PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Risen-Preview in GameStar 09.03.2009

catalinux
09.03.2009, 15:09
GameStar just published on their site the Risen-Preview. The article is in German but it also contains the "official" pictures (already seen from scans) ;) You can find it here (http://www.gamestar.de/previews/rollenspiel/1954399/risen.html)

Kostaz
09.03.2009, 15:30
I don't think I've seen this (http://images.gamestar.de/images/idgwpgsgp/bdb/1999882/800x600_prop.jpg) before:dnuhr:

catalinux
09.03.2009, 16:00
For me was the one with two gnomes (I have a feeling that I'll like those little creatures)

catalinux
09.03.2009, 16:23
This is a online translation of the preview... sorry for the mistakes and I hope you will understand something (I did)

Risen

With Gothic 3 the former role performance kings of Piranha byte have their good reputation playful. With Risen they want to prove now back on the throne and that they can do it still.

Shipwrecked a nameless hero stands in the midst of from water corpses and wood planks at the beach of an exotic island. It carries ripped to pieces rags and works quite abgemagert. Even if the appearance of the hero is to be revised once again: The first play customers of Risen are exemplary for everything that PC role players already from the Gothic series.
Kai Rosenkranz, since the first Gothic composer and programmer with the Essener developer Piranha byte, makes from it no make no secret: ” We know exactly, we are guilty to what our fans after Gothic 3: They want just as intensive and atmospheric adventure as more modern in the second part - only evenly and if possible without nose. Exactly they will get that with Risen.
Still we are completely at the beginning of our Risen expedition, i.e. at the mentioned beach. Typically Piranha byte: After the Intro, in which we experience the ship misfortune with our hero, we land without detours such as a character editor & CO directly in the play. As in the Gothic series our hero has no name, its appearance is fixed given actually. And naturally it has times again no notion, where it straight is.
But it could have come really more badly, because we looked on a idyllischen beach - from the corpses lying about everywhere times apart. We have all time of the world to enjoy the idyl and meet - surprise - a woman! The lady is called Sara and like we the misfortune survived, which tells her to us with looking natural gesturing animations. As used from Piranha byte, each still so casual Sprachfetzen is to be professionally toned.
Sara points out us that in the current situation a club could become perhaps useful and sends us on the search. Juhu, our first Quest, although admittedly a very simple. Finally more than enough driving wood is because of the beach after the ship misfortune. But that is quite intended, because so we are to become acquainted with control and inventory in the finished play quasi in passing.
Developer Kai Rosenkranz describes the new a riser friendliness: ” We call› indirect guidance ‹. Over Quests, dialogues or certain events the player gets always sufficient references, which next would be meaningful over the entire story away. Whether it makes it then also exactly the same, is left however always to it. “Logical is from the beginning freely investigatable the complete play world. In practice we would be confronted however sooner or later with obstacles, which one can overcome as zerlumpter shipwrecked ones only with difficulty - it is now a hungry wolf or a mortally deep ravine.
The first fight
The nature of Risen is not only beautiful, but also extremely dangerously. Straight ones as we to a cosy forest walk adjusted themselves, get we gefräßige society of a prick rat - a kneel-high mixture from Stachelschwein and rodent. Excellently, finally the opportunity to throw a view of the combat system. Dock Rosenkranz absorbs expectations: ” The general principle stands, but it is not finalisiert yet. “The engagements becomes actionlastig - with correct timing and little fate spectacular impact combinations should be possible.
On the other hand Piranha byte wants that the ability values are important to straining for the appropriate weapon. They are to affect now by far more than only the damage, which we out-divide. Each new combat stage scolded therefore not only further maneuvers freely, but changed also the appropriate animations of our hero. Kai Rosenkranz describes us by the example of the sheet shooting: ” As beginners it will cost much trouble you to stretch the sheet. With the professional goes naturally faster. While in addition with the layman the sheet begins to tremble after short time, the expert can keep its goal longer in the focus. “
At least the opponent AI seems to however already function, nevertheless lies the prick rat after few club impacts settled in the grass. The inconspicuous rat is however not the only animal in the world of Risen. Thus a multicolored pinnated run bird at us stolziert past, a few meter continues to itself hammer eye and earless giant gorilla on the chest. ” An ash beast, which lives Rosenkranz actually only in dark caves “, explains. ” That was by the way its threatening gesture. “The reference comes stupid-proves somewhat late, two Prankenschläge is for the time being roughly terminated our island trip later. Beside various exotic and funny creatures we will do it in Risen also with classical role performance creatures to get.
Story with depth
Next point of trip is a small, apparently left hut on a clearing. There we are surprised by a Plünderer named Neil, which explains a little diplomatically its sword on our breastbone placed and to us only times the messes, into which we here are guessed/advised: For many decades our new homeland was just as cosy as peaceful Plätzchen. To become again active but since short has itself the local volcano decided, times. With each lava eruption everywhere mysterious temples from the ground break on the island. And from these ruins flows each quantity höllische Bestien, which makes hunt for the population.
Enough problems for a hero? Of because of! In order to examine the incidents, a Inquisitor was sent. But instead of the population to help, he rather locks up her in the only city on the island. Who opposes, one obligation-recruits and one abuses for excavations in the temple plants. Logically that some island inhabitants revolt against it and fight logically now as lawless ones around surviving.
However the starting situation has thus already as much story as the complete Gothic 3. and Kai Rosenkranz promises: ” We full-plugged this mark the complete island with stories. “These are told to the language so typical for Piranha byte to a large extent in the dialogues, including: rau, fluchlastig and with an extra portion of Sarkasmus. With larger events however intermediate sequences also before-computed are used in aufgehübschter play diagram into Risen.
A dialogue, many consequences
More player guidance, more story: Doesn't go at the expense of the freedom? The magic word, which is to prevent exactly this, calls Rosenkranz” multiple linearity “. It means that the player must make again many decisions, which will have however this time more serious consequences. This expresses itself on the one hand in more extensive, branched Quest rows, on the other hand becomes the choice of the parliamentary group, thus the affiliation to one of the play-controlling groups very importantly.
After the dialogue with the Plünderer our hero can decide for example to follow this to the camp of the rebels. Or however it can be led into the proximity of the blocked city. Here it can be able to be recruited either more or less voluntarily from the Inquisition. Or it tries to arrive secretly into the settlement. According to Rosenkranz a perfect example of the” multiple linearity “: The player has enormously many action options, but nevertheless always a goal before eyes.
Thieves creep
Powerful Inquisition or pleasant rebels? The parliamentary group choice might fall with difficulty, particularly since it was to noticeably affect also the play way. While the Inquisition prefers brachiale methods, the bandits must operate frequently in secret.
According to Kai Rosenkranz is to give it even to creeping inserts. As is the case for the fights Piranha byte wants to do also here without separate interface announcements - by frequent comments of our adversaries we are to get however clear references, how inconspicuous we are straight.
Caves sound
All the same whether Inquisitor or bandit, whether fighters or Magier: Sooner or later we will have to examine the temple ruins, in order to come the secret of Risen on the trace. We will spend approximately 40 per cent of the play time under days. Consequently Piranha byte puts exactly the same much detail falling in loveness into the Dungeon as into the upper world.
Beside real time shade and a aufwändigen lighting installation above all the dynamically computed acoustics are to provide for Gruselstimmung. Schaurig the wind whistles again and again by the rubble, because from the volcanic heat physically correctly a fire-place effect in air results.

Maladiq
09.03.2009, 18:54
I updated this to the Risen related information thread:gratz

EDIT: I will add the new pictures at another date, I am not in the mood now:D

catalinux
09.03.2009, 20:58
I updated this to the Risen related information thread:gratz

EDIT: I will add the new pictures at another date, I am not in the mood now:D

Good job ;) and beautiful the today story as well multam' fain! §wink

SlamDunk
09.03.2009, 21:29
The gnomes indeed look very likeable already.

Maladiq
09.03.2009, 21:46
Good job ;) and beautiful the today story as well multam' fain! §wink

I will keep the information as fresh as possible, as for the story, keep a close eye on it, things will get interesting, until now we had to acomodate the caracter to the world, but now... well, we are ready for some real story telling and... well, I don't want to spoil the plot:D

ismarhadzia
09.03.2009, 23:22
The online translation is so hard to be understood. We need someone to translate this for us properly.

cifre
11.03.2009, 13:47
Yep, google translation is not enough! ;)

rotator
11.03.2009, 20:10
Gnomes are indeed funny. Definitely not the generic "high-intelligence inventor"-type race. :D But the music of Gnomeregan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD023yeyKz0) still fits them perfectly!

Powaz
11.03.2009, 20:33
Gnomes are indeed funny. Definitely not the generic "high-intelligence inventor"-type race. :D But the music of Gnomeregan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD023yeyKz0) still fits them perfectly!

Man, Gnomer. Good ol' times. ^2^

To me these gnomes are more of a silly robbers than invertors. Reminds me goblins. :)

Maladiq
11.03.2009, 20:53
To me they remind of those little furry fluffy things in star wars, don;t know their names. They are butt ugly, but seem smart enough, and since the ware cloths, means they know how to hunt(for leather) and how to make clothes.

Zocky
11.03.2009, 21:01
You mean ewoks? Ugley? lol, not at all, but they were uterly funny. :P

Maladiq
11.03.2009, 21:42
You mean ewoks? Ugley? lol, not at all, but they were uterly funny. :P

They are actually cute.

They are butt ugly, but seem smart enough, and since the ware cloths, means they know how to hunt(for leather) and how to make clothes.

This last part I was reffering to the gnomes, I didn;t explain it in the post, my bad:o

It would be funny though to have a certain armor that if we wear in the gnomes' camp they would consider us their Gods, like an easter egg or smth. That scene with C-3PO being worshiped is priceless.

TheDoctor
12.03.2009, 06:19
I hate primitive monsters with clothes. Much too unrealistic.

Maladiq
12.03.2009, 08:16
I hate primitive monsters with clothes. Much too unrealistic.

Well, from what I understand from Ralph's answers, we will be able to interact with them, and even recive quests. So they are not that primitive. They seem to be at least as smart as the orcs in g1.

On the other hand I hate the one-gender monsters. I wanted women orcs in Gothic, and now I like women gnomes. That would be realistic.

nirolF
12.03.2009, 12:01
Maybe they are so advanced that they don't need to use the "old" 2 genre reproduction. They just clone themself. That would be realistic ! :D

Maladiq
12.03.2009, 12:14
Or easier: they just divide themselves, like bacteria.:D

Kraszu
12.03.2009, 12:24
Actually asexual reproduction is less advanced then one with two genres, at least evolutionary speaking, and this is an island maybe there could be a reason for only males to be on it, if pirates would be forced to make settlement on island it would be male only also.

Personally through I don't really care for details like that.

Powaz
12.03.2009, 12:40
There are two more new screenshots on the official site. :)

http://risen.deepsilver.com/blog/media/images/screenshots/Risen_20090312_28.jpg

http://risen.deepsilver.com/blog/media/images/screenshots/Risen_20090312_29.jpg

So awesome!

Maladiq
12.03.2009, 12:46
OMG:eek: you tell me that THAT is dx9 water? sweet:D
EDIT: Well, looks like Ralph lnew what he was talking about when he said that Risen will look as good as Arcania. Can't wait to see the in-game video.

Too bad we can;t see the sky, I am really curious, the one in g2 is stil ralistic even nowdays

Powaz
12.03.2009, 12:54
I love the sky in Gothic 3. Beautiful. One thing about Risen is sure it looks sweet, very good. ;)

Maladiq
12.03.2009, 12:56
I love the sky in Gothic 3. Beautiful. One thing about Risen is sure it looks sweet, very good. ;)

Dunno, the one in g2 looked better to me than the one in g3, although they were both quite realistic.

Bastardo
12.03.2009, 13:03
It was little more than some textures though. G3 had animated clouds, or at least they looked like they were.

The info sounds as good as Google Translate can get.

Danutz_plusplus
12.03.2009, 13:35
Holy crap does it look awesome. I absolutely love the second screenshot. Amazing work. C'mon PB release this bad boy already! :p

TheDoctor
12.03.2009, 16:38
Well, from what I understand from Ralph's answers, we will be able to interact with them, and even recive quests. So they are not that primitive. They seem to be at least as smart as the orcs in g1.
No, the Ewoks looks very nice. I mean those other, thin looking creatures which we'll probably meet in caves. The ones with hoods and glowing eyes. I really don't like that. If they're primitive then the clothing/weapons makes no sense, and if they're intelligent there's too many smart races in the world (making it unrealistic).

I hope they're implemented well, i.e. not as the Ogres or Scraths (whatever their names was) in Gothic III.

Powaz
12.03.2009, 16:47
Those are the ghouls, they're just dead humans of some sort. They had those hoods when they were still humans. :) Of course that's only my speculation.

TheDoctor
12.03.2009, 19:07
I don't want zombies either, though. But at least that's a better explanation than smart animals. :eek:

Edit: Lucky seven, huh? Better not post for a while then. :D

Powaz
12.03.2009, 19:48
I don't want zombies either, though. But at least that's a better explanation than smart animals. :eek:

Well there could be some cool explanations for the zombies/ghouls too, let's say they used to be slaves, who were left to starve to death in some mines because of that the slaves were cursed by themselves to roam the land searching for some human flesh to eat or something like that. :)

TheDoctor
12.03.2009, 20:53
Well there could be some cool explanations for the zombies/ghouls too, let's say they used to be slaves, who were left to starve to death in some mines because of that the slaves were cursed by themselves to roam the land searching for some human flesh to eat or something like that. :)

.. you mean zombies? I like skeletons better. However, I think Ghouls are a race, not ghosts or undeads. Anyways.. it still makes no valid sense. :dnuhr:

But I hope they're not simple 'creatures' like ogres.

Powaz
12.03.2009, 21:33
Well - Ghouls (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghoul)

Other myths describe the ghoul as a corpse brought back to life by a witch or some demon to do tasks

zarrkoff
12.03.2009, 23:42
Seeing those screenshots is like putting a big juicy steak in front of me when I'm hungry, then taking it away before I can taste it!

Can't wait for Risen now.

vivaxardas
12.03.2009, 23:58
Seeing those screenshots is like putting a big juicy steak in front of me when I'm hungry, then taking it away before I can taste it!

Can't wait for Risen now.

Yes, it is like a slow torture. With no clear info when we'll be able to satisfy our hunger and thirst for Risen.
Dangerous policy you know. If the game turns out to be worse then we expect it to be, our dissapointment will be tremendous.

Maladiq
13.03.2009, 00:24
IMO PB can't make a bad game. G3 wasn't a bad game, it was just very unfinished, and I think JW had a big part in this. So it is impossible for Risen not to be a great game since they are quite keen on finishing the game before releasing.

Dogar
13.03.2009, 01:35
I really wish they'd have the fogging effects for draw distances instead of the cruder texture effect from G3. I think the G1 + 2 approach looked much better.

Maladiq
13.03.2009, 01:40
I really wish they'd have the fogging effects for draw distances instead of the cruder texture effect from G3. I think the G1 + 2 approach looked much better.

Indeed, I can't stand those post-processing effects in G3, from overglow to distance draw. The game looks 3 times better without any PP and also works better.

@screenshots: you, my dears, look kinda photoshopped to me:D

Dykunas
13.03.2009, 07:58
OMG:eek: you tell me that THAT is dx9 water? sweet:D
EDIT: Well, looks like Ralph lnew what he was talking about when he said that Risen will look as good as Arcania. Can't wait to see the in-game video

Told ya :p

Oh, and the little buggers look very interesting. It's so nice that PB stears clear of the generic fantasy setting, and bring their own flawor to the table :A

Powaz
13.03.2009, 11:24
@screenshots: you, my dears, look kinda photoshopped to me:D

Pixel stated they aren't, but they are from different development phases.

TheDoctor
13.03.2009, 11:57
Well - Ghouls (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghoul)

Yuck.

foobar
13.03.2009, 12:28

Well, today Quy said the screenshots correctly reflect the current game. That is why they came out so late - because they wanted to show what it would really look like in the game.

As for the glow: doberlec said (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showpost.php?p=8796160) that the bloom in this picture (http://risen.deepsilver.com/blog/media/images/screenshots/Risen_20090312_29.jpg) seems exaggerated because you just came out of the dark jungle. The game tries to simulate the adaptation of the human eye to sudden bright light (I think it's a little like FO3 when you leave the vault for the first time). If they had waited for a few seconds it would not have been that extreme.

Don't know what wrong with the other pics, tough. :D

Zocky
13.03.2009, 13:01
screenshots looks awesome to me, although it does look like on some of them the terrain texture is somewhat low res.

Maladiq
13.03.2009, 13:04

I hope so. I am saying they are photoshopped because they have that realism g3 screenshots had when they were released, and now I am bit suspicious towards everything that looks too real

Zocky
13.03.2009, 13:11
Hm i'm not completly sure what screenies are you refering to, but if you mean like the one with the 'wild' orc in it, iirc, that's not ingame screenshot at all but rether 3ds max render or something similar.

Maladiq
13.03.2009, 13:15
Hm i'm not completly sure what screenies are you refering to, but if you mean like the one with the 'wild' orc in it, iirc, that's not ingame screenshot at all but rether 3ds max render or something similar.

All the early screenshots from G3 looked more real than real life to me, the in-city ones, the orc patrool etc.

Zocky
13.03.2009, 14:00
Hm dunno, they kinda looked the same to me as they were later in the game.

Bastardo
13.03.2009, 15:55
Well, fortunately they lowered G3's poly count after the early screenshoots, so there you go.

Maladiq
13.03.2009, 17:37
Well, fortunately they lowered G3's poly count after the early screenshoots, so there you go.

There were even more polys?:eek: That was so useless. I don;t get it how a developer can see that he can;t play the game without lag and still doesn;t do anything about that. G3 had this, FG... even the trailer was laggy as hell.

Katsche
14.03.2009, 12:18
I hope so. I am saying they are photoshopped because they have that realism g3 screenshots had when they were released, and now I am bit suspicious towards everything that looks too real

It's pretty funny switching between the english and german forum.

My german buddys are complaining that the graphics look kind of bad, somebody even seems to expect Risen to outclass Crysis, which sounds unreachable when you think of a world without a single loading screen...

You instead think that the shots are faked and look too good ... ;)

Maladiq
14.03.2009, 12:46
It's pretty funny switching between the english and german forum.

My german buddys are complaining that the graphics look kind of bad, somebody even seems to expect Risen to outclass Crysis, which sounds unreachable when you think of a world without a single loading screen...

You instead think that the shots are faked and look too good ... ;)

You know what they say, what seems too good to be true... may be not:p I am hoping this screenshots are completely unedited, that would ne awsome. And if they are, from what I've seen in the Crysis demo, the game will look more spactacular than Crysis.

Katsche
14.03.2009, 12:50
I am hoping this screenshots are completely unedited, that would ne awsome. And if they are, from what I've seen in the Crysis demo, the game will look more spactacular than Crysis.
I'm happy with the screenshots especially the two newest shots (#1 (http://worldofrisen.de/gallery_pic753.htm), #2 (http://worldofrisen.de/gallery_pic754.htm)) in this gallery (http://worldofrisen.de/gallery_70.htm) look truly awesome !!! :)

Powaz
14.03.2009, 14:34
Crysis was a test, I want a game.

Kostaz
14.03.2009, 14:47
Considering the fact that Crysis is an 1.5-year old game I can't really blame the people that expect Risen to have spectacular graphics.

But then again G3's graphics were awesome for it's time and it disappointed many people.

What's is really annoying is that there's no English Preview right now,I mean why wouldn't they give sites like Gamespot,IGN,Gamespy etc some info just to create a buzz about Risen.
Look at Dragon Age Bioware may have a good reputation in the market but they constantly keep teasing people and I'm sure that DA will outsell Risen and that's a shame for PB's work.

I don't want to be spoiled but the lack of info for English users will have a negative effect on Risen's popularity.

Powaz
14.03.2009, 16:32
Look at Dragon Age Bioware may have a good reputation in the market but they constantly keep teasing people and I'm sure that DA will outsell Risen and that's a shame for PB's work.

Dragon Age is being made by BioWare, people would even a buy a piece of crap in a box if it's made by them... oh wait they already did, many times too.

But I agree Risen needs some international previews badly.:D

Maladiq
14.03.2009, 22:24
I hope this (http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=hp&hl=ro&u=http%3A%2F%2Fpiranhaclub.eu%2Fforum%2Fshowthread.php%3Fp%3D21121&sl=ru&tl=en) is enough for now. For google translate, the translation is damn good.