PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Risen - Cooperative Multiplayer

SnuffleKitty
06.05.2009, 18:08
I know it's really very early in the development cycle, and there isn't much news out yet, but has there been any word on whether or not Risen will support cooperative multiplayer? Basically, coop is going to make or break this game for me. I'm not going to be buying Dragon Age; no coop. I never finished Oblivion, or Fallout 3, because there was no coop in either game, and there were other games to play WITH my friends. I mean I know that we can go back and forth on this all day, whether or not a game like this needs coop.

Let's jut cut to the chase here; either you have friends with whom you play games, and you'd like to see coop in Risen, or you don't have those sort of friends, and you don't care whether or not the feature is in the game (Though why so many of these aforementioned recluses feel the need to ruin it for the rest of us is beyond me. Every single time someone calls out a developer on having not included coop in it's game, the developer points out the "fact" that people who want the feature are in the "MINORITY". It's like saying that if you don't have friends with whom to play, nobody else should be able to play with their friends either. Selfish prats).

All I want to know is whether or not there has been any word on whether or not the game will have coop.

-Snuffles

Kostaz
06.05.2009, 18:38
Dear SnuffleKitty,

Risen will not have co-op.
We don't want co-op

Sincerely,
Most WoR members

P.s. I think that most people will agree

ElectricDragon
06.05.2009, 18:48
I agree with Kostaz. Co-op in my opinion isnt usefull idea

Powaz
06.05.2009, 18:52
Co-op fits for arcade games, but not for RPG's. And especially not for Piranha Bytes games. Why? Because co-op would destroy the overall feeling and atmosphere of the game, the immersion would be killed.;)

By the way, Welcome to the boards. :gratz

SimDuch
06.05.2009, 19:41
yeah coop are good for Fast Action Rpg's (Hack 'n slash most of the time) but for a real RPG like Risen, time and exploration are the key here, so sorry, but no coop for you...§wink:dnuhr:

Pascal(Xardas)
06.05.2009, 19:48
As far as I remember, we had this discussion already in the German forum. Risen won't have a Coorp mode, this is officially confirmed. I also would not want to have it in Risen. After Gothic III, PB should 'rehabilitate', also this project would be too big at the moment (imo). Besides, we do not know the history of Risen at all. I am not sure whether a Coorp mode would made sense.
And: The value of a game shouldn't depend only on Coorp!

Greets
Pascal!

Maladiq
06.05.2009, 19:48
Dear SnuffleKitty,

We don't want co-op

Sincerely,
Most WoR members

Nothing more to be said:)

Larisa
06.05.2009, 20:13
I know it's really very early in the development cycle

I think it's past 'very early'. :)

TheDoctor
06.05.2009, 20:18
Dear SnuffleKitty,

I really do hope that Risen will have co-op.
I really do want co-op.

Sincerely,
The Good Doctor

P.s. I think that most people will agree because people have been waiting for the online multiplayer mod for Gothic 1 for ages and as it was wanted for the Gothic games I am sure it is wanted for Risen. I would love to have a multiplayer option like this. Ever played Burnout Paradise online? All the main events are locked and all you do is run around and have fun with your friends in the world. Does not affect the game, is optional, is fun, is worth it. I'd love this for Risen. I'd love this for Gothic.

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=189871

Kostaz
06.05.2009, 23:17
Dear SnuffleKitty,

I really do hope that Risen will have co-op.
I really do want co-op.

Sincerely,
The Good Doctor

I'm really not surprised as you are a console gamer,not offense intended.

Zocky
06.05.2009, 23:27
actually, i don't think Risen/Gothic as online coop rpg would be that bad at all.

foobar
07.05.2009, 00:21
actually, i don't think Risen/Gothic as online coop rpg would be that bad at all.

Oh my god! Looks like Zocky is infected with WoWiness! Maybe it's not too late to save him! Quick, get me some packs of BG, a VtMB and two portions of PST. Hurry! We must at least try to save him before he turns into an ORPG-zombie! And get that shotgun ready in case we fail. Remember to aim for the head.

:D

steven7lin
07.05.2009, 03:18
Co-op fits for arcade games, but not for RPG's. And especially not for Piranha Bytes games. Why? Because co-op would destroy the overall feeling and atmosphere of the game, the immersion would be killed.;)

By the way, Welcome to the boards. :gratz

I agree this description.

the plots of an online game can not fit all style PC.
I suppose the online gamer are major doing:
1. gamer-team-based combat
2. online chat

this violates the traditional ARPG spirit. :cool:

Oh my god! Looks like Zocky is infected with WoWiness! Maybe it's not too late to save him! Quick, get me some packs of BG, a VtMB and two portions of PST. Hurry! We must at least try to save him before he turns into an ORPG-zombie! And get that shotgun ready in case we fail. Remember to aim for the head.

:D:D:D

despite Zocky likes play ORPG, Zocky is still not a zombie.
playing ORPG is Zocky's right.
of course, I know this talking is for humor. :D

Talek
07.05.2009, 12:33
I can just imagine four main heroes which look exactly the same running around and the merchants telling them -- havent I just seen you turn around that corner? Never mind...

But seriously, I agree with the majority of wor posters a.k.a. what Kostaz said. Everyone has the right to desire, but guys, Piranha Bytes excels in 1P games, ESPECIALLY now since the storyline lacked in G3.

&& MMORPGs are just a way to gain money. & to make humans into zombies, playing games 24/7. 1P RPs are meant to create a cool atmosphere which we all can enjoy despite our wishes and disagreements.

&& for those who want a co-op, World of Players is advertising Fallen Angel. Seriously, leave Risen & Gothic series as it is. ORPGs are quickly overpowering our gaming community, so we must retain at least a few awesome RPs for us, 1P RP lovers.

steven7lin
07.05.2009, 15:08
I can just imagine four main heroes which look exactly the same running around and the merchants telling them -- havent I just seen you turn around that corner? Never mind...

But seriously, I agree with the majority of wor posters a.k.a. what Kostaz said. Everyone has the right to desire, but guys, Piranha Bytes excels in 1P games, ESPECIALLY now since the storyline lacked in G3.

&& MMORPGs are just a way to gain money. & to make humans into zombies, playing games 24/7. 1P RPs are meant to create a cool atmosphere which we all can enjoy despite our wishes and disagreements.

&& for those who want a co-op, World of Players is advertising Fallen Angel. Seriously, leave Risen & Gothic series as it is. ORPGs are quickly overpowering our gaming community, so we must retain at least a few awesome RPs for us, 1P RP lovers.

hey, man. I think you are a bit serious for the thing. though I always only love classic single ARPG/RPG. ;)

but I don't concern an ORPG as a bad thing, though I can not understand what the charm of an ORPG is? :dnuhr:

no matter single player games or ORPGs, I think we can not donate all our time in it... well, we won't become a zombie after all...:D, though it harms our health. I think that is proper about 6~7 hours a week, since we have a job or need study during week. :)

RobinHood 13.
07.05.2009, 15:08
Multiplayer doesn't fit the game type at all.
Oblivion and Fallout are crappy games, but I think Dragon Age will be a great one.
Try G2 NOTR, that's a true single player rpg. Graphics will probably give the game a bad first impression, but if you continue to play, youll find it's very good.

Burnout Paradise is a horrible game. Got bored after 20 mins, and it's all the same.
Only racing game I've really liked is diddy kong racing 64.

steven7lin
07.05.2009, 15:24
Multiplayer doesn't fit the game type at all.
Oblivion and Fallout are crappy games, but I think Dragon Age will be a great one.
Try G2 NOTR, that's a true single player rpg. Graphics will probably give the game a bad first impression, but if you continue to play, youll find it's very good.

Burnout Paradise is a horrible game. Got bored after 20 mins, and it's all the same.
Only racing game I've really liked is diddy kong racing 64.

Dragon Age...indeed. though their mage setting disappoints me, if you have a look the templar talent--"holy smite". :(

and personally, I am not going to pick DA:O, because I still have my faith and dream to be a great mage. :)

RobinHood 13.
07.05.2009, 20:42
Atleast I know Dragon Age videos are really good http://dragonage.bioware.com/gallery.html#videos
Watch "The grey wardens" movie. Isn't the music just awesome?
This game seems to have music that only a few movies can surpass.

This game is from the makers of KOTR (Knight of The Old Republic) which also have created mass effect. Notice it's only the 1st KOTR game we talk about.
Mass Effect had a good and especially very interacting story, it did feel abit like wathcing a movie. The other part showed clearly this game had been developed for a console, and everything was made simpler.
Dragon Age is meant more for pc, and baldurs gate makers are also a part of creating Dragon Age, which is far from simplistic.

TheDoctor
07.05.2009, 21:25
I'm really not surprised as you are a console gamer,not offense intended.

I do not see the logic, I never play online on my PS3, except for few games (like Crash Commando wich is an online game). I think too few games really appeal to online gameplay, but Risen does. Imagine having a duel with another player with each and own stats, or running together slaying enemies in a dungeon.. or whatever. It would be cool.

Just lock the main story and quests.

catalinux
07.05.2009, 21:42
Dear SnuffleKitty,

We don't want co-op

Sincerely,
Most WoR members

Damn... I suppose I am most people... And I always felt about me that I am so special and unique :(

TheDoctor
07.05.2009, 22:22
Damn... I suppose I am most people... And I always felt about me that I am so special and unique :(

What's that to you when you can't share your character (stats) with the world? ;)

Zocky
07.05.2009, 23:06

hehehe :P

Actually, never tryed nor cared about WoW or any other online game, but i did play BG2. :P

But think about it a bit. Imagen all those npc's in old camp for example, and imagen they were true players, flesh and blood. Not really too diffrent then it is right now, so i think it would be rether ok as mmo.

steven7lin
08.05.2009, 03:05
Atleast I know Dragon Age videos are really good http://dragonage.bioware.com/gallery.html#videos
Watch "The grey wardens" movie. Isn't the music just awesome?
This game seems to have music that only a few movies can surpass.

This game is from the makers of KOTR (Knight of The Old Republic) which also have created mass effect. Notice it's only the 1st KOTR game we talk about.
Mass Effect had a good and especially very interacting story, it did feel abit like wathcing a movie. The other part showed clearly this game had been developed for a console, and everything was made simpler.
Dragon Age is meant more for pc, and baldurs gate makers are also a part of creating Dragon Age, which is far from simplistic.

I was in the DA:O forum quite a long time. the author is BioWare.

personally, I love the class--mage. and I disappoint the mage setting in DA:O very much.

mages in BG and BG2 are powerful, though there are some anti-mage classes, but mages still have great chance to challenge the anti-mage classes.

...but since "Never Winter Night", I have noticed there is a class--"Monk", who can "immune" any mage's spells, if the monk's level is high enough...but since you can play solo(other team members are not necessary), I don't feel a mage's belittling strong.

...until DA:O, the setting of the templars, the Chantry and the mage circle do belittle a mage...previously, I was thinking that it is just the beginning setting, it will be different in the game later, because my PC mage is a PC. but when I discover that BioWare is toward to make that a templar is a mage's overwhelmer in high level, I realize BioWare dislike the class--"mage".

so I leave BioWare forum, and seek other good games which fit my relish. :)

hehehe :P

Actually, never tryed nor cared about WoW or any other online game, but i did play BG2. :P

But think about it a bit. Imagen all those npc's in old camp for example, and imagen they were true players, flesh and blood. Not really too diffrent then it is right now, so i think it would be rether ok as mmo.

if you have the interest to interact with other players, it is a good thing.
but you often have to sacrifice your money to support an ORPG. :D

UR1Z13L
08.05.2009, 11:55
We really don't need coop for reasons other than modding because having friends watching you play and taking turns is fun enough

afak modding will be hard but having multiplayer already built in to some degree will save a lot of time(the g1 coop would have been completed by now).

foobar
08.05.2009, 12:03
Imagen all those npc's in old camp for example, and imagen they were true players, flesh and blood.

Ok, I'm imagining...

Am I supposed to realise something now? ;) Because I do not understand why I would want to replace a set of computer generated morons with real ones. The virtual ones will at least stick to the script. And I play games to follow the story, not to sit by a camp fire in a virtual world with friends. That's what the real world is there for.

So I'm afraid I have to line up with "most WoR users". :)

TheDoctor
08.05.2009, 12:19
I think we should have a co-operative mode in the style of the Gothic Online Project (see link in an earlier post).

Argenguy
09.05.2009, 01:00
What about a duel and deathmatch modes for Lan parties. Just pic a character, customize his skills, choose the gear and fight.

Gaminator
09.05.2009, 07:09
What about a duel and deathmatch modes for Lan parties. Just pic a character, customize his skills, choose the gear and fight.

What for? Gothic series soul is easily felt in Risen. I have alwas been against including multiplayer in such games. Fighting via internet isn't a good idea because of the quality of game. They should focus on a great story and important technical details! If we want to coop we can run another game, if we like to fight on PC we should change it to X360 :P

In my opinion, Risen should ONLY be a single player, but if some sort of multiplayer(no matter what :D ) is included I will still buy the game.

catalinux
09.05.2009, 10:17
grow up risen will never have a multiplayer :P you think PB or DS could spend another year or so to develop a multiplayer? :P it's a matter of time/costs not technical issues or game philosophy

Kraszu
09.05.2009, 11:33
Well Baldurs gate had lan co-op that was just going through sp game, that could be nice when you have two people that like the same games/have 2 pc in lan, it is so hard to do?

TheDoctor
09.05.2009, 12:54
grow up risen will never have a multiplayer :P you think PB or DS could spend another year or so to develop a multiplayer? :P it's a matter of time/costs not technical issues or game philosophy
First, you're illogical. If Risen were to have a multiplayer mode, it would already be under development, and possibly already done since beginning of development of the game. Second, I doubt you're in any position to estimate the time or resources to develop such a system anyways. Third, do you know that they do not have the time or resources? No, you have no idea.

Fourth, you're the one to grow up. Stop immaturizing opinions which do not match your own.

I don't see the problem you guys have on this. If there would be a multiplayer option, there is nothing to say that you would need to use it. If you want to play SP, go ahead, but to deny the option for others to go online if they want to, doesn't even make sense. What's the problem? A multiplayer option would not automatically turn Risen into an MMORPG. :dnuhr:

foobar
09.05.2009, 13:01
Third, do you know that they do not have the time or resources? No, you have no idea.

Considering a manpower of about 20 and the fact that they even had to forfeit swimming, diving and some other interesting stuff, I think it can be safely assumed that they really do not have the resources for a multiplayer version. At least not if you do not want the singleplayer part to suffer from it.

TheDoctor
09.05.2009, 14:48
Considering a manpower of about 20 and the fact that they even had to forfeit swimming, diving and some other interesting stuff, I think it can be safely assumed that they really do not have the resources for a multiplayer version. At least not if you do not want the singleplayer part to suffer from it.

That depends on DeepSilver, since it would be them who would create the multiplayer version (if I'm not mistaken). And you can't really compare gameplay elements with MP/SP. While swimming might contradict to the whole world as an interactive place, multiplayer would not as it does not interact with the world in the same way.

And don't forget.. they added climbing this time. ;)

Bastardo
09.05.2009, 15:05
Imagen all those npc's in old camp for example, and imagen they were true players, flesh and blood.Everyone running around like mad and talking like in a chatroom?

Yeah, why don't destroy all the storytelling from a game that got it right for once?

catalinux
09.05.2009, 16:36
While swimming might contradict to the whole world as an interactive place, [...]

What? You remember the old Xardas tower where you get that special piece of armor? How did you get there? Flying? Teleporting yourself?

And don't forget.. they added climbing this time. ;)

Oh yes what a consolation!

I guess foobar already answered the questions you had for me :)

Dykunas
09.05.2009, 17:02
Why would anyone want a multiplayer mode in a game that mainly revolves around a good story and immersive atmosphere. Risen won't have a very complex and fun fighting system, as you see in other games with multiplayer option.

The online part doesn't really have any potential in Risen, so i see these kinds of discusions pretty pointless :dnuhr: .

TheDoctor
09.05.2009, 18:17
What? You remember the old Xardas tower where you get that special piece of armor? How did you get there? Flying? Teleporting yourself?
You misunderstood me.. adding swimming, you have to shape a whole world underwater to adjust to that function, just as the environment around every lake and swimmable area in the world. Simply removing that freedom saves a lot of time making such adjustments.

Swimming is an interaction with the world - playing online is not. That's what I meant.

Oh yes what a consolation!

I guess foobar already answered the questions you had for me :)
'What' to both.

Why would anyone want a multiplayer mode in a game that mainly revolves around a good story and immersive atmosphere. Risen won't have a very complex and fun fighting system, as you see in other games with multiplayer option.

The online part doesn't really have any potential in Risen, so i see these kinds of discusions pretty pointless :dnuhr: .Remove the story-part and you have your answer. It'd be like freeburning in Burnout Paradise - all events (quests, story, red line etc) are locked, and you're free to do whatever you want since it does not affect the game.

Just kill the quests, kill the story, kill NPC-PLAYER-dialogues, and there you have it. Don't change the rest of the world and you have a perfect setting to explore with your friends online. I'd love to go hunting, exploring or whatever together with other Risen players on different levels. As an option.

Dykunas
09.05.2009, 18:44
Remove the story-part and you have your answer. It'd be like freeburning in Burnout Paradise - all events (quests, story, red line etc) are locked, and you're free to do whatever you want since it does not affect the game.

Just kill the quests, kill the story, kill NPC-PLAYER-dialogues, and there you have it. Don't change the rest of the world and you have a perfect setting to explore with your friends online. I'd love to go hunting, exploring or whatever together with other Risen players on different levels. As an option.

Yeah, but what's the point of that, you miss out on the best part of the game, and the result is an inferrior online experience as opposed to multiplayer orientated games that are designed for that purpose. Why would you want to play a watered down version of Risen?

aqwerty
09.05.2009, 19:05
You misunderstood me.. adding swimming, you have to shape a whole world underwater to adjust to that function, just as the environment around every lake and swimmable area in the world. Simply removing that freedom saves a lot of time making such adjustments.

Swimming is an interaction with the world - playing online is not. That's what I meant.

'What' to both.
Remove the story-part and you have your answer. It'd be like freeburning in Burnout Paradise - all events (quests, story, red line etc) are locked, and you're free to do whatever you want since it does not affect the game.

Sorry but i wouldn't.
Gothic was always fun because of the story,atmosphere and fun quests.
I often got bored in big quests that involve a lot of killing.

for example killing the 4 dragons in G2 was so boring, whenever i replay the game this is where i usually stop playing, while the first chapter where you join a fraction gives me the most pleasure.

If it wasn't for leveling up i wouldn't mind not killing a single creature, it stops being fun very quickly.

While i wouldn't mind a coop online mode, i wouldn't want it to affect the single player (and you can't say it wouldn't, it always does).

TheDoctor
09.05.2009, 19:07
Yeah, but what's the point of that, you miss out on the best part of the game
How on earth did you reach that conclusion. Of course you do not.

and the result is an inferrior online experience as opposed to multiplayer orientated games that are designed for that purpose. Why would you want to play a watered down version of Risen?Because I get to play cooperative with friends, which is always fun. And also, I get to compare my own character to others, fight side by side or against eachother - something which is always nice to RPG games.

It's not a watered down version of risen, it's a mode beside the single-player one.
While i wouldn't mind a coop online mode, i wouldn't want it to affect the single player (and you can't say it wouldn't, it always does).
Why must it? I imagine "Play online" as an option in the menu, completely seperated from the single-player mode with the only exception being that your character is used for online play. You take your character, you connect with a friend, you run around and do stuff in the world, without it affecting anything in the 'real game'.

TheDoctor
09.05.2009, 19:20
I'll try and describe my vision of online play in Risen just to make it clear what I think. First off, I wouldn't want Risen to become an MMORPG, so that's completely off the chart. Secondly, I wouldn't want SP and MP merged, like you could let your friend into your game to help you kill a difficult boss (or whatever) - that's just not right.

What I imagine is the following: You play SP like normal, going through story and quests, leveling up your character and progressing through the game. Just as it should be. Now, imagine saving and closing down your game, going back to the main menu and select "Multiplayer" mode (stay with me). You connect to whomever you wish to play with, after which the Risen world and your character loads as normal - only you cannot interact with NPCs or gain experience for your character.

If your character is, say, lvl 25 in SP mode, it's locked at that lvl in multiplayer mode. You can't get any new items nor lose any items. The gear in your SP save will be completely unchanged however you choose to use your inventory in MP mode. You can't talk to NPCs, but you could fight them. If you die, you respawn at a certain place. You have no way of affecting your SP save file - it's simply used as a reference for your character in MP mode.

That's more or less it. Like I said, Freeburning, in Risen. I think it would be a great option for us fans who'd like to compare our characters and skills with eachother, instead of posting character-status screens on forums and imagining who'd win a battle or whatever.. And I can't press that point enough: I'd like it as an option, meaning you could choose to use the MP mode or not to use it.

Dykunas
09.05.2009, 19:21
Because I get to play cooperative with friends, which is always fun. And also, I get to compare my own character to others, fight side by side or against eachother - something which is always nice to RPG games.

The term mmorpg comes to mind, you might want to try one of those. But hey, whatever floats your boat, you can DREAM on about this co-op mode, cause it ain't gonna happen. :)

TheDoctor
09.05.2009, 19:23
The term mmorpg comes to mind, you might want to try one of those. But hey, whatever floats your boat, you can DREAM on about this co-op mode, cause it ain't gonna happen. :)

Actually, I hate MMORPGs, and that's not even close to what I've been describing. You have to make a difference between ORPGs, MMORPGs and RPGs with online elements or modes. I think the closest example of what I am describing would be Diablo II - although I believe that in Diablo II, the online and singleplayer modes are merged. Is that correct?

Anyways, read the description in my last post.

Dykunas
09.05.2009, 19:30
Actually, I hate MMORPGs, and that's not even close to what I've been describing. You have to make a difference between ORPGs, MMORPGs and RPGs with online elements or modes. I think the closest example of what I am describing would be Diablo II - although I believe that in Diablo II, the online and singleplayer modes are merged. Is that correct?

Anyways, read the description in my last post.

The only thing separating Diablo from let's say World of Warcraft, is the word massive. You have a bunch of servers (hosted by players) with pretty much the same gameplay as a normal mmorpg - almost no story, no consiquences coming from your choices and mostly running around grinding for loot, or going into pvp fests.

TheDoctor
09.05.2009, 19:40
The only thing separating Diablo from let's say World of Warcraft, is the word massive. You have a bunch of servers (hosted by players) with pretty much the same gameplay as a normal mmorpg - almost no story, no consiquences coming from your choices and mostly running around grinding for loot, or going into pvp fests.

But that's Diablo 1/2 in a nutshell. :rolleyes:

catalinux
09.05.2009, 22:32
If it wasn't for leveling up i wouldn't mind not killing a single creature, it stops being fun very quickly.

That's right. It was fun first time you encountered a creature. You discovered how strong it is, what tactic you have to use to defeat it, what rewards you get (experience, trophies). But after this... killing again and again another and another creature without any purpose except for leveling up... just boring. It was fun with the minecrawlers - you had to get the queen. you had a purpose. but killing for no reason... it makes no sense. Give me a task to find something - now we can talk about having fun!

Äquinoktium
10.05.2009, 14:50
I wouldn't mind some form of online, but if the devs said it won't be in, I think it's pretty pointless to discuss it. Probably takes too much time.

vivaxardas
10.05.2009, 20:56
I wouldn't mind some form of online, but if the devs said it won't be in, I think it's pretty pointless to discuss it. Probably takes too much time.

Exactly. I always find it amuzing that people discuss some feature of the game that does not exist, or won't exist. Like discussing what a color of non-existing unicorns of Risen should be in order to to fit an atmosphere of the volcanic island.

Maladiq
11.05.2009, 00:33
Exactly. I always find it amuzing that people discuss some feature of the game that does not exist, or won't exist. Like discussing what a color of non-existing unicorns of Risen should be in order to to fit an atmosphere of the volcanic island.

Pink with lime stripes :D

Seriously guys ((C) Cartman), do you know how much work does it take to program a multiplayer mode? Or how much does server maintenance cost?

Plus: Risen will sell at most 500 k copies (you know, new brand, moderate advertising). Without a monthly tax, I don't think multiplayer will be profitable. Well... maybe only if you allow creation of servers by players at the start of each game, but that would be a pain in the ass for players. So there you are: too much work, to little resources. Conlcusion: no multiplayer.

TheDoctor
11.05.2009, 07:08

Discussing it may show interest that we want it to be there. And so it may appear later on in form of a patch, or why not in Piranha Bytes' next game? And why not just debate for the hell of it, I always enjoy analyzing things, sharing my views and compare them to others. ;)

And don't forget, games with multiplayer functions generates interest for online-gamers. Some games that's been missing online modes has even received criticism in reviews for not having so. I think it will become more or less standard to have multiplayer modes in the long runt of games. Maybe, maybe not.

Michael Rüve
11.05.2009, 15:04
Seriously guys ((C) Cartman), do you know how much work does it take to program a multiplayer mode? Or how much does server maintenance cost?

Bear this in mind:
Multiplayer != MMO

Coop or DM LAN both do not require servers. But both DO require a very different game than we are making, so no coop or DM in Risen.

steven7lin
11.05.2009, 16:29
Bear this in mind:
Multiplayer != MMO

Coop or DM LAN both do not require servers. But both DO require a very different game than we are making, so no coop or DM in Risen.

now we get the conclusion. $ausheck

TheDoctor
13.05.2009, 11:16
Yep, but I hope they will consider it if they make another RPG.

Mage Master
15.05.2009, 09:40
depends on the the multiplayer type, it can be good. But any way I think that it will be fun to have a multiplayer like at least 5 years after the release so that most players could have beaten it till then, and the multiplayer to be an arena fight or some thing like that so that you can see which one is better in fighting you or your friends. But anyway I don't think that it needs 1, most great games have no multiplayer so it won't be needed.

Greu-ceanu
17.05.2009, 08:56
Dear SnuffleKitty,

We don't want co-op

Sincerely,
Most WoR members

Very well said ! I totally agree. OP go play coop on Halo or something .