PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Your behavior at the Beginning?

Sowilo
01.02.2005, 18:37
Did u kill all enemies first? Or did u hide urself in the towns and made quest's to became strong enough to kill the enemies?

I made all quests of the chapter first and than i killed all enemies (if i was able to do that).

LadyLomar
01.02.2005, 19:45
well my first intention was also to stay save and skill plus become expansion before meeting the enemies, but after playing the game the third or fourth time i get rougher and tried to kill anything crossing my way, was quiet funny :D

greeZZ me

Sektenspinner
01.02.2005, 19:59
I allways kill the enemys to the fast as I can.
It is, well, kind of delusional perfectionism I'm suffering from - the paranoiac fear not to get all of the XP you are able to get.:D

And even if I have to load a hundred times...
I WANT to kill all troll all shadowbeast, wargs and dragonsnappers in Khorinis before I beginn the second chapter.

Manolo
01.02.2005, 20:25
do all the posibilite quest...then kill all....in g1 before go chapter 2 i was lvl 17 and i have the raven sword....it's mean the second morepowerfull one-handed sword in the game...and i use the battle crossbolt...(i did't say properly)...i could kill al like rats....poor basard's..

Sowilo
01.02.2005, 20:36
In g1 it was funny. After i became member of the olf camp I made a sword and bought the heavy trousers. Than I walked to the sect camp and killed one of the guards with a bad bow. I skilled only strength before so that I could use his weapon. Back in the old camp I killed one of the guards with the new sword and took his golden crossbow. And with this equipment I could kill everyone (who was mortal)^^.

Manolo
01.02.2005, 20:45
the battle crossbow it two times better.....jaJAjaJAj.....sorry i was tentated..
the gold hit for 45 and the batlle for 90 or 100 i don't remember

Sektenspinner
01.02.2005, 20:51
the battle crossbow it two times better.....jaJAjaJAj.....sorry i was tentated..
the gold hit for 45 and the batlle for 90 or 100 i don't rememberThe Golden One (heavy crossbow /schwere Armbrust) does 90 points of damage, the black one (battle crossbow / Kriegsarmbrust) does 100 points of damage so its not not a big difference really.

Manolo
01.02.2005, 21:01
sorry i have misandertund the point of dextery that they ask

BlueSkye
02.02.2005, 19:19
In the beginning i couldnt find out how to fight well, so i got killed constantly :D

So it pretty much became questing all the way, and only killing when i something came in my way :)

Dez
04.02.2005, 11:08
I will usually just do some quests so that is easier to become acquainted with the world, to get more information about people..etc :).I will also travel a lot..Ofcourse i will kill some low level monsters, rats, wolves etc to gain some battle experience..

Shade
04.02.2005, 11:15
@ topic: Oh, very bad. First, i killed the two guards at the entrace of the old camp with help from the orcs.
Then, i'd made all the quests til i was strong enough to kill a shadow walker.
Then i'd killed all the Buddlers in the old mine.
I was very bad then, so i'd cheated.
Oh, yes, I'd play gothic one only with cheats.
That was the mistake, maybe.

Don-Esteban
04.02.2005, 11:39
[...] i killed the two guards at the entrace [...]
[...] Then i'd killed all the Buddlers in the old mine [...]
In my opinion you have violated the game. It's not Postal or Mortyr or another blood & gore splatter shooter. :D

Shade
04.02.2005, 11:49
@ Don: Yeah...but, it was very difficult to kill all these people. I thought, i must did that, because one guard in the old mine have attacked me with his bow, i defend myself and then all the buddlers and the guards in the mine have attacked me.
An with the guards and the orcs...it was also the problem with the attacking.
I said to one the words, that he attacked me, i don't know the words now.
I must defend me, because the one guard want to kill me. And when i attacked the guard, the other attacked me. So i lured they to the orcs.

Shiravuel
04.02.2005, 11:52
Then i'd killed all the Buddlers in the old mine.

Why - the heck - did you do that??? Do you like to kill innocent NPC's? I bet if you'll ever play KOTOR, you will be for sure a Sith-Lord.
btw. in some games it would be your end before finishing a mainquest .... and it would deserve you right :G

Auroc
04.02.2005, 14:22
How can you compare KotoR with Gothic. Shame on you ^^.
To be serious KotoR is too linear. The way you play doesn't change anything.

Back to topic:

I allways try to kill my enemies as early as I can. NPCs are usually not on my list.
So as I'm on my way to the new camp I prepare myself for my fight with Lares. His axe is an exellent weapon for the beginning (as a guildless).

Katsche
04.02.2005, 19:10
I just fighted!

When i started playing Gothic II I had played Gothic I so many times that it was easy the fight because i knew the fighting-system very well and was able to use my scills .

eXecutioner
08.11.2005, 18:43
I don't know if this tread is dead but if not I guess I can post here no? :p

When I start Gothic 2 I kill everything I can between Xardas's tower and the city and after I enter the city I combine the quests in the city with those outside the city wall. Also I try to do as many quests on a path. For exemple: when I do the quest for Bosper I also start the quest with Randolph "Bottoms up".

WernerTWC
08.11.2005, 20:36
I don't know if this tread is dead but if not I guess I can post here no? :p

When I start Gothic 2 I kill everything I can between Xardas's tower and the city and after I enter the city I combine the quests in the city with those outside the city wall. Also I try to do as many quests on a path. For exemple: when I do the quest for Bosper I also start the quest with Randolph "Bottoms up".
Of course you can post in here, you just did it! *g* :p ;)

When i played g1 first time i was first time killed (i think it was by a scavanger :rolleyes: ), from this point on i start acting a little bit more carefully, do as much quests as i can without fighting first.
When i played G2 first time, i was "used to Gothic",... so i killed just everything hitīs my way (and which was able to kill for me).

In g1 it was funny. After i became member of the olf camp I made a sword and bought the heavy trousers. Than I walked to the sect camp and killed one of the guards with a bad bow. I skilled only strength before so that I could use his weapon. Back in the old camp I killed one of the guards with the new sword and took his golden crossbow. And with this equipment I could kill everyone (who was mortal)^^.
Isnīt that makes the game much too easy?
I have once played with a "super-sword" g1 (i reached by using the transform-bug (near a door at the castle), and only trained for using this weapon... maked it much too easy for me.

DeadlyArrow
08.11.2005, 20:43
Usially I first do some quests and look what is where in the world, being too strong at the beginning isn't such good, I like playing Gothic slow, and I ften don't kill all enemies (like for example orcs in orcs' town in G1).

rockfest
08.11.2005, 21:18
When i play the game for the first time i want to learn the story. Play it slow(actually not that slow, it doesn't take me more than a week to finish it), do all the quests i can and the second time i play i start to find hidden stuff. The third time i play it for gore and the 4th for fast time play. The next time i play the game after that is for other stuff, cheating,etc

rekinu
08.11.2005, 22:05
I cannot remember that well how I played when I started Gothic1, but usually I beat what I can, and what I cannot I run away from it, and go into the Old Camp, get ore, buy the trousers a crude sword, and make quests.

In G2, I remeber that I killed that wolf, but when I met more beasts gathered I runed away into the city. Usually I run away from beasts when I'm at the begining. I train, do quests, and afterwards I start killing...

Petyamester
08.11.2005, 22:39
How old topic is this....
No problem, I will write my method :D
I always do quests first, what can be done within the city walls. Then the quests outside the walls, and during this, I start roaming the world, killing first the lower beasts. Then go back with XP and quests done, improve skills, get better armor/weapons and go back for the tougher beasts.

When I went to Chapt 2 in G1, I was lvl 15.
When I went to Chapt 2 in G2, I was lvl 21. (But 22 can be reached, I think) That means, I killed and completed everything. But if you kill humans too, it's easy to reach lvl 22.

I always duel every mercenary at Onar's farm for XP.
I always pickpocket everybody. It's good to make a ranger char, coz it basically needs dexterity, so you can pickpocket everybody. 130 dex can be reached without having to spend lot of skill point on it (with potions and tablets).

I started G1 again all over, I'm now level 9, but I have became a shadow. I just needed the armor to kill tougher monstas, but I won't go to Chapt 2 for now.

Guper
09.11.2005, 00:56
@petyamester
I dunno if you know this but pickpocketing (and other small quests) give you more experience after each chapter u wait, thus pickpocketing gives you something around 125 xp in ch6. But in some ways it's worth it to get the lesser xp early on ;)

-Guper

Petyamester
09.11.2005, 13:05
It gives more XP if you steal more. So you start about 50-60 XP and if you have pickpocketed everybody in the world, you get 260-270 XP.
And of course you cannot pickpocket everybody in the first chapter.
Just try it, and you will see the XP rising after each pickpocket.
And the most money I have stolen was 666. I think Greg and Diego "gives" that much. And one more man...

Godcrusher
09.11.2005, 13:55
I did as much quests as i choud so that i choud make my enemies to lick iron :)

Petyamester
09.11.2005, 14:03
But there are not enough subquests... I hope in G3 there will be at least 1000. :D Or more.

MladjanDJ
09.11.2005, 14:21
But there are not enough subquests... I hope in G3 there will be at least 1000. :D Or more.

Truly,when you play first time its enough but when you became master of the gothic its not enough,not for us

Petyamester
09.11.2005, 17:23
And when you have joined a guild, there is almost only the main quest of the game. There are not enough sidequests during the later chapters.

WernerTWC
10.11.2005, 16:57
And when you have joined a guild, there is almost only the main quest of the game. There are not enough sidequests during the later chapters.
That is an often criticised point. And thats one reason why in g3 you are not strongly bound to a guild,... to have more choices, sidequests, whatever,...

SkySaint
27.11.2005, 23:20
after third time i passed G2 i realised(dont know if that is the right word)that combining quest is the key to making one bad ass character in G2 so

Originaly Posted by eXecutioner_id
Also I try to do as many quests on a path. For exemple: when I do the quest for Bosper I also start the quest with Randolph "Bottoms up".
is apsolutely right,do as much missions as you can while you are there,no?:D

[Spawn]
28.11.2005, 06:39
Personally, I like to do one quest at the time. I like to see my quest log clean and tidy.

eXecutioner
28.11.2005, 08:56
I like to see my quest log clean and tidy.

Yes me to. I just hate the log "Failed Quests". The game makes you to fail some quests. Hope in Gothic 3 it will change.

OK look at my example:

When you do the quest with the shipement from Akil for Nagur instead for Balthram you fail Balthram's quest.

Instead I would have liked not to fail neither.

Like this:

Balthram: "So you have returned. Give me the package."
Hero: "[Lie] But Akil didn't gave me any package. He said the mercenaries took it with all of it's stokc."
Balthram: "Those damn mercenaries. One of these days...But here. Take this for youre eforts thought."

50 gold peaces given +50 xp

Nagur: "And don't think of screwing me or else."
After crawling to Akil's farm and takeing it to Balthram this time.
Nagur: "Well I don't see the package. You better not make a fool out of me!"
Hero: "[Lie] But Akil didn't gave me any package. He said the mercenaries took it with all of it's stokc."
Nagur: "Oh! Is that so. Well I'll have to have a chat with that Lee some time whont I? You see I can't give you any money just for going to Akil's farm but I will put a good word for you with my masters."

And there are just two examples.

[Spawn]
28.11.2005, 13:48
@eXecutioner_ID

Very nice ideas you have. Reminds me that Weed Monopoly quest from G1, where you can get rid of those weed mixers and they pay you for that too. :D I like clever dialogues and solutions.

Petyamester
28.11.2005, 13:57
I think no one would pay money to you for nothing, but some xp would come in handy :D

eXecutioner
28.11.2005, 14:24
Well you have to admit a merchant is respected and inteligent person IMO so even thought you haven't got him the package he should reward you for the trip but with a lesser amount of gold and xp.

On the other hand Nagur who is a thief and murderor doesn't whant to "go bankrupt" by paying you for almost doing nothing.

Another situation like the one from my previous post:

The merchant Jora askes you to catch Rengaru the thief and bring him his purse.

Situation #1: You find Rengaru and chase him. You collect the money from him and decide not to send him to jale.
Jora: "There you are again. Have you found my money yet?"
Hero: [Lie]"Sure. Here they are. That thief is right where he should be" [in the city canal system of course].
Jora: "I can't give you any money for this but you could talk to Lord Andre. He pays for every petty[Mester :p] you bring to justice."
Hero: [Lie]"Already done that."

+100 xo 0 gold

Situation #2: You find Rengaru and chase him. You collect the money from him and decide to send him to jale.
Jora: "There you are again. Have you found my money yet?"
Hero: [Lie]"Sure. Here they are. That thief is right where he should be" [in jail of course].
Jora: "I can't give you any money for this but you could talk to Lord Andre. He pays for every petty[Mester :p] you bring to justice."
Hero: [Lie]"Already done that."

When you enter the dock tavern.
Kardif: "Hey a lot of people ask about Rengaru. Have you seen him?"
Hero: "Well I shouldn't say this..."
Kardif: "Spit it out man!"
Hero: [Lie] he was captured by the militia and charged of theft. Merchant Jora reported him to Lord Andre."
Kardif: "O my god I have to tell Casi...Aaaa...In fact he's better of in jail."

It would also be a good quest to free the prisoniers that you put behind bars. One night you could sneak into the militia headquarters (Lord Andre should be asleep by 12 AM - this is no hour for kids to stay awake :D) lure the guard away and let the prisoniers go.

The ideea is not bad for a little mod if I am not mistakeing.

BlasphemousInfidel
02.04.2006, 00:03
I did some quests at first, then when I became a little stronger, went outside the city and fought wild animals, weak goblins, etc. Then returned to quests again. I feel, that after playing the game a few, I still haven't found and completed all h e quests form the chapters.

.†.MikeL.†.
16.02.2007, 21:21
Did u kill all enemies first? Or did u hide urself in the towns and made quest's to became strong enough to kill the enemies?

I made all quests of the chapter first and than i killed all enemies (if i was able to do that).

I was running and running and I was also running :D
Seriously now I was hiding too §pl

Flaviu
16.02.2007, 21:37
In g1 i make all quests i can in chapter 1,then i buy loincloth from sect camp(better protection against fire),and i lure the monsters to Mordrag(lizards..) for ex to get exp;then i wait for the best armor in chapter 2 ;and then i'm strong enough to fight in the woods:D ;and i knock down Silas or Jackal when i'm strong to get their weapons:D
In g2 i do the same.If you have good armor you die harder.

tarta
18.02.2007, 12:21
The hardest thing in Gothic 1 was to beat Huno, as a rookie fighter with 20 str., to get his raw steel make swords and sell them for gold, after that to get to 30 str. and 1h fighter, then beating/killing a Guard for a decent weapon then was Jackal's turn. After getting his Bonebreaker everything got easier:
I could beat every merchant and take his gold(gold would not be a problem any more for the rest ot the game), every guard.I managed to get to 50 str. and master 1h fighting to become a shadow kill Arto, Raven and Scar and take their swords. Then I struggled to raise my str. in order to be able to use Scar's sword(that I admit using throughout the game untill I got Uritziel ).I remember I had about 80 str. and Scar's sword when I Killed the Minecrawler Queenand about 80-90 when I passed to chapter 2.

Khaled
18.02.2007, 15:54
you necros!
well at first I kill everything on the road to Old Camp(including goblin, molerats and scavangers on the mountain). I let teh Baal in OC to lead me to his camp and Mordrag to lead me to New Camp and so I gather experience. I do all the available quests before joining a Camp for money and xp. When I get enough money I buy a Guard's sword from Fisk and in Old Mine I get the Bone bow(btw did you know that near it there is a barrel in which you can hide?:p cool). As for armor, I get the scraper's trousers from the Free Mine.