PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : cheats yes or no

LadyLomar
04.02.2005, 02:48
are you cheating?

from the beginning on or after playing the game through?

imo cheats are interesting if bugs occure and you need to cheat to get further, also maybe to enjoy the game after three or four times, maybe making screenshots or something else.

but in my behaviour i´d never start a new game within cheating.

what do you think about?

greeZZ me

Manolo
04.02.2005, 04:04
no i hate cheats,i always angry with games i don't know if there are easy, theare short or i too smart ;) ....but when i finished i feel that i incomplete.....i like the long and difficult games...
i never chet, only when i finish the game sometimes i chets.....when i play gothic i think that there were no chets....at 3 time that i played i use the orc teleportation scroll in the lock door(under the gomez castle)...and i could't get out.....(i was real stupid that i save the game....and i don't want to use my second save because i was to long to recuperate what i had done....so i search for trick...and then i coem addic...someones are really funny....and i was so great be lvl 1 and kick gomez ass....with insert xp_map

Dez
04.02.2005, 11:04
no cheats.

Ok i must confess that once i summoned few empty runestones or on an occasion few lockpicks when i'm damn too tired to walk all the way back to town to buy those bloody lockpicks..

Aurvandill
04.02.2005, 11:30
At the first play of the game I have not cheated! I think it isn´t fun to cheat there! But evertimes ´, when the game is boring and you have played often you can cheat! I´ve done, too.

@LadyLomar:Hier bin ich ;) !(Here I am)

Iron Mouse
04.02.2005, 11:31
Nah, no cheats. Except, of course, to "solve" Problems which appeared due to bugs. I just don't see why I should ruin the fun in a game which I paid money for...
BTW, I see bugusing as cheating as well...

TheGladiator
04.02.2005, 11:44
like the most of you I don`t like cheats, too. they are useful if you want to make good screenshots or movies or something like that, but by using them during playing they make the game to easy to be can mastered. when i`m making screenshots for my wallpapers (http://thegladiator.th.funpic.de/bcds/index.php?show=Wallpaper) i do cheat. yes, but only if that`s the case, everything ist would be to simple then when I`d play. therefore i think it`s ok when cheats can be used in a game and if a noob can`t master the game at all they can use cheats.

LadyLomar
04.02.2005, 11:48
@TheGladiator
respect, quiet good wallpapers on your site....visit it people :D

greeZZ me

RoiDanton
04.02.2005, 11:51
I cheat for the gothic databases only. That helps a lot to find out or try many things.

Aurvandill
04.02.2005, 11:58
@the Gladiator:Really perfect wallpapers, I´ve made to my background!

Really good §respekt

Sektenspinner
04.02.2005, 12:09
I didn't cheat when I played gothic for the first time.
But lateron I started cheating when I fell down a cliff or when I forgot to use the secret torch on the treasure Island near Khorinis or something like that just to avoid loading.
And if bugs occure of course.

For modding I also have the cheats sometimes.

one-cool
04.02.2005, 12:19
NEVER on multiplayer

In Singleplayer-Mode:
At the first time I never use cheats.
At the second time (when I finished it properly) I tend to stick in a GOD mode or someother amusing mod.

Blademaster
04.02.2005, 12:20
cheating sucks hard and i won't cheat in the future. if a strong monster attacks me, i will destroy it with my own power and intelligence :D

Katsche
04.02.2005, 18:12
I'm cheating after i have ended the game for the first time without using any cheats.

Plying with cheats can be real fun so i do this just to have fun.

möe
07.02.2005, 13:30
the first time i played gothic i didn't now how to cheat also i didn't do it.
Now i cheat me sometimes to waypoints because i don't want to walk or i fly a little bit, i play with animations, and test new things that are only to get with cheats. or the letter in the swamp or the car in the canon that you afaik only can see with cheats

razvanescu
10.02.2005, 21:44
I'm fermly against cheatting in any computer game.
I agree on readding a tutorial if u get stuck somewhere in the game but cheatting spoils all the fun u can get from it.
Gothic is a verry ballanced and in the same time challanging game in my oppinion therefore you don't need to cheat to reach the finish.

crimson_cosmos
16.02.2005, 22:30
Neah! Cheats are not for me. It spoils the atmosphere. If it's a bug and I can't find a way around, I could cheat - but it would hurt...deep inside :p. Thank God I didn't have to do it yet! Let's hope that we won't find bad bugs in Gothic 3 ;). As for tutorials or walkthoughs - I used those on occasion, I don't want to miss a spot - after all, these guys went though a lot of trouble to make that little corner of world you may miss :D

Sowilo
17.02.2005, 17:53
according to TheGladiator cheats should be included because without cheats many fanmovies, comics and wallpapers would't be possible.

XRay
17.02.2005, 18:32
I`m not interested in any kind of Cheats, nevertheless they are important to get rid of some bugs or to make movies, screens so as Sowilo explained.

Just because of the existence of Cheats nobody is "forced" to use them for normal playing. As long as people use them offline, i have no problem with it, but online cheaters should strictly be banned out of the game.

MercSteff
23.02.2005, 12:54
cheats are ok, but not on the first run!

Targor
26.02.2005, 16:51
cheats never ok! i say no to cheats! they made the games boring. the most cheating people are to bad in game! :rolleyes:

ps: i know, my englisch are very good :p

hagalaz
27.02.2005, 11:09
My point of view is, cheats are only for repairing bugs in the gameplay, for making comics or videos and for having fun after finishing the game without cheats a couple of times.

@ries
27.02.2005, 13:13
i always edid abilites when i lack from some weapons (damn bad habbit :mad: ) §rofl

rekinu
09.03.2005, 10:59
hmmm....i had to use one cheat in gothic 1 , when after I finished everything in the ORC TEMPLE (you know that creepy BIG place with those godamn shamans) I couldn't get out...could not teleport, and I had to get some transform into meatbug spells to get out passing those gates...:) that's all...

Stahlwolf
12.03.2005, 19:55
sometimes to bug fiX

or just for fun

Cathar the Great
12.03.2005, 22:49
sometimes it's fun to cheat, for example in g2 to have a look at how all the armors fit your char (orebaron-armor!!), or to make your voice sound deeper

and sometimes, when i get new lp somewhere far away form any regular teacher, i insert the character helper to help me out

MercSteff
15.03.2005, 09:22
it all depends on the mood you're in. if you want to mess around, after having played the game several times wothiout cheats, you could try to see how it is. smtimes i use godmode to get quickly past an adversary i can defeat, but would take alot of time and nerves!

Godcrusher
18.03.2005, 05:59
I never cheat when i play G1 or G2. I only have to use cheats, in
the sleepers temple, cuz i didn'i know ho to open the door :(

MercSteff
18.03.2005, 09:15
I never cheat when i play G1 or G2. I only have to use cheats, in
the sleepers temple, cuz i didn'i know ho to open the door :(

two ways for that:

1. get the teleportation scroll from a chest in one of the rooms in the first or building (guarded by orc temple warriors)

2. use telekinesis to get the statue on top of the obelisc(or whatever it is) right in front of the temple entry. there are orc shamans around it and they get pissed if you use magic, so you will have to kill them first!

the 1st option iworks only once so you'll still have to get the statue, because you have to enter the stemple a second time, after repairing uritziel!

Godcrusher
18.03.2005, 12:49
two ways for that:

1. get the teleportation scroll from a chest in one of the rooms in the first or building (guarded by orc temple warriors)

2. use telekinesis to get the statue on top of the obelisc(or whatever it is) right in front of the temple entry. there are orc shamans around it and they get pissed if you use magic, so you will have to kill them first!

the 1st option iworks only once so you'll still have to get the statue, because you have to enter the stemple a second time, after repairing uritziel!

I konw that now, just didn't when i played the first time :rolleyes:
tnx anyway

Vanlender
18.03.2005, 13:12
Oh, i don't like cheats because they make games not interesting.

MercSteff
21.03.2005, 08:44
I konw that now, just didn't when i played the first time :rolleyes:
tnx anyway

oh. ok then! :rolleyes:

rekinu
21.03.2005, 20:48
Oh, i don't like cheats because they make games not interesting.

nah, if you played the game once, or twice without cheats .... playing it again with cheats is kinda fun...

Godcrusher
21.03.2005, 21:05
But it ruins the point of gothic :) at least that's what i think
ewrything became to easy with cheats :rolleyes:

rekinu
21.03.2005, 21:48
yeah, but if you played gothic ten times...killed the sleeper ten times without cheats, you will surely play it once again with cheats, just for fun...:D

MercSteff
23.03.2005, 08:56
i always played Gothic straight, without cheats and with every camp, a few times. then i played with cheats, but couldn't finish it because i always got bored! now, even if i've palyed every freaking version about 10 times, i still don't use cheats!

KingOvi
23.03.2005, 21:47
Not to cheat!

Sowilo
23.03.2005, 22:50
If u increased in strength with 10 LP's. And noitice that u forgot to disable ur + 5 strength belt so that u needed 5 LP' more. And u have no savegame to correct this mistake. Would u cheat?

MercSteff
24.03.2005, 08:40
If u increased in strength with 10 LP's. And noitice that u forgot to disable ur + 5 strength belt so that u needed 5 LP' more. And u have no savegame to correct this mistake. Would u cheat?

nope. never! especially if it was my fault. being an idiot must have its price! bugs, on the other hand, are smthing else! i don't consider it cheating if you use marvin to get past a game bug!

Sowilo
24.03.2005, 12:22
k, I didn't cheated my LP's back too...

Godcrusher
24.03.2005, 12:31
defitnily not!
i whoud wait a level, or drink a potion ti increase my strenght

Sowilo
24.03.2005, 14:31
I brew 5 one^^.

rekinu
24.03.2005, 14:41

why need another 5 LP ? you could keep the belt on you for those +5 strenght until you pased a lvl or something ... :D

KingOvi
03.04.2005, 14:37
I don't use cheats

rockfest
23.10.2005, 13:32
I see that all of you don't like to use cheats. I don't see what's such a big deal. I use cheats when i need some technical things and i use cheats when i played the game for the X time. And i have to say that the marvin mode is not a cheat. It's a console. You cheat when you use "cheat god" , "cheat full",etc. It's kind of obvious that these are cheats, but insert or any other command in gothic is not a cheat...

Faby
23.10.2005, 13:50
I say that I use cheats very much(that's why on forums I'm named Cheatmaster)I use cheats for fun(like inserting a rockefeller,then Guardian Mode,and killing all the Old Camp),and I also use them for game problems(stuck gates and such).So in my opinion,cheats are good for fun and technical problems.Each person has his own opinion :D,so I say YES to cheats :A

_DieGo_
23.10.2005, 16:13
good that you undigged this thread rockfest... never read it... to answer to the topic(cheats yes or no) i answer definetly not :) (IMO)

DeadlyArrow
23.10.2005, 21:32
I also find cheats fine somethimes, but i never save when i cheat, and i never read any walkthroughs when playing Gothic. So, I'll support Faby and say "yes" ;)

WernerTWC
23.10.2005, 21:40
I also find cheats fine somethimes, but i never save when i cheat, and i never read any walkthroughs when playing Gothic. So, I'll support Faby and say "yes" ;)
Thats exactly my point of view!
For me cheating starts when you save, maybe when you raise your strenght or something like this! Thats imo ruins the game.
Only to have fun, or to see some eastereggs, you couldn´t reach without cheating (there is a car in NotR ;) ) then it´s fully ok, or to insert In Extremo!

Godcrusher
23.10.2005, 22:00
Thats exactly my point of view!
For me cheating starts when you save, maybe when you raise your strenght or something like this! Thats imo ruins the game.
Only to have fun, or to see some eastereggs, you couldn´t reach without cheating (there is a car in NotR ;) ) then it´s fully ok, or to insert In Extremo!

did i missed something? There's a car in Notr?

DeadlyArrow
23.10.2005, 22:01
I think cheats are not only with marvin - it's some bugs in game when you can get experience for nothing, and it's also cheating, and i think it's more worse than marvin, coz then ppl do it and say "i'm not cheating, i only use holes in game", so i think it's better to do it right way - use marvin and console.

WernerTWC
23.10.2005, 22:06
did i missed something? There's a car in Notr?
In the canyon, there is this old building,... this old library,... above this building there is a car, ... and a letter on it! ;) only can be reached with the (i´m not sure, f8 jumping i think) cheats.

rockfest
23.10.2005, 23:34
I think cheats are not only with marvin - it's some bugs in game when you can get experience for nothing, and it's also cheating, and i think it's more worse than marvin, coz then ppl do it and say "i'm not cheating, i only use holes in game", so i think it's better to do it right way - use marvin and console.
But these "bugs" could be used to exploit the game. Some of them are beeing specially created so the experienced players can use them. I don't really believe they're cheats. When you play a game for the x time don't you want to maximize the playing and do things that normally can't be done? :D

DeadlyArrow
23.10.2005, 23:51
Major part of them are bugs. For example in some G2 versions you could buy dragon eggs from Bennet and sell them to him and get exp points and so on. Or you could 100 times tell to Mika about mercs on the farm and get exp exxery time. It's bugs and if you use them it's cheating.

rockfest
24.10.2005, 00:05
Major part of them are bugs. For example in some G2 versions you could buy dragon eggs from Bennet and sell them to him and get exp points and so on. Or you could 100 times tell to Mika about mercs on the farm and get exp exxery time. It's bugs and if you use them it's cheating.
To be honest i didn't even knew about these "errors" because i agree with them, they're bugs. i don't need to eran money or exp that way...i rather kill a good old troll and the pleasure is doubled... :p

Colonelu
24.10.2005, 06:12
I can say i use cheats sometimes :D
When you are bored of walking and you have much to walk you can use f8 and you reach in no time to the destination :D

Faby
24.10.2005, 07:09
Or if you controll a Rockefeller,you can see all the armors,weapons,potions,etc.Cobine that with Guardian Mode and you're ready to do reall mass distruction to one(or all) the camps!And then it'll be just you....One more thing:Even the invincible NPC's can get vulnerable(b-marvin-b-F2-edit focus(with the invulnerable NPC in your focus)-flags=0,and voila! :D

Archibal
24.10.2005, 20:17
I never use cheats at Gothic, what's left of the game if you can't be defeted.
It's more fun to be defented once or twice and to try and try to get more and more powerfull.
At the end I'm prowed of my caract.No cheats, invincible, nice armor :cool:
Advice: DON'T USE CHEATS!

rockfest
24.10.2005, 22:40
I don't understand all of your thinking. Why are you beeing so extremists?
I have to agree with faby at a point.
- When playing a game for the story, for the first time it's not good to use cheats.
- After a while you want to do more, try things that can't be made without cheats. Playing like this makes you a better player because the next time when you play the game you know stuff, how should you outrun an orc, how to trick orcs so you can gather them in one place and kill them all with MKM ;) ,etc.
This is my opinion about cheats.

Vladix
30.10.2005, 19:37
Well i'm new here and i'll say a definite NO to cheats.They ruin the whole game.
I fineshed all gothic games(g1,g2,g2 NotR) and not a single once whit a cheat.

Oo and my english is limited so don't get scared ok?

Vladix
30.10.2005, 19:38
Well i'm new here and i'll say a definite NO to cheats.They ruin the whole game.
I fineshed all gothic games(g1,g2,g2 NotR) and not a single time whit a cheat.

p.s.:told you my english is limited

DeadlyArrow
30.10.2005, 19:45
@Vladix
your english is ok (we can understand you and it's all we want from your english), but if you want change something in your post use EDIT button :D

_DieGo_
30.10.2005, 20:17
vladix don't double post! ;) if you want to edit something in your post use the edit button above ;).. btw: read the rules here (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/announcement.php?f=160&announcementid=39) ;)

WernerTWC
30.10.2005, 21:34
I fineshed all gothic games(g1,g2,g2 NotR) and not a single time whit a cheat.

p.s.:told you my english is limited

Staying in here has helped me to raise my rusty english-knowings! ;)

You should avoid double-posts, instead use the http://forum.worldofplayers.de/layouts/wog-en/edit.gif -button, if you want to add something to your post! :)

Edit: *lol* ,... it went to a fast forum! :D

Faby
31.10.2005, 06:56
@Vladix
your english is ok (we can understand you and it's all we want from your english), but if you want change something in your post use EDIT button :D

Jees,he's a Newbie,he isn't acustomed to our rules.Leave this guy breathe. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ontopic:Cheats are really fun(I guess I'm saying that the 999 time).If you dont believe me,check this (http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a224/Fabyanutz/GCS0009.jpg).Made by me,with a little bit of struggle. :D

Important EDIT:Gomez's Armor,Thorus' Sword..But neither of hem are wearing them.Because MUD is wearing them! (http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a224/Fabyanutz/GCS0011.jpg)

Zaratul
31.10.2005, 17:11
But still... I havent used them! :D NEVER! But maybe one day I`ll try it! ;)

canalis
31.10.2005, 17:34
I only cheat when I stuck somewhere cause of a bug. And of course, when I bet the game several times to kill some monsters or all people in the old camp (Gothic 1) ^^

Petyamester
31.10.2005, 20:04
I sometimes use the southpark cheat if I don't want to walk big distances and don't want to use speed potions.
And one more thing: do u know how to put into the game that apple tobacco like item that we can mix and give to Fortuno to refresh his memories (or drink by ourselves for xp)? Because there are only 2 of it in the game.

WernerTWC
31.10.2005, 20:19
And one more thing: do u know how to put into the game that apple tobacco like item that we can mix and give to Fortuno to refresh his memories (or drink by ourselves for xp)? Because there are only 2 of it in the game.
Do you need the insert code???
Then it is this:
ItMi_ApfelTabak

rockfest
31.10.2005, 21:19
I sometimes use the southpark cheat if I don't want to walk big distances and don't want to use speed potions.
South Park cheat?

ArmyOfOne
01.11.2005, 06:39
sorry i didnt feel like reading the whole thread but i think cheating isnt a big deal. Gaming companies put in cheat codes to give the player something new/fun to do or a twist to a game once he/she has played the game 10 or so times :) If the player wants to go ahead and cheat the first time he/she plays it, its their loss... WHO CARES. Gothic is still a great game, fun/challenging enough to beat without cheats.

So let them put in cheats so gothic doesnt get so boring to play after 10 or so times.

HyRock
01.11.2005, 10:43
Right... I´t should be like so that you cannot use cheats before you have finished tha game for the first time...

Petyamester
01.11.2005, 18:20
South Park cheat?
Just write SOUTHPARK to the character abilities screen, then hit B. Ta-dam. The time runs 2x faster.

rockfest
01.11.2005, 18:37
@petyamaster lol man...that's usseles. You can edit the time yourself. Anyway, didn't knew that, thanks for the info.

DeadlyArrow
01.11.2005, 18:44
Doubt it will be so useful for me, but it's amazing, tnx for info

Petyamester
01.11.2005, 18:51
@petyamaster lol man...that's usseles. You can edit the time yourself. Anyway, didn't knew that, thanks for the info.
How can be edited?

rockfest
01.11.2005, 19:44
It's a console command but i can't remember it. Sorry, ask some of the cheat-masters.
Edit : here it is : <<set time>>.

Fnoop
28.03.2006, 14:15
I like cheats in some games but I think that cheating Gothic will destroy the game completelly and take all the joy out of playing. Everything will become easy, you will be able to beat anything, nothing is hard to get etc.

[Spawn]
28.03.2006, 14:33
I like cheats in some games but I think that cheating Gothic will destroy the game completelly and take all the joy out of playing. Everything will become easy, you will be able to beat anything, nothing is hard to get etc.
I have destroyed Gothic for myself every time I played it. :(

But currently I'm trying G2 totally without cheats. Already in VoM there. :D

Faby
28.03.2006, 17:09
Sometimes it's really damn hard to play without "Guardian" :p.Now I'm trying NoTR without cheats..Should be also damn hard..

Fnoop
28.03.2006, 17:32
Do you know the 'garfield' cheat? (lol) Hit B write garfield and hit B and everyone will be small and fat §xlol

Faby
28.03.2006, 18:50
Do you know the 'garfield' cheat? (lol) Hit B write garfield and hit B and everyone will be small and fat §xlol
Yea..I know almost every stats screen cheat :)

Fnoop
28.03.2006, 19:38
Can anyone tell me the cheat for walking like a mage or a militia? I remember someone saying in a thread that it is humans_mage and humans_militia but that isn't working :confused:
Btw, I don't use cheats to play the story, I only use them sometimes for fun

WernerTWC
28.03.2006, 20:02
Can anyone tell me the cheat for walking like a mage or a militia? I remember someone saying in a thread that it is humans_mage and humans_militia but that isn't working :confused:
Btw, I don't use cheats to play the story, I only use them sometimes for fun
You can find the answer here:

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?p=1857947&#post1857947

But please use this thread not for asking for cheats since we have now the help-forum for such questions. :)

Fnoop
29.03.2006, 11:19
Okay, thanks :)

Faby
29.03.2006, 18:52
I was wandering in the G2 area..I saw there wasn't a list with Addon Waypoints.I found up a few:

*ADW_PIRATECAMP_WAY_05 (Entrance to Pirate Camp)
*ADW_PORTALTEMPEL_16 (Entrance to Addon World,Water Mage plateau)
*BL_MINE_ENTRANCE_GUARD_SCATTY (Entrance to Gold Mine)
*BL_ENTRANCE_01 (entrance to Inner Bandit Camp)
*ADW_PATH_TO_BL_08 (entrance to Bandit Camp)
*NW_TROLLAREA_PORTALTEMPEL_STUDY_01 (In front of Portal)

Maybe someone needs them :)

Fnoop
29.03.2006, 18:54
Great, that can be very usefull, I myself often don't like to walk long distances cause' it takes too long §burn

Faby
29.03.2006, 19:15
Great, that can be very usefull, I myself often don't like to walk long distances cause' it takes too long §burn
Oh,and every Waypoint that starts with *ADW* works only in the addon world.The *NW* states that the waypoint works only in NewWorld(Khorinis).And I guess BL is from Bandit Laeger.

Fnoop
30.03.2006, 10:03
Is there a mode that can be triggered that will make you sprint as long as you want, as though you would dring a Speed Potion?
I'm really too lazy too walk, even too lazy to watch my character walk :)

BlasphemousInfidel
30.03.2006, 10:09
The only time I cheated was at the end of the game, before the last chapter on Irdoradh. I played the game for abour 10th time and was a little bored as a mercenary, and decided to have some fun in the remainings of the Old Camp. The cheats I used are: godmode and creation of deamon. I still think that it was great to watch the paladins fighting for their lives in a lost battle. I made a few great-looking screenshots, some from above, others from the ground level.

Fnoop
30.03.2006, 12:26
I sometimes cheat for fun too :) I like to insert some scrolls and walk in the middle of the mercenary's camp and then use a few create army of darkness. It's fun watching the hopeless mercenary's. First "Come here damn beast!" and shortly after "AAARGH"
But I hate the fact that some characters are immortal (like Bennet §burn ) I usually use the kill command on them :p

allah
30.03.2006, 14:25
A big NO.....cheats ruins every game.

Archibal
31.03.2006, 08:31
Good games like Gothic should be played without cheats!So, I agree with allah- cheats ruins every game

Zaratul
31.03.2006, 09:08
Me too - I even never tryed to use cheats! :) Not even for fun.

superninja™
31.03.2006, 18:30
When i turn the game for first time i used cheats §cry Second time without cheats.And then the third time with cheat to make the game more entertainment(add NPC , Giving a nice weapons to poor ppl)

Mogymog
01.04.2006, 02:54
A big YES to cheats here! Cheating isn't always bad, and it's not always about ruining game value and game fun...

like if you're going through an area that you know you can kill anyone easily enough and are just strolling along then a horde of Dragon Snappers come out of no where and rip your arms and legs off. I see no problem with godmoding it and F8ing your life back to kill them, turn off godmode and continue on with life. It's not really cheating, it's just saving your butt from a loss of time, and besides they cheated by ambushing you so it's fair!

Or, take the time code. the 'set time #' thing. You're running around doing stuff, it gets late and you have to do something but the person is not there cause of the time. There is nothing wrong with seting time to an early point in the day. I mean really, what you gonna just stand there for 10 game hours, which is like an hour real time, specialy when you have nothing else to do and so running around would be pointless. It doesn't ruin the game play or nothing, just lets you go on without spending pointless time.

And there are tons of other things as well. Inserting a monster for you to fight, thats not cheating, just letting you have fun. Or inserting armor or weapon or amulet or something you've never gotten or seen in the game, or even trying stuff that you can't get in the game. IT just adds some more fun to it.

Faby
01.04.2006, 07:30
A big YES to cheats here! Cheating isn't always bad, and it's not always about ruining game value and game fun...

like if you're going through an area that you know you can kill anyone easily enough and are just strolling along then a horde of Dragon Snappers come out of no where and rip your arms and legs off. I see no problem with godmoding it and F8ing your life back to kill them, turn off godmode and continue on with life. It's not really cheating, it's just saving your butt from a loss of time, and besides they cheated by ambushing you so it's fair!

Or, take the time code. the 'set time #' thing. You're running around doing stuff, it gets late and you have to do something but the person is not there cause of the time. There is nothing wrong with seting time to an early point in the day. I mean really, what you gonna just stand there for 10 game hours, which is like an hour real time, specialy when you have nothing else to do and so running around would be pointless. It doesn't ruin the game play or nothing, just lets you go on without spending pointless time.

And there are tons of other things as well. Inserting a monster for you to fight, thats not cheating, just letting you have fun. Or inserting armor or weapon or amulet or something you've never gotten or seen in the game, or even trying stuff that you can't get in the game. IT just adds some more fun to it.

I agree completely ;)

SirPaladin
01.04.2006, 11:13
If you use cheating for pure fun, it`s OK for me :)
Only n00bs use cheating for quests. §burn