PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Where can I buy Gothic?

Guper
12.04.2005, 00:26
Hello,
Can somebody please tell me where I can find a copy of Gothic with a manual? Also how much does it cost? Thanks!
-Drew

Guper
12.04.2005, 00:33
Stupid me,
I forgot to say I live in the United States, and would want the English version. Also is The Night of The Raven going to be released in the US? If not can I buy one from England for a reasonable amount of money? Thanks.
-Drew

Don-Esteban
12.04.2005, 00:55
Hi, Guper, welcome at this board

Gothic I at amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005QIQY/qid=1111606587/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2_etk-vg/103-8639072-9275006?v=glance&s=videogames&n=468642
$49.95

Gothic II at amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000069D75/qid=1111606587/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1_etk-vg/103-8639072-9275006?v=glance&s=videogames&n=468642
now for only $14.88

The Gothic II-addon "Night of the Raven" is not released in English. In Atari's opinion is the addon no good-selling game and therefore Atari has no interest, to publishing the addon. (Atari is the international publishing partner from the austrian publisher JoWooD.)
There are rumours, the addon could be published by JoWooD itself (or rather by "Koch Media", the distribution-partner from JoWooD in europe) in the UK in the next months. See this news an our website:
http://worldofgothic.com/#20
Perhaps JoWooD has received the publishing rights from Atari für the UK, but this is not affirmed and nobody knows detailed things.

Guper
12.04.2005, 01:09
Thanks,

That is awfully expensive for such an old game, but I spose its old and rare or something. But I think I still want what with a lot of people prefering it over gothic 2 and all. Ive played gothic 2 for awhile (unfortunately my computer has crashed twice, and ive had to redo it, the furthest i got was start of ch3) and all the references to people and things that have happened have left me wondering. As im writing this I am downloading the demo so that should clear things up:). Are you sure 50.oo is cheapest? I saw it on ebay for about 35.00 or something a while ago before i got interested in it. Thanks for putting up with my rantings :)
-Drew

Don-Esteban
12.04.2005, 01:38
Maybe there is an online shop with a cheapter Gothic, but I'm from Germany and my knowledge about US online shops is very small. I think $50 is not cheap but expensive for a 4 year old computer game. But perhaps the first part of Gothic is a rare thing in America? I don't know.

Guper
12.04.2005, 02:56
Fantastic!
I have found it :) Here is the link please tell me if this is correct (english version, etc.) and if it is a "good" deal? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8184597957&rd=1&ssPageName=WD1V
Thanks.
-Drew

Don-Esteban
12.04.2005, 03:23
It looks like a Japanese version. I doesn't know till now, that such version exists.
Maybe the language is in englisch and the subtitles in Japanese? Perhaps you should ask the seller for it, before you buy this stuff. $zuck

Guper
12.04.2005, 03:29
Yep,
That's what I did, cause that little explanation he had was pretty confusing. FOREIGN VERSION EITHER THAI OR JAPANESE, BUT GAME IS IN ENGLISH. That seems pretty odd, I have read all the topics on this forum and a bunch of other stuff and have never ever seen anything about a Thai or Japenese version,in English....just seemed pretty interesting and odd to me. Thanks.
-Drew

Don-Esteban
12.04.2005, 03:33
What's whith this offer:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8184438807&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

$9.99, but still 5 days to bid and maybe no compendium.
"Gothic, by Xicat, two original CD only. Played once, perfect condition."
You should ask the seller for a compendium.

And now I'm going to sleep, in Germany it's 4:30 AM and I'am tired.

Godcrusher
12.04.2005, 19:52
Thanks,

That is awfully expensive for such an old game, but I spose its old and rare or something. But I think I still want what with a lot of people prefering it over gothic 2 and all. Ive played gothic 2 for awhile (unfortunately my computer has crashed twice, and ive had to redo it, the furthest i got was start of ch3) and all the references to people and things that have happened have left me wondering. As im writing this I am downloading the demo so that should clear things up:). Are you sure 50.oo is cheapest? I saw it on ebay for about 35.00 or something a while ago before i got interested in it. Thanks for putting up with my rantings :)
-Drew

It's expensive, but it's worth it. You will see when you will play it :D

rekinu
12.04.2005, 21:26
it is kinda, hard to understand the gothic emotion if you play G2 first, and after that G1 . . . Guper you will probably see gothic 1 as an old game if you will play it now... but it is worth ALL THE MONEY .... I never saw a game as gothic 1 . . . §danke §danke

Guper
12.04.2005, 23:06
Cool, Thanks for all your advice. The reply from the guy said "This is imported full English game. No manual, only 2 original CD with a little scratches (but ok to install and play)." So I think it is ok. I'm going to buy it unless the other ebay seller explains what he is selling. Thanks.
-Drew

rekinu
12.04.2005, 23:13
hurry up , you have alot to catch up on ... (Diccuric, NOTR, finish G2 , lol .... :D) hope you finish these before the new arrival of Gothic (3) :D

Guper
12.04.2005, 23:16
Lol,
Yep I do. While we are on that subject, how can i get TNOTR?(in awhile ill need to finish both games:)What does TNOTR add or change? Thanks.
-Drew

rekinu
12.04.2005, 23:24
try reading this forum, from scratch and you can make an image about NOTR...you can read the NOTR story ---click here--- (http://worldofgothic.com/gothic2/?go=addonstory) . It is more difficult than G2, and brings a whole new side of Khorinis, more friends from G1 . . .etc etc etc...:p

Godcrusher
13.04.2005, 14:28
Lol,
Yep I do. While we are on that subject, how can i get TNOTR?(in awhile ill need to finish both games:)What does TNOTR add or change? Thanks.
-Drew

Try over the internet :D That's the easiest way to get it :D

Guper
22.04.2005, 03:36
Thanks,
I bought the 35.oo one about a week ago and it came today. It is the correct version it just has like the title of gothic in japanese or something above the english name, but speech and subtitles are fine. Gothic looks like its a pretty damn awesome game...I just finished the old mine :)... anyways thanks for all your help everybody!
-Drew

Godcrusher
22.04.2005, 19:46
Thanks,
I bought the 35.oo one about a week ago and it came today. It is the correct version it just has like the title of gothic in japanese or something above the english name, but speech and subtitles are fine. Gothic looks like its a pretty damn awesome game...I just finished the old mine :)... anyways thanks for all your help everybody!
-Drew

So they are speaking english and there are japanese subtitles? OR is it the opposite?

KingOvi
22.04.2005, 20:03
However, I don't think he want gothic with something in Japaneese :eek: .

Guper
23.04.2005, 00:27
No, nothing is in japenese, both the subtitles and voices are in English. The "gothic" title on the cd is in japanese or something, but i'm not really sure why as nothing else in or on the game is in japanese.
-Drew

rekinu
23.04.2005, 11:57
maybe just to be soled...in japan...
hmmm....Gup... why don't you write " -Drew " in a signature...it is easier to appear everytime you post than, to write it....

SonOfBlob
03.05.2005, 04:10
Hi All,

A friend of my son gave me a pirated copy of Gothic because he knew I liked RPGs such as Morrowind. I'm enjoying it so much that I tried to buy Gothic and Gothic II in Australia (I live in Melbourne) but had no luck. In the end I emailed rollenspiel-shop in Germany and they are sending me the English versions of both. I just paid by PayPal yesterday so I haven't got them yet.

Also it is a bit expensive because of the postage, about 70 Euros but I love Gothic so much it is worth it :D

Can't wait for Gothic III as well. Hope it is made available in Australia.

Sowilo
03.05.2005, 11:04
For the English version Jowood will Publish the game together with Koch Media (other European versions too). So I think if u want to get it fast u can import it from the UK. For the American version they still have no solution.
But gratulation that u bought the original. I importet Doom 3 from the US (cause censorship in Germany) 125 $... And I didn't finished the game till now cause its so boring :(

Godcrusher
03.05.2005, 13:09
For the English version Jowood will Publish the game together with Koch Media (other European versions too). So I think if u want to get it fast u can import it from the UK. For the American version they still have no solution.
But gratulation that u bought the original. I importet Doom 3 from the US (cause censorship in Germany) 125 $... And I didn't finished the game till now cause its so boring :(

Do you know how many versions will be? Mean you said european and english version. Will g3 be like addon with diferent subtitles? :D

rekinu
03.05.2005, 21:29
well, imagine, what work is it to be done, if you want to record all the speech in G3(!!!!)in french, italian, romanian(:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D!!!!!?????), so they probably make an english and german version.It is enough...

+the subs for all other languages....

Guper
03.05.2005, 23:29
i dunno rekinu :)
-Drew

Godcrusher
04.05.2005, 06:18
well, imagine, what work is it to be done, if you want to record all the speech in G3(!!!!)in french, italian, romanian(:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D!!!!!?????), so they probably make an english and german version.It is enough...

+the subs for all other languages....

why german too? Aren't english voices much better in gothic? Why don't made just english version? :D :p

MercSteff
04.05.2005, 08:42
because from the german version they take their funds. and it is a german producer!

Godcrusher
04.05.2005, 14:47
because from the german version they take their funds. and it is a german producer!

I know but now that gothic sereis has became so popular it whoud be the same if they only make the english version, and the people whoud still masivly buy it :D It whoud a litle less time to make just the english time :D :)

Sowilo
04.05.2005, 14:57
I think international there will be a hard fight with Oblivion so they should focus G3 on Germany.

Zaratul
04.05.2005, 15:46
But I`m realy sad that i can`t get TNOTR in english!!!! :(
I realy would like to play this part!!! §wall

Sowilo
04.05.2005, 16:13
NotR will be published in English. In the Jowood Forum KaiRo wrote that there will be one Addon with English voices and u can choose English, French and other subtitles.

But I don't know if that is still actuell. If the English Addon in the UK or US is published u can get it in English^^.

Atari had the right and the complete Addon but they didn't want to sell it. So Jowood bought the rights for the English market back and now they want to publish it.

Zaratul
04.05.2005, 17:22
And when can it be published? or U don`t know?!? §gnah

Sowilo
04.05.2005, 17:30
It can be published now. The English Addon is gold months ago and Jowood bought the rights 4 the English markets back from Atari.

I only think that the release of the addon will be part of the promotion for G³. The E³ will be promotion enough so I think the Addon will be released after the E³ and before G³ will be released. So in the next 8 monts oO..

Zaratul
04.05.2005, 17:46
The E³ will be promotion enough so I think the Addon will be released after the E³ and before G³ will be released. So in the next 8 monts oO..
aaaaa..... §cry 8 mounth???? grrrr....