PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Gothic quest in German version

Bartacus
03.03.2005, 18:20
I have a question. There's suposed to be a quest in the original Gothic with the camp at the Troll Canyon. In the English Gothic there's no such thing, but is it true that there's a quest involving this at the German version?

Don-Esteban
03.03.2005, 18:36
No, in German Gothic there is'nt also a quest with the bandits at this place. Perhaps it was planned by the developers, but in fact there is nothing to do for the player.

Bartacus
03.03.2005, 19:26
Is there a mod that makes use of it? It would be a cool idea, I think. Still we would probadly divided again by the language barrier. (Btw, I can't make any mods and I neither have the time of learning how. Perhaps one day this will change, but not now.)

MercSteff
04.03.2005, 09:01
this is just another of those "unfinished bussines" that PB got us used to by now! in the next gothic you will say "ah, so that's why ..."

Don-Esteban
04.03.2005, 20:46
Is there a mod that makes use of it? It would be a cool idea, I think. Still we would probadly divided again by the language barrier. (Btw, I can't make any mods and I neither have the time of learning how. Perhaps one day this will change, but not now.)
Yes, there is a German Mod, called "Sammelmod" (means "collecting-mod") with several little improvements. One of them is a new quest, the player gets from the ore baron Raven, to take this bandit camp out, because the bandits are a treat for the old camp convoys. (He says so, but the bandits only stand in this camp and do nothing.)

Bartacus
05.03.2005, 20:49
He says so, but the bandits only stand in this camp and do nothing.

Perhaps it's a bug in the mod? ;)

Don-Esteban
06.03.2005, 15:38
No, not a bug, they stand in the camp, just like NPC in Gothic do this. In all camps NPC standing around and do... nothing (or nothing important) - why should it be different in the troll canyon bandit camp?

With my words "but the bandits only stand in this camp and do nothing" I suppose, that in Gothic no scripted events like an bandit raid exist and therefor this quest from Raven is not so very plausible.

Dez
07.03.2005, 00:48
Gothic III needs more scripted evenents.

The point what i'm trying to get across is the fact that in gothic 3, there should not occur anymore those "lord hagen" moments.One can not stop wondering, did pb run out of money when they never solved the problem in the old valley very well.Imo the orc warlord quest hinted about the possibility for us to see some cool paladin action, but it was quite a letdown as only solution was to open the gates and let the orcs in and hope the best..Imagine how cool it could have been if you could have gone to the old walley with lord hagen and all the paladins to kick some orcbutt together.No wonder the king is loosing the war if all his officers are as incompetent as lord Hagen and commander Garond are.The boys can talk big but are actually unable to do anything significant.

Bartacus
09.03.2005, 20:07
I think it would be very difficult to implement a full battle in Gothic with allies. Remember the focus thing, it's really hard not to hit a friend when there is only one compagnon.