PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Xardas career

Sowilo
05.02.2005, 13:22
What do u think will he bacame a megalomaniac mage?
Or is he too weak to control the power in his body and will be a servant of Beliar?
I think he is an adept and egoistic mage who would not risk to became a slave of Beliar. But I don't know what he want to do with the energie.

Aurvandill
05.02.2005, 13:29
I don`t know! He is a crazy man and nobody knows what heŽs really! But I like him somehow! He is otherwise and I think he is easy lonely in his old tower!

LadyLomar
05.02.2005, 13:41
i appreciate him and i think heŽll play a strong part in G III, i overrate him to handle the power and to ante it wisefully.
imo heŽll be no slave of beliar, rather see him as a strong magician who never forgets his roots.

greeZZ me

Blademaster
05.02.2005, 17:57
i think there will be a battle between him and the hero, because xardas maybe wants to be the champion, so he has to kill the hero before...

Sowilo
05.02.2005, 18:17
I think Beliar is "unhappy" cause his avatar is banned in a stone and his power was "stolen"? by Xardas who has a free mind and can decide himself what 2 do with this power unless he is able to resist the power.
The avatar of Innos (hero?) has the task to send the power of the Beliar avatar back in his sphere. But now Xardas has this power and if Xardas don't want to send the energie back the hero would have the duty to kill Xardas. But Innos has no possibility to make the hero do that because we have a free mind too.
Maybe Innos order the Paladins to get the power of the hero so that a loyal servant of Innos will kill Xardas. Beliar hasn't the possibility to give his servants the command to kill Xardas because it is said that only the avatar of Innos can kill him. So its possible that Beliar Support Innos cause Innos wants to kill Xardas cause after he is dead the power of the Beliar avatar would return into the sphere of Beliar who want to get this power back or to an other of this loyal slaves :D

Kaliki
05.02.2005, 18:34
@ Sowilo:
Your therory sounds quite interesting.(and a bit confusing on the first read;)) But why should Innos try to kill Xardas? IMO Beliar and Innos fight for their influence in the realm of Adanos. Innos would be a fool if he helped Beliar to get back his power cause he would only harm himself by doing that. So I think it would be Adanos' task to restore the balance by "redistributing" the powers of Innos and Beliar.

Sowilo
05.02.2005, 18:47
I don't know why but there is an axe of goodness^^ (Innos+Adanos). Adanos want that only he himself has influence at his world. Innos accepted that, Beliar didn't. So Adanos gave Innos the task to send the power of the Beliar avatar back. If that is done the human Innos avatar lose his power too.
Why Adanos himself don't kill the Beliar Avatar isn't known.

Kaliki
05.02.2005, 18:59
Oh, of course, you're right. Normally I should know that myself because I listened to Vatras' whole boring speech, but somehow I tend to forget about this. :rolleyes:
How could I ever doubt your knowlegde about gothic §neee ? :D

Iron Mouse
05.02.2005, 20:53
Or is he too weak to control the power in his body and will be a servant of Beliar?
I think he is an adept and egoistic mage who would not risk to became a slave of Beliar.
I think he already did that. He studied forbidden lore, used Beliars magic, summoned Beliars creatures and even absorbed a ton of Beliars energy. I don't think he can fool Beliar forever...he is smart, but is he smarter than a GOD?

Why Adanos himself don't kill the Beliar Avatar isn't known.
He's a god, too...and no human can understand the ways of the gods ;)
Or maybe he just don't want to risk an open conflict with Beliar (I mean, he's still supposed to be neutral...).

Godcrusher
18.03.2005, 18:54
:D :D :D I think xardas will work for beliar first, but after a while he betreyd Beliar
and take some of his power om to himself. He is detrmine to kill the hero ,
for he is the only one who can stop him controling the world. Armed with
the Eye of Innos he stands before him, but so great was his power that ewen him coudn't defet Xardas. He bearlly managed to teleport out of his temple, founded by the paladins, who slowly help him back to recovery.

But no matter the powers, xardas is just a man, who can't control the destiny.
Beliar knew the prophecy mentoning xardas's death bx the hero. Again they meet in the xardas's temple, but this time they join forces to eliminate the
hero. beliar was again in chared and again he sent seekers to bring him the hero. He slowly recowerd, and was ready to challenge zhe Necromancer again, this time knowig the prophecy. Earth was sheaking by the power of xardas, and the sky was thorn apart by the mastery of hero. This time they were equall. Who will win?

Man Xardas is my favorite carather :D

Cathar the Great
20.03.2005, 21:59
the avatar of innos and beliar are arch enemies forever, so now that xardas has the beliar-avatars powers, no matter how he uses them, he is an enemy of the hero, and has to be eliminated.

at least i guess so :rolleyes:

MercSteff
21.03.2005, 08:16
having the avatar of beliar's powers doesn't make xardas THE avatar! xardas has always been misterious. in my opinion he's always had his personal agenda, and he doesn't care about anything else. i almost am convinced now that he doesn't know what he'll do now, but i'm sure on his long term goal: to become a god, himself! what's the first thing about a god you need: unearthly powers! what's the second: human followers! forgive me to say this, but we (the hero) have been following his word like a puppy follows his mum's tale, doing every little thing he said! i don't think xardas will try do destroy the hero. he has been a far too good of an ally till now. he would be better off with him on his side!

Godcrusher
21.03.2005, 14:48
Yes the hero and xardas together whoud be very powefull, but hero is still the avatar of innos :) and evrybody kowns xardas left the circle of fire long ago......

Bartacus
21.03.2005, 19:17
Only Xardas convinced the hero to be the avatar of Innos and said that with the amulet on his neck the Paladins would be forced to see him like the Chosen too. Suppose that Xardas isn't telling the truth. What would it be then?

Another possibility for Gothic 3: Xardas can be turned to the light side by the hero, but the hero can also join the dark side. (I have been playing KotOR2 again :D )

rekinu
21.03.2005, 20:18
It seems like gothic is becoming the battlefield of the gods... the war between the gods and their interests... do you forgot the war between humans and orcs, the ore, the colony, the mines, the weapons, the king, the civil war, the rougues, the mercenaries, the guilds ETC...these I think are the elements of gothic... Its true that both g1 and g2 ended with an spiritual fight i mean that had a link with the gods, (the barrier was made because a certain reason I don't remember it now ... etc).This god thing is becoming an second but also an PRINCIPAL story for gothic... the orcs and the king and the main reasons that made gothic 1 at the begining are fading.... this is my opinion. ...

I think all that is said before in this thread is kinda true, and i do think xardas is on he's own, and that he will never kill the hero because he has an certain link with him, they became very close...and viceversa.Xardas will help the hero ONCE AGAIN and saves he's life, early in the game, and due this thing when we get the task to kill xardas we won't do it and ally with him and fight whatever is to fight...destroy the orcs and finally win this godamn war somehow...(maybe in gothic 4 :D)

Godcrusher
21.03.2005, 21:01
hope there will be the fourth part :) :D ;)

MercSteff
23.03.2005, 09:04
well it was mentioned some time ago, can't remember exactly (maybe sowilo or roi knows it better), that G3 will be concentrated more on the war between the gods!

Sowilo
23.03.2005, 11:47
It was said that:
- The main part will be a conflict between the different warlords
- the main part will be a conflict between the goods
- the main part will be a combat against the orcs...

so, I don't know what is correct...

Godcrusher
23.03.2005, 14:31
I think that you can do what you can chose: you cai help the paladins with the orcs, or bethe avatar of Innos... :D
Or you can help with all those things :D

KingOvi
23.03.2005, 21:51
I love Xardas, his voice. He is a good boy.

rekinu
24.03.2005, 13:56
It was said that:
- The main part will be a conflict between the different warlords
- the main part will be a conflict between the goods
- the main part will be a combat against the orcs...

so, I don't know what is correct...

warlords mean the orcs warlords or what?...anyway I do think that they should combine these 3 and make g3 longer and bigger maybe 150 hours of play or 200. BUT don't end it....They must make g4, and in g4 the war should be over...and we can see the gods, become imortal and finish the gothic series...

If the main part will be a conflict between the gods the story must be outstanding and with more turnovers of the situations.(if you know what i mean). more effects and so on ............ :D

Sowilo
24.03.2005, 14:33
No the kingdom (great) Myrtana is broken in (small) Myrtana, Varant, Nordmar and the Southern Islands. I think the leaders of these kingdoms r the warlords.

rekinu
24.03.2005, 14:38
aha now I get it, why didn't I think about that? tnx for clearing things up ... :D

Godcrusher
24.03.2005, 15:48
warlords mean the orcs warlords or what?...anyway I do think that they should combine these 3 and make g3 longer and bigger maybe 150 hours of play or 200. BUT don't end it....They must make g4, and in g4 the war should be over...and we can see the gods, become imortal and finish the gothic series...

If the main part will be a conflict between the gods the story must be outstanding and with more turnovers of the situations.(if you know what i mean). more effects and so on ............ :D

The orc war will be over in G3, but yes i defintly want to see G4 :D

rekinu
24.03.2005, 21:55
and what will be the story if the orc war is over. maybe they gonna make orc war 2 (:D) or something.....nahh..maybe they wont make g4...

Godcrusher
25.03.2005, 05:59
and what will be the story if the orc war is over. maybe they gonna make orc war 2 (:D) or something.....nahh..maybe they wont make g4...

Probably won't. I thik the story will end in third part ;)

KingOvi
27.03.2005, 16:18
I want to see what they do after finish gothic serries

Godcrusher
27.03.2005, 17:19
I want to see what they do after finish gothic serries

Maybe some more Gothic expansions ;) :D

rekinu
27.03.2005, 22:13
I think they will change the theme...they will make hotel simulations, or something like that(economic managerial simaluations) :P

Godcrusher
27.03.2005, 22:49
I think they will change the theme...they will make hotel simulations, or something like that(economic managerial simaluations) :P

Just hope they don't get in driving games :D

MercSteff
28.03.2005, 10:22
well i think they should stick to adventure games. that's what they are great at! you can't switch form a thing to smthing totally diffrent and be as succesful as the first!

KingOvi
03.04.2005, 14:34

That is sure, but i ask About games.

rekinu
03.04.2005, 18:29
lol .... yeah ... and I was reffering to games too... :D

Bartacus
05.04.2005, 21:16
After Gothic 3?? -> I read somewhere that Mike Hodge wanted to see a good LotR RPG. Why wouldn't they create one. I'm sure they can beat the ones that are among us now.

MercSteff
06.04.2005, 10:05
well i still want the gothic saga to go on! and i'm sure they can go on developing the story further. or even go backward. stupid idea i'm having right now is about the intro movie from G1 where xardas tells about king rhobar defiting all enemies. what if they continue the saga with the pre-gothic events, like how rhobar became king and how he defited his fows! you see? you can take a story anywhere you want! there is no limit to one's imagination and creativity!

KingOvi
09.04.2005, 20:06
well i still want the gothic saga to go on! ...

Same as u, what is saga ?

Godcrusher
09.04.2005, 20:53
Same as u, what is saga ?

Saga is a nordic expression, that means story :D
But it's much better to say saga that story ;)

MercSteff
10.04.2005, 16:04
saga is a story, but a long one or continuos one!

KingOvi
10.04.2005, 20:24
Saga is a nordic expression, that means story :D
But it's much better to say saga that story ;)

Really !

Thanks

Godcrusher
10.04.2005, 20:49
Really !

Thanks

No prob :D so let's think that the story won't end in the third part. how many parts do you think it will be? :D

MercSteff
11.04.2005, 06:54
hope it will be close to 175 or so! i'm not kidding! i want to play this game when i'll be 70!

Godcrusher
11.04.2005, 18:49
hope it will be close to 175 or so! i'm not kidding! i want to play this game when i'll be 70!

And what do you think they will write?
Sleeper-baned
Undead dragon-killed
xardas_unkonwn(hope g3 will expalin that)

Who else then? who can then be you enemy?

MustangVagabond
11.04.2005, 21:33
The Gnomes will be the next enemy!! The Gnomes!! they'll steal people's shoes and hit them on the head with a mallet and Hero will have to hunt down the gnome leader and kill'm with a tack hammer!

then in G6 they'll do the whole child of hero story, like in King's Quest 2 - 300000, Hero Jr. and it'll be space aliens who look like :p , with space shuttle races and a mini-game where you can build towers and apartments with the aliens!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA the possibilities are endless all you need is too much caffeine and a programmer!!!

MercSteff
12.04.2005, 08:11
disregarding the spam content of the first 2 paragraphs, i agree withe the last one!

rekinu
12.04.2005, 11:16
this all spam thing is from "I want to see what they do after finish gothic serries " just an innocent question :p , and from that the, thread became whta comes next after Gothic ? :D . . .I like this title, so I can't abtain myself , and I will make my last spam post on this thread . . . :D

I like merc's idea to go back with the story, just thinking of this, gives me shivers, because I remember the first time I entered the Barrier, and that atmo, so if they bring the story back, there must be a great, game...I'm very very courious how did the colony looked when the barrier was made( I know that you can see that in the intro movie from G1), but I saw an interesting idee, on a link, I think that WwW gave it on a thread, about an mod that had Diego's story as a STORy :D , and there wore some pics there about the colony, and it looked like there wore no trees there...:p . . .I'm just blabering . . . :o

Godcrusher
12.04.2005, 19:40
I really wan't to find out what did the hero did, What was his crime :D

rekinu
12.04.2005, 21:52
it is hard to imagine, because of he's role in the game, he poses like an good guy, and saves alot of persons, and I can't imagine him as a killer...maybe the most plausible crime, is theft .. . he was probably an unskilled thief and got caught trying to steal a bread from a merchant(he was a low life) . . . :D

Godcrusher
13.04.2005, 14:47
Maybe he was acused by mistake :) King needed new workers, so maybe he acussed him of something and trow him inthe colony :cool:

rekinu
13.04.2005, 21:02
needed more workers...hmmm....that is true, maybe he was the wrong man in the wrong place. . .or he stoled a bread from a merchant (he was a low life) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

MercSteff
14.04.2005, 08:37
if it will ever be explained it will probably be something like "it was his destiny to be sent to the colony..."

Godcrusher
14.04.2005, 13:25
if it will ever be explained it will probably be something like "it was his destiny to be sent to the colony..."

Yeah :D Or that he was chosen to destroy the barrier and so on :D

rekinu
15.04.2005, 00:44
guess you are right..but it won't be so much fun . . . maybe there was a crime, just like Lothars crime(there was a man in a black robe ...or something...)and they planned it so the hero would be condamned, because they wanted him to get killed(in the colony)...

MercSteff
15.04.2005, 08:19
why is everyone trying to make up stories so that the hero would turn out innocent? maybe he did commit a crime! it is not so impossible, you know. like didn't any of you, at least once, kick someone's ass and then loot his inventory durring gothic? if anyone says no, i don't believe him! so he may have been sent to the prison colony for a crime he DID commit!

Godcrusher
15.04.2005, 12:49
grrrrrrrr another answer must wait for g3 :(

MercSteff
04.05.2005, 08:56
in light of the newly uncovered info on G3, you may have some clues as to xardas's role in the game. i'm sure you've all seen the artwork (promotional poster?) with xardas! now why would they make a poster using xardas and not the hero? plus he is made too look powerful and fierce!

Godcrusher
04.05.2005, 14:34
in light of the newly uncovered info on G3, you may have some clues as to xardas's role in the game. i'm sure you've all seen the artwork (promotional poster?) with xardas! now why would they make a poster using xardas and not the hero? plus he is made too look powerful and fierce!

Yeas xardas looks wery powerfull in that poster :D ;) Like it wery much. i think that Xardas will have a bigger part than hero in g3.

rekinu
17.06.2005, 10:09
Thinking of resurrest this thread because it is about Xardas.

Here we can talk about him, and not have to spam on other threads....

G1, starts with Xardas, and G2, ends with Xardas... I bet that G3, will end with Xardas......;)

Godcrusher
17.06.2005, 18:47
Basicly all story lies on Xardas. You're just the one who saves evrything,

rekinu
30.06.2005, 23:42
Where did Xardas studied magic ? in Khorinis, or mainland ?

I bet if we go into mainland, we will be on Xardas's teritory, I mean, I bet he has some old friends from Circle of Fire, that follows him now, and become necros, and he has a very big house, or tower with plenty of tunnels and such...and they are all a powerfull team, and could help us destroy those godamn orcs...

P.S. I bet Diego too , has some unfinish business, there, probably some hidden stash, you know him....he is full of secrets...;)

Zaratul
01.07.2005, 09:10
I think that Xardas will have his tower because he loves towers! :D And bilds them in one night! :p

The defenetly are going to be more necros, but I don`t know will be they with Xardas (usualy he`s on his own!)

rekinu
01.07.2005, 11:41
no , not really... he was not on he's own...he was with the hero !... :D so he might have some friends who will help him, or send them in missions to find out things...:D

Putoboss
04.07.2005, 23:00
About the crime the hero commited, maybe he was payed to kill the kings wife, and then they incriminated Lee for it, and throw both Lee and the hero (so that he wouldn t say nothing about what was done)

And about Xardas, he seems pretty greedy when he says that hed already tried to get the power of beliar when the hero defeated the sleeper and that now he holds such power (after defeating the undead dragon) so i think he will try to try aprentice necromancers in orther to throw them at the hero's path so that he can be killed, and so Xardas his the only one to possess a godly power on mortal world, i think he is like those guys who preteend to be good,a nd then at the end get prize and use it for themselves

Zaratul
05.07.2005, 08:24
§welcome Putobos!!! U can write about Youreself in welcomethread! :D

About the crime the hero commited, maybe he was payed to kill the kings wife, and then they incriminated Lee for it, and throw both Lee and the hero (so that he wouldn t say nothing about what was done)

That couldn`t be because Lee was long time before the Hero in colony. Or u think that they couldn`t cath him? :p I think that Hero didn`t kill Rhobars vife!

And about Xardas, he seems pretty greedy when he says that hed already tried to get the power of beliar when the hero defeated the sleeper and that now he holds such power (after defeating the undead dragon) so i think he will try to try aprentice necromancers in orther to throw them at the hero's path so that he can be killed, and so Xardas his the only one to possess a godly power on mortal world, i think he is like those guys who preteend to be good,a nd then at the end get prize and use it for themselves

Maybe but maybe not! We`ll se that when G3 releases! :D

Putoboss
05.07.2005, 10:46
Sry about mu grammar errors over there, but still you dont if the heros had been on the run before he got caught and got thrown into the colony, maybe he did so, or maybe he was just thrown in there by the magicians, so that he could dilliver the letter

WernerTWC
05.07.2005, 15:51
or maybe he was just thrown in there by the magicians, so that he could dilliver the letter

Imho no! It is said in the game, that the most people in the colony will kill you, just to get this letter. The magicans could throw it to everybody in the colony. Everybody (from the old camp) would like to overbring this letter.

Putoboss
05.07.2005, 16:00
Just because he was thrown there for thar porpuse, it doesnt mean that everybody know so

Godcrusher
09.07.2005, 15:01
Where did Xardas studied magic ? in Khorinis, or mainland ?

I bet if we go into mainland, we will be on Xardas's teritory, I mean, I bet he has some old friends from Circle of Fire, that follows him now, and become necros, and he has a very big house, or tower with plenty of tunnels and such...and they are all a powerfull team, and could help us destroy those godamn orcs...

P.S. I bet Diego too , has some unfinish business, there, probably some hidden stash, you know him....he is full of secrets...;)

I think on the mainland he masterd the magic craft. About the hideout...i think that in the mainland there is an aicent Beliars temple where the necrons gather. I also think that Xardas will have his own tower too.

Putoboss
11.07.2005, 12:07
Xardas allways has a tower, thats a impossible to change, thats just Xardas

WernerTWC
11.07.2005, 15:12
Xardas allways has a tower, thats a impossible to change, thats just Xardas
Thats true, but on the other hand, maybe heŽs going to his old home (in the main-city), where he lived and worked before the magic-barrier was made.

Zaratul
12.07.2005, 09:20
I think that he`ll have his own secret in Firemage monastery on mainland!!! Like in Khorinis! :D But defenetly he`ll have his tower!!! :p

WernerTWC
12.07.2005, 17:43
I think that he`ll have his own secret in Firemage monastery on mainland!!! Like in Khorinis! :D But defenetly he`ll have his tower!!! :p
Well, I think, you are defenetly right:

Xardas Tower in Gothic 3 (http://worldofgothic.de/screenshots/detail.php?id=512')

http://people.freenet.de/WernerTWC/s/mf_bluesbrother.gif http://people.freenet.de/WernerTWC/s/mf_bluesbrother.gif http://people.freenet.de/WernerTWC/s/mf_bluesbrother.gif

DeadlyArrow
13.07.2005, 09:00
Right, Xardes likes towers and he can make a tower in one night :cool: I'm afraid his own home in mainland could be in ruins now - or maybe it's protected with demons, I see he likes demons as much as towers :D

ElieTheGreat
12.08.2005, 21:49
I think he is an adept and egoistic mage who would not risk to became a slave of Beliar. But I don't know what he want to do with the energie.

I wanna Bring this back up coz I just finished G2 and I wanna talk about Xardas...

lol, I don't think that Xardas "Stole" the power of beliar , he just passed on the undead dragon's power on to him and thus he became the chosen of beliar ...

is he too weak to control the power in his body and will be a servant of Beliar? The Player's Hero is a chosen of Innos, Is he too weak to control the power in his body and obey Innos? The hero is for good but he doesn't do it as obeying Innos , so I think it's what HE decides ...

Guys you remember the Tears of Innos of course ,and how Innos Cryed when he knew he had to fight his own brother, well I think that the story will bring the what happend with the gods down to the chosens of the gods, I think that Beliar will keep playing with Xardas' head or someth until he becomes against the hero and I think that Xardas May die in the end of G3 coz as you realize that every chosen of beliar dies at the end of each game so it's Xardas' turn next time, of course after Xardas (maybe) dies it will all turn dramatic and will bring us to the first time the hero met Xardas and stuff and what the went through together ... I don't think he'll fall for Beliar 's wrath but the rules are the rules, one each of the 2 god's chosen has to die at the end and to Xardas it's either him or the Hero so he'll choose to save the hero and sacrifice himself, It'll be something Like that, JUST REMEMBER ME WHEN WE ALL REACH THE ENDING OF G3 !! :p ... if the story is so than it'd ROCK
but we'll cry of course lol ... You know Just as Innos and Beliar are fighting it's the same with their chosens and Innos seems to be winning in all G games so Beliar will fall at the end and so will his Chosen/Chosens ... as I said in every G game the Chosen of Beliar Dies at the end by the hands of the Chosen of Innos , the hero...

And one more thing ... just immagine if Xardas was a girl and everyth happened the same but insted of male Xardas , it's a female , just immagine the hero in g1 teleporting up the tower and seing a big scary robe turning it's back on him and reading and then they'd show us an FMV lol of them chating and of the hero suprised and stuff .... until the end of g3 when she dies For her love , our hero , ... and he then he would screaaaam and either stop all his fights and retire as a chosen of innos or keep on fighting in his love's name and they would show us that he would keep fighting evil until he got old and droped dead and a new baby gets delivred ... and then THE END ... wow then it'd be Sad and .. and ... just WOW lol I should be the one making the Gothic Movie :p lol

rekinu
13.08.2005, 05:55
big imagination. :rolleyes:

ElieTheGreat
20.08.2005, 13:25
well ya it is, but more like a prediction really.
Don't ya think Rek ? ;)

ThorTheViking
21.08.2005, 12:23
I think that Xardas will become evil. Maybe not in g3 but in g4 we will probably have to face him. I don't like it when he uses you to beat undead dragon and than he gets all the power. §burn

rekinu
21.08.2005, 12:55
:D fu*k it, for me it's alright, I don't want superpowers, and shit. let him have he's powers, I just want to end all this shit, and relax for the rest of my life....remember that the hero had to spend the rest of he's life in a prison(colony), so he just hopes that he can escape the prison after all its over, thats why he does all these deeds, so that people will forget that he was a convict....

ThorTheViking
22.08.2005, 17:04
Since the hero is you, Rekinu your motiv for playing is that we forget you are a criminal. :D :D

I'm a criminal toohttp://www.shrani.si/pics/gun282597.gif

Godcrusher
22.08.2005, 18:31
mee to i stole beer last night :D

rekinu
22.08.2005, 21:04
hehe, that it's what a guy like him thinks..... right ? what reason would he have to save the world ?

ThorTheViking
22.08.2005, 22:37
Fame and Glory. For everything there should be a reward. :D

_DieGo_
27.08.2005, 09:38
What about Xardas' armor? it's a special one isn't it? i like his armor he really looks like a necromancer in it (imagine Xardas in a fire robe :D it doesn't match with him) BTW:does anybody know how much protection has this armor? :D

rekinu
27.08.2005, 09:46
Xardas has a necromancer robe. thats why he looks like a necromancer.Its the same type of robe that he gives you in G1. you can see the protections in the cheats section there are the parameters, or by playing G1, and look at the robe.

He doesn't really need a special robe (armour), because no one gets to touch him. He is to powerfull, in all Gothic games I never saw someone to hit xardas, or to fight with him an touch him....so the necromancer robe is all he needs....;) (best defense is ofense :p Xardas style....:))

Faby
27.08.2005, 09:54
Xardas in Fire robe would look like Corristo(G1)

ElieTheGreat
27.08.2005, 12:20
Quoting what Godcrusher said about Xardas, well I explained my opinion previously but I think we'll face him in Gothic 3, why ? because The chosen of Innos, (Us ! The hero) always faces at the end of each Gothic Game the Chosen of Beliar (Which is now Xardas) he could turn Evil he could stay good ... anyway guys if you didn't read my opinion , plz do , and tell me what you think, and rekinu thanks for describing my opinion but i want you to tell me what you think .

Godcrusher
28.08.2005, 21:38
Whell if g3 will be the last one, either Xardas or the hero will be dead at least i hope. Xardas shoud stay good be who can be better arch enemy then he who taught and told you so many.Imagine how hard ot will be for the hero to kill him or the other way around.

ThorTheViking
28.08.2005, 22:00
Killing Xardas? It won't be hard. Well at least not for me. :D

rekinu
28.08.2005, 22:37
ellie what do you mean ?

Whell if g3 will be the last one, either Xardas or the hero will be dead at least i hope.

well, GODcrusher, you are right. one of them should die, and surely (and I hope too) hero will die because G it's not a kids game (or is it ?) and it's end should not be with flowers and shit, but it will have to be a dark ending with the hero dying in battle, a big one, by the hands of Xardas , or Beliar himself, and Diego, Gorn, Lester and Milten (who faught the battle along with the hero), will be also really hurt with their clothes ripped , from the black fire of evil, and they are crawling (very hard) to the hero's dead body with tears in their eyes.....but the world is saved because with he's last breath the hero BANISHED (NOT destroyed) the evil from world, and probably after 100 years the evil will come back to the world.....but till then the world remains in peace but under a black sky......and after a black screen shows on the monitor, there will be the 4, sending the dead body on the sea with alot of candles, he's sword and their respect..........

ThorTheViking
28.08.2005, 22:46
No they make a viking funeral on a nice ship. and they burn her. §burn
But i think hero should survive so that there can be gothic 4 if after some time we would found a good story. :D

rekinu
28.08.2005, 22:57
it's hard to find a good story for G3.....the story for G2, is pretty weak (but nice), and you think that they will make G4 ? for every game , for every movie, for every novell, the trilogy it's perfect so that the game,movie,novell(etc) to have success.... it's better to end with G3, and make another RPG as good as Gothic, because they are very inventive and have alot of experience after making these 3 games, so it would be a very great RPG, instead of making G4 and the story sucks....EVEN the name of G4, inspires a game that it's made just to be made, like thos games that reaach number 9 , 10, 11, 12 and they all suck.....GOTHIC 3 it's the perfect name....;) my opinion...

exodian
29.08.2005, 18:38
Totally agree with that u rekinu, and i like your dark vision about how G3 ends. Xardas in gonna cuase sum trouble thats for sure lol. Either he faces the main character, or the Gods theirself :eek: wouldnt that be a showdown lol Xardas the GodFighter §ugly

But why u say its hard to find a good story for G3? The story of G3 is the combined story of G1, G2 and it ends in G3. In the intro of G1 u saw the battle of the Orcs, and in G3 u gonna be part of it. The whole reason the main character was in the colony was because of this war.

So i guess u made a typing error and u meant G4? And agree about the storyline of G2, it is what linear at times and not well brought, when i first finished it I had a feeling the game was missing sumthing, It lacked a special atmospere, but when NOTR was released i found out why. The game was released to early i suppose, because NOTR was how G2 had to be. So when i talk bout G2 i talk about the complete Game G2+NOTR

ThorTheViking
29.08.2005, 19:15
@Rekinu
What do you mean weak? It doesen't seem any weaker than G1 story.
I think that g2 has a really great story maybe you just don't like it as much, because g1 has a diffrent feeling. But the story in g2 has a realy strong line and thats why it's so good.

As for G4. As you wrote the only problem is the story. And as you said that PB are very inovative. Why make another game in which everything will be similar to gothic with other story? If they come up with a great story for that new game they could just rearange that story so it fits gothic. As I say from the begining. The only problem is the story. So if they come up with good story they can make g4 or some new game. But i would prefer g4 wouldn't you?

Idea: When gothic 3 finishes and the orcs are beaten or Xardas or wathever we will have to beat this time, the hero can travel to distant kingdom that has problems. So you can change the game and the story to something that has nothing to do with Myrtana. Make new enemies. Make the game more complex and realistic in every aspekt. :D

rekinu
29.08.2005, 20:43
well, exodian tnx for likeing that idea, and I didn't made a typin error, because I wanted to say that they are trying very hard to find a good story for G3.... yes it has conection with G1, and G2, but only a based conection, if you think about the end of G2, the only conection with G3's story is that you go with Esmeralda and friends on mainland, and that is all......so they really have to make a story from scratch, from begining.(if you get me...:D) so it's very hard, they said in an interview (dunno the month....april...or sth) that they still didn't make the story, and that they are working on it very hard.... so if making a story for G3 it's so hard, and has to be perfect, think about G4....

well, Thor, I get your point but I really think that G3 should end the saga....I won't worry a bit, because it will be a big game, maybe with 300-350 hours of play(hope so:D:D:D), and alot different ways to finish it that you will play it for 2 years if you won't get bored...;) in meantime, they could develope a different game, an RPG, but totally diferent from Gothic.

and about the story of G2, it is not so good, because in the begining you find what you have to do, and isn't so surprising...they could have done it more like they will do the G3 one, becoz it's the same thing, G1 ended without any thaugts of G2 story , so they could make it more interesting...:)

DeadlyArrow
30.08.2005, 08:43
I don't want hero to die :D he's too young, after all. But Xardas... Yeah, he deserves rest... And who knows maybe he is responsible that in the world of G3 magic is gone

Godcrusher
30.08.2005, 08:57
Maybe in the end Xardas whoud realized that Beliar wants them both dead, so he choud sacrifise so that hero choud escape.

_DieGo_
30.08.2005, 09:26
Originally posted by Godcrudher
Maybe in the end Xardas whoud realized that Beliar wants them both dead, so he choud sacrifise so that hero choud escape.
Interesting theory Godcrusher, but i think that if g3 will be the last gothic game then a lot of ppl will die including Xardas an the hero ;)

Godcrusher
30.08.2005, 10:49
Interesting theory Godcrusher, but i think that if g3 will be the last gothic game then a lot of ppl will die including Xardas an the hero ;)

yeah i really hope so that both will die :)

Faby
30.08.2005, 11:32
Or smth. like the hero unites with Xardas to defeat Beliar,but then Xardas becomes a Dark God,and in G4 the hero should defeat Xardas the God.The perfect betrayal story! ;)

rekinu
30.08.2005, 11:33
well, did anyone thaught at the fact that Xardas might STOLEN the powers from Beliar....and that Beliar it's angry because he gave alot of power to the Undead Dragon, and Xardas took it without Beliar's allowance, and he knows that Beliar it's angry with him , and tryies to avoid him, until the last battle....

Faby
30.08.2005, 11:38
..On the other hand,good idea rekinu!I would like Xardas to die in pain and agony §burn

rekinu
30.08.2005, 11:44
well, and what about this , hero is not leting Beliar to touch Xardas because he says sth like this " F**K it, why should you die because you took those powers I ain't letting Beliar to hurt you ". And he could use Innos to defend Xardas, and then Godcrusher's theory comes in action, and tada we have a nice idea....;)

Godcrusher's theory:

Faby
30.08.2005, 11:51
But probably Adanos has something to do with this xardas'-steal-of-beliar-power-end of G3 theory.As you probably remember(if you searched) in G3 the War of the Gods or smth. like that might make the main plot.

_DieGo_
30.08.2005, 12:58
But probably Adanos has something ...
yeah... we forgot that innos and beliar are not the only gods in the gothic world... in g1 and g2 adanos is very few times remembered... so i think that in g3 adanos will have a more important role... i think that there will be new servants ( mages) and warriors of adanos :D

Godcrusher
30.08.2005, 15:25
But probably Adanos has something to do with this xardas'-steal-of-beliar-power-end of G3 theory.As you probably remember(if you searched) in G3 the War of the Gods or smth. like that might make the main plot.

Adanos will only 'fix' the hole that another battle between good and evil will blow. So he will only restore balance once more after we're done. At least i think.

Archibal
30.08.2005, 16:39
I think Xardas will test you and try to make you swear loiality to the forces of Darkness.If you will follow this path he will be your master and togheder you will destroy the King and his Paladins!

Godcrusher
30.08.2005, 17:02
I think Xardas will test you and try to make you swear loiality to the forces of Darkness.If you will follow this path he will be your master and togheder you will destroy the King and his Paladins!

that whoud be great. But Beliar cannot have two wery wery powerfull man on his side, hero and xardas cannot be both evil. Who of innos's fucks will be left to crush then? :p

Cathar the Great
30.08.2005, 20:21
Mud
§hehe

Gothic guy
30.08.2005, 21:31
Maybe beliar cant Control Xardas because he has a strong mind, But if you think about it xardas would Not be on either side, because he once was a high member of the circle of fire(Innos) But then he turn to black magic and had studyed it for years(Beliar)

_DieGo_
31.08.2005, 10:13
well... i think Xardas will remain on the good side...
i dont know why but i think he will help the hero a lot in g3 too

Godcrusher
31.08.2005, 10:27
Mud
§hehe

or even better Pyrokar :D

rekinu
31.08.2005, 12:15
well Xardas started the black magic, because those from Circle of Fire didn't want to use black magic for destroying the barrier, so he retired in he's tower for study it and destroy the damn barrier....