PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : g2 - Magician of fire

DaneMan
01.04.2005, 12:29
In the last thread where i ask for help about the temple alot of people told me to try completing the game as Magician of fire.

So, i've scuttled the paladin i have and started all over, what are the up's and downs with a magician?

Where (except mana) should i put all my experiance?

Tips and tricks how to make a good mage?

Thanks!

Godcrusher
01.04.2005, 12:50
Whell you can put your exp. in teaching runes or learning to brew potins.
You can also try to put in in strenght or dexterity

rekinu
01.04.2005, 15:06
just play it and you will see... you will have to improve your mana and for creating runes you need several amount of EXP .(2 exp, 1 exp, 5 exp, etc., regarding the circle of fire that you are in and how powerfull is the rune...)
and for passing to another circle of fire... I think you will enjoy being an magician ... :p

Arthur Dent
01.04.2005, 18:15
I don't remember if it's for both or just NOTR, but combat skills become a lot more expensive after you join the monastery. Unless you want to play a pure mage, it's best to invest into some of those skills before you join up. I never played mage properly, but I recall that the weapons specifically available for that class were 2-handed.

Also the Innos shrines give different awards (mostly mana?) after you join up. They are probably best left until later. If you are not play NOTR this may not be too important.

KingOvi
02.04.2005, 21:52
I don't like as mage, i like sword playing.

Cathar the Great
02.04.2005, 23:24
i think a dexmage is pretty popular.

you invest enough points in dexterity to master-thingy (one of the swords that need dex, damn i could do with an english itemlist), and then you also skill your magical powers.

with that tactic, you can weaken enemies with magic, and then give them the death-blow with the sword.

but you'll have to ask one of the pro's on the board how to effectively use a dexmage

i never really play magicians, i just foul them up and try something else instead .-.

rekinu
02.04.2005, 23:29
foul them up ? as in enter the monastery an join another guild(is that possible ?)

Cathar the Great
02.04.2005, 23:42
no

i just end up dying every 2 minutes because i can neither fight nor use magic properly

it sucks having a badskilled character, so i ignore the savegame and start over again

rekinu
03.04.2005, 08:47
yes is kinda hard fighting with that damned stick ... in NOTR if you play with the mages, it's even harder, I had to load alot of times, when beating up Ulf ! :D being a mage (at the begining of the game) you surely need ALOT of fire nettles and fireweeds :D

KingOvi
10.04.2005, 20:52
you surely need ALOT of fire nettles and fireweeds :D
Agree with you, and all mana potions from merchants, beacause are cheaper.

I think is good to play guildless, try to reach level 9, or 12, with 245 life, and 80 strenght[1ringof 5, 1 amulet of 15], 30 one-handed swords skill.

kamykaze
15.02.2006, 08:32
i like playing llike a mage ... cause ...in chapter 5 you learn the 5 and 6 circle... and there are a lot o runes that you can made ... i like wave of death ... :D my favourite

_DieGo_
15.02.2006, 20:06
If it's about Notr my post may be useless...
If it's about G2-Simple then i can tell you to improve how much you can in mana and you'll need few LP for runes and circles and... if you have LPs left learn how to make mana potions, (Neoras) after elixir of mana you can learn Elixir of Spirit which increases your mana +10 ;) (but you need a King's Sorrel and a Fireroot to make such a potion :D ). Anyway don't improve your fighting skills! It has no sens! It's very expensive and you don't need swords/bows. I wish you luck! :)

_-=Sp!k3=-_
16.02.2006, 08:20
The magician of fire is the best.............i play a game "Conquer" there are magician of fire,of water,trojans,warriors and archers :)

Zekspir
16.02.2006, 11:25
[...]
Where (except mana) should i put all my experiance?
Tips and tricks how to make a good mage?

Be warned that as a mage it will be very difficult for you untill Ch.3.

- Alchemy is a must have. It is up to you how much you are willing to spend on them. I recommend to learn 2 potions that will boost your dex and mana - elixir of dexterity and elixir of mana (for this one you will have to learn how to make all the mana refilling potions). Elixir of dex - 20 LP; Elixir of Spirit - 20 LP (+9 LP for the mana potions, to make Elixir of Spirit available for learning). You might forget about elixir of dex and instead learn +20 dex (5 Lp for each +5dex), if you really want to save your king sorel for mana potions exclusively.
- Old language is a must also - the stat boosts will far outweight the cost. Also, absolutely necessary to learn in order to actually save LP. - some 30 LP and if you follow my advice will also save LP that you might invest in other stats/skills. Read about it below . . .
- Mana is a must (untill you hit a 20 LP per +5 mana cost)
- Circles (all) and runes - about the rune spells, keep in mind you do not have to learn them all. Read the books (circels of magic from the Monastery or buy them from Cronoss) and see the requirements -damage/mana cost/LP cost to learn - that are posted on this site before you decide what to learn. You will have to learn fire arrow (5LP) to become a mage. But beside this one, I choose not one other spell from the first circle. I did learn 2 spell from Circle 2 - Fireball (75 dam/15 mana/10 LP) and Ice Lance (100 dam/20 mana/5LP). I kinda regret learning Fireball, because Ice Lance is cheaper in LP and more powerfull but I was not carefull when I learned it (did not read the LP required) and also I did not have acces to the Water Mages (they will teach you in Addon-World only). DO NOT learn any HEAL spells, waist of LP - you will have tons of gold (I bought every single potion from all available merchants in Ch.1 and 2) and also you will get A FREE CIRCLE 3 RUNE - Medium Healing - in the Addon-world if you "raid" Greg`s stashes (red X marks the spot ;) ). Ice Block is a must (freeze more powerfull enemies and whack them with your sword/ cast other spell untill dead). Mass-killing spells also necessary, but beware the huge mana cost - you might end up with a very costly one-shot-not-one-kill weapon . . . for instance, Orc Elites are not killed by a single firerain/thunderstorm anymore . . .
- Sneak, pickpocket and lockpick are also a must - some say sneak is useless, but there is no other way to get inside a man`s house . . . and you want the goodie they have, no ? Lockipicking - you get the picture. Same for pickpocket - lot`sa gold and some wonderfull potions/items/spells. BUT pickpocket requires HIGH DEX . . . if you follow my advice you will need high dex anyway and it will be very cheap to train it to more than 90 :D .
- Buy a dex based weapon - best of them, the master sword, can be bought from Martin as early as Ch. 1 : 120 dam/60 dex +10% 1h bonus :D - at a price of 2400 gold. If the sword is no longer in his inventory (when you check a merchants goods and exit, the merchant will equip the most powerfull sword/bow he has on him) just sell him a more powerfull weapon. Before you will get to use it though, you will use Epee and Sword (50 dam/20 dex +8% 1h bonus). The sword-fighting will get you of a lot of close combat fights and will save your neck when you run out of mana. NO NEED TO TRAIN 1h combat skill - waste of LP. You can get 2% free from Wulfgar, 5% from a book that Lutero sells and the rest from Stone Tablets . . . if you add the combat bonus of the sword (more bonus if you find Morgan`s Rind in Jehaskd er, addon-world) you will end up with +30% 1h (in Ch. 2 I had around 40% with no LP spent).
- do not train str., do not train dex - You do not need str. Dex you DO need but . . . if you learned alchemy you can make around 5 potions - 15 dex. There are also several free dex boosts - +1 from Rengaru if you are a thief and didn`t rat on him, praying to the shrines as guildless (saved before, prayed, got some +5 dex and then I got bored, stopped praying. If you receive str. or mana just reload ans try untill you get dex.) and more (do a serach, read the tips from this site, check G2 database - the boosts will be lower, but they will be there). Buy the potions (or find the potions), read the dex. boosting stone tablets ASAP. Use the dex. boost belt and a dex. boost ring. You will be able to pickpocket anyone in Ch. 1 (well, not quite anyone . . .). When I entered addon-world I had 74 ?!? base dex. (over 90 with belt, ring and amulet). You require 60 (base, no boost from rings/belts/amulets `cause as a mage you will use mana rings or protection rings etc.), for the master sword. For pickpocketing, use stat boosting items when you are in town and not in a fight, so in the wild you can safely equip the sword and other rings - +mana, + protection etc.)
- Do not train bow/crossbow - anyway, you will end up over 30% in bow/x-bow from reading the tablets.
- Go before in addon world and only after that in VoM (you do not have to kill Raven, but must get acces to upper quarter, then you can put the "addon-world" on hold). This is in order to find and use all those delicious stone tablets and ring/amulet sets. . .

Best thing about the tips above is that "the objectives" can be accomplished the latest at the very start of Ch. 2 (if you go first in addon-world and after that in VoM)

Other suggestions:

- Train mana until you hit a 20LP for +5 mana cost. I consider the cost too high, and the LP could be used for something else. After this - potions, tablets that boost mana,give more than 20 old tablets at once to Vatras, eat black mushrooms (I ate some 250+ = +25 mana), praying (if you have the patience for it)
- Learn how to make swords (basic- 2LP) and how to remove furs (5LP) so you will have tons of cash. Reason for this - You need to remove furs to fullfill Bosper`s Quest (also the furs will bring some cash). You decide who`s apperntice will be - I recommend Harad (I always chose him so far, because he pays 100g for the basic swords/250 for fine longsword and so on, you have unlimited supply of iron form Bennet and YOU WILL NEED THE CASH). I became Bosper`s apprentice for the first time (since I read that this will net you the most money since there are a lot of animals that also respawn and so on) and that was a wrong move - in the first 2 chapters I wasn`t strong/courageous enough to wonder around killing all that moves since the armour is to weak and my spells were limited in power. Only in Ch. 3 I unleashed genocide, but untill then the basic sword. So untill Ch. 3 the money were mainly from the basic swords I forged and sold (68g/sword). You will need the money for scrolls, potions, armour, weapons and several other items.
IF YOU HAVE THE GOLD, your life as a mage in the first chapers is going to be a lot easier - a scroll takes 5 mana, a decent rune spell some 15 mana.
If you really want, might learn some other animal processing - I did not, because so far I was able to buy/find/steal all the ingredients I required (for spells and potions)
- Learn about (the magic) weaknesses of each monster - I will tell you about the skeletons weakness (I HATE SKELETONS;) ), since they are tough in the firsts chapters - FIRE . . . 2 Fireballs will kill a skeleton, 1 fireball will destroy a goblin skeleton. Also, some animals are very vulnerable to arrows (scavengers, rats and the like), will die quicker than by sword (if do not want to waste mana on them). Swampsharks - 3 Ice Lance will get them down. Razors and snappers are hurt badly by the abovementioned Fireball.
- Combine spells - if a monster is particulary tough, like a Shadowbeast or SwampGolem, then use your head. As a mage, even if you are a good fighter/ranger (I have 80 dex, master sword, 40% 1h and it is still difficult to kill them by sword) it is better to first use IceBlock on them and then start wacking/casting away. For Shadowbeasts I use: Ice block (so they will not hurt me) and 4 IceLance. For SwampGolems: IceBlock and whack away (the spells I have so far do not seem to hurt them too much). Untill you learn the rune, you can buy quite a few IceBlock Scrolls. Use them wisely . . .

That is so far . . . If I remember something else I will edit this post . . . Hope I helped

Colonelu
16.02.2006, 17:44
This question is almost one year older :scared: I think is to late to give this man a answer :p

SirPaladin
16.02.2006, 18:28
This question is almost one year older :scared: I think is to late to give this man a answer :p
I was an answer for the rest of us, more of a suggestion. I wouldn`t sue himin your shoes.

.†.MikeL.†.
16.02.2006, 20:24
If you want to be a magician of fire(IMO Dragon hunters are better) I suggest you to train you sword skills too you will need it at least at the fighter level;)

Zekspir
16.02.2006, 20:25

Hooooly sh . ..ute . . . ya mean ta tell me I went through all this trouble for nothing ?!? 1 year . . . never saw that coming . . just a previuos reply from 16.02.2006 . . . shute . . .
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah §wall §wall §wall

Petyamester
16.02.2006, 22:19
Hooooly sh . ..ute . . . ya mean ta tell me I went through all this trouble for nothing ?!? 1 year . . . never saw that coming . . just a previuos reply from 16.02.2006 . . . shute . . .
Do not kill yourself because of this little fact :D

Rashnu
16.02.2006, 22:34

Yeah, kamykaze is an expert in digging out old threads and adding some meaningless drivel. :rolleyes: Sorry, couldn't resist.

BTW, I enjoyed your posting. Good stuff. At least someone is able to compose an article that actually carries some weight. If you wanna make the users happy when reading long postings try to create paragraphs once in a while - makes reading much more easier. :)

thegame_
16.02.2006, 23:03
Yeah, kamykaze is an expert in digging out old threads and adding some meaningless drivel. :rolleyes: Sorry, couldn't resist. normally i would have told you that this was not so friendly... but you're right... it was just meaningless and because of that Zekspir got confused and wasted some precious time just trying too help not knowing that the thread is so old(btw... good article :D)...
what i'm trying to say is open an old thread only if you really have smth to say not just saying "i agree" after 5 months :rolleyes:

_-=Sp!k3=-_
17.02.2006, 04:59
The Best aree The Fire §danke Magician.........and i like the seker........ is cool

WernerTWC
17.02.2006, 13:03
It seems that the question is answered! ;)

This thread is moved to the help section (THX @ Zekspir for this large amount of infos!).

If you wanna discuss around beeing a mage, please use this thread:

Have you ever been a mage? (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=81240)