PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : [Release] Gothic II Gold: Heights of Power

Korianous
30.09.2008, 04:06
EDIT- 11/07/08

Finally, I'm done.

The mod is now 99.999% percent bug free, and sufficiently rebalanced. Everything I added should be working as intended.

At long last, the wait is over, and 1.0 is out for the public to enjoy. I would like to take this time to thank the following people:

First and Foremost, WernerTWC, for essentially teaching me how to script, I would not be where I am now if not for his advice.

MistressLarisa, for encouraging my crazy modder ideas.

Colmar, CavalorntheHunter, xswamp, and anyone else who helped me spot a bug in the mod.

Any and all people who gave me help, feedback, or advice in the recent months. This mod has been successfully finished thanks to your great feedback.

And to all the WoG community, enjoy the release. it's here. :D

Please check out my Mod Teams upcoming project. It's going to be huge. ;)

11/10/2008

Thanks people who PMed me about the bug with the Water Mages. I have corrected it here. The new release is here. Also, this release changes the German subtitles in Generic dialogue back to English.

Deferigon
30.09.2008, 12:27
Good job m8 i'll reinstall the game just for this lil trinket.§wink§wink§wink

Omid-
30.09.2008, 19:30
Does it work on a older save-game? I doubt it:p

Tratos
30.09.2008, 19:34
Too bad, I can't test it.:(

Deferigon
01.10.2008, 00:59
Played through 1/3 of the game so far, the new skill system is veeeery good for a begginer, because it makes the game more easier, but.... there is a significant decrease in chalenges so far, to easy to be more exact.

Whatever... m8 good job for this MOD, i think im gona finish the game later tomorrow to see other changes but i repeat myself...good job.

First time playing as an archer, wish me luck. §wink§wink§wink

Korianous
01.10.2008, 23:32
Played through 1/3 of the game so far, the new skill system is veeeery good for a begginer, because it makes the game more easier, but.... there is a significant decrease in chalenges so far, to easy to be more exact.

Whatever... m8 good job for this MOD, i think im gona finish the game later tomorrow to see other changes but i repeat myself...good job.

First time playing as an archer, wish me luck. §wink§wink§wink

Good luck, I had intended to make the first chapter easier, however, you should find the game tougher as you progress. I was debating on whether to further toughen up the creatures. However, go try attacking a Dragon Snapper or Orc Elite, and let me know if you still think its too easy ;)

Does it work on a older save-game? I doubt it:p

No, start a new game, but trust me, it will be worth it. :)

Petyamester
02.10.2008, 15:04
Can we have a complete changelog for this?

jimokalos
02.10.2008, 17:18
Dude i installed the mod but as far as i remember you said that we would see an orc territory behind the orc wall in the valley of mines!I went there and i didnt find any orc territory!What is the problem?

Korianous
03.10.2008, 01:23
Dude i installed the mod but as far as i remember you said that we would see an orc territory behind the orc wall in the valley of mines!I went there and i didnt find any orc territory!What is the problem?

If you read my thread, I believe I recall saying that I cut it out, in the interest of getting a timely release out, among other things. But if you missed the post, I decided to take out the orc territory and the quests behind it. there's a few things in the source code for it, but nothing else.

Korianous
04.10.2008, 19:18
Can we have a complete changelog for this?

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, didn't see this post. :o

The changelog is in the release notes, that's pretty much whats different.

EDIT-I have officially announced my new project! Click here to check it out.
http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?p=7371667&#post7371667

Petyamester
05.10.2008, 22:09
Thx ill take a look. I just completed chapter 5, and ready to go to the isle, and I'm lvl 65. Killed every single beast, and orc as well. I have 260 unused lps, and i can't add them anywhere, because everything is at max. You should balance this with the next update.

Korianous
06.10.2008, 00:11
Thx ill take a look. I just completed chapter 5, and ready to go to the isle, and I'm lvl 65. Killed every single beast, and orc as well. I have 260 unused lps, and i can't add them anywhere, because everything is at max. You should balance this with the next update.

I had thought of this. I might up LP costs for special skills, alchemy, runes and what not. But how did you get that high and have so many unused LPs? I played through as a Fire Magician, got through at like Level 57, and had about 40-50 left over LPs

COma4ever
06.10.2008, 00:59
you were saying something about some new quests and a new island.
are they in ?

Korianous
06.10.2008, 05:12
you were saying something about some new quests and a new island.
are they in ?

Thats for a new mod, a project that I am working on. I'm recruiting for that one, on this thread here.

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=469908

COma4ever
06.10.2008, 15:09
srry but where do i have to put the .vdf file ?
how do i install the mod ?

Korianous
06.10.2008, 17:03
srry but where do i have to put the .vdf file ?
how do i install the mod ?

read the release notes.

Made of chaos
06.10.2008, 19:17
i can't download it because it says that the free service is at full capacity could you please give me another link to download it?

Made of chaos
06.10.2008, 19:19
forget it that's ok i downloaded it...

Petyamester
07.10.2008, 13:57
I had thought of this. I might up LP costs for special skills, alchemy, runes and what not. But how did you get that high and have so many unused LPs? I played through as a Fire Magician, got through at like Level 57, and had about 40-50 left over LPs

I didn't play as a mage, rather a paladin. I used a lot of stone tablets, so much for the skills, and everything else went to stats. (around 300 lps - 30 lvlups).

Korianous
07.10.2008, 17:03
hmm. It's possible. I had intended for people to train their stats to the limit, and then use the boosters.

Deferigon
07.10.2008, 17:23
Ita hard later in the game §burn....I LIKE IT:D:D:D

GothicFighter
08.10.2008, 08:49
:DWoW! Impressive!! gonna test it as soon as I get my GII back

Korianous
10.10.2008, 03:24
Excellent. Let me know what you think.

Korianous
11.10.2008, 17:44
Hey guys,

I have I have an updated release. bringing Heights of Power to version 0.9b.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2b6s3c

There are several changes, read the Release Notes to learn more. The main focus of this release was to respond to feedback, and rebalance the game, to make it a bit more challenging.

Also, I lied on one section, The Crossbow Talent bonus for the new crossbows has not been fixed. :o I am still working on that, so stay tuned. But there are still plenty of important changes to the game.

AngelOfGothic
12.10.2008, 14:35
Do i need to restart the game to make the new relese work?

Edit: I have the version 0.9a so if i want 0.9b to work i need start a new game?

Korianous
12.10.2008, 15:16
For some features to work, yup.

In response to your edit, yes.

ZombieNL
16.10.2008, 15:01
I downloaded version 0.9b, but how do i install it?
In the ReleaseNotes.txt is only a version history.
And do i need the HOP_SourceCode.rar or not?

AngelOfGothic
16.10.2008, 15:09
I cant finish the Quest Tower in Jhakendar for pirates.Without the mod i can do it.But with the mod i cant finish it because Henry talks about the bandits and how he will send 2 pirates to kill them,even if i killed the 3 bandits on my own.So i was doing this quest to lower the entrance fee for 200 golds instead of 300.
Can it be a bug?

Korianous
16.10.2008, 16:23
Cavalorn the Hunter reported this one too. I think I know the problem, I think the issue is with a certain return value. The issue should be corrected by the next release.

Reloading sometimes helps, but if not, just realize I'm still working on correcting bugs.

EDIT- Great News! I have fixed the bug with the Crossbows, it was just some missing text in their scripts, it still added the bonus, but didn't display it. That works now. Now I have to fix the error with Henry's Quest, and 9.0c will be ready

Korianous
17.10.2008, 03:56
I downloaded version 0.9b, but how do i install it?
In the ReleaseNotes.txt is only a version history.
And do i need the HOP_SourceCode.rar or not?

Move the vdf file to the data folder, with the other vdfs. The source code is for modders who want to see what I did, no you don't need it.

And I've been meaning to ask, what does everyone think of the new LP values? Does that sufficiently rebalance the game?

AngelOfGothic
17.10.2008, 12:40
Cavalorn the Hunter reported this one too. I think I know the problem, I think the issue is with a certain return value. The issue should be corrected by the next release.

Reloading sometimes helps, but if not, just realize I'm still working on correcting bugs.

Doesn't work i tried this 4 times :D before i posted.

Korianous
17.10.2008, 21:44
I imagined so. It's coming along.

Korianous
19.10.2008, 19:50
http://www.sendspace.com/file/fqxdue

Version 0.9c is complete!

This is the first candidate for being v1.0. Aside from a couple of bug fixes and game balances, You can now become a Water Mage. You can do this if you're a member of the Militia or Mercenaries, but not if you're a Fire Mage.

I know the whole G1 thing, where you could become a Water Mage regardless, but as most ppl who played G1 recall, the circumstances for that were extenuating, and totally different.

Also, you cannot learn the 6th Circle as a Water Mage. There is also a reason for this. If I were to allow you to learn all 6 circles, there would be no point in becoming a Fire Mage, detracting from that guild.That's something I don't want to do.

This feature still needs testing, anyone who can, please check it out to see if it works correctly, and post any bugs here.

Korianous
08.11.2008, 05:07
1.0 is here. Go to the first post to dl.

jimokalos
08.11.2008, 16:46
Congratsulations KORANIOUS!§wink Just tell me does this addon work in all the versions?Does it work on verison 2.6?

Korianous
08.11.2008, 19:43
It should work on any version. Just install.

masmune
23.11.2008, 11:09
hi great mod but i have come across a problem, after i came back from the valley of mine i decided to go to the addon but when i go to saturas to give the letter so then he gives me the key, but the option does show up i tryed every option availible but nothing happens

Korianous
23.11.2008, 15:50
did you find all three ornamental fragments and do the ritual to put it back together? Also, have you joined the Ring of Water?

masmune
23.11.2008, 19:51
yep i told i got the letter i would havegot if i didnt find all the ornaments and joined the ring of water at the tavern.

i have played i before on just NOTR alone

when i talk to saturas i told him i belong to the ring of water and he doesnt believe, im i missing something cause im pretty sure i aint

Dino
23.11.2008, 21:00
Here's what I've got to say so far:

got to the end of chapter 3, I'm about to start the dragon hunt. My impressions: well, I get a lot more exp which makes it easier. But then, the enemies are a lot stronger which... is okay. I got Beliar's Claw. Man, with that weapon I'm almost unstoppable. Unless 10 orcs come at me and kill me. So far the orcs are teh toughest opponents. Overall it's okay, but it's really easy once you have Beliar's Claw.

[edit]
also, my stats are unbelievable. I have 1116 HP and 206 str in the end of chapter 3. Holy shit! this is without cheats, ofc.

Korianous
23.11.2008, 22:46
Wait till you fight the dragons. :p

Tratos
23.11.2008, 23:08
Hmm, can someone pls give me a sneak preview of the stats of the Claw of Beliar in HOP, pls. :)

Korianous
24.11.2008, 01:43
it does 150 damage maxed out as a 2 hander. Btw, does anyone think this mod is too easy?

Dino
24.11.2008, 08:09
it does 150 damage maxed out as a 2 hander. Btw, does anyone think this mod is too easy?

As I said, it's really easy once I have Beliar's Claw. Yesterday I tried to kill all the bandits in the addon world, but I failed. I mean, it's not only because my stats are so good - my skills in gothic 2 also add for being so good :p :cool:
I know how to fight in gothic 2 and how to improve my hero, so... the difficulty is okay. Even in the original NotR it's really easy with the Claw. I might just say that this mod is better than the original NotR.

Tratos
24.11.2008, 10:29
About easiness, the claw of beliar was "forged by beliar", yet there is a whole range of mortal weapons far stronger. Let it stay weaker for the time being. But to the end of the game - It SHOULD get the strongest, at least from an aesthetical point of view. Same with the beliar runes for mages.

P.S. Oh btw. If mages also get the Claw in HOP, what happened to the red runes? How do you get those? :dnuhr:

Korianous
24.11.2008, 16:47
You don't. I took them out because they sucked IMO. The scripts still exist for them, but you can't receive the runes at a Beliar Shrine.

Tratos
24.11.2008, 22:53
You don't. I took them out because they sucked IMO. The scripts still exist for them, but you can't receive the runes at a Beliar Shrine.

Suck? I really liked them. :( They maybe not very effective, but they deffinitely have VERY NICE effects. Tell me that we'll modify them, make them not suck, but DO keep them. :gratz

Edit: OMG - we just got a spare set of cool runes with their own effects. :eek: I gotz a great idea for them and where we can get them. §list

Dino
26.11.2008, 17:12
Edit: OMG - we just got a spare set of cool runes with their own effects. :eek: I gotz a great idea for them and where we can get them. §list

What are you talking about?

Korianous
07.12.2008, 17:30
I believe he's referring to the now unused set of Beliar runes.

Tratos
07.12.2008, 18:31
I believe he's referring to the now unused set of Beliar runes.

Oh yeah. :D

DEALOS
10.12.2008, 13:51
@Korianous Edit your signature...
I'm going try that out...

Korianous
10.12.2008, 17:11
np. changed.

Korianous
11.01.2009, 19:26
Heights of Power v1.1 has now surpassed 100 downloads! Thanks to all of you for your interest and support :). Anyway, the New Adventures Pack is underway, check this link here (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?p=8228209&#post8228209)for details.

Dino
12.01.2009, 09:47
Hmm...... I think I should take my time and beat the HOP expansion. I made it to chapter 4 without cheats(well, that doesn't include the "blinK" and the f8 way to move faster, because honestly, it's pretty slow without it) and I stopped, since I got myself World of Warcraft and I just had to play for 3 months, you see.

Jammer
14.02.2009, 20:09
Hm guys, am I missing something here? I extracted the package and the new Data and vdfs file is there, but there is no ini? Is that it? Do I have to start a new game for the mod to take effect? :dnuhr:
I think you should note that in the installation instructions :)

Korianous
16.02.2009, 02:12
There is no .ini file, HOP functions as a patch, not a mod. To see the changes you must start a new game ;).

.†.MikeL.†.
08.03.2009, 14:09
Now I understand why Ironkeep have their own section of forums.. I regret not checking the Creative Corner for mods and stuff, I so am installing G2:NotR lol

But there's something I wanna ask: Will the mod work with 2.7 version? and.... do I need the thingie that plays mods or it will work like a patch?

Tratos
08.03.2009, 14:17
@Mikel

Yes, HoP is compatible with the eng 2.7 version from G2 Gold. Tested it myself.

You need nothing to run our mods, except Gothic II NotR. Check the download from our official site. All you need to do is copy those files to the right place and start a new thing.

C-SA
24.03.2009, 20:50
Will there be a modulation for the Gothic-Modstarter?

Korianous
24.03.2009, 20:56
This mod will be presented in patch format, so you will not need the Modstarter :).

C-SA
25.03.2009, 20:25
This mod will be presented in patch format, so you will not need the Modstarter :).

That means that I can play it together with other mods?

Korianous
25.03.2009, 21:06
No, it's simply a patch for NOTR, .mod files would ignore it.

C-SA
25.03.2009, 22:16
No, it's simply a patch for NOTR, .mod files would ignore it.

ok thx.

C-SA

Tratos
09.04.2009, 20:29
Self Installing Setup Created for Heights of Power v1.1. The installing/uninstalling of the mod should now be very easy. A few shortcuts will be created.

It can be found here (http://www.ikgstudios.com/ik/downloads.html).

Korianous
09.04.2009, 21:25
Nice work Tratos! Thanks for the cool installer ;).

AngelOfGothic
10.04.2009, 02:12
So where i install it,in gothic folder or in data one?

Korianous
10.04.2009, 04:07
Install it to your gothic folder.

Tratos
10.04.2009, 17:26
So where i install it,in gothic folder or in data one?

§gnah I realised that just after I uploaded the thing. I did include a red line to specify that, immediately afterwards, but the link would look weird on WoG, cause there was a previous upload with the same name. :rolleyes:

To do list: Include that red line in the installer of v1.2

deama
14.06.2009, 14:12
good job the mod is pretty good I wander if you can make the area bigger...

Korianous
14.06.2009, 14:40
good job the mod is pretty good I wander if you can make the area bigger...

Which area :dnuhr:?

deama
14.06.2009, 15:04
What I ment was the game the WHOLE:eek: game bigger.

Korianous
14.06.2009, 15:10
What I ment was the game the WHOLE:eek: game bigger.

That's something to work on in CSI. But that wouldn't be making the area bigger would it :p. Regardless, in that mod the plan is to add more isles, so we will be making the area bigger too.

deama
14.06.2009, 15:12
Ye that will be good some quests as well TOOOO bad I wont be able to play

because of some sort of crappy bug which I cant seem to find any fix ive been searching for one for about 2 days lol

dippsydenejkine
13.09.2009, 23:27
Awesomeness. It worked :D

Korianous
14.09.2009, 00:18
No problem, enjoy :).

dippsydenejkine
14.09.2009, 08:40
I just leveled before even leaving the Tower Of Xardas. I like this!

Ratamahatta
31.03.2010, 22:07
Hello,
i am not sure if this is the right place to ask, but when is the time to become water mage in Jharkendar? after which quest I can apply for acception into this guild?
thank you

ps. Scatty doesn't sell Ore Baron's Armor in the Bandit's Camp..

CrashMorraKan
01.07.2010, 04:27
is this patch/mod works with all languages? (russian) and are there new quests? which mean there will be no speech/voice in new quests/isiles? or if there a speech is it in english? at least...

CrashMorraKan
01.07.2010, 04:28
Here's what I've got to say so far:

got to the end of chapter 3, I'm about to start the dragon hunt. My impressions: well, I get a lot more exp which makes it easier. But then, the enemies are a lot stronger which... is okay. I got Beliar's Claw. Man, with that weapon I'm almost unstoppable. Unless 10 orcs come at me and kill me. So far the orcs are teh toughest opponents. Overall it's okay, but it's really easy once you have Beliar's Claw.

[edit]
also, my stats are unbelievable. I have 1116 HP and 206 str in the end of chapter 3. Holy shit! this is without cheats, ofc.

that's sux -.- i remember i got only over 200 STR in chapter 6...

GothManiac
03.07.2010, 21:38
In the notes it says that i must run the installer...what installer??:dnuhr: Also i want to ask if this works together with the v2.0 patch and the golmar texture upgrade? Do we have new quests in POH?? Is there a version 2.0 ??§wink

Frank-95
06.02.2012, 21:31
but this mod contain also the community patch 2.10 and the gothic 2 gold unofficial patch 1.0?

what are the difference between these?

Raudonas22
23.01.2013, 22:40
§wink

Tried this mod for the first time today :)

It's AMAZING! Really, at first when I ran out of Xardas's tower I was like pfff... This can't be that hard :p That first wolve showed the real deal :D Lots of LP, removed some of the dumb skill learning minuses and costs, more powerful beasts, more awesome weapons... Just... Outstanding :dup:

This seriously got me into this mod §danke Sittin' for 4 hours, no sign of not fun, this remembers me of my first time playing Gothic, really $§p4

Anyways, it's definatelly an AWESOME mod and everyone should try it §danke §danke §danke §danke