PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Information about the interface

catalinux
09.06.2009, 08:51
We can see in this gallery (http://worldofrisen.de/gallery_85.htm) how the actual interface look.

How do you find it?

I like it. And I have only a suggestion about the color of the HP bar - make it Green, not Red.

Larisa
09.06.2009, 09:25
Minimalistic... it's nice.

But where is the compass? Where is the minimap? :p

Talek
09.06.2009, 10:03
I love how it looks. It retains the standard g1/g2 look, with identical colors.

I love it.

Raul48
09.06.2009, 10:10
I love how it looks, too. Also I'd like to see manually customizable interface (like in Guild Wars, where you can size, drag and toggle visibility of bars), but I doubt it'll be implemented.

Michael Rüve
09.06.2009, 10:49
I love how it looks, too. Also I'd like to see manually customizable interface (like in Guild Wars, where you can size, drag and toggle visibility of bars), but I doubt it'll be implemented.
Have a look at the current news. Doberlec has posted something on the interface.
While his text is German, you can see three different settings of the interface in screenshots.

Kostaz
09.06.2009, 11:29
I just love it!

Blutmagier Roy
09.06.2009, 12:24
Minimalistic... it's nice.

But where is the compass? Where is the minimap? :p

You can see the compass on the third picture in the right bottom corner. Doberlec said that the design might change until the game is released. It doesn't seem that a minimap will be implemented.

Northie
09.06.2009, 12:30
How do you find it?

I don't exactly like looking at minimal.

Nothing on screen so that health and mana are determined by looking at the character would be better.

Or max on screen info. so that everything is there, which looks more appropriate.

catalinux
09.06.2009, 12:31
"Nothing on screen so that health and mana are determined by looking at the character would be better." - I totally agree.

a minimap would be like a gps. not a bad idea. if it gets dark and you are lost, it would be simple to find a nice and warm cave, or a monastery.

Larisa
09.06.2009, 13:35
You can see the compass on the third picture in the right bottom corner. Doberlec said that the design might change until the game is released. It doesn't seem that a minimap will be implemented.

I was joking, I don't like such 'modern' features. I never used the compass in G3, for example, except when flying with free camera.

a minimap would be like a gps. not a bad idea. if it gets dark and you are lost, it would be simple to find a nice and warm cave, or a monastery.

That's when I'll open the normal map. It was always a pleasure for me in G1/G2, when it took almost 2 seconds for the map to open, to check where exactly am I and planning where should I go next.

Michael Rüve
09.06.2009, 14:37
a minimap would be like a gps.

Including radar functionality with a fully working FFI, to fire your heat seeking bow ammunition at? I think not :D

Pericle
09.06.2009, 15:30
Looks good, keep it at minimum! I hate messy UIs.

TeLovesc
09.06.2009, 16:05
i find it very good the way it is now ,it reminds me of G1/G2. I hope it won`t change §wink

foobar
09.06.2009, 16:05
Including radar functionality with a fully working FFI, to fire your heat seeking bow ammunition at? I think not :D

We need an autopilot, too. Just press a key and the game plays itself, doing all the quests and the fights. You know, games got to be "accessible" these days... ;)

Larisa
09.06.2009, 16:25
We need an autopilot, too. Just press a key and the game plays itself, doing all the quests and the fights.

You know, that wouldn't be so bad. To make the hero run by itself, fight some monsters, etc. Good for measuring FPS and compare with others.

Vedzitux
09.06.2009, 16:47
It just made smile. Such awesome news after the Arcania In game video that made me sad. Keep it up, PB ;} <3

SimDuch
09.06.2009, 16:58

i can smell a bit of sarcasms in here :D, seriously, its perfect !

Zocky
09.06.2009, 17:50
regular g1/2 like map is the best solution i think. As somebody said, it just fits perfectly into the game, how you have to open the map and 'manually' find yourself where you are and where you plan to go, just what you would expect in game with medieval-ish setting. Compass was a bit too modern, but it would be kinda cool if, when people gives you direction, they could say something like go north for some time and then turn west on the XY farm. Something like this was in g3 iirc, and i really liked that.

4ltair
09.06.2009, 18:46
Well, to quote myself from another thread:
It's perfect!
And if those 2 bar would appear only in the appropriate context (fighting, spellcasting), it would be more than perfect ;).

nirolF
09.06.2009, 19:16
I also hope to be able to put marks on the map (dots or X). Or maybe a drawing function could be implemented so we can sketch a future route to be taken, or just make some comment for a mission.

ElectricDragon
09.06.2009, 19:48
Good choice with manual change settings :) I love it and I'll play it :D

vivaxardas
09.06.2009, 20:13
At last somebody is doing things right! After huge dissapointment with Arcania I'm glad to see a normal interface in Risen. :)

Northie
09.06.2009, 21:23
And if those 2 bar would appear only in the appropriate context (fighting, spellcasting), it would be more than perfect ;).

That would be good enough to pass just not with flying colors.

Northie
09.06.2009, 21:33

Actually, Michael it really can't be hard to implement a flag for a cave or town, etc. that you've visited before and have an arrow or 'gps' dot or similar appear on the compass to point the way.

Just pick a location from a list, quest, or the map and start heading in the direction it shows.

You already have a compass just give it more meaning ;)

...and then you can add heat seeking.

catalinux
10.06.2009, 00:16
We need an autopilot, too. Just press a key and the game plays itself, doing all the quests and the fights. You know, games got to be "accessible" these days... ;)

but we already had an autopilot! ai goto "waypoint" ;)

I was kind of kidding when I said it is not a bad idea to have a minimap acting like a gps :) but sometimes I try hard to understand and to accept the new features from today games. So don't blame me if sometimes I stop acting like an old Gothic fan :)

Now seriously... I'd love a minimalistic interface (I'd also love an optional keyboard-only controls :p). It's a good idea to see the life/mana bar only when fighting. Maybe the option to achieve this by modifying the .ini file.

zarrkoff
10.06.2009, 01:44
Can we have the option to turn off the interface completely? I love the immersion of not having any bars on screen.

foobar
10.06.2009, 02:03
Can we have the option to turn off the interface completely? I love the immersion of not having any bars on screen.

doberlec said there's currently a debugging key which disables the entire HUD. He was unsure if it will be removed for the final release or not (my guess is not, why bother with the removal?). But that function is designed for making screenshots, not active gaming. The game is designed to be played with those bars. You won't have any feedback about your hero's health if you disable them. If he's at 10% health, he won't start to hink or totter or something like that. At some point, he'll just drop dead and you will not see it coming.

zarrkoff
10.06.2009, 03:46
doberlec said there's currently a debugging key which disables the entire HUD. He was unsure if it will be removed for the final release or not (my guess is not, why bother with the removal?). But that function is designed for making screenshots, not active gaming. The game is designed to be played with those bars. You won't have any feedback about your hero's health if you disable them. If he's at 10% health, he won't start to hink or totter or something like that. At some point, he'll just drop dead and you will not see it coming.

If the hud disable could be assigned to a key, then we could enable it during fights and disable it during exploration. There is a nice mod for TES4 that makes the health bar invisible until your health drops below a certain percent - maybe this also could be an idea?

4ltair
10.06.2009, 05:59
It's kind of funny that we are "complaining" even about a 2 bars HUD :).
That's why i said the interface is perfect as it is and if they decide to make it appear only when needed it would be a bonus, if not, still remains perfect.
Guess that is a part of the human condition:if you somehow reach the highest point you can imagine, then you will consider that point "ground zero" and try to go even higher.

TeLovesc
10.06.2009, 06:30
If the hud disable could be assigned to a key, then we could enable it during fights and disable it during exploration. There is a nice mod for TES4 that makes the health bar invisible until your health drops below a certain percent - maybe this also could be an idea?

ok if you mentioned about TES4 i know why u are complaining . If you played any gothic games ,you would have noticed that many times you got attacked by surprise ,so you really really need that health bar over there because you don`t know everytime when you are going to fight.

Powaz
10.06.2009, 06:34
The interface is perfect. As one of my collegues said after the dissapointment of ArcaniA this is like a fresh breeze of awesomeness. Good to see somebody is doing things the right way.

I just really hope that by pressing space and and one of the cursor keys up and down by default W and S the character will draw another weapon just like in Gothic 2, I really missed this feature in Gothic 3.

4ltair
10.06.2009, 07:07
Belive me or not, i am playing Gothic since 2004 and i have discovered that feature only a couple of days ago :).
I hope i will see this thing in Risen.

Hampu
10.06.2009, 10:51
Kinda like it. No numbers and stuff. this is a game created for hardcore fans right?

nirolF
10.06.2009, 11:28
The healh bar could be done like the mana from G2, when it's full it is invisible. Also something like this could be done:
- the health bar is invisible by default (when full)
- if you draw a wapon it became visible
- if you get hit it became visible

catalinux
10.06.2009, 13:06
I just really hope that by pressing space and and one of the cursor keys up and down by default W and S the character will draw another weapon just like in Gothic 2

whaaaaat? :eek: is this happening in G2? if I press space then up down w s all I get is one step forward or one step backward.

strange...

but no interface/HUD... I'd like this. only a visible life bar only when fighting/mana bar when using spells. not by default. only as a hidden option for old Gothic fans ;)

Kostaz
10.06.2009, 14:18
The bars are so nice that I prefer seeing them all the time:D

Powaz
10.06.2009, 14:38
whaaaaat? :eek: is this happening in G2? if I press space then up down w s all I get is one step forward or one step backward.

strange...

Sorry I meant hold space

zarrkoff
10.06.2009, 16:51
I'm not complaining - if the hud can't be switched off then fair enough, I still think it is a good job what they have done with it. I personally still prefer no hud though, even if it makes the game harder.

(And I'm a long-time Gothic fan, having bought the original Gothic when it was just released - I mentioned TES as an example, but I much prefer the Gothic series)

Northie
10.06.2009, 20:52
It's kind of funny that we are "complaining" even about a 2 bars HUD :).

When your looking at it for 30+ hours it isn't such a small issue ;)

Don't think any of us are so called "complaining" anyway as we'll play it with whatever they do and be happy too.

4ltair
10.06.2009, 22:11
When your looking at it for 30+ hours it isn't such a small issue ;)

Don't think any of us are so called "complaining" anyway as we'll play it with whatever they do and be happy too.

I know, that's why i've writed "complaining" as i did.
And yes, those bars surely look good, so it's not a problem to look 30+ hours at them :), especially when i'll be busy with something else in the game.
@catalinux
I've only discovered that feature in Gothic 2 a couple of day ago and i am playing Gothic since 2004 :).
I you press and hold the "Draw weapon" key and then tap the "Forward" key, the hero will switch between drawing a melee weapon, ranged weapon and magic.

Alea
10.06.2009, 23:38
Ok, if we are not looking at perfection, surely we are quite close at it. :D
I really hope that will be the stuff we are going to buy on stores :cool:

And about the minimap, we don't need one right? an hand-drawed map like in G1 and G2, with merely some meaningful things on it, will be more than enough; you can't call yourself an adventurer if you cry for a minimap :p

Good, very good. Guys work on bugs and you're on the very straight road to heaven (for us of course;))

Wow up to now i'm completely facinated, i can't say nothing more, i really have no words to describe my actual happyness.

Gon on this way, i really can't see the time i'll get my dirty hands on that beautiful game:gratz

§wink

André Feroi
11.06.2009, 19:09

I think this existed in the past. It was called "movie" or something like that ;)

foobar
11.06.2009, 19:16
I think this existed in the past. It was called "movie" or something like that ;)

I vaguely remember something like that. But we cannot call it "movie" because that's just sooo old school. We have to call it a game. You, like "quarantine" instead of "naval blockage".

Dino
13.06.2009, 06:59
It's not bad. But I have one general complain: I'm used to seeing the HP/mana bars either in the left upper/lower or right upper/lower corners of the screen, not in the middle. This is something I'll need time getting used to.
Why? Well, because all the action goes in the middle of the screen, not in the corners ;) I don't know, I just don't really like them there.

[edit]

What are the things in the lower left corner(in the 2nd and 3rd screenshots)? To me they look so out of place.

Powaz
13.06.2009, 07:49
These icons show one what weapons can one draw.

Dino
13.06.2009, 21:15
Ah, that makes sense.

Well, TBH I don't like them. The icons look so big and out of place, at least for me. Maybe if they were a bit smaller it would be better.

[edit]
Hmm... If the UI is customizeable, that'll be a nice feature.

Mage Master
16.06.2009, 13:56
The biggest problem for me is that the target HP bar is too low on the screen. it should be at the top not almost in the middle. and those thing that sow you your weapons are kinna useless and remind me of "Fable". You can see your on you character and thats enough.

and as Dino said its better for the HP and Mana bar to be in the corners.
or at least to make them fadeble, like if it doesn't move it like a min or more to be see-thoughish.

oh and sorry for my english. not very good at writing(some words).

Dykunas
17.06.2009, 13:10
The interface is pretty good, but it would be nice if it could fade away while you're not fighting.

It's great that they didn't include a minimap also, i always liked the exploration part in Gothic which was only enhanced by not including all these handholding interface accessories :A

Maladiq
17.06.2009, 20:41
Gothic interface rulzz. I was like WTF?! when I first saw the life bar. That was perfect. But for now I am pleased with what they showed us.:)