PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Bugs from Gothic 1 You'd Want To See Fixed!

Korianous
06.06.2009, 03:22
Hello All,

Well, the title says it all! This is your chance to complain to your heart's content about the original Gothic :p. As we all know, this game was still rather buggy, even with the latest patch (1.08k) installed, far more so than it's successor (we have corrected many of them with our upcoming patch + hotfix, which should be here very soon :)).

So, we want to hear from you guys. What bugs, if any, have bothered you when playing Gothic 1? This is where you can let us know about it. Stuff to include might be AI/Pathfinding issues, rendering/graphics issues, script or code errors, errors/inconsistencies in the dialogue/texts etc. If you're having a problem, we'd like to hear about it. Even dialogue/text errors are acceptable.

What we don't want to see in this thread are things about content/feature additions such as new quests, dialogue, items, etc., or changes to existing features (ie replacing the Gothic 1 skill set with Gothic 2). An exception would be a feature improvement which improves a flawed feature in Gothic 1 (ie, improving the pickpocketing system, as the skill was truly useless in Gothic 1). This rule would apply to exploits as well. They are what they are, no need to fix them.

Also, these bug reports are for vanilla Gothic 1 with the 1.08k patch installed. Bugs found when playing a mod (Golden Mod, NoName Mod, Dark Mysteries, etc.) go beyond the purposes of this thread, and should be discussed with the creators of the mod.

With that said, go ahead and complain away :D. Now is your opportunity, tell us what issues of Gothic 1 you think ought to be fixed.

Best Wishes,

- Korianous

NOTE:
When Reporting a Crash Error:

Simply stating "the game crashes on startup or at a certain point" won't provide us much insight. If you would like to tell us about the error so we can gain some insight from it, either print a screen of the error report and paste it here, or attach a copy of the error log generated upon crashing the game. Thanks :)

AngelOfGothic
06.06.2009, 08:46
1)Gorn attacks you when u attack try to conquer the old mine.
2)When i try to save Diego or some important caracter goes underground,but i find him in the place where is supposed to be.
3)When you ask Lester to show you the way sometimes he doesn't show the way.
4)Heard some people that having troubles in the temple of the Sleeper and when there is a cutscene,they need to go to options and mute the music so that gothic won't crash.
I gonna have to reinstall the game first before i can say what other bugs are in the game.

Altair-AoD
06.06.2009, 16:38
3)When you ask Lester to show you the way sometimes he doesn't show the way.
4)Heard some people that having troubles in the temple of the Sleeper and when there is a cutscene,they need to go to options and mute the music so that gothic won't crash.
I gonna have to reinstall the game first before i can say what other bugs are in the game.
:dnuhr: Hmm these things never happened to me.

There is only one thing that bothers me (except the mad Gorn as Angel already pointed out): if you try to open the gate to the minecrawler queen and stop; then try again the winch becomes jammed somehow.

Petyamester
06.06.2009, 16:56
Please fix the controls - jumping and such. I think that's all from me :)

Kostaz
06.06.2009, 17:15
Gorn going berserk,which was already mentioned.
Not being able to transform back to NH from a meatbug.(Not sure it was a bug)
Sometimes my game crashed when fighting bloodflies or minecrawlers.
I don't know if this is a feature or a bug but sometimes I couldn't deliver any damage at all when fighting it was something like 50%.

Alecs
06.06.2009, 18:34
I don't know if it is a bug, but when you fall if you press at the same time forward with left or right the hero doesn't take any damage when he touches ground

Kostaz
06.06.2009, 18:46
I don't know if it is a bug, but when you fall if you press at the same time forward with left or right the hero doesn't take any damage when he touches groundIt's an exploit I'm not sure if we want that fixed:D

I remember reading something about the swords of the undead Orc shamans disappearing....but maybe that was in version 1.0

Korianous
07.06.2009, 01:12
Thanks for all the suggestions. Please keep 'em coming, we want to hear about it :).

- Korianous

Larisa
07.06.2009, 20:38
ORCSTAFF_01.MRM and other files game can't find sometimes?

Will you include the direct music .dlls in the patch, for those who still use Vista SP1?

Shadow
07.06.2009, 20:48
crash in the tample of sleeper,after you kill the shaman in the chamber at the end of the tunnel thats full of minecrawlers.

sometimes one of the swords in missing.

problem with attack distance,sometimes the weapon just dont do dmg if you not close enough to the target.

Korianous
07.06.2009, 20:51
ORCSTAFF_01.MRM and other files game can't find sometimes?

Will you include the direct music .dlls in the patch, for those who still use Vista SP1?

It shouldn't be too hard to upgrade Vista, but that's something we could think about.

Tolknaz
10.06.2009, 15:53
There are many exploits that should be fixed (and are fixed in Gothic 2 by the way) like:

* The infamous item doubling bug.
* Sometimes the game can't quite catch up with you if you cook or make something really fast and you end up with a lot more stuff than you had components for.
* Jump from a great height, press sidestep and get no damage.
* Killing your own summons nets you experience

Also, new Ati graphics cards can not display item inventory icons properly.

GothicFighter
14.10.2009, 08:50
The get-past-any-guards-with-your-sword-in-your-hand bug:D

Niborius
14.10.2009, 15:05
I just found a new bug. Here's a picture: http://i36.tinypic.com/13zaefl.jpg

I just came back from hunting and some textures where suddenly like this. Alt-tabbing fixed it.

Tratos
14.10.2009, 22:37
I just found a new bug. Here's a picture: http://i36.tinypic.com/13zaefl.jpg

I just came back from hunting and some textures where suddenly like this. Alt-tabbing fixed it.

That also happens in some areas of the forest and of the swamp.

Niborius
15.10.2009, 11:28
That also happens in some areas of the forest and of the swamp.
So I see this is a known bug?

Korianous
15.10.2009, 16:10
So I see this is a known bug?

Mhmm, but not something we can handle in the scripts ;). Our initial releases focus entirely on script patching, as many issues lie in here.

GothicFighter
18.10.2009, 10:28
I have a new bug§cry When I beat someone(anyone)he only stays on the ground for a second then he gets up. I can't loot his body. Help!

NCONiall
18.10.2009, 13:15
Well I played through the game with your patch 2 times now and it went just fine but there are 2 minor bugs that can get on my nerves one is the ladder in the Old Mine which isn't big enough to reach the top and the other is the problem with ATI Cards when the inventory items disappear but the game just runs fine, oh I forgot to mention the torch bug when you require 2 torches to put one away also got annoying when I was new to Gothic but I don't think it really needs to be fixed.

Korianous
18.10.2009, 15:19
Well I played through the game with your patch 2 times now and it went just fine but there are 2 minor bugs that can get on my nerves one is the ladder in the Old Mine which isn't big enough to reach the top and the other is the problem with ATI Cards when the inventory items disappear but the game just runs fine, oh I forgot to mention the torch bug when you require 2 torches to put one away also got annoying when I was new to Gothic but I don't think it really needs to be fixed.

Hey,

I'm already looking into the video card one ;). The ladder isn't a bug, but it is annoying, I agree. I could look into that, though world changes will make the patch a tad larger ;).

GothicFighter
19.10.2009, 07:33
Hey. Thought I'll report because my inventory Items problem was fixed!! I have installed the 1.08k patch, then the freddy texture pack and the thail hater(or so)texture pack and then your patch and now everything is ok. I have first uninstalled the game then applied all the patches. Try that.

edit: also I have found a script file (zs_CookForMe.d) which somehow relates to the x2 meat. I've tried to fix something there but no succes. I guess I should implement a new action in which you have to actually put the raw meat into the pan before you can get up.

straychild
22.10.2009, 16:00
I would love to see my Razer DeathAdder mouse to work with gothic1 without bugging up to hold buttons all the time from (I assume) double clicks

straychild
22.10.2009, 16:05
Not being able to transform back to NH from a meatbug.(Not sure it was a bug)

You can transform back by just pressing Enter? I used have same problem :D I was like waiting to spell go off and tried to press all the keys from keyboard and nothing seeem to help but then just pressed enter and thats it.

Zincarla
31.10.2009, 14:55
I noticed another bug that I don't think anybody mentioned. In the Old Mine the first two templers' you find talking to each other, near a mine shaft with some minecrawlers'. One of the templers, I cant remember his name, is missing a voice over, for a part of the dialogue, I wonder if anybody else encountered this.

Tratos
01.11.2009, 10:48
I noticed another bug that I don't think anybody mentioned. In the Old Mine the first two templers' you find talking to each other, near a mine shaft with some minecrawlers'. One of the templers, I cant remember his name, is missing a voice over, for a part of the dialogue, I wonder if anybody else encountered this.

Are you referring to one of the Gor Na guys, who are supposed to come down by Ashgan, when you open the shaft? In the English version, his dialog is alright for me.

AngelOfGothic
02.11.2009, 14:42
I can't see the blue ore in my inventory,i can see the blue ore on the ground, in my inventory i see how many ore i have,but i can't see the shape of the ore.
Tried changing resolutions but nothing works.

Korianous
02.11.2009, 16:17
I can't see the blue ore in my inventory,i can see the blue ore on the ground, in my inventory i see how many ore i have,but i can't see the shape of the ore.
Tried changing resolutions but nothing works.

Invisible Icon issue. Happens with some NVidia cards too. Still looking into that one.

Bastardo
04.11.2009, 19:37
I also can't get on top of that ladder in the old mine and believe me, I was loosing my mind over it for half an hour. Then I went transversal-gamer for a second and found an easy workaround. Just climb up on the wood platform where it's the closest to the top of the cliff. From there you can make a Tomb Raider jump and get to the top of the damn cliff. You gotta get the angle right though.
Invisible Icon issue. Happens with some NVidia cards too. Still looking into that one.Ha! Good luck with that.

Vampyro
08.11.2009, 17:11
I don't know if it's a bug but in the Old Mine some templar or guard attacked me once like if i touched one of the 'good' guys. it was in a mincrawler fight. the place with a great gaping hole after you went down a wooden platform and after that you must go further down on rocks. the guard donw there attack'd me.

And some other thing that annoys me that I can't buy Templar's armor not light/normal/heavy.
I'm registerd as Templar, chapter 4, visited Xardas
maybe it's that I have the King Blade from Gor na drak.

AngelOfGothic
09.11.2009, 05:01
I don't know if it's a bug but in the Old Mine some templar or guard attacked me once like if i touched one of the 'good' guys. it was in a mincrawler fight. the place with a great gaping hole after you went down a wooden platform and after that you must go further down on rocks. the guard donw there attack'd me.

And some other thing that annoys me that I can't buy Templar's armor not light/normal/heavy.
I'm registerd as Templar, chapter 4, visited Xardas
maybe it's that I have the King Blade from Gor na drak.

What did you expect you, touch one of their guys and you expect to get away?
Yeah Sure.
As far as i remember you cannot talk with the person that you have the sword or he attacks you as long as it's equiped but if you don't equip the sword in front of him or wear it it's not a problem.

Vampyro
09.11.2009, 15:20
Yeah you understood it with both of my things wrong.

I didn't attacked one of the templar's and since when does a guard acctually defences a templar?

second: I just wnna know why can't I buy templar's armor. my FOUGHt was that it could be because of I have Gor Na drak's sword:King Blade. u see I aleady HAVE it i attacked him already.
(Is for this problem maybe a patch?)

Korianous
09.11.2009, 22:29
Depending on your level, armors are restricted. If you haven't gained a certain amount of experience, you cannot buy certain armors.

Vampyro
12.11.2009, 19:47
What is the lvl required for the armors then? I think i'm 15 or so
I can't even buy light so...
Leave this all
I have now minecrawler armor and im standing in front of Sleeper temple in orc town

Bas
08.01.2010, 22:24
The last, undead orc shaman sometimes dont attack you after you got Uriziel

Lester stays (IMHO) too long at the library. He should have gone back to the camp when you have to search for him.

problem with attack distance,sometimes the weapon just dont do dmg if you not close enough to the target.
Isn't that an attribute of the weapon? Means, it should be this way?

Dialoge-bugs. If you press diary or character menu button before the dialogue menu appears you might end up catched in the dialoge without anything happens. You just can kill the game then, you can't even open the esc menu.

I'm already looking into the video card one . The ladder isn't a bug, but it is annoying, I agree. I could look into that, though world changes will make the patch a tad larger .
Well, that's just the old mine which isn't such big as the rest of the colony.

More than 10k ore - Sometimes you can't see the full summ. But not such a big issue.

Depending on your level, armors are restricted. If you haven't gained a certain amount of experience, you cannot buy certain armors.
Sure that it isn't story-related?

Also: Maybe a small "feature" to cook all your raw meats at once.

Bas
18.01.2010, 20:09
OK...the critical error about the skeleton mage: Game crashes if he tries to summon skeleton but hasn't any spellscrolls for the summon.

Fix idea: Create lv 7 rune (circle 7 wont be aviable to the player) with summon skeletons effect and give it to the skeleton mages

EmperorSpine
25.03.2010, 10:19
Another thing as I walk my character I like to jump sometimes, as I jump I find myself, either out of the game premises, or falling down into the blue pit !!! ANY RELATIONS ???

Dimus
25.03.2010, 19:37
OK...the critical error about the skeleton mage: Game crashes if he tries to summon skeleton but hasn't any spellscrolls for the summon.
Hmm... I never saw this bug in G1 v1.08k. Skeleton mage shouldn't attempt to summon skeletons when all scrolls are used. In this case he must use 'Ice bolt' rune.

Bas
25.03.2010, 20:01
Nope, I encountered this bug several times.

Dimus
26.03.2010, 09:38
A couple of the not fixed script bugs:

1. Hero may trade with Silas once time only (Story\MISSIONS\DIA_ORG_841_Silas.d):
instance DIA_Silas_Trade(C_Info)
{
npc = ORG_841_Silas;
nr = 1;
condition = DIA_Silas_Trade_Condition;
information = DIA_Silas_Trade_Info;
permanent = 0; // permanent = 1;
description = "I want a drink.";
trade = 1;
}

2. Wrong voice number have one of diggers near the Free mine entrance. He must have voice 05 instead of 02 (Story\B\Info_SFB_5_Pre.d):
func void Info_SFB_5_Pre_Info()
{
AI_Output(self,other,"Info_SFB_5_EinerVonEuchWerden_02_00"); //Hello!
};
... and so on - in all dialogues 02 must be replaced with 05!

3. 'Weed monopoly' quest closes instead of 'Weed delivery' quest (Story\MISSIONS\DIA_GUR_1201_CorKalom.d):
func void Info_Kalom_KrautboteBACK_Info()
{
AI_Output(other,self,"Mis_1_Psi_Kalom_KrautboteBACK_15_00"); //I've delivered the weed.
if(Npc_HasItems(hero,ItMiNugget) >= 500)
{
AI_Output(self,other,"Mis_1_Psi_Kalom_KrautboteBACK_10_01"); //Good. Get another task somewhere else.
Kalom_DrugMonopol = LOG_SUCCESS; // Kalom_Krautbote = LOG_SUCCESS;
B_LogEntry(CH1_KrautBote,"Cor Kalom received money for the weed delivery to the Ore Barons.");
Log_SetTopicStatus(CH1_KrautBote,LOG_SUCCESS);
B_GiveInvItems(hero,self,ItMiNugget,500);
B_GiveXP(XP_WeedShipmentReported);
Info_Kalom_KrautboteBACK.permanent = 0;
}
else
{
AI_Output(self,other,"Mis_1_Psi_Kalom_KrautboteBACK_10_02"); //Where's the 500 ore, boy? Make sure I get them real fast!
};
};

4. Can't finish 'Weed monopoly' quest when Jacko and weed mixers were killed by player (Story\MISSIONS\DIA_GUR_1201_CorKalom.d). Please change conditions in the following function:
func void Info_Kalom_Success_Info()
{
var C_Npc Killian;
var C_Npc Renyu;
var C_Npc Jacko;
Killian = Hlp_GetNpc(Org_861_Killian);
Renyu = Hlp_GetNpc(Org_860_Renyu);
Jacko = Hlp_GetNpc(Org_862_Jacko);
AI_Output(other,self,"Mis_1_Psi_Kalom_Success_15_00"); //Regarding the weed production in the New Camp...
AI_Output(self,other,"Mis_1_Psi_Kalom_Success_10_01"); //Yes?
if(Stooges_Fled != TRUE)
{
AI_Output(other,self,"Mis_1_Psi_Kalom_Success_15_02"); //I can't find these men.
AI_Output(self,other,"Mis_1_Psi_Kalom_Success_10_03"); //I wouldn't have expected anything else from you.
}
else if((Stooges_Fled == TRUE) || (Npc_IsDead(Jacko) && Npc_IsDead(Renyu) && Npc_IsDead(Killian)))
{
AI_Output(other,self,"Mis_1_Psi_Kalom_Success_15_04"); //They are gone.
AI_Output(self,other,"Mis_1_Psi_Kalom_Success_10_05"); //You surprise me. I underestimated your abilities. Maybe you could be useful after all.
Kalom_DrugMonopol = LOG_SUCCESS;
B_LogEntry(CH1_DrugMonopol,"I've informed Cor Kalom that the rivaling weed production in the New Camp has been stopped. His reaction was as 'friendly' as always.");
Log_SetTopicStatus(CH1_DrugMonopol,LOG_SUCCESS);
B_GiveXP(XP_DrugMonopol);
};
};

5. Hero may say to Mordrag: 'Let's go to the New Camp!' even he knocked him away from the Old camp (Story\MISSIONS\DIA_ORG_826_Mordrag.d):
func int Org_826_Mordrag_GotoNewcamp_Condition()
{
if(Npc_KnowsInfo(hero,Org_826_Mordrag_JoinNewcamp)) // if(Npc_KnowsInfo(hero,Org_826_Mordrag_JoinNewcamp) && (MordragKO_HauAb == FALSE))
{
return 1;
};
};

6. Why in the 1st and 2nd chapters members of another camps must pay tribute to the Bloodwyn (Story\MISSIONS\DIA_GRD_233_Bloodwyn.d)? You're set exceptions for guards (GIL_GRD) and fire magicians (GIL_KDF) only. Let's make that tribute will pay neutrals (GIL_None) only. And don't forget about Jackal (Story\MISSIONS\DIA_GRD_201_Jackal.d), please!

func int Info_Bloodwyn_Hello_Condition()
{
if(Kapitel <= 2) // if((Kapitel <= 2) && (Npc_GetTrueGuild(other) == GIL_None))
{
return 1;
};
};

func int Info_Bloodwyn_PayDay_Condition()
{
if((Kapitel <= 2) && (Bloodwyn_PayDay <= (Wld_GetDay() - 1)) && (Npc_HasItems(other,ItMiNugget) >= 10) && ((Npc_GetTrueGuild(hero) != GIL_GRD) || GIL_KDF)) // (Npc_GetTrueGuild(other) == GIL_None))
{
return 1;
};
};

To be continued...

Korianous
27.03.2010, 16:54
Another thing as I walk my character I like to jump sometimes, as I jump I find myself, either out of the game premises, or falling down into the blue pit !!! ANY RELATIONS ???

What? Please be more specific.

@Dimus- Thanks for the feedback, I will have your fixes integrated into the next build, you will receive credit of course :).

Dimus
27.03.2010, 18:28
2 Korianous:
There were not only my own fixes. Some script bugs were fixed by russian and german communities. And I have been a little surprised, why these bugs have appeared are not fixed in the English version.

Dimus
29.03.2010, 10:23
7. Hero may bribe Thorus (give him 1000 ore) even if he has already obtained the permit to an audience with Gomez (Story\MISSIONS\DIA_GRD_200_Thorus.d):
func int Info_Thorus_Give1000Ore_Condition()
{
if(Npc_KnowsInfo(hero,Info_Thorus_BribeGuard) && (Diego_GomezAudience == FALSE))
{
return 1;
};
};

8. Defect during playing for the Sect camp - it is impossible to receive from Baal Namib a heavy novice robe. In a script this event is for some reason anchored to the 3rd chapter, but it is possible to become a templar already in the 2nd chapter after delivery to Cor Kalom of eggs from a laying of the minecrawler queen. I suggest to change a condition of reception of this robe to 2nd chapter + the given quest from Cor Kalom. There is modified script Story\MISSIONS\DIA_GUR_1204_BaalNamib.d:
func void GUR_1204_BaalNamib_ARMOR_Info()
{
AI_Output(hero,self,"GUR_1204_BaalNamib_ARMOR_Info_15_01"); //I'd like to have better armor.
if ((Kapitel >= 2) && (CorKalom_BringMCQBalls == LOG_RUNNING))
{
if(Npc_HasItems(hero,ItMiNugget) < VALUE_NOV_ARMOR_H)
{
AI_Output(self,other,"GUR_1204_BaalNamib_ARMOR_Info_02_03"); //Come back as soon as you have enough ore.
}
else
{
AI_Output(self,other,"GUR_1204_BaalNamib_ARMOR_Info_02_04"); //This armor protects your body, like the Sleeper protects your spirit!
CreateInvItem(self,nov_armor_h);
B_GiveInvItems(self,hero,nov_armor_h,1);
B_GiveInvItems(hero,self,ItMiNugget,VALUE_NOV_ARMOR_H);
}
}
else
{
AI_Output(self,other,"GUR_1204_BaalNamib_ARMOR_Info_02_02"); //The time has not yet come for you to wear the heavy armor of a novice.
};
}

Dimus
05.04.2010, 09:25
I've detected an incorrect bugfix in the G1 Unofficial Patch RC3. In the script Story\B\Info_SFB_5_Pre.d missing greater part of texts in the dialogues between the NH and this scraper:
instance Info_SFB_5_Pre(C_Info)
{
nr = 1;
condition = Info_SFB_5_Pre_Condition;
information = Info_SFB_5_Pre_Info;
permanent = 0;
important = 1;
};

func int Info_SFB_5_Pre_Condition()
{
return 1;
};

func void Info_SFB_5_Pre_Info()
{
AI_Output(self,other,"Info_SFB_5_EinerVonEuchWerden_05_00"); //
};

instance Info_SFB_5_EXIT(C_Info)
{
nr = 999;
condition = Info_SFB_5_EXIT_Condition;
information = Info_SFB_5_EXIT_Info;
permanent = 1;
description = "END";
};

func int Info_SFB_5_EXIT_Condition()
{
return 1;
};

func void Info_SFB_5_EXIT_Info()
{
AI_StopProcessInfos(self);
};

instance Info_SFB_5_EinerVonEuchWerden(C_Info)
{
nr = 4;
condition = Info_SFB_5_EinerVonEuchWerden_Condition;
information = Info_SFB_5_EinerVonEuchWerden_Info;
permanent = 1;
description = "What if I want to join you?";
};

func int Info_SFB_5_EinerVonEuchWerden_Condition()
{
if(Npc_GetTrueGuild(other) == GIL_None)
{
return TRUE;
};
};

func void Info_SFB_5_EinerVonEuchWerden_Info()
{
AI_Output(other,self,"Info_SFB_5_EinerVonEuchWerden_15_00"); //What if I want to join you?
AI_Output(self,other,"Info_SFB_5_EinerVonEuchWerden_05_01"); //
AI_Output(other,self,"Info_SFB_5_EinerVonEuchWerden_15_02"); //No, as a scraper.
AI_Output(self,other,"Info_SFB_5_EinerVonEuchWerden_05_03"); //
AI_Output(self,other,"Info_SFB_5_EinerVonEuchWerden_05_04"); //
};

instance Info_SFB_5_WichtigePersonen(C_Info)
{
nr = 3;
condition = Info_SFB_5_WichtigePersonen_Condition;
information = Info_SFB_5_WichtigePersonen_Info;
permanent = 1;
description = "Who's important here?";
};

func int Info_SFB_5_WichtigePersonen_Condition()
{
return 1;
};

func void Info_SFB_5_WichtigePersonen_Info()
{
AI_Output(other,self,"Info_SFB_5_WichtigePersonen_15_00"); //Who's important here?
AI_Output(self,other,"Info_SFB_5_WichtigePersonen_05_01"); //
AI_Output(self,other,"Info_SFB_5_WichtigePersonen_05_02"); //
AI_Output(self,other,"Info_SFB_5_WichtigePersonen_05_03"); //
AI_Output(self,other,"Info_SFB_5_WichtigePersonen_05_04"); //
};

instance Info_SFB_5_DasLager(C_Info)
{
nr = 2;
condition = Info_SFB_5_DasLager_Condition;
information = Info_SFB_5_DasLager_Info;
permanent = 1;
description = "What does the Camp have to offer?";
};

func int Info_SFB_5_DasLager_Condition()
{
return 1;
};

func void Info_SFB_5_DasLager_Info()
{
AI_Output(other,self,"Info_SFB_5_DasLager_15_00"); //What does the Camp have to offer?
AI_Output(self,other,"Info_SFB_5_DasLager_05_01"); //
};

instance Info_SFB_5_DieLage(C_Info)
{
nr = 1;
condition = Info_SFB_5_DieLage_Condition;
information = Info_SFB_5_DieLage_Info;
permanent = 1;
description = "What's life like here?";
};

func int Info_SFB_5_DieLage_Condition()
{
return 1;
};

func void Info_SFB_5_DieLage_Info()
{
AI_Output(other,self,"Info_SFB_5_DieLage_15_00"); //What's life like here?
AI_Output(self,other,"Info_SFB_5_DieLage_05_01"); //
AI_Output(self,other,"Info_SFB_5_DieLage_05_02"); //
AI_Output(self,other,"Info_SFB_5_DieLage_05_03"); //
};

func void B_AssignAmbientInfos_SFB_5(var C_Npc slf)
{
Info_SFB_5_Pre.npc = Hlp_GetInstanceID(slf);
Info_SFB_5_EXIT.npc = Hlp_GetInstanceID(slf);
Info_SFB_5_EinerVonEuchWerden.npc = Hlp_GetInstanceID(slf);
Info_SFB_5_WichtigePersonen.npc = Hlp_GetInstanceID(slf);
Info_SFB_5_DasLager.npc = Hlp_GetInstanceID(slf);
Info_SFB_5_DieLage.npc = Hlp_GetInstanceID(slf);
};
Please fix these bugs and upload corrected version of patch again.

Korianous
05.04.2010, 15:11
My copy of the script:

// *************************************************************************
// Kapitel 1

// Vor Gespräch

INSTANCE Info_SFB_5_Pre(C_INFO)
{
nr = 1;
condition = Info_SFB_5_Pre_Condition;
information = Info_SFB_5_Pre_Info;
permanent = 0;
important = 1;
};

FUNC INT Info_SFB_5_Pre_Condition()
{
return 1;
};

FUNC VOID Info_SFB_5_Pre_Info()
{
AI_Output(self,other,"Info_SFB_5_EinerVonEuchWerden_05_00"); //Hello!
};

// EXIT

INSTANCE Info_SFB_5_EXIT(C_INFO)
{

nr = 999;
condition = Info_SFB_5_EXIT_Condition;
information = Info_SFB_5_EXIT_Info;
permanent = 1;
description = "END";
};

FUNC INT Info_SFB_5_EXIT_Condition()
{
return 1;
};

FUNC VOID Info_SFB_5_EXIT_Info()
{
AI_StopProcessInfos (self);
};

// Einer von Euch werden

INSTANCE Info_SFB_5_EinerVonEuchWerden (C_INFO)
{
nr = 4;
condition = Info_SFB_5_EinerVonEuchWerden_Condition;
information = Info_SFB_5_EinerVonEuchWerden_Info;
permanent = 1;
description = "What if I want to join you?";
};

FUNC INT Info_SFB_5_EinerVonEuchWerden_Condition()
{
if (Npc_GetTrueGuild(other) == GIL_NONE)
{
return TRUE;
};
};

FUNC VOID Info_SFB_5_EinerVonEuchWerden_Info()
{
AI_Output(other,self,"Info_SFB_5_EinerVonEuchWerden_15_00"); //What if I want to join you?
AI_Output(self,other,"Info_SFB_5_EinerVonEuchWerden_05_01"); //Join us? As what, a water carrier?
AI_Output(other,self,"Info_SFB_5_EinerVonEuchWerden_15_02"); //No, as a scraper.
AI_Output(self,other,"Info_SFB_5_EinerVonEuchWerden_05_03"); //Look, I'll tell you something: Nobody VOLUNTEERS to become a scraper.
AI_Output(self,other,"Info_SFB_5_EinerVonEuchWerden_05_04"); //Of course, if you insist... Go and talk to Swiney, I'm sure he'll have a spare pickaxe he can let you have.
};

// Wichtige Personen

INSTANCE Info_SFB_5_WichtigePersonen(C_INFO)
{
nr = 3;
condition = Info_SFB_5_WichtigePersonen_Condition;
information = Info_SFB_5_WichtigePersonen_Info;
permanent = 1;
description = "Who's important here?";
};

FUNC INT Info_SFB_5_WichtigePersonen_Condition()
{
return 1;
};

FUNC VOID Info_SFB_5_WichtigePersonen_Info()
{
AI_Output(other,self,"Info_SFB_5_WichtigePersonen_15_00"); //Who's important here?
AI_Output(self,other,"Info_SFB_5_WichtigePersonen_05_01"); //Who's important? Me, of course.
AI_Output(self,other,"Info_SFB_5_WichtigePersonen_05_02"); //But I guess you mean who calls the shots.
AI_Output(self,other,"Info_SFB_5_WichtigePersonen_05_03"); //Well, I guess you should talk to the mercenaries or the rogues. You won't even get near the water mages.
AI_Output(self,other,"Info_SFB_5_WichtigePersonen_05_04"); //That big ass Swiney thinks he's more important than he really is. He just dishes out the pickaxes and does what Okyl tells him to.
};

// Das Lager (Orts-Infos)

INSTANCE Info_SFB_5_DasLager(C_INFO)
{
nr = 2;
condition = Info_SFB_5_DasLager_Condition;
information = Info_SFB_5_DasLager_Info;
permanent = 1;
description = "What does the Camp have to offer?";
};

FUNC INT Info_SFB_5_DasLager_Condition()
{
return 1;
};

FUNC VOID Info_SFB_5_DasLager_Info()
{
AI_Output(other,self,"Info_SFB_5_DasLager_15_00"); //What does the Camp have to offer?
AI_Output(self,other,"Info_SFB_5_DasLager_05_01"); //Whatever you make of it. For some nothing but work, for others a hell of a lot of fun.
};

// Die Lage

INSTANCE Info_SFB_5_DieLage(C_INFO)
{
nr = 1;
condition = Info_SFB_5_DieLage_Condition;
information = Info_SFB_5_DieLage_Info;
permanent = 1;
description = "What's life like here?";
};

FUNC INT Info_SFB_5_DieLage_Condition()
{
return 1;
};

FUNC VOID Info_SFB_5_DieLage_Info()
{
AI_Output(other,self,"Info_SFB_5_DieLage_15_00"); //What's life like here?
AI_Output(self,other,"Info_SFB_5_DieLage_05_01"); //Great!
AI_Output(self,other,"Info_SFB_5_DieLage_05_02"); //And 'cos we're so happy here, we do the best we can to get away.
AI_Output(self,other,"Info_SFB_5_DieLage_05_03"); //What do you think this place is? It's a jail and nobody likes living in a jail.

};
// -------------------------------------------------------------------------

FUNC VOID B_AssignAmbientInfos_SFB_5(var c_NPC slf)
{

Info_SFB_5_Pre.npc = Hlp_GetInstanceID(slf);

Info_SFB_5_EXIT.npc = Hlp_GetInstanceID(slf);
Info_SFB_5_EinerVonEuchWerden.npc = Hlp_GetInstanceID(slf);
Info_SFB_5_WichtigePersonen.npc = Hlp_GetInstanceID(slf);
Info_SFB_5_DasLager.npc = Hlp_GetInstanceID(slf);
Info_SFB_5_DieLage.npc = Hlp_GetInstanceID(slf);
};

I guess the problem may be that I replaced it with a non-existent voice file, which may be why the original localization team had that written as using voice actor 2. But still, it should have had the subtitles parsed as output units, not sure why the compiler would ditch them. Strange.

Dimus
05.04.2010, 18:57
2 Korianous:
Hmm... Your copy of script looks absolutely normal. If you guess that problem may be linked with a non-existent voice files, then try to check for a presence of files which were extracted from the speech.vdf volume (for example: Russian speech for Gothic (c) 2002 Snowball Interactive):
10.10.2002 13:39 226 364 INFO_SFB_5_DASLAGER_05_01.WAV
10.10.2002 13:39 35 900 INFO_SFB_5_DASLAGER_15_00.WAV
10.10.2002 13:39 36 924 INFO_SFB_5_DIELAGE_05_01.WAV
10.10.2002 13:39 159 804 INFO_SFB_5_DIELAGE_05_02.WAV
10.10.2002 13:39 189 500 INFO_SFB_5_DIELAGE_05_03.WAV
10.10.2002 13:39 28 732 INFO_SFB_5_DIELAGE_15_00.WAV
10.10.2002 13:39 23 612 INFO_SFB_5_EINERVONEUCHWERDEN_05_00.WAV
10.10.2002 13:39 123 964 INFO_SFB_5_EINERVONEUCHWERDEN_05_01.WAV
10.10.2002 13:39 165 948 INFO_SFB_5_EINERVONEUCHWERDEN_05_03.WAV
10.10.2002 13:39 211 004 INFO_SFB_5_EINERVONEUCHWERDEN_05_04.WAV
10.10.2002 13:39 49 212 INFO_SFB_5_EINERVONEUCHWERDEN_15_00.WAV
10.10.2002 13:39 31 804 INFO_SFB_5_EINERVONEUCHWERDEN_15_02.WAV
10.10.2002 13:39 74 812 INFO_SFB_5_WICHTIGEPERSONEN_05_01.WAV
10.10.2002 13:39 70 716 INFO_SFB_5_WICHTIGEPERSONEN_05_02.WAV
10.10.2002 13:39 190 524 INFO_SFB_5_WICHTIGEPERSONEN_05_03.WAV
10.10.2002 13:39 280 636 INFO_SFB_5_WICHTIGEPERSONEN_05_04.WAV
10.10.2002 13:39 52 284 INFO_SFB_5_WICHTIGEPERSONEN_15_00.WAV

IMPORTANT INFO:
It seems that I have understood the reason why after decompilation there were no scraper answers in a script Story\B\Info_SFB_5_Pre.d. It appears that you have forgotten to include the renewed file OU.BIN into structure of RC3 build.

PachoLibre
14.04.2010, 01:57
When selling swampweed to Cipher in the new camp (Cor Kalom's stash), it doesn't allow us to sell it at full price (contrary to what we were told in the swamp camp).

Tratos
14.04.2010, 10:43
I have noticed, that the ou.bin file was missing from RC2 up. When compiling our latest release, which should be available momentarily, I've added the RC1 ou.bin file, since that was the latest and I assumed no changes were made to that.

Do check it however. If problems persist, subsequent patches will be made.

Dimus
23.04.2010, 06:31
So, in the last version of a patch you have returned an error linked to absence of a voice for a scraper (script Story\B\Info_SFB_5_Pre.d) in an initial state. I can't understand, why you with enviable persistence include in a latest releases of a patch older versions of the file OU.BIN with usage for this scraper voice #2 (instead of #5) which voice is absent in a volume Speech.vdf? If you think that I'm mistaken, then simply look a contents of volume Speech.vdf.

NCONiall
25.04.2010, 13:20
Theres a bug where Stone won't sell you the "Heavy Guards Armour" well he probaly does but he sells it so late that by the time he will the Old Camp will be in lockdown and killing everything that comes near it.

AngelOfGothic
25.04.2010, 15:51
Theres a bug where Stone won't sell you the "Heavy Guards Armour" well he probaly does but he sells it so late that by the time he will the Old Camp will be in lockdown and killing everything that comes near it.

He isn't supposed to sell it.The Heavy Mercenary Armour has the same stats as the Heavy Guards Armour so it's useless to get both armours.

Korianous
25.04.2010, 15:56

From the scripts and context clues in the game, it appears as though it was intended to be this way, so nope, not a bug. A change like that is more content-related, so we won't change it, for this patch at least.

Dimus
25.04.2010, 18:03
I'm agreed with Korianous - it isn't a bug. Ability to receive heavy guard armour from Stone isn't implemented in the script Story\Missions\DIA_GRD_219_Stone.d. But you able to receive this armour in the Golden Mod before attacking a Free mine.

AngelOfGothic
26.04.2010, 15:38
I'm agreed with Korianous - it isn't a bug. Ability to receive heavy guard armour from Stone isn't implemented in the script Story\Missions\DIA_GRD_219_Stone.d. But you able to receive this armour in the Golden Mod before attacking a Free mine.

It is the posibility to miss it,as we all know the Golden Mod has a few bugs,(at least the english version)

miku-juku
29.04.2010, 14:22
When you face to Lares house and wish to talk to the sect camp loonie in New camp and miss him and press on cauldron, you get stuck in floor with half body.

Korianous
29.04.2010, 16:05
Never heard of that error before, as far as I can recall. Please attach a screenshot.

AngelOfGothic
01.05.2010, 20:34
can you do something with the things on Lares table?I always need to save before i talk to Lares cause my caracter keeps picking the wine and it's getting annoying.

CrashMorraKan
23.05.2010, 16:44
Hey,

I'm already looking into the video card one ;). The ladder isn't a bug, but it is annoying, I agree. I could look into that, though world changes will make the patch a tad larger ;).

come on man, who cares about size?! i dawnloaded your 1.73 patch for G3 with like 900MB in a matter of minutes i care about fixes not size.

RobinHood 13.
23.05.2010, 16:57
Most people have quite fast internet. Downloading something less than 1G goes fairly fast. Force use of torrent if file is to large for regular download. Much better to manage distribution of larger files, something all who use pc's should learn to use.

Korianous
23.05.2010, 17:22
come on man, who cares about size?! i dawnloaded your 1.73 patch for G3 with like 900MB in a matter of minutes i care about fixes not size.

That change should be featured in our next release. Also FYI, we didn't make the G3 CPT :).

firefly1981
23.05.2010, 17:50

i do, it takes me a week to download cp 1.73 §cry.

ZombieNL
24.05.2010, 01:56
When you face to Lares house and wish to talk to the sect camp loonie in New camp and miss him and press on cauldron, you get stuck in floor with half body.

I had that too!
You can jump and you're free again. so it's not a big problem.
I'm currently playing as a rogue and need to get to the minecrawler nest in the old mine. after that i try to make a screenshot of it.

Sergorn
24.05.2010, 09:01
I'm having a crazy bug with Bloodwyn in the Old Camp, playing with the latest Gothic 1 community patch.

So first time I come close to him, he talks to me and ask me for protection money which is normal... but once the conversation is over... another conversation starts where he asks for more conversation money and keeps doing that everytime I end the conversation - it's almost an infinite loop becaue you don't have time to get away from him, before he starts the conversation again but it's kind of crazy.

-Sergorn

ZombieNL
24.05.2010, 16:55
It's not a 1-time thing, but always happens the same way.
and if you are standing to far away from the couldron, you even go through the textures and fall to death, landing next to the couldron again.

Here is the promissed screenshot:

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/4708/screenshotgothicbug.jpg
http://yfrog.com/5mscreenshotgothicbugj

Dimus
25.05.2010, 06:48
I'm moved my post from another thread here.

Thorus' quest
Recipe of the Sect
Vanished Guard
Test Of Faith

Game script analysis shows that status of these quests changes to 'failed' even if they finished successfully (Story\Missions\DIA_Org_801_Lares.d):
func void ORG_801_Lares_Reicht_Info()
{
AI_Output(other,self,"ORG_801_Lares_Reicht_15_00"); //Is that enough for me to join you?
if((Points_NC >= 30) && (hero.level >= 5))
{
AI_Output(self,other,"ORG_801_Lares_Reicht_AUFNAHME_11_00"); //I should say so!
AI_Output(self,other,"ORG_801_Lares_Reicht_AUFNAHME_11_01"); //And I've even got a present for you. A better armor. It's not much, but you've earned it.
hero.guild = GIL_ORG;
Npc_SetTrueGuild(hero,GIL_ORG);
CreateInvItem(hero,org_armor_l);
CreateInvItem(self,ItAmArrow);
B_GiveInvItems(self,hero,ItAmArrow,1);
Npc_RemoveInvItem(hero,ItAmArrow);
AI_EquipBestArmor(hero);
B_GiveXP(XP_BecomeBandit);
B_LogEntry(CH1_JoinNC,"Lares made me a member of his gang. Now the New Camp is my home!");
Log_SetTopicStatus(CH1_JoinNC,LOG_SUCCESS);
Log_CreateTopic(CH1_JoinOC,LOG_MISSION);
Log_SetTopicStatus(CH1_JoinOC,LOG_FAILED);
B_LogEntry(CH1_JoinOC,"A member of Lares' gang can't join the Old Camp, that's impossible.");
Log_CreateTopic(CH1_JoinPsi,LOG_MISSION);
Log_SetTopicStatus(CH1_JoinPsi,LOG_FAILED);
B_LogEntry(CH1_JoinPsi,"The Brotherhood will have to cope without me since the New Camp is my home from now on.");
Log_SetTopicStatus(CH1_LostNek,LOG_FAILED);
Log_SetTopicStatus(CH1_FiskNewDealer,LOG_FAILED);
Log_SetTopicStatus(CH1_KalomsRecipe,LOG_FAILED);
Log_SetTopicStatus(CH1_BringList,LOG_FAILED);
Log_SetTopicStatus(CH1_MordragKO,LOG_FAILED);
}
else
{
if(Npc_KnowsInfo(hero,ORG_801_Lares_MordragSentMe))
{
AI_Output(self,other,"ORG_801_Lares_Reicht_11_02"); //Mordrag has spoken up for you.
};
if(Npc_KnowsInfo(hero,ORG_801_Lares_BringList))
{
AI_Output(self,other,"ORG_801_Lares_Reicht_11_03"); //You've become quite popular since you brought the list here.
};
AI_Output(self,other,"ORG_801_Lares_Reicht_11_04"); //But you're not ready yet. Do your tasks.
B_PrintGuildCondition(5);
};
};

I think that more wisely it was implemented in the patch by HikeR & Fritz:
if((Sly_LostNek != LOG_SUCCESS) || (Sly_LostNek == LOG_RUNNING))
{
Log_SetTopicStatus(CH1_LostNek,LOG_FAILED);
B_LogEntry(CH1_LostNek,"I'm in the New Camp now. I don't see any sense to continue to search for lost Nek.");
};
if((Fisk_GetNewHehler != LOG_SUCCESS) || (Fisk_GetNewHehler == LOG_RUNNING))
{
Log_SetTopicStatus(CH1_FiskNewDealer,LOG_FAILED);
B_LogEntry(CH1_FiskNewDealer,"I'm in the New Camp now. Let Fisk searches for the new supplier himself.");
};
if((Dexter_GetKalomsRecipe != LOG_SUCCESS) || (Dexter_GetKalomsRecipe == LOG_RUNNING))
{
Log_SetTopicStatus(CH1_KalomsRecipe,LOG_FAILED);
B_LogEntry(CH1_KalomsRecipe,"I'm in the New Camp now. Dexter will do without the Kalom's recipe.");
};
if((Diego_BringList != LOG_SUCCESS) || (Diego_BringList == LOG_RUNNING))
{
Log_SetTopicStatus(CH1_BringList,LOG_FAILED);
B_LogEntry(CH1_BringList,"I'm in the New Camp now. Already too late to give the list to Diego.");
};
if((Thorus_MordragKo != LOG_SUCCESS) || (Thorus_MordragKo == LOG_RUNNING))
{
Log_SetTopicStatus(CH1_MordragKO,LOG_FAILED);
B_LogEntry(CH1_MordragKO,"I'm in the New Camp now. And for me it is indifferent, whether Thorus for rage will burst or not.");
};

I.e. these quests fails only if they have 'not finished' or 'running' status.

NCONiall
30.05.2010, 11:21
I'm not sure this is the place to post this since its most likely compatibility but the .bik videos don't play in game it just goes black and you can hear audio. I have W7 Ultimate to let you know. I'll test this in G2G to see if the videos work.

Yeah it doesn't play the videos in G2G either.

Dimus
30.05.2010, 12:20
@ NCONiall:
Try to disable video scaling in the Gothic.ini file:
scaleVideos=0
; ... disable scaling of videos (0) if you have problems with your graphics-adapter, default is on (1)
After this action you can see G1/G2 videos in their original resolutions. It works perfectly on Windows Vista, should work in Windows 7 too.

NCONiall
30.05.2010, 12:44
@ NCONiall:
Try to disable video scaling in the Gothic.ini file:
scaleVideos=0
; ... disable scaling of videos (0) if you have problems with your graphics-adapter, default is on (1)
After this action you can see G1/G2 videos in their original resolutions. It works perfectly on Windows Vista, should work in Windows 7 too.

Everytime I try to save it it says Access is Denied :dnuhr:

Larisa
30.05.2010, 13:27
Try to copy the file to desktop, edit it there and save it and then copy it back.

Or disable UAC.

NCONiall
30.05.2010, 14:00
Try to copy the file to desktop, edit it there and save it and then copy it back.

Or disable UAC.

Thanks I got the Gothic 1 videos to work but they are kinda small however this doesn't work with Gothic 2.

EDIT: Somehow the videos in G2G have worked well at least for both the intros but not the PB and JW logo and btw have you found a fix for the inventory icons disappearing for the ATI Xxxxx cards?

NCONiall
07.06.2010, 16:41
This is a translation bug I just thought i'd report it, in the Quest Log under "Way into Sleepers Temple" the part were it talks about Gorn is in German(I think) I think it was meant to say that Gorn wasn't so sure whether the Ulu-Mulu would work.

Bas
07.06.2010, 19:16
I think it was meant to say that Gorn wasn't so sure whether the Ulu-Mulu would work.

That should be pretty much the meaning, as far as I can recall (I am from Germany, uh). But for a exact translation it would be more helpful if you can quote the whole German part (maybe even in context with the English text).

NCONiall
07.06.2010, 20:21
That should be pretty much the meaning, as far as I can recall (I am from Germany, uh). But for a exact translation it would be more helpful if you can quote the whole German part (maybe even in context with the English text).

It says

Gorn war wenig zuversichtlich daB mir das ULU-MULU in der Orkstadt viel helfen wurde. Was solls, ich werdees sehr bald herausgefunden haben... so oder so!

In English I think it translates to(occording from google translate :)):

Gorn was not very certain that my Ulu-Mulu would do me any good in the Orc Town. But what the hell i'll find out one way or another!

EDIT: I also noticed another error on Gomez' keys its shows writing in English then in German(at least I think it is) i'm not sure if this is meant to be like that.

Bas
07.06.2010, 20:32
Eh, I am still confused that the google translation worked such good...

NCONiall
07.06.2010, 21:49
Eh, I am still confused that the google translation worked such good...

Actually it worked pretty badly I just tweaked it so it looked right.

ArmaXor
15.06.2010, 16:06
First of all, thank you for your patch, great work! §wink

I'm playing Gothic I with the latest community patch 1.0 and I've encountered several things:

1) Bug with lurker's claw. It disappears when dropped on the ground (maybe I`m wrong, but I think Gothic II has the same problem).

2) Bug with ladders. When climbing a ladder, NPCs (and hero) detach from it (especially near the top). In some cases distance gets so big, that platform to which ladder takes becomes unreachable and hero falls when trying to step on it. (sometimes I was forced to use F8 or K, as nothing else helped, no matter how many times I tried).

3) When talking to Gravo and asking about his activities (helps solve problems with Gomez, Thorus and Diego), there's a notification about new diary entry. Unfortunately, no entry is added if you haven`t got any entries in Diary/General info/Merchant in the Old Camp. If you have something written in there already, entry about Gravo is added as it should.
There are some more bugs like this, but I can't remember in which dialogues.

4) All of 3 elixirs of fast running have the same value (100), despite differences in minutes. (Very noticeable when it comes to trading).

5) Blueberry is red and Flame Thorn is blue. Perhaps it is possible to swap them :).

6) When opening lock and not guessing, there's a phrase, starting with S*it. Maybe it would be better to remove this word.

7) And yes, as already mentioned in this dicussion, you can pass any guards at any gates just by taking out your weapon. (in Gothic II this is solved - only 1 of the guards reacts when weapon is taken out).

CrashMorraKan
21.06.2010, 14:38
good patch but some new bugs accured now: bloodwyn asks you everytime you close a dialog with him he says "ah good to see you again" this happens even if you payed or not.
another bug is in troll canyon when i turn the switch it is spawns goblins AND the hero stuck and reapetly "tries" open the switch so i tryed EVERYTHING drawing weapon out, using magic spells nothing none of the bottoms responds...
i didn't try cheats all though i believe i can fix it with F8 but i don't want to use cheats ever again.

ArmaXor
22.06.2010, 15:56
Thorus' quest. Thorus wants Mordrag out of the camp one way or another. You can complete it by killing him, defeating him and then kicking him out or by travelling to the New Camp with him peacefully. Then there`s Fisk, with his quest (needs new supplier), which is only triggered when you kick Mordrag out after the fight (but not even if you kill him - clearly a bug). Is it possible to make this quest available in ALL cases of Modrag's absence (after all, no matter HOW you get him out - it`s you who is responsible, and so Fisk has the right to blame you as he is left without his supplier). Fisk's quest is nice and interesting one and travelling with Mordrag gets you the ring and invitation to Lares - so it would be nice to be able to complete both, as it is the most adequate and wisest thing to do and has nothing in common with cheating or breaking the story or ANYthing.

Alwin
22.06.2010, 16:04
6) When opening lock and not guessing, there's a phrase, starting with S*it. Maybe it would be better to remove this word.

Is it so offensive to you or do you fear your 10-12 year old kids will have their minds corrupted (who are cursing like sailors in the school when you aren't there and tell each other sexual jokes, by the way)?

Lazlo
25.07.2010, 01:31
im having a problem with gothic freezing on me alot, ive used the patches etc. using XP, with nvidia geforce 7300. any 1 no whats wrong?

Omgom
26.07.2010, 21:31
Obviously Gorn.

Graphical bug for the inventory on newer machines (if possible)

I would like to add (and I say this having never used the ICP for G1, though I will next time I go to play) But if the strafe bug has been fixed, put it back. I know it can be considered a huge imbalance, but it helped make that game so great. Also speed it up a bit being able to take shortcuts, saved from accidental falls and was just plain hilarious. Loved climbing up onto the Old Camp Castle and just jumping.

akmon1987
27.07.2010, 11:07
good patch but some new bugs accured now: bloodwyn asks you everytime you close a dialog with him he says "ah good to see you again" this happens even if you payed or not.
another bug is in troll canyon when i turn the switch it is spawns goblins AND the hero stuck and reapetly "tries" open the switch so i tryed EVERYTHING drawing weapon out, using magic spells nothing none of the bottoms responds...

I have the same bugs with the patch. Also A few more. Not sure if they are patch related

1) In the dialog options of Oryk(new camp) there are 2 'END' options

2) When pressing number 9 on keyboard to link a rune/spell scroll NH also draws melee weapon as if i pressed <space>

3) In the Old Mine the game crashed while NH had a torched in his hand while jumping towards the first templars(after Ian) from the ramp leading to them.
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/8659/errorikpatch10.png
4) Part of the description from the key in the old mountain fort NH goes with Lester is in german

NCONiall
27.07.2010, 14:25
I had the Bloodwyn bug as well, this was the only time Mud proved useful :D

@akmon1987

Yes I have the language bugs as well but not just with the Letter but with the keys you get from Gomez.

stelios6
30.07.2010, 21:00
when you kill the troll with diego and turn the wheel the hero gets stuck on the wheel please help!!!!!!!!:(

Korianous
31.07.2010, 00:07
Thread merged. Please don't open new threads for individual issues.

raz180490
08.09.2010, 23:01
Hello everybody, I`ve been visiting the forum for some time now but never pulled myself together to register, but after I found this thread I decided I wanted to point out some bugs which have not been mentioned so far. Thanks for the patch, but if you could fix (at least some of) these bugs, the game could turn to be quite spectacular (gameplay-wise, story wise it already is). Anyway, my list is as follows:

1. There are some weird textures around the world, like the ones "covering" the forest between Old Camp and the Swamp Camp; same issue with the trees from the swamp by Viran... I`m trying to say that there seems to be some odd shadow that covers the trees and when you get close to them it finally disappears.

2. Again, texturing problem in the forest between the Old Camp and the Swamp Camp, the screen flickers and everything turns white (as if you "fell" under the ground when using marvin mode and pressing k in the wrong places); to help locating the place: i think it's somewhere around the shadowbeast that resides there :D

3. Again, a minor texture problem: in the swamp, by Viran, a portion of water flickers and becomes invisible, the portion between the place where Viran is and the small islet where a few bloodflies roam around. (Viran asks you to kill the bloodflies if you want him to give you his weed)

4. Perhaps it's possible to simplify the interaction system, as if change the combination "action button + forward button" for the hero to interact, to a simple press of ONLY the action button (just like in gothic 2 and 3). Same goes for jumping/climbing.

5. Another annoying thing is related to the way monsters reflect almost every hit on higher chapters. I know, it's a way to make things more difficult, but it's ridiculous when you simply can't even harm a monster using your melee weapon (there's no problem when using magic or ranged weapons). I remember fighting a minecrawler warrior by Tarrok in the free mine for 10 minutes, without damaging it at all. And it's not because i'd be a newbie, but the damned thing kept reflecting EVERY EACH hit I'd deliver. §burn §burn Thank God my Templar was instructed in magic... my Ball Lighting rune came in handy. Please try to tone the beasts down a little, it`s simply frustrating.

6. NPCs keep their ranged weapons drawn (instead of drawing their melee weapons) even if their targets get close to them. It`s not natural, and they can`t defend at all; Gothic 2 fixed this.

7. Being able to learn how to weild two handers only AFTER you`ve mastered one handers. This sucks, for most builds it`s a waste of learning points, since you can get your hands on two handers early in the game fairly easy.

8. If you don`t talk to Scorpio at all in chapter 1, right after you`ve entered the castle, later on he won`t teach you using the crossbow, even if you`re a guard. He will teach you only after he moves out of the camp, to Cavalorn's shack.

9. Speaking of Scorpio... After he moves to Cavalorn's, the dialogue line "Can you teach me to fight?" still remains in the dialogue menu, even if his reply will always be "I only train guards." This line is useless and illogical, since the dialogue line to get him to teach you is another one.

10. A useful fix would be to reduce the distance between NH and an npc that follows you, since the AI is pretty weak and npcs tend to get lost easily. I always lose Gorn in the Free Mine, or Lester in the Citadel, because they always wait for me to go on and they keep a big distance.

11. Regarding the Citadel... There is a problem with one of the ladders, the ladder on the floor with the list that Lester`s looking for; it`s similar to the ladder in the Old Mine: just when you get to the top you lose grip and fall down.

12. Baal Namib won't sell the Heavy Novice Robe, even by the time you get the chance to be promoted to Templar.

13. This one is IMPORTANT! Please, please please make the casting of chargeable spells UNINTERRUPTIBLE! Mages are really kind of useless when all their good spells can't be cast because you get interrupted by even the silliest bump. Every decent spell is chargeable and the mage is defensless when struck. §burn §burn §burn

14. Gorn sometimes attacks you when you start fighting Jackal and the two guards right outside the Free Mine.

15. Could it be possible to make the winch from the front gate of the Old Camp to open the camp once more, once you`ve got inside it? I mean... make it be jammed throughout the first chapters (so that the game won't get messed up), and by the time you get the teleportation rune unjam it or something...

These are a few of the bugs that annoy me, a fix would be great! Thanks for the time spent reading this, any feedback will be appreciated!

Rpgingmaster
30.09.2010, 03:56
If you talked to Balor about Cipher during the quest to impress Baal Orun, he doesn't give you a Sleep Scroll. Either an ingame workaround needs to be implemented or there is a scripting problem.

The Vanished Guard Quest can be successfully completely without talking to Fletcher, but if you ask him about Nek afterwards, it will reappear in Current Quests as if the quest still needs finishing.

If you kill the guards at the south end of the Old Camp, Dusty can still go with you without you needing to pay ore, but Dusty still says you need to pay ore. Note: The quest can be successfully completed and will not reappear when done.

AngelOfGothic
30.09.2010, 11:49
If you talked to Balor about Cipher during the quest to impress Baal Orun, he doesn't give you a Sleep Scroll. Either an ingame workaround needs to be implemented or there is a scripting problem.

The Vanished Guard Quest can be successfully completely without talking to Fletcher, but if you ask him about Nek afterwards, it will reappear in Current Quests as if the quest still needs finishing.

If you kill the guards at the south end of the Old Camp, Dusty can still go with you without you needing to pay ore, but Dusty still says you need to pay ore. Note: The quest can be successfully completed and will not reappear when done.

1)Don't remember happening.I mean getting all the gurus approval it's easier.So when i go to Balor i talk about the harvest and Cipher.

2)For me the quest dissapears after a while or on the next chapter.And what's the bug?If you know you have to talk with Fletcher for more exp do it before you finish it.It's like you are trying to find the bug everytime you play.

3)Kill the guards?Can you really do that?You barrely can beat the guys from the arena.Why do you kill them when you can do you it later.

Come on can you find smth worth looking into?It's like you want to see this bugs.

AngelOfGothic
30.09.2010, 12:11
For Raz180490
For 1,2,3 you are not looking in the right place,a patch fixes the bugs,a mod it's for making textures.

4.At that time when gothic was released the controls were good enough.
It's an old game so you have to deal with it.It's not like after a playtrough you can't get used with the controls.

5)Maybe you want them to get all your hits.Gothic hasn't any difficulty level so you should know what can you take on for example you can easily beat the young monsters than the older ones.This was made so that eveyone can play the game.Did you expect to harm a fire lizard at level 1?Oh and for bows and crossbows tha aim si automatically but that doesn't mean they will hit a monster if a tree stands in your aim.

6. Some of them yes but if they weren't then you whould complain that is to difficult to aproach and can't harm them as you stated at 5)

7. So if you were able to learn 2 handed weapons where would you you level up for skill points,if you want to harm every creature at level 5 and get your butt kicked?

8. So why don't you talk to Scorpio before that?You can't miss him,he is near the gate right after you get pass Thorus?For the other guilds why shoul he teach you crossbow skill if you are a lunatic or a thief?It is normally that he whould teach you the skill after he isn't part of guards.

9. Never happened before.I can only ask Scorpio if he trains me.But he never says i am training only guards.

10. It doesn't matter for me.Thank god that you haven't played G3 and FG.
Cause you whould get crazy :))

11. Aswell you can't climb one of the ladders of Kor Calom.

12. Why do you need the novice armour if you are templar.It's not a bug it's the script aswell you can get the heavy guard armour.

13. I think for this one needs a mod not a patch.

14. Gorn sometimes attacks you when you start fighting Jackal and the two guards right outside the Free Mine.(Aswell inside the free mine)

15. You have the teleporter rune you dont need the gates.

raz180490
30.09.2010, 14:15
For Raz180490
For 1,2,3 you are not looking in the right place,a patch fixes the bugs,a mod it's for making textures.

4.At that time when gothic was released the controls were good enough.
It's an old game so you have to deal with it.It's not like after a playtrough you can't get used with the controls.

5)Maybe you want them to get all your hits.Gothic hasn't any difficulty level so you should know what can you take on for example you can easily beat the young monsters than the older ones.This was made so that eveyone can play the game.Did you expect to harm a fire lizard at level 1?Oh and for bows and crossbows tha aim si automatically but that doesn't mean they will hit a monster if a tree stands in your aim.

6. Some of them yes but if they weren't then you whould complain that is to difficult to aproach and can't harm them as you stated at 5)

7. So if you were able to learn 2 handed weapons where would you you level up for skill points,if you want to harm every creature at level 5 and get your butt kicked?

8. So why don't you talk to Scorpio before that?You can't miss him,he is near the gate right after you get pass Thorus?For the other guilds why shoul he teach you crossbow skill if you are a lunatic or a thief?It is normally that he whould teach you the skill after he isn't part of guards.

9. Never happened before.I can only ask Scorpio if he trains me.But he never says i am training only guards.

10. It doesn't matter for me.Thank god that you haven't played G3 and FG.
Cause you whould get crazy :))

11. Aswell you can't climb one of the ladders of Kor Calom.

12. Why do you need the novice armour if you are templar.It's not a bug it's the script aswell you can get the heavy guard armour.

13. I think for this one needs a mod not a patch.

14. Gorn sometimes attacks you when you start fighting Jackal and the two guards right outside the Free Mine.(Aswell inside the free mine)

15. You have the teleporter rune you dont need the gates.

Please stop commenting. I don't need another user to comment on the things I would like to be improved, I'm waiting for an answer from someone who's capable of doing so ;). From what I can see, all you want to do is to criticize my suggestions and prove me wrong. And apart from that, you don't really know what you're saying... but you just have to say something, right? So please stop flaming, I don't care for what you say.

K thanks bye!

Rpgingmaster
30.09.2010, 15:16
[[If you talked to Balor about Cipher during the quest to impress Baal Orun, he doesn't give you a Sleep Scroll. Either an ingame workaround needs to be implemented or there is a scripting problem.]]

[[The Vanished Guard Quest can be successfully completely without talking to Fletcher, but if you ask him about Nek afterwards, it will reappear in Current Quests as if the quest still needs finishing.]]

[[If you kill the guards at the south end of the Old Camp, Dusty can still go with you without you needing to pay ore, but Dusty still says you need to pay ore. Note: The quest can be successfully completed and will not reappear when done.]]

I posted this earlier, and I think it needs clarification.

As for the no Sleep Scroll problem, it may have been a once off bug, but I thought it noteworthy to post.

As for the Vanished Guard bug, this has been recurring. It is relatively harmless, but it's annoying, and the quest probably needs to send a script out to the game after you report to Sly that all quest important people should discontinue the quest script.

As for killing the guards, yes, it IS possible without cheats. The Gate Guards, as long as you have a halfway decent bow and are around level 5+ can be taken out (you can can also kill the gate guards at the front). Also, I went on a midnight killing spree around the Old Camp one night, and found one of the Guards (the ones who are usually unkillable) mysteriously dead (not by me) later on the ground inside the Old Camp, leading me to believe he fell to his death (which has also happened to diggers).

Personally, I believe ALL Quest important NPCs should be given some form of immortality to ward off this problem, or a respawn script needs to be implemented to prevent such bugs. After the chapter in which they cease to be needed, the immortality should be terminated.

Note: By immortality, I mean they should be impossible to whittle down to zero health unless you are in a certain chapter. For lore reasons this would work out nicely as it adds to the feel you've gotten stronger by offing people who would have originally killed you earlier.

Korianous
01.10.2010, 00:24
Come on can you find smth worth looking into?It's like you want to see this bugs.

Enough. Everyone's suggestions have merit. Whether we decide to address them or not is a different issue, but shutting down someone else for pointing out stuff they'd like addressed is counterproductive, and it's certainly not your place to be doing so.

@raz180490 - Please don't fight fire with fire :). Kthxbai.

Personally, I believe ALL Quest important NPCs should be given some form of immortality to ward off this problem, or a respawn script needs to be implemented to prevent such bugs. After the chapter in which they cease to be needed, the immortality should be terminated.

A lot of them do, but the game (as it should IMO) leaves it to you to decide whom you should avoid killing.

raz180490
01.10.2010, 07:42
K thanks bye!

@raz180490 - Please don't fight fire with fire :). Kthxbai.

Oh I see. Good point.

AngelOfGothic
03.10.2010, 15:00
Sorry for the off-topic,but i hate when i see people complaining about the old games that are good.
It's like they want to play Gothic game with graphics from Dragon Age Origins or Bioshock 2,and use a controller for this game,or altering the game mode just because they can't respect the linear story.
The game has a few bug but still is a good game.And as far as i remember this should be a patch right and not a mod?Most of the questions are about textures right?

raz180490
03.10.2010, 21:02
Sorry for the off-topic,but i hate when i see people complaining about the old games that are good.
It's like they want to play Gothic game with graphics from Dragon Age Origins or Bioshock 2,and use a controller for this game,or altering the game mode just because they can't respect the linear story.
The game has a few bug but still is a good game.And as far as i remember this should be a patch right and not a mod?Most of the questions are about textures right?

FYI I didn't request those texture and control modifications because I'd think that gothic is just and old sucky game, I'm not that shallow, I know the value of the series and I have played and loved every each part, I know them by heart and spent countless hours enjoying them. But I'm trying to say that if improvements can be made they should be embraced, not criticized. It's like adding servos on a '69 Mustang. Why shouldn't you do it?

|Lorn|
09.10.2010, 09:46
Would it at all be possible to remove Raven and Bloodwyn from the Old Camp, when it turns against you? Because if you don't, you normally kill Raven in the process, while you have to go back there. And those two play a part in Gothic 2 as well...

Tharr
14.10.2010, 10:49
There are some chests in one of the rooms of the Old Camp Castle which have the same content

Tratos
14.10.2010, 18:19
There are some chests in one of the rooms of the Old Camp Castle which have the same content

Probably just a feature - devs didn't want to bother that much with item placements.

DenisInnos
23.10.2010, 19:03
A strange bug is when you put you sword press capslock for
go slow you can 'go' in any chamber you want i mean you can pass the
doors by 'hit' them mean strafe,

Or transofrm into an creature anything then stay behind a door
you want to pass positionat your camera to wiew inside the chamber
then press enter and voloua , you'r in that chamber.

Tratos
28.10.2010, 22:22
A strange bug is when you put you sword press capslock for
go slow you can 'go' in any chamber you want i mean you can pass the
doors by 'hit' them mean strafe,

Or transofrm into an creature anything then stay behind a door
you want to pass positionat your camera to wiew inside the chamber
then press enter and voloua , you'r in that chamber.

That's an engine thing. You need circle 7 magic to fix that.

Rpgingmaster
31.10.2010, 22:34
Whenever Diego fixes the winch, the winch can be operated, but the game gets into an animation loop where the Nameless Hero keeps trying to twist the winch.

Activating MARVIN mode and hitting F8 has been my standard workaround, as this seems to be an animation scripting error.

Deepsy
23.12.2012, 19:05
Isn't it some kind of strange black magic that I never found the bugs I experienced very annoying?
Well except for where is the guru, but I think memory handling goes beyond Scriptpatching...
As I played the gme on my new computer (16gigs of RAM), this bug didn't seem to be an issue :-D