PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Those annoying things in gothic-games.

Dez
16.04.2005, 08:14
We have had countless of discussions what aspects we love in gothic, but lets make a different one this time. The subject is: what does annoy YOU in gothic I or II?

1.Long range combat seems to be the least fun to use.No matter how much I'll train or what weapon i'm using.Bows and xbows feel allways a bit bugged.They never have that "touchable feeling", which melee and magic have.When you are using bows for instance, it doesn't really matter where you aim.Heck you cannot AIM at all.I defiently hate the bugged autoaim...thus i hardly ever use bows.In this area Pb could improve a lot. Also arrows should act like real objects that have real physics(ie they should fly and bounce realisticly).

2.Ok this is a minor annoyance, but what the hell if i just made thread for these, i might just well post it..
Keys: one word: a keyring.Also when the keys are not needed anymore, the game would automaticly discard them from the inventory.

3.The inventory is not that good in gothic 2.In gothic 1 it was far more logical.Heck I don't know why it is so god damn difficult to make a inventory that does work and where one could FIND his items easily.

4.quickbelt
what i'm suggesting here is a sort of system Deus Ex had.you could drag ten items from your inventory to these "slots", from weapons to healthpacks, from lockpicks to candybars, etc.Now everytime i want to drink a potion I need get through that huge inventory or when i want to change a weapon i need to do the exact thing...This is a bit annoying thing in the long run.

5.Haircut, yes defiently that is what our hero needs.Who is bored to death for that ponytail, raise your hand: o/.goddamn there must be at least one barber at the mainland.. I'll hope that pb would give more choises how to custom his looks more, this a RPG after all..

Godcrusher
16.04.2005, 09:21
I wasn't boderd by any thing in gothic or gothic2 :) The game is perfect to me just the way it is ;) :p

Sowilo
16.04.2005, 11:00
I didn't like the auto aim with the bow too cause u couldn't compensate the moving of the target or if the target was particular behind a three the autoaim shoot in the three and u couldn't aim at the part of the bodies which u could see.

Then I didn't like that u can hurt only one enemy with melee combat. Sth like a big staff too hit all around u (same like an axe) would be cool.

rekinu
16.04.2005, 12:21
yes, when I'm fighting with 4 giant rats, and I has a fighting stick, I have to wait until autoaim points me the closest rat..:D

I don't like the inventory, not that it isn't good, but there are alot of keys, and spell scrolls, and things that makes me, go a long way from a weapon to a torch ....

as for the haircut, nah...i kinda like it this way . . .maybe make he's hair a little bigger, and then he could cut it until it is like in G1(in G2 is the same?)...as for barbers....dead barbers, you mean....the whole couintry is in war with the orcs for....how long is it ?

I don't like that in G2 they didn't had the option to learn acrobatics (btw, why do we don't remember Buster????he learned us acrobatics in G1)...I used acrobatics to go faster, because the heroes running was to slow, so had to jump on the road to go faster ... :D

KingOvi
16.04.2005, 19:08
I don't like that in G2 they didn't had the option to learn acrobatics

Same as u i loved acrobatics. A good option for fast walk.

In gothic the swords are cool, and some movies: orcs attack, undead-dragon death, and the itro form g1 is the best game itro i ever seen

rekinu
16.04.2005, 21:48
hey ovi, what is the title of the thread? what does annoy YOU in gothic I or II ... so if you like those movies post them in other threads...not here...please respect the threads...oke ?

i don't like the fact that you, damn i like everything...don't know what to say..:p

Godcrusher
16.04.2005, 21:49
Same as u i loved acrobatics. A good option for fast walk.

In gothic the swords are cool, and some movies: orcs attack, undead-dragon death, and the itro form g1 is the best game itro i ever seen

Agree. Even g2 has a got intro :) I loved the last movie in g2, when Xardas tells you about destinty :D

Godcrusher
17.04.2005, 20:46
yes, when I'm fighting with 4 giant rats, and I has a fighting stick, I have to wait until autoaim points me the closest rat..:D

I don't like the inventory, not that it isn't good, but there are alot of keys, and spell scrolls, and things that makes me, go a long way from a weapon to a torch ....

as for the haircut, nah...i kinda like it this way . . .maybe make he's hair a little bigger, and then he could cut it until it is like in G1(in G2 is the same?)...as for barbers....dead barbers, you mean....the whole couintry is in war with the orcs for....how long is it ?

I don't like that in G2 they didn't had the option to learn acrobatics (btw, why do we don't remember Buster????he learned us acrobatics in G1)...I used acrobatics to go faster, because the heroes running was to slow, so had to jump on the road to go faster ... :D

You can learn acrobatics in the adonn

MercSteff
18.04.2005, 09:26
the thing i regret the most in G2 is the loss of uritziel. they should have made a quest for a special sword or smthing. i was very happy whe one of the dragons told me that in order to defeat his master you need the best weapons and armor known to man. i was sure there will be a quest to get those things. and i was dissapointed to see that it was not like that. moreover, that "best armor known to man" was owned by a lot of dragon hunters... strange! i would think that such an armor would be very hard to get!

Godcrusher
18.04.2005, 13:00
the thing i regret the most in G2 is the loss of uritziel. they should have made a quest for a special sword or smthing. i was very happy whe one of the dragons told me that in order to defeat his master you need the best weapons and armor known to man. i was sure there will be a quest to get those things. and i was dissapointed to see that it was not like that. moreover, that "best armor known to man" was owned by a lot of dragon hunters... strange! i would think that such an armor would be very hard to get!

True but you get the uniqe sword, who looks like Uritziel :)
But that sword dosen't have nor might or gem like Uritziel :confused:
But i think in g3 The Sword wil play an important role :)

rekinu
18.04.2005, 13:07
maybe that sword, was puted there by an old Warlord from the begining of the orc war, and it may recover it's powers if she is washed in the magic waters of that warlord fountain found in he's castle....:p

Godcrusher
18.04.2005, 13:40
maybe that sword, was puted there by an old Warlord from the begining of the orc war, and it may recover it's powers if she is washed in the magic waters of that warlord fountain found in he's castle....:p

Uritziel was stolen by orcs by a warlord-Xardas tells you that. I think sword didn't lose his powers. he just lays in the ruind Sleeper's temple.

rekinu
18.04.2005, 13:59
I was reffering to that sword, that you said it looks like Uritziel ...

True but you get the uniqe sword, who looks like Uritziel

It is that sword who layies, up in the north, near the Stone Circle .... :D

MercSteff
19.04.2005, 10:38
that sword, near the stone circle you talk about is not a "special" or "unique" sword like uritziel. it is called "dragon slicer" and you can buy it from the merchants later in the game.

i was talking about a remarcable, unique sword, that only you will have, and that you must aquire in order to finish the game or do some important quest.

Godcrusher
19.04.2005, 12:36
Maybe there is a smith in Myrtana with skils only he has and maybe he can fogre you a uniqe sword and with him yu can defeat beliar.But that smith gets killed by a seeker.....and so on

rekinu
19.04.2005, 13:19
I understood your post Merc, but what Godcrusher said, it seemed, that, that sword was unique... oke...maybe it should be some weapon like the Sacred Hammer, but with what Innos faught against Beli... so , yes, i'd like to see something like that..:D

KingOvi
22.04.2005, 20:35
I was talking about a remarcable, unique sword, that only you will have, and that you must aquire in order to finish the game or do some important quest.

Agree with you man, I like special thing like uriziel, and my dear Ore Armor. Shit, in gothic 2 oyu cant see it, only in the intro movie §danke

Godcrusher
22.04.2005, 21:00
So what are really uniqe items in g2?
- sacred hammer
-large ore dragon slicer
-secret of the libary

Think that's it

KingOvi
22.04.2005, 21:19
Yes, but only the secret of the library is "special" for the hero.

rekinu
22.04.2005, 21:23
look at the title.... :rolleyes: ... :p

KingOvi
22.04.2005, 21:51
Sometimes we must post offtopic.

rekinu
22.04.2005, 21:59
WHY ???????????!?!?!?!?!?! why spam ???? why ruine this forum too ????? this forum works perfect....why take advantage, and spam, and talk offtopic, and ruine this place where we all can talk peacefully, and have fun, and....you know what I mean.... :D

KingOvi
22.04.2005, 22:13
Because we need posts, and stars. :D LOL:grinundwe

And about having fun, where is Nadja? In the red lantern :D

Godcrusher
23.04.2005, 10:26
Because we need posts, and stars. :D LOL:grinundwe

And about having fun, where is Nadja? In the red lantern :D

Ok ovi i think only want stars and posts, others just post here because of love to gothic series, and don't care about stars. jeeez man put jour self together, mean we all spam time to time(exept Dez) but you spam all the time.

Bartacus
28.04.2005, 21:11

Now this is sth that I can agree with. The best armour and you can see others wearing that one too. In Gothic 1 it was only you with the ore armour and no others. And ok we could have that upgrade for our armours, but it isn't the same.

I don't agree with that first post except on the part that the inventory was better in Gothic 1. The realistic stuff about ranged weapons doesn't interest me one bit. Because when it would you should be janking about 'the picking up items' moves.

Dez
28.04.2005, 23:59
I never said, that long range combat should be realistic. I was merely trying to point out the fact that long range combat doesn't have that tangible touch/mood/grasp or what ever you like to call it.It just doesn't feel right or believable. Heck the arrows fly so oddly that it is allmoust impossible to imagine, that they are part of medevil weaponry. If a orc runs past the arrow does 180 degree turn. why do the bows must have automatic sighting? I desire to aim myself, same way the melee combat or magic works. At the current state you can never tell whether the arrow is going to hit it's target or not.

MercSteff
29.04.2005, 11:44
dez you are right, but considering the fact that gothic offers a wide variety of choices makes you demand a bit more difficult to realize. let me explain. i agree with the aiming issue, but your solution is appliable against 1 to 3 enemies. what happens if you take on larger crowds, like you often can in gothic. the targeting and shoting procedure would take too much time, and if in reality it depends on your dexterity, in the game you cand make it the same because regardles of how good you are in gothic, you would still need a longer time to make a succesful shot.

Jesys
08.05.2005, 14:53
Maybe this tread doesn't follows the theme of Topic but i'm very curious to ask somebody this question. I have a computer. GeForse FX 5600(256MB), 512ram, 1800 celeron and i think it is not to bad to run Gothic 2 without laggs, but i have some. If you know what the problem is plz help.

PS sorry for my English, but help me if you can

OK THX :)

MustangVagabond
08.05.2005, 15:54
What I found hated was in G1 there was this glich that if an enemy was on a slope and I hit it I wouldn't do any damage! (melee weapons)

Godcrusher
08.05.2005, 16:46
Maybe this tread doesn't follows the theme of Topic but i'm very curious to ask somebody this question. I have a computer. GeForse FX 5600(256MB), 512ram, 1800 celeron and i think it is not to bad to run Gothic 2 without laggs, but i have some. If you know what the problem is plz help.

PS sorry for my English, but help me if you can

look at the thread Graphic card and ask your question there ;)

@mustang
i love g1, and i really can't find nothing anoying ;) at least in the first part ;)

MustangVagabond
08.05.2005, 17:10
Oh, I love G1, I just finished re-playing it for like the tenth time. I just found this glitch that make battles virtually imposible if I'm on a hill or stairs. This glitch could also be confinded to my computer, but its something I found to be a pain.

Zaratul
08.05.2005, 22:24
... I desire to aim myself, same way the melee combat or magic works. At the current state you can never tell whether the arrow is going to hit it's target or not.

Dez but think about the Gothic style! :rolleyes: If U want to aim bow or crosbow then U can play Thief (2 or 3) but in Gothic it could be imposible to aim to all enemies! And it would make Gothic wery hard to play! :(
So I don`t agree U.

rekinu
09.05.2005, 01:55
IMO , dez's opinon, iz good... Zaratul, that will make Gothic a complex game...;)

ThorTheViking
23.05.2005, 23:54
Nothing anoys me more than an anoying anoyers who, anoy all day and never stop anoying. All gothic games RULE and i don't concern myself with small things So Go back To BELIAR's Realm Dez §burn §burn §burn

Godcrusher
24.05.2005, 06:55
Nothing anoys me more than an anoying anoyers who, anoy all day and never stop anoying. All gothic games RULE and i don't concern myself with small things So Go back To BELIAR's Realm Dez §burn §burn §burn

I agree. gothic series are perfect just the way they are :cool: Thor i dwell in Beliars realm :D :D

ThorTheViking
24.05.2005, 11:00
Yes but dez is evil in an evil kind of way because he ''hates'' gothic - There are NO annoying things in IT

Godcrusher
24.05.2005, 12:34
Thor no one here actually hates gothic, that's why were're here :D You have to respect other people's opinion, or this place will fall apart, if we argue all the time :D :D

Dez
24.05.2005, 19:50

Thor you seem to take these games a bit too personally hehe :eek: In any case I did not want you to be offended.Still I'm very amaized if you got irrated because what I wrote.Maybe you should learn tolerating other people oppinions a bit :rolleyes:

I made this topic for open discussion, because well frankly there are so many good things in gothic saga and we all like gothic games(why else i'd be here?).so I was simply wondering what hardcore gothic fans found "not so great". Besides if i was a dev, i'd LOVE to hear what things could be improved from previous games.I respect your statement that gothic is perfect game.You should do the same thing or just shut up if you don't have anything more constructive to say.

peace :cool:

ThorTheViking
24.05.2005, 22:11
I didn't mean to insault you and i defenetly don't hate you because of the off topic. so peace It's tru that i like gothic so much i maybe can't see the things that could be made better. i for instance didnt like acrobatics because jou can't jump so far in heavy armour?? and with speed potion the hero runs like a sisy girl. but like always i took advantages over disadvantages and in this view gothic is perfect. We must look at this topic as if something could be better why not make it. This topic is much like ''What would you like to see in g3'' it is just said in another way

I'm sorry again if my writings hurted anybody i didn't mean to sound so evil :D

rockfest
17.10.2005, 23:55
I know this thread is old but i can't post all the time in the first page...so if anyone has something with this post...then....i don't know...don't read it.
I have to agree with that guy dez...we all are gothic fans here, we have a lot of threads with "i love gothic" or something like this. Actually, this is the only thread i saw that you guys are talking about bad parts of gothic.
So...to go on-topic...i don't like at gothic that when you play it the second time you kind of have the same quests. It follows a straight line(the story), you can't play it in another way. I don't know if someone understands what i want to say...

WernerTWC
18.10.2005, 00:13
So...to go on-topic...i don't like at gothic that when you play it the second time you kind of have the same quests. It follows a straight line(the story), you can't play it in another way. I don't know if someone understands what i want to say...
I was a little bored of some quests when i played G1 the third time in the third guild, the beginning was totally different, but then it all went nearly the same. But hey, they had to finish the game,... if there had made G1 as perfect as they wanted it, it wouldn´t be released till now (oh my, hope you understand what i mean, it´s getting late ...).

rekinu
18.10.2005, 23:05
if there had made G1 as perfect as they wanted it, it wouldn´t be released till now

hmmm... that game would have been sth like G1,2+notr in one game...right....:D :D

@rockfest
yes, but a game is made to play it one time, and if you want to play it more times then you have to accept and get used to it....;)

but G3, can be played alot alot of times, in alot of very different ways, at least 3 ways(3 endings...) ;)

WernerTWC
19.10.2005, 10:35
but G3, can be played alot alot of times, in alot of very different ways, at least 3 ways(3 endings...) ;)
But 3 endings doesn´t mean 3 ways. In g1 there are imo 3 "ways" to come to the one end,... the 3 guildes are the "ways" to play for me,... so i think with 6 guilds it´s a minimum of 6 ways to play it,.... but the more freedom means also that you can combinate some skills from here and some from there, your are not bound to the guilds! :)

Faby
19.10.2005, 10:38
So being Guilldless is better.You can learn diferent skills,and make you an expert in all of them.

DeadlyArrow
19.10.2005, 10:55
Being guidless is fine, but i don't want this to be like in Morrowind, it was really not interesting when you could join every guild. I think it would be better if when you are guildless, they teach you for money and you must do some quests before they teach you.

Zaratul
19.10.2005, 18:17
Being guidless is fine, but i don't want this to be like in Morrowind, it was really not interesting when you could join every guild. I think it would be better if when you are guildless, they teach you for money and you must do some quests before they teach you.

I think that it`ll be so in G3. Want to learn??? Pay!!! Or do some quests! :) Like in G2 Wolf if U`re merc asks U 300 gold but if U`re not merc he asks 800 gold!

rockfest
19.10.2005, 18:24
So i guess that the guilds in g3 will be only for the determination of the ending no?

Zaratul
19.10.2005, 18:32
As I understan - no! It`ll be a part of story, but U can finish G3 whitout joining any guild. So it`s one of the way to finish the game - whithout joining any guil, but I think I won`t choose that way! :) I still think I`ll be a mage at first or maybe paladin orr....... actualy I don`t know who I`ll be!!! :p

rockfest
19.10.2005, 18:34
O i get to finish the game 4 times different...cool! But how can pb know of the hero's choice if you'll be guildles? Or is it going to be in the "chromanian way"? Depending on your actions and stuff like that?

Zaratul
19.10.2005, 18:47
I think that if U`re guildless U can choose Youre ways but still U`ll have to come to and end! :) And it`s Youre choise what will it be!!!! :D Love that!!! And I gues it`ll be some real crazy time for me! :rolleyes:

Godcrusher
20.10.2005, 11:58
I think that if U`re guildless U can choose Youre ways but still U`ll have to come to and end! :) And it`s Youre choise what will it be!!!! :D Love that!!! And I gues it`ll be some real crazy time for me! :rolleyes:

yeah sure but those cold mountains....snow....grayness in Nordmar arghhh cant wait to cut some orc flesh out of their furry asses §burn

Colonelu
20.10.2005, 13:02
Hey guys check this out if you delete ''ch'' from ''chromanian'' you will get romanian :D :D :D

_DieGo_
20.10.2005, 19:41
Hey guys check this out if you delete ''ch'' from ''chromanian'' you will get romanian :D :D :D
§hehe funny "brother chromanian" ;) :D

Faby
20.10.2005, 19:57
It's chromanin

_DieGo_
20.10.2005, 19:59
It's chromanin
:rolleyes: yeah but he was tring to make a joke? right colonele? :D

Faby
20.10.2005, 20:05
I know,but just that i was not in the mood for jokes ;)

_DieGo_
20.10.2005, 20:48
I know,but just that i was not in the mood for jokes ;)

oo ok then sorry ;)

rekinu
20.10.2005, 20:59
I was annoyed sometimes, about the fighting engine, because I couldn't beat more enemies at a time.... I had to highlight them ... maybe this thing will be improved in G3...

*stop spamming

rockfest
20.10.2005, 21:51
@rekinu : btw, you can use magic for that... :p

rekinu
20.10.2005, 21:53
you still have to highlight....aaa or you mean rains of fire, and mass killing magic....you are right but he is so slow when casting those spells.... :(

DeadlyArrow
20.10.2005, 21:57
§burn mass killing magic §burn
*LOL*

rekinu
20.10.2005, 22:00
did I said sth wrong...:D ;) :p

I had to buy all "mass killing magic"(is this a new term?:D)spells from Cronos, to clear up the library of those fire demons..... §burn did you noticed that If it rains they don't come after you out ? ;)

DeadlyArrow
20.10.2005, 22:03
i really liked this term :D
i used firerain for trolls, and once when i needed to kill Dexter, i summoned a demon, and he killed all bandits, it was really cool!

rockfest
20.10.2005, 22:06
i really liked this term :D
i used firerain for trolls, and once when i needed to kill Dexter, i summoned a demon, and he killed all bandits, it was really cool!
Nice job...killing all the bandits with a demon...cool.
Edit : but why fire rain for trolls? Can't understand...that's MKM...what's the use?

DeadlyArrow
20.10.2005, 22:13
@rockfest
i cast - they die, that's the use

rockfest
20.10.2005, 22:17
@rockfest
i cast - they die, that's the use
Ok...as you say....i taught that you might know something more about this thing. Taught maybe it killes them faster or something.

DeadlyArrow
20.10.2005, 22:19
no, but it's useful, if you can't kill them with your weapon, but got a spellscrol

Zaratul
21.10.2005, 10:02
Love mass distraction spell - my record is about ten orcs with one spell §burn hahahahahaahahaha

Godcrusher
21.10.2005, 14:35
Love mass distraction spell - my record is about ten orcs with one spell §burn hahahahahaahahaha

indeed. Or in the old camp, i burned evry digger i choud find :D

rockfest
21.10.2005, 15:12
My best record was with the orcs outside the castle. Allmost all of them. Didn't count them but my computer paused for a second when i casted the spell and killed them. I was left with 7-8 at life. §burn

Zaratul
21.10.2005, 15:41
My best record was with the orcs outside the castle. Allmost all of them. Didn't count them but my computer paused for a second when i casted the spell and killed them. I was left with 7-8 at life. §burn
§klatsch §klatsch §klatsch §klatsch §klatsch §klatsch Godie godie godie!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

rockfest
22.10.2005, 07:52
I'll install g2 and try to make a screen from above...If i use the scroll at the mouse i think that i can take a picture with all the actions...

DeadlyArrow
22.10.2005, 10:06
mass killing magic (http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/2169/gothic220050520193953065ve.jpg) - screen in VoM

rekinu
22.10.2005, 10:09
now, thats mass killing magic...;)

Faby
22.10.2005, 10:35
Wow,that s.shot is really mass distruction-y!Love it,it's so..distructive!You made it yourself?

DeadlyArrow
22.10.2005, 10:41
yes, of course, i made it myself. i had some orcs in VoM and used "Wave of death" on them, and results surprised even me!

_DieGo_
22.10.2005, 16:47
wow... cool shot deadlyarrow... :cool: :D

Zaratul
22.10.2005, 16:54
He he.... i see DeadlyArrow became deadly in G2 :D ;) he he.... love it!!!!

WernerTWC
22.10.2005, 21:51
mass killing magic (http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/2169/gothic220050520193953065ve.jpg) - screen in VoM
Cool one, but i recommend a speed potion, run through the hords of orks in circles so that they can follow you, and do then spell when you have some more orks together! :cool: :D ... i hope you make a screen also from that ;)

DeadlyArrow
22.10.2005, 22:09
Cool one, but i recommend a speed potion, run through the hords of orks in circles so that they can follow you, and do then spell when you have some more orks together! :cool: :D ... i hope you make a screen also from that ;)
if you say so... ok :D

WernerTWC
22.10.2005, 22:13
if you say so... ok :D
BTW.: A mighty magican shouldn´t wear any of those "simple" weapons like bows or a 2hander, he is mighty enough to throw those physical weapons away,... he stands above those things! ;) ... it´s more stylisher! :)

rockfest
22.10.2005, 22:24
§cry §cry §cry §cry §cry §cry .I don't have g2 installed and i wanted you to show how i killed those orcs. §cry §cry §cry

DeadlyArrow
22.10.2005, 22:28
@Werner
but what will mage do if mana suddenly ends? you can't explain orcs that it all was for stile and they should wait until you find your sword in inventory ;)

WernerTWC
22.10.2005, 22:32
§cry §cry §cry §cry §cry §cry .I don't have g2 installed and i wanted you to show how i killed those orcs. §cry §cry §cry
Why you don´t install it, you can play through the game in one hour 50 minutes (and that´s with NotR) .... in TheWonderes style :D ;) :p :

NotR Fastrun by TheWonderer (http://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/index.php?go=downloads&release_id=82)

@deadly:

Pay attention on the time, give yourself a 5 minute speed potions, start magic at the half of time or so, so that you have enough time to escape if it´s become neserccery. :)

rockfest
23.10.2005, 00:14
@ i've borrowed my gothic cd's to somebody...for a long time now and i need them back....and i don't need to make a fastrun, i have a hero on my hardisk...i'll go right there to do it...

WernerTWC
23.10.2005, 00:18
@ i've borrowed my gothic cd's to somebody...for a long time now and i need them back....and i don't need to make a fastrun, i have a hero on my hardisk...i'll go right there to do it...
Borrowing CDs or what ever is such a large topic! I have many cds borrowed, never seen again! :D ... not such a big thing, but i would never borrow such a "holy" item like gotihc! ^^

rockfest
23.10.2005, 01:08
Yeah..i know that but the guy caught me with the cd's in my hand and just asked for them. i couldn't refuse so i borrowed him the cd's. that's the dummest thing i did. But your right, it's a big topic.
Btw : don't you sleep at this hour?

WernerTWC
23.10.2005, 01:59
Yeah..i know that but the guy caught me with the cd's in my hand and just asked for them. i couldn't refuse so i borrowed him the cd's. that's the dummest thing i did. But your right, it's a big topic.
Btw : don't you sleep at this hour?

I know EXACTLY what you mean, a good friend ask, you cannot say no and you end up without gothic, thats how it goes! ;)

BTW.: I should sleep,... but i´m a children of the night i guess! ;)
Don´t you have to go to bed? :p ;) :p

Faby
23.10.2005, 09:02
Eh-hem!Stop talking off topic!I just wanted to say that the most annoying things in G2 are those moves that you do at the beginning,when you are a Rookie with an 1H weapon.It would of be better if it was like in G1,when you hold a 1H weapon in two hands.

rockfest
23.10.2005, 14:34
Eh-hem!Stop talking off topic!I just wanted to say that the most annoying things in G2 are those moves that you do at the beginning,when you are a Rookie with an 1H weapon.It would of be better if it was like in G1,when you hold a 1H weapon in two hands.
@ Off-topic : Actually if you look at the time of the posts...They're at 3 AM. Do you think at that time of hour you even care where you post? :rolleyes: Jees, we were just talking about gothic. This thing with spam and off-topic really gets on my nerves. §burn Did we killed somebody or what? Anyway back to the topic...
@ On-topic : Those " annoying" moves are actually much better than the so called "master" moves. While the hero rotates his body, or jumps like a balerina (sorry for the spelling) and finnaly hitting once you could hit with the "raw" moves ten times.
PS : @werner : after i posted that i went to bed... :D

Faby
23.10.2005, 14:44
Off-Topic:I was a bit annoyed at the time when I posted that Off Topic thing,so I spilt my nerves on the first person in my sight.
On-Topic:Do you really think that the Rookie move is good?Well,as I said,people have differnt opinions.Another annoying thing is the very bad Range Sistem,which makes G2 not to be Ranger-Friendly.Arrows miss all the time,even if you are a marksman.But in G1 the Range Sistem was very good,though.

rockfest
23.10.2005, 14:50
Yeah...you're right about the range thing. That's why i don't use it. But about the skill at the sword i'm conviced about it. now it may be that i have a weird style of fighting but to me the "raw" moves are better than the "master" moves.

Faby
24.10.2005, 08:13
Probably they are better.Another thing annoying in G1 is that if you have your sword drawn and if you try to run with your back that doesnt block the opponents attack like in G2.

rockfest
24.10.2005, 17:05
Probably they are better.Another thing annoying in G1 is that if you have your sword drawn and if you try to run with your back that doesnt block the opponents attack like in G2.
can you explain better the technique? I don't understand and i don't remember this beeing possible.

_DieGo_
24.10.2005, 18:45
can you explain better the technique? I don't understand and i don't remember this beeing possible.
in g1 with the sword drawn if you move back(with "s" or back arrow) the hero doesn't block enemy's hit
in g2 with the sword drawn if you move back(with "s" or back arrow) the hero blocks enmy's hit
do you understand? :)
P.S: i also like this thing in g2, in g1 i think i never blocked but in g2... :)

rekinu
24.10.2005, 21:57
G2 fighting system is way too easy...when you are fighting in G1, you need "skill" ... :D In G2, you can block all enemy hits, so you can stand there hours just blocking...it's easy... :)

rockfest
24.10.2005, 22:04
in g1 with the sword drawn if you move back(with "s" or back arrow) the hero doesn't block enemy's hit
in g2 with the sword drawn if you move back(with "s" or back arrow) the hero blocks enmy's hit
do you understand? :)
P.S: i also like this thing in g2, in g1 i think i never blocked but in g2... :)
I never did blocked in g. Never in my life. Tried it at the first game but i don't like to block. And it's the same with every game. I'm just too good at fighting that i don't need block. :eek:
:rolleyes:

ThorTheViking
27.10.2005, 13:36
The most annoying or better said funny thing in gothic games is unrealistic swordfighting. That's all i can remember at this time.

Zaratul
27.10.2005, 17:46
Indeed in G1 blocking was almoust imposible! But sometimes it worked! :) But I didn`t use that in G1, but in G2 always!!! :D

WernerTWC
27.10.2005, 17:59
I never did blocked in g. Never in my life. Tried it at the first game but i don't like to block. And it's the same with every game. I'm just too good at fighting that i don't need block. :eek:
:rolleyes:

Well, i play tekken from time to time with friends, then i need to block, but never did in gothic!
If an enemy is too strong for me (fighting without blocking) i go and level up or i just try some things, like use a magic scroll on him, or whatever will work.

Annoying in Gothic? Mhhh, maybe that it´s not endless! ;)

Godcrusher
27.10.2005, 18:54
I blocked some hits in gothic both of them. But that was when i had too much time ;)

Corbo
09.04.2006, 17:59
- The inventory system is definitely annoying. The worst ergonomy I ever met, and G1 was worse than G2. It's enormous, it sorts itself differently over time, identical weapons don't pile up while anything else does...
- The game (and machine) crashes are more than annoying... plain outrageous!
- The enemies cliff-suicide algorithm.
- Creatures that jump into water when they can't swim... so they drown.
- Quests that require you to go searching all around the map (like the orc generals, or the desecrated shrines). The maps make that better, but you still have to run a lot. If at least there was a teleport rune to the NE corner...
- Mud. But that was the point, and I liked it.
- The collision engine: so many creatures get stuck (when they don't suicide from a cliff).
- Falling from a cliff because you draw your weapon.
- Auto-aim to meatbugs
- Getting stuck between rocks in a half-jump or sliding position.
- Allies who rush between you and your enemies while you hit or shoot (another suicidal tendancy). And then they'll attack you as if you were the enemy. Remember the fight at the farm before the tavern, or Till on his way back to town?
- Bandits not attacking you... until they get excited by a minecrawler (at the SW tower).
- Trees blocking your view completely. In so many places.
- The experience cost of rather useless skills like skinning animals. I made an exception and wasted 5 points to learn how to get dragon scales, but found noone to make me an armor from them. Even if I had, 5 LP would have been a high price. Plus, the hunting system is inconsistent: you can learn how to get beasts' hearts, but you don't need to learn that to get the dragons' hearts.
- Useless XPs and objetcs at the end of the game. Useless characters on the boat (all but the captain). You were supposed (told) to be 5 guys to face the master villain, and to have special equipment. You come alone with a simple bow, and it dies in 10 seconds without any chance of attacking back, so you don't even need an armor.
- Monster generators. It can ruin the game balance; it is not consistent with the game system (slow progress curve), atmosphere (monsters ecology or purpose), pace (it's tempting to stay in the same room for hours just to get XPs; I was lucky it would be too boring for me).
- private jokes (like Nicode hello world). They shatter the dream.

allah
09.04.2006, 19:21
My only minuses are the presents of bugs and that the game aint that complex as The Elder Scrolls series for exemple.

Corbo
20.04.2006, 08:48
- Doors and chests that will never open without the right key. So what did I buy 120 points of DEX for? It doesn't matter if the chest is for another guild's quest. Make it hard to open if you like, and keep its content useless if you are not from the right guild, but you can't give me a good enough reason why I couldn't lockpick it.
- Bloodflies stuck on top of you.
- G1's girl who says that you can't talk to her, after you killed Gomez and his goons and you are the one sitting on the throne. You can't even tell her that the floor is clean enough.
- Raven in NotR: He is in the title, but you see him only 10 seconds and only to kill him. "It doesn't matter what your name is!".
- Mercenaries and Dragon Hunters, or half of them. They just brag and blabber, and waste your time until you kick their butt. And, as fast as news go, that doesn't teach anything to the next one.
- Disarmed people who fight bare-handed but a draw a blade out of nowhere for the coup-de-grâce.
- The hero's haircut.
- Being killed by a scavenger. It's like being killed by a chicken. Hard for the ego.
- Potions. Several pages down in the inventory for the objects you use the most.
- Chapter 4. You have to go to the pass, load the VoM, then go all the way back so you can learn the next Circle of Magic. Why in the blue hell not starting that chapter from Khorinis?

Fnoop
20.04.2006, 08:53
The only thing that made me nervous in the Gothic series was Quarhodron and his stupid questions in NotR. The one time I really had to search for a walkthrough.

Faby
24.04.2006, 06:07
The most annoying thing is that sometimes you can't kill meatbugs §burn .I keep swinging my sword but nothing happens!

Fnoop
24.04.2006, 14:05
Also, a veeeery anoying thing happened to me last time. Not annoying, I went totally mad!
I went into a house in the harbor. Then a Maid came out of nowhere and started to force me out. Okay, so I went out but then she said 'Smart kid'. I went SOOOO mad, I beat the hell out of her, who does she thinks she is to call me kid???

These are the worse things in Gothic IMO, the Maids and those stupid women with heavy branches think they're soooo powerfull, and that they can defend themselves. I would make such weak women run in Gothic 3, not trying to be smart and fight §burn §burn §burn §burn §burn

rekinu
24.04.2006, 14:52
The most annoying thing is that sometimes you can't kill meatbugs §burn .I keep swinging my sword but nothing happens!
Just use bow or crossbow. ;)

I think an anoying thing in G1 is the fact that you hit oponents and they don't take damage. It's like they make a a block by steping backwards but that thing doesnt happen. You can only hit them when they aproach you to hit. These are mostly zombies, lizards etc.

Zaratul
24.04.2006, 16:28
In G1 a zombie is a sierius enemy!!! I tryed to kill on for 5 minutes!!! :eek: That even freeked me out! And that`s not real - they can`t protect, but they take no damage!!! :( That sucked!!!

Faby
25.04.2006, 10:39
In G1 a zombie is a sierius enemy!!! I tryed to kill on for 5 minutes!!! :eek: That even freeked me out! And that`s not real - they can`t protect, but they take no damage!!! :( That sucked!!!
The Zombies are the hardest enemies in the game after the apocalyptic templars,imo :eek: .They kill you with 3 hits..but they are slow,and with a destroy undead rune .. ;)

Zaratul
25.04.2006, 11:12
The Zombies are the hardest enemies in the game after the apocalyptic templars,imo :eek: .They kill you with 3 hits..but they are slow,and with a destroy undead rune .. ;)

Whell... last time I played as mage and... he he... they wasn`t a problem for me! :D §burn But still I had to kill some of them without magic and that was quite hard!