PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : [Release] Gothic II Gold - IronKeep Community Patch v 1.0

Tratos
10.05.2009, 18:32
Gothic II: Night of the Raven is an excellent game, after all these years. However, it is still somewhat beset by bugs, even with the latest release. We have created a patch that aims to fix as many of these bugs as possible, and enhance the experience of those playing Gothic II Gold. As we fix more bugs, patches will be released. If there is a bug you would like addressed, please let us know. What we have done has been included in the changelog below. Enjoy :).

This product is meant to deliver a better NotR experience with next to no "on-the-house" additions. This patch (and all the subsequent versions) will be an incremental part of HoP builds, so if you have HoP installed (or in future CSI), you wouldn't need the "products below".

However, at this point - this patch has some changes that ARE NOT present in HoP v1.1. This will be made otherwise starting with HoP v1.2.

EDIT:

Download Mirrors:

Ironkeep Studios Website (http://www.ikgstudios.com/ik/downloads.html)
WoG (http://www.worldofgothic.com/dl/?go=dlfile&fileid=153)
The Patches Scrolls (http://www.patches-scrolls.de/gothic2.php#10)
Filefront (http://files.filefront.com/icp+v10+setupexe/;13732543;/fileinfo.html)
Gamezone (http://downloads.gamezone.com/demos/d27029.htm)
Gamershell (http://www.gamershell.com/download_45240.shtml)
StrategyInformer (http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/patches/gothicii/patch.html)
MegaGames (http://www.megagames.com/news/show.cgi?&idtype=patches&database=1195&section=downloads&)
AtomicGamer (http://www.atomicgamer.com/file.php?id=78202)

Regards,

The IronKeep Studios Team.

Changelog:
_____Patch v 1.0______

- Fixed several text and dialogue errors.
- Certain Lines in Vatras & Lares' dialogue are now in English.
- Appraising your Goldmining Ability is now in English.
- A few more XP Bonuses.
- On the quest to get Thorben's approval, getting a blessing from Isgaroth now gives you a 100 XP bonus.
- The Stunt Bonus is now 1000 XP.
- Joining Morgan's and/or Henry's Raiding Troop now grants a 50 XP Bonus.
- Toughened up the Black Wolf of the Novice Quest, Boars & Field Raiders now yield 100 XP when killed, Ice Wolves now yield 250 XP.
- Fire Devils, and Shadowbeast Skeletons are now slightly tougher.
- Bartok is tougher, so it's less difficult to keep him alive on the "Furs for Bosper" Quest.
- Giant Rats are tougher than Young Giant Rats. Wolves, Minecrawlers, Bloodflies, Snappers, and Razors now have stats similar to Gothic I.
- Lares can now provide the Simple Way to join all 3 guilds.
- Fixed the notorious "Stuck Ornament Bug" with Lares.
- Fixed a bug with the Bandit's Tower Quest.
- Fixed the bug where the Dragons occasionally yield no trophies.
- The Orc Attack Video no longer crashes the game.

Tolknaz
10.05.2009, 20:33
Great news! Although i don't really see Gothic 2 as an especially buggy game after the add-on and the official patches, it does have its fair share issues. While i'm not exactly sure how much you can do about this with tools you have right now, one issue that bothers me personally, is the way the game handles widescreen resolutions. After you load a savegame, the picture is stretched, until you talk to a npc. This seems to reset the camera somehow and the picture is not stretched anymore. That is until you load another savegame. Strangely Gothic I does not seem to have this bug.

Larisa
10.05.2009, 20:38
one issue that bothers me personally, is the way the game handles widescreen resolutions.

Maybe this fix might solve your problem:
http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=441131

Korianous
10.05.2009, 20:42
Great news! Although i don't really see Gothic 2 as an especially buggy game after the add-on and the official patches, it does have its fair share issues. While i'm not exactly sure how much you can do about this with tools you have right now, one issue that bothers me personally, is the way the game handles widescreen resolutions. After you load a savegame, the picture is stretched, until you talk to a npc. This seems to reset the camera somehow and the picture is not stretched anymore. That is until you load another savegame. Strangely Gothic I does not seem to have this bug.

Thanks for the response! We aim to do as much as we can, we are looking into fixing many things that are still quirky engine-wise. FOV issues are among the things we want to fix ;).

EDIT-

@Larisa- that patch might actually conflict with ours, since we are making changes to the camera.dat.

vytaz111
16.05.2009, 16:20
Gothic2-Notr is not buggy but it still a great work with patch.Please fix Gothic 1 it has much more bugs.I even can tell almost all bugs because i completed G1 20TIMES.

Merwanor
16.05.2009, 17:11
I remember one thing that should be removed from the game. I dont remember where exactly but when i played G2 NotR i found Myxirs dead body in a cave, and a note that i do not recall what was about. i think it was a cave pretty far to the north.

This is odd because he is still alive in NotR if i am not completly wrong. He is atleast alive in G3.

Korianous
16.05.2009, 17:13
Gothic2-Notr is not buggy but it still a great work with patch.Please fix Gothic 1 it has much more bugs.I even can tell almost all bugs because i completed G1 20TIMES.

Hi,

Atm we have no plans to fix Gothic 1, sorry mate :(.

I remember one thing that should be removed from the game. I dont remember where exactly but when i played G2 NotR i found Myxirs dead body in a cave, and a note that i do not recall what was about. i think it was a cave pretty far to the north.

This is odd because he is still alive in NotR if i am not completly wrong. He is atleast alive in G3.

I believe you went to the cave where unneeded NPCs are sent. You're not technically supposed to see it ;).

Thanks for the positive response, it's a huge motivator ;). If you find new bugs from the patch, or a bug we didn't fix you would like addressed, please don't hesitate to post in the bugtracker thread. Thanks all.

- Korianous

Mage of Adanos
17.05.2009, 05:52
Having only played the Night of the Raven (not the original, my version came in the Gothic Universe pack), I played as a Mage but found the incremental demands of increasing mana with each chapter a little unfair.

To have to sacrifice 25 XP for 5 pts of mana in chapter 5 was downright silly. I could understand restricting other classes from increasing that stat easily, but for a mage? Any chance of tweaking that?

Tratos
17.05.2009, 10:16
Having only played the Night of the Raven (not the original, my version came in the Gothic Universe pack), I played as a Mage but found the incremental demands of increasing mana with each chapter a little unfair.

To have to sacrifice 25 XP for 5 pts of mana in chapter 5 was downright silly. I could understand restricting other classes from increasing that stat easily, but for a mage? Any chance of tweaking that?

Dito. I find the mage path to be ridiculously hard. Especially, now that the stats have been tuned for the warrior/ranger class. I understand that NotR must be a challenge, but when it's too hard, it just kills the fun.

That being said, these patches only fix the game - we try to keep additions to a minimum. HoP/CSI are content mods - that's where you'll find content on top of fixes.

When the next version of HoP - which is v1.2 - is released, all of ICPs changes and some content is likely to be added. That would be your best bet regarding mage mana costs.

Korianous
17.05.2009, 14:40
Dito. I find the mage path to be ridiculously hard. Especially, now that the stats have been tuned for the warrior/ranger class. I understand that NotR must be a challenge, but when it's too hard, it just kills the fun.

That being said, these patches only fix the game - we try to keep additions to a minimum. HoP/CSI are content mods - that's where you'll find content on top of fixes.

When the next version of HoP - which is v1.2 - is released, all of ICPs changes and some content is likely to be added. That would be your best bet regarding mage mana costs.

I third this PoV. We are trying to keep the content additions to as little as possible, but if there is a demand, we can incorporate fixes to make playing as a mage a tad easier. I first designed HoP to make playing as a mage easier, it's really unfair in NOTR.

4ltair
19.05.2009, 03:53
I am curently playing Gothic 2 N.o.t.R. with CP 1.0.
First thing i noticed was that when i spoked with Vatras, he was telling me "Let us sumarize" but the subtitle was in german.
The second thing is that is no difference betwen Young Giant Rats and Giant Rats.
The third thing is that the Young Wolves are a bit too strong with 25 Str and 50 Hp.

Korianous
19.05.2009, 04:02
I am curently playing Gothic 2 N.o.t.R. with CP 1.0.

Glad to hear it ;).

First thing i noticed was that when i spoked with Vatras, he was telling me "Let us sumarize" but the subtitle was in german.

Check the .exe and ou.bin. Also, if the ou.dat file still exists, try renaming and/or deleting it.

The second thing is that is no difference betwen Young Giant Rats and Giant Rats.

No problem, a hotfix is upcoming, in which we will handle reported issues. Thanks for letting us know ;).

The third thing is that the Young Wolves are a bit too strong with 25 Str and 50 Hp.

We rebalanced them to be exactly half the strength of Wolves. They should give you a hard time, and remind you of exactly how weak you have gotten since Gothic 1's conclusion ;).

4ltair
19.05.2009, 04:36
^Ok.
What i would like to see in N.o.t.R. are some crossbows and some bows with skill bonuses, but that might be beyond the point of a CP.
Another thing is the random number of Goblin Berries in each game.I know there are 17 in the entire game plus the ones you find on the paladins.The last ones are a pain in the a¤¤ because of their randomness, witch is really fustrating when planning an archer in Hardcore.

Tratos
19.05.2009, 22:20
What i would like to see in N.o.t.R. are some crossbows and some bows with skill bonuses, but that might be beyond the point of a CP.

Check Heights of Power and you might change your mind. ;)

Korianous
20.05.2009, 02:20
Check Heights of Power and you might change your mind. ;)

Our hotfix might pleasantly surprise you as well :).

4ltair
20.05.2009, 04:55
I know HoP, i just wanted the bow/crossbow without the extras.
Regarding CP 1, when i played Gothic 1 a lurker yielded 170 exp, in Gothic 2 is still 120.
Lately i keep getting an error about missing a sound file, error wich appear when i try to sleep, usualy when i am in Khorinis, happened twice when i used Constantio's bed.I will make a screenshot next time when i will get it.Don't konw if it can be fixed, or it's something that happens on my computer only.
Anyways, great job with the CP, you managed to add new things without ruinning the balance.Keep it like this in the future and i will be a very happy man :).

rhaz
20.05.2009, 17:22
I have this problem with gothic (both 1 and 2) while running on windows Vista... for some unknown reason, the in-game music doesn't play and some ingame movies, as well as the intro (piranha bytes/jowood intro clip) are displayed in black and only the sound plays... Is this happening because the games don't support vista, and can something be done about that? thank you

4ltair
20.05.2009, 18:53
^
The problem with the sound does have a fix on this forum, i just don't know the exact thread, i am browsing from my phone, i just know it is a thread in Gothic Help, search "sound error " there.
As for the video, disable video scaling in the gothic.ini.
Sorry for the off topic.

Tratos
20.05.2009, 22:31
I know HoP, i just wanted the bow/crossbow without the extras.

The thing is, the crossbow thingy would be an extra. Those few additions were capital exceptions and I am fighting Korianous not to include any content. The CPs are purely for fixing the game without "modding" it.

4ltair
21.05.2009, 00:23
That is how i see a CP too, even if i would like the crossbow.
Like you said, it should be a firm line between a CP and a mod.It's hard to add new things and balance the rest of the game acordingly without changing it too much.
If the bow/crossbow thing is to be done, then it should be optional to instal it.

Tratos
21.05.2009, 11:04
Just check HoP/CSI. These mods include the ICP changes and ALSO add stuff. HoP is our current thing. Soon we will stop working on it and turn to CSI, which will contain ICP, HoP and of course some new content.

Korianous
21.05.2009, 12:23
Just check HoP/CSI. These mods include the ICP changes and ALSO add stuff. HoP is our current thing. Soon we will stop working on it and turn to CSI, which will contain ICP, HoP and of course some new content.

That's basically what I would suggest. What we can do is include an optional .vdf install that includes the HoP content, as an optional rebalance ;). However, a lot of what we thought was excessive (XP bonuses that were too high, etc.), has been largely scaled back with the latest 1.2 version.

4ltair
21.05.2009, 13:48
What i mean is that N.o.t.R. with HoP is almost a "different" game.I just wanted the crossbow without the modifications of HoP, but, like i said earlyer that might be beyond the point of a CP.

Tratos
21.05.2009, 14:14
What i mean is that N.o.t.R. with HoP is almost a "different" game.I just wanted the crossbow without the modifications of HoP, but, like i said earlyer that might be beyond the point of a CP.

Indeed. It'd be like making custom semi-modded versions for every single player. I think we'll have just two things: CP - all the fixes and the mods - all the fixes and all the content.

Mayaam
21.05.2009, 15:46
Indeed. It'd be like making custom semi-modded versions for every single player. I think we'll have just two things: CP - all the fixes and the mods - all the fixes and all the content.

+

but I see things from HOP that maybe should be added to CP, and they wont change gameplay very much, such as:

- Joining the Militia now adds +10% to all your weapon talents, Joining the Mercenaries now grants a +15 bonus to your Strength/Dexterity, Joining the Monastery gives you a +25 Mana Bonus - very nice idea, just like bonuses from Daron when you are neutral, so why not when joining guild.

- The Dragons are now truly fearsome adversaries, the weakest of them has been made nearly as tough as the Undead Dragon (...) - well, dragons should be hardest to kill anyway.

- Actual Orcs behind the Orc Wall - seems logical, even after some chatter in VOM castle.

- Elixirs of Strength/Dexterity offer a +5 bonus - just like in classic Gothic 2, it would save some LP for less important stuff, like hunting/potion skills.
or
- Costs less LP to learn certain special skills (ie hunting, alchemy, etc.)

What you think?

BTW when you plan to release new ICP aka hotfix?
Keep up great job!

Regards.

rhaz
21.05.2009, 16:54
^
The problem with the sound does have a fix on this forum, i just don't know the exact thread, i am browsing from my phone, i just know it is a thread in Gothic Help, search "sound error " there.
As for the video, disable video scaling in the gothic.ini.
Sorry for the off topic.

Thank you so much for the quick answer...it worked by the way...The page is in english (check bottom issue) and points to a DL page in german, but shouldn't be too much trouble to guess around: the link to the thread is this one (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=92547), in case someone else has the same problem and needs the help. Again, sorry for the offtopic, but it seemed to be in relation to the scope of community patches/adressed issues §wink

Korianous
21.05.2009, 20:24
@Mayaam/4ltair: We are experimenting with introducing an optional rebalance/content patch in addition to the pure bugfixes.

As to the release date, we will release the hotfix as soon as we're sure it hasn't broken anything else. If you, or anyone else wants to contribute and hasten our release date, we are beginning to accept beta testers. If you are interested, please send me a PM ;).

Alecs
08.06.2009, 12:14
i saw that the bars didn't move for a long time, how is it going with the projects?§wink

Tratos
08.06.2009, 20:09
i saw that the bars didn't move for a long time, how is it going with the projects?§wink

Project UX is certainly moving, the latest patch(es) - ask Kori. Can't really mov'em, cause he tells me when to.

Korianous
09.06.2009, 01:27
Bars are typically moved as milestones are reached. When the next one will be, I couldn't tell ya for sure ;).

deama
14.06.2009, 11:27
so you guys are gonna release a newer patch any time soon??

Korianous
14.06.2009, 14:11
so you guys are gonna release a newer patch any time soon??

Actually we're compiling the last build right now, so it should be out sometime in the next week or so.

deama
14.06.2009, 14:16
what does it fix though

Korianous
14.06.2009, 15:12
what does it fix though

Camera/AI Values, as well as a few residual script bugs. We've also created an optional "Alternative Balancing" system.

deama
14.06.2009, 15:13
can it fix my prob

Alecs
25.06.2009, 10:51
I saw that you are at 99 percent, are you going to release it this week?

Korianous
25.06.2009, 13:39
Could be ^^.

MatTheCat
27.06.2009, 23:37
Is there a German language version of this patch or does it fit all?

Thanks.

Alecs
28.06.2009, 10:03
this patch is for all the languages;)

Cairn
22.10.2011, 21:38
Hi,

Atm we have no plans to fix Gothic 1, sorry mate :(.

I believe you went to the cave where unneeded NPCs are sent. You're not technically supposed to see it ;).

I doubt it. The same thing happened to me. I can tell you exactly which cave it was. On the cave map, on the directly northern position of the map, there are three caves staggered nearby each other. They are the most northern caves on the map except for the cave east of the Black Troll. The cave east of the black troll is farther north, but it is in a more northeast location on the cave map, whereas the three caves I'm referring to are located on the most direct northern position of the map. These three caves sit southwest of the black troll on the cave map.

The middle one, and the more southern of the three caves is the one I found Myxir's dead body in.

On foot: When Lares accompanies you to get the ornament from the stone circle in the woods, if you continue up the path a very small amount past the stone circle and just past where the Wargs were, look to the left and you will see stairs. Go up, then right up more stairs, then turn left. You will see a cave with skeletons inside. The first room provides two passages to follow. When you take the left passage, you will go through one or two sections and come to a chest in the final room. When you take the right passage, you will come to another fork with a passage to the left and a room to the right. The passage to the left is the hall in which I see Myxir's dead body. When you search his corpse, you will see a "piece of paper." When you take it and try to read it, it makes the paper noise and then simply disappears, and nothing else happens.

If you are in Chapter 4 already, there will be lizard men a couple sections up.

Now, I tested this. I looked at his corpse, took everything on it, and then I teleported back to the Khorinis and found Myxir praying to Adanos while Valtras preached the wonders of Adanos. I even spoke to Myxir to prove that he wasn't dead, and sure enough, it's like his body was never in that cave.

I remember on an earlier occasion, when I first discovered this, I was actually doing on a cheat-mode killing spree where I was killing anything and everything I could find. I continued past the Myxir corpse and killed everything and anything. Then when I came back, Merderon, or whatever his name is, corpse was there on top of the Myxir corpse. Both had a "piece of paper" that disappeared as soon as I tried to read it.

I wondered if I ran off and came back a couple more times if more water mage bodies would have appeared. But I didn't test that because I was just about done with my rampage and was ready to reload and play the game. Also, I just now decided to take down that cave in my real game. I was scared up to this point because I wasn't sure if a glitch was inadvertently killing off the water mages. I guess it wasn't. I just hope that I don't find in chapter 5 or several overwritten saves later that the glitch did indeed kill off the water mages, but only late rather than right away.

Nisarg
23.10.2011, 12:44
No, no, it really is somewhere you aren't supposed to be. The only problem is the PB actually made an entrance to the caves instead of just hiding them somewhere. And the dead Myxir is the version that's supposed to be in Jharkendar, not Khorinis.

Tratos
29.10.2011, 00:15
NPCs don't travel between "worlds". When a transfer is required, the old NPC is killed and moved to that cave and a new one is created in the new world.

Frank-95
03.02.2012, 18:12
sorry but with all these topics i cannot understand anything more.

If i had gothic II gold 2.6 which mod, the one with more features, should i download? the community patch 2.1, the heights of power or the gothic 2 gold v1?

Thank you