PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Risen Fansite Kit available

foobar
27.05.2009, 16:44
Deep Silver and the Piranha Fanart Portal just released a german and an english version of a RISEN Fansite Kit.

Its contents are:

highres graphics
avatar pictures for a number of Instant Messengers
a professional design template for the BLOG software "Wordpress" to create your own fansite in just 4 steps
a professional design template for a HTML based website for all who want to adapt the design
icons for your postings in forums and the desktop
music and sound effects for further enhancement of your site
desktop background motives for your PC

Updated links (english version):

Download 1 (World Of Risen): http://www.worldofrisen.de/download_28.htm
Download 2 (Deep Silver/Gameswelt): http://download.deepsilver.com/rpb/fansitekit/risen-all-en-gnome-fansitekit.zip

catalinux
27.05.2009, 17:40
same avatars and same .png format for various IM.

also, for the first time, some inventory icons (back to MS-DOS era if you ask me - nice & funny icons)

Larisa
27.05.2009, 19:14
MS-DOS

msdos with icons? That sounds like.... Windows. ;)

The font... I expected also the one used for the title.

foobar
27.05.2009, 19:17
The font... I expected also the one used for the title.

Appearently, there is no real font for the "RISEN" logo. That's just an artwork. In the german forum, the user Feuerbarde offered to create a TTF from it if Deep Silver agrees. Pixel wanted to check back with his superiors and keep him informed.

Larisa
27.05.2009, 19:30
Appearently, there is no real font for the "RISEN" logo. That's just an artwork. In the german forum, the user Feuerbarde offered to create a TTF from it if Deep Silver agrees. Pixel wanted to check back with his superiors and keep him informed.

Hmmm... I saw the image with the creation of the logo, but then I saw "World of" also has the same style, so I guessed if there are 10 letters done, it's quite possible there's also the rest.

foobar
27.05.2009, 20:09
but then I saw "World of" also has the same style

If I recall correctly, Don-Esteban drew that part of the site logo himself.

EDIT: And an update. There's an english version, too. I edited the original post for the download links.

Jodob
27.05.2009, 20:47
If I recall correctly, Don-Esteban draw that part of the site logo himself.

that's correct, he took parts of the existing letters and melted them together to create the missing ones

Maladiq
27.05.2009, 21:13
that's correct, he took parts of the existing letters and melted them together to create the missing ones

Now that you say that... it looks so obvious:D Congrats to Don, he is a real talent.:gratz

On topic: useless waste of time this kit. Instead of developing a modding kit (ok, I know it would take a lot more to do that), they do this... pointless thing which will mainly be used by 11 yr olds who experiment with making a webpage for the first time (I personally used geocities and the office 98 front page express:D).

Larisa
27.05.2009, 21:29
I think this 'kit' was much much more easily compiled than a modding kit.

Maladiq
27.05.2009, 21:51
Instead of developing a modding kit (ok, I know it would take a lot more to do that)

I think this 'kit' was much much more easily compiled than a modding kit.

That what me said.

Larisa
27.05.2009, 21:57
That what me said.

And since the modkit would've taken much more time, it fails as an option. So, they 'waste' their time with something they could do. Even if it's pretty useless for you (and for me, too), others might like it.

catalinux
27.05.2009, 23:51
msdos with icons? That sounds like.... Windows. ;)

Yep... Windows 3.1 had icons. And it was just a MS-DOS app.

But I was referring to the style. I remember how "shinny and happy and friendly" used to be the games in MS-DOS era (like those icons from the Risen inventory) (but with less pixels - like the avatars from the kit)