in any way.

catalinux
15.06.2009, 13:45
I believe you'll have a predefined number of possible spells you can learn. So you'll have limited options. Just like the tobacco in G2 - you could mix it with just a few ingredients. You will cast the spells with your hands, so no runes or scrolls. One spell once learned, you can expend its damage force once you become a more talented magician.

Dino
15.06.2009, 14:04
^Hmm.. not so bad.

Though it could be good if we can do "FU-SION-HA!" with the spells. I've always wanted to see that in a PC game. Like, fuse 2 kick-ass spells into 1 kick-asser(a new word :D) spell. Like... Hmm... Wave of Ice + ice Block = Ice block that explodes when it hits and makes a couple of ice waves, also throwing some ice bolts in random directions.

Or something.

Talek
15.06.2009, 14:28
Well, I figure it will have a more generic feeling to it. I do not believe we will be able to display our imagination concerning magic spells at will, but things like creating a fireball, then expanding its effect to a firestorm (area of effect) and then large firestorm should very well be in the game.

However, I too would like to see some new spells to produce, but not as devastating as that ice block/wave hybrid. Instead, I would love to see some decent elemental mixtures or some environment-altering spells (eg. toying with weather (fire rain/thunderstorm having a lasting effect), combing spells into elemental ones (storm+fire=fire rain, storm+ice=blizzard), etc.

catalinux
15.06.2009, 18:54
I will invest as much as possible in levitation ;)

Dykunas
17.06.2009, 13:30
I loved the effects of magic spells in the Gothic series, especially "the fist of wind" spell. Nothing beats blowing away a pack of pesky goblins of a ridge with a wind spell :D.

I hope that Risen will bring back the charm of being a magician, because the magic system in G3 felt a bit watered down :dnuhr:

The EvilAlex
19.06.2009, 22:09
Got more questions.
I don't know if this has been answered, but here goes.

1.How large is the world in Risen??
2.When I want to become a magician or a guard or whatever, do I need to prove myself, like in the first Gothic when I wanted to join the Old Camp???

That was one of my favorite moments in the game, it took me so long to prove myself, but when i did, it felt SOO GOOD.
The excitement didn't end there, the game kept surprising me with all the promotions and the overall pace of the game.
3.So will I have that in the game???

foobar
20.06.2009, 00:23
1.How large is the world in Risen??

About the size of Gothic 2.

2.When I want to become a magician or a guard or whatever, do I need to prove myself, like in the first Gothic when I wanted to join the Old Camp???

You'll have to join the Inquisition, as far as we currently know.

Swarms
20.06.2009, 11:32
You'll have to join the Inquisition, as far as we currently know.
So three factions, but we are only able to join one of them?

foobar
20.06.2009, 11:50
So three factions, but we are only able to join one of them?

As I understand it, at the beginning you can either join the bandits or let yourself get caught by the Inquisition (effectively joining them). Once you're a member of the Inquisition, at some point you will be able to join the mages.

I suppose it's similar to Gothic 1 when you joined the Old Camp. You always started as shadow and after the defeat of the minecrawler queen, you could either become a firemage or a guardsman.

Swarms
20.06.2009, 11:53
As I understand it, at the beginning you can either join the bandits or let yourself get caught by the Inquisition (effectively joining them). Once you're a member of the Inquisition, at some point you will be able to join the mages.

I suppose it's similar to Gothic 1 when you joined the Old Camp. You always started as shadow and after the defeat of the minecrawler queen, you could either become a firemage or a guardsman.

Oh, so you can still join every faction. I am still very positive towards this game then. :)