PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Magazine Articles About Risen

Rethon
20.08.2008, 15:21
Hi folks!

I thought it's time for a compilation of links to articles about Risen. I'll try to update the list as new articles become available.

NEWS

IGN, August 6, 2008 - Risen: The New Video Game by Piranha Bytes (http://pc.ign.com/articles/897/897058p1.html)
Gamespot, August 6, 2008 - Gothic devs raising Risen (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6195524.html)
TeamXbox, December 9, 2008 - Risen for Xbox 360: First Details Revealed (http://features.teamxbox.com/xbox/2349/Risen-for-Xbox-360-First-Details-Revealed/p1/)
WorthPlaying, April 15, 2009 - New Screens & Trailer (http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=61727) *NEW*

PRIMERS/PREVIEWS

MeriStation, February 3, 2009 - Risen Preview (http://www.meristation.com/v3/des_avances.php?id=cw4986bb9f5ec24&idj=cw4899bbc37746c&pic=PC) (Spanish)
IGN XBOX360, March 24, 2009 - GDC 09: Washing Ashore With Risen (http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/966/966062p1.html)
GamesRadar, April 6, 2009 - 5 things we learned about Risen despite not speaking German (http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/risen/preview/5-things-we-learned-about-risen-despite-not-speaking-german/a-20090406113333666027/g-2009040611830198023)
TeamXbox, April 7, 2009 - Risen Preview (Xbox 360) (http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/2273/Risen/p1/)

REVIEWS

No reviews available at this time.

Rashnu
20.08.2008, 22:34
I thought it's time for a compilation of links to articles about Risen. I'll try to update the list as new articles become available.
@Rashnu: Is this okay?

Sure, knock yourself out. :p

Seriously, a list of all the articles about «Risen» would be fine, especially if they are in English. You just have to live up to your promise and permanently add new links to the 1st posting. Otherwise, it wouldn't be much of a list. ;)

Rethon
21.08.2008, 00:17
Sure, knock yourself out. :p

Seriously, a list of all the articles about «Risen» would be fine, especially if they are in English. You just have to live up to your promise and permanently add new links to the 1st posting. Otherwise, it wouldn't be much of a list. ;)
Okay, I'll do my best.
But it won't be possible to add all articels. I have found approximately ten articels about the revealing of the name, and this is in Australian gaming magazines only. :p
So I decided to only add links to carefully selected websites. :D

iab
26.08.2008, 16:17
ok i'm waiting ...:D

mkreku
28.08.2008, 00:04
Not much to collect yet :)

Rethon
28.08.2008, 03:24
Yep, it seems that I've started this thread too early, so I have little to do. :dnuhr:
But I'm pretty sure this will change next year.

Rethon
10.12.2008, 10:22
*bump* Finally, there's news again! §ice

*edit*
But after reading it, I think it might be bad news, at least for the PC gamers. :(

Zocky
10.12.2008, 11:03
Ehm, do i see first screenshots there (xbox version)?! Cooooool

I'm usually not fan of porting to xbox, but i'm sure PB will make a good job with PC version too, and, they do need money, so i don't see xbox version as something bad, as long as they don't forget about PC version.

Lazor
10.12.2008, 11:12
WOW! Great :eek::eek::eek: Thanks for posting!

That ashbeast looks amazing. :)

Unfortunately according to that article the game is gonna be released in Q4 2009 (or is it only for the XBOX360 version?)

Zocky
10.12.2008, 11:19
that's probably for Xbox version, but who knows what is PB planning...to release PC first , or together with xbox...

Rethon
10.12.2008, 11:20
I'm usually not fan of porting to xbox, but i'm sure PB will make a good job with PC version too, and, they do need money, so i don't see xbox version as something bad, as long as they don't forget about PC version.
I don't know any PC game that hasn't suffered from console-itis.
Also, the support often sucks, instead of releasing patches for the PC version, a bunch of exclusive DLC is made for the xbox. §cry
I just hope the Piranhas won't forget their fans. :(

Zocky
10.12.2008, 11:23
dunno, mass effect wasn't that bad i think.
also, Serious sam 2 (i'm fan of this series) came together with console version, and it wasn't bad either.
Also, PB never released console version, so lets wait and see.

Lazor
10.12.2008, 11:36
Apparently the whole gameplay, interface etc will be a bit more simplified than the previous PB games, since there'll be a console release. Hopefully they can keep things balanced.

Also the good thing is that in most cases, console games are almost 100% bug-free because it's hard (or sometimes impossible) to patch them and fix them once they're out. So the release version is the final version and that means that it should be perfect. And if we have a bug-free release for the consoles then simultaneously the PC version will also be bug free (if they release both versions at the same time)

Zocky
10.12.2008, 12:16
hm, if i understand Ralf, he said they actually have seperate team for working on console, so PC version should not be compromised.

TeLovesc
10.12.2008, 12:18
what??????? WHAT? on console? the team separated? why not complete the PC version and release it and then the whole team work on the console. Honestly i dont like whats going on !

Zocky
10.12.2008, 12:23
This is Ralf statement:

No, The PC version is developed here in Essen by PB. With the platform porting we are working very closely with an very nice and able team.
If any, the influence will be on the sunny side, since this will hopefully allow us the necessary time to polish ands debug the PC version even further.
We had a head start with the PC version- so you might not see too much of a downside.

PB is working on PC, while some other team (non-PB) is working on port. I can only see this as good thing.

So sorry if i wasn't clear, as i understand, the PB team is not seperated; PB is working on PC, some other dev team is working on port. Or so i understand atleast.

So lets not jump to any conclusion just because there will be XBOX version too. PB is still pretty much working only on PC version it seems, so we shouldn't worry about it.

Bastardo
10.12.2008, 13:09
That was old news if I recall correctly (or was it just a rumor at that time?).

So chill out, PB's on PC.

TeLovesc
10.12.2008, 13:37
Well i hope we`ll be able to play the game next summer . Risen will be the last game i`ll play coz i`m almost 20 years and i`ll have many other things to do besides spending time on the PC :(

Powaz
10.12.2008, 13:40
Well i hope we`ll be able to play the game next summer . Risen will be the last game i`ll play coz i`m almost 20 years and i`ll have many other things to do besides spending time on the PC :(

Oh c'mon. Games aren't only for kids. You can't grow out of 'em.

Demonium
10.12.2008, 14:58
Holy Cows...

The first ingame screenshots...and they look superb...:eek:

Nice lighting and graphics overall...Better than Gothic 3 and it competes the new top generation games...

But i hope there wont be any lags or bad performance again...

triangles
10.12.2008, 15:13
Holy Cows...

The first ingame screenshots...and they look superb...:eek:

Nice lighting and graphics overall...Better than Gothic 3 and it competes the new top generation games...

But i hope there wont be any lags or bad performance again...

They are nice graphically but I am damn disappointed by its setting. ITS TROPICAL?!WHAT?WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GRITTY MEDIEVAL SETTING? The thing that I hate out of all the things in a video game is a tropical/Mediterranean setting, I'm out and ain't ever coming back to this game §cry §cry §cry , I had such high hopes. I guess I'll go with Gothic 4 which will probably be a huge mess.

Powaz
10.12.2008, 15:18
Funny enough the setting of Gothic 4 should be tropical. :rolleyes:
I think Risen world is just perfect, the good old medieval stuff is getting boring.

You don't like Night of the Raven?

Zocky
10.12.2008, 15:24
oh dude, get real. You're not giving this game a chance, because it as tropical settings? How about this crazy idea....there will be demo, give it a try, and THEN decide if it's worthy playing or not.

Some ignorance of people really surprises me sometimes. If PB made Gothic and we liked it, what gives you the feeling you can't like this enviroment too?

I get a feeling people are just waiting for something so they can start attacking devs like some mad piranhas. OMG it's for consoles too therefor sux!!! OMG it has mediterian settings so therefore sux! OMG there are no orcs so it sux!

Can't you for once just chill out and wait for atleast demo, until you start whining like little children? Seriously.

You had such a high hopes, but now that it's tropical, it's a dissaster?! Even though it doesn't look much difrent from g1 so far?

I'll just say this. If PB was thinking like most other RPG devs, they would create tipical fantasy settings like LOTR or something. Instead, they were thinking out of the box, and we got Gothic. With Risen, they are again thinking out of the box and are using enviroment that isn't tipical for RPG, so i'm sure we will get again a verry intresting world to explore. Don't opose changes just for the sake of it. Gothic was difrent, and we liked it for that. Risen will again be difrent, so why not giving them a chance atleast?

And last thing. You don't trust devs who made game that you like so much, but you do trust devs who never worked on gothic? How does that have any logic?

Powaz
10.12.2008, 15:28
Woooah!!!
I watched the screens and I noticed birds flying in the sky. Freaky Styley! :eek:

Zocky
10.12.2008, 15:31
No way man! Birds...in TROPICAL island?! c'mon, you are pulling my leg?! :P :D

But yeah, very nice detail i must say!

Bamfy
10.12.2008, 15:40
In the last screenshot right?
The game looks freaking awesome!Can`t wait for it.

triangles
10.12.2008, 17:09
I get a feeling people are just waiting for something so they can start attacking devs like some mad piranhas. OMG it's for consoles too therefor sux!!! OMG it has mediterian settings so therefore sux! OMG there are no orcs so it sux!

Can't you for once just chill out and wait for atleast demo, until you start whining like little children? Seriously.

Now tell me, where in gods name did I say it was going to be shit, I think it is going to be excellent but I just don't like the tropical type of game.

And last thing. You don't trust devs who made game that you like so much, but you do trust devs who never worked on gothic? How does that have any logic?

Did you read my post ? I clearly said Gothic 4 will probably be a mess, so what's your argument ?

Powaz
10.12.2008, 17:12
I'm sure the game will be great but I just can't stand the tropical kind of stuff and its my choice to make.

Yeah your choise, too bad for you, the game's gonna be awesome. :p

triangles
10.12.2008, 17:16
Yeah your choise, too bad for you, the game's gonna be awesome. :p

Too bad for me then, don't try to change my mind.

TheDoctor
10.12.2008, 17:18
Too bad for me then, don't try to change my mind.

No one's trying. We're just sad for you. You shouldn't make up your mind so fast.

jimokalos
10.12.2008, 17:19
Really there will be a demo???????When???

Powaz
10.12.2008, 17:20
Really there will be a demo???????When???

When it's done... I mean when the main game is... probably.

triangles
10.12.2008, 17:22
No one's trying. We're just sad for you. You shouldn't make up your mind so fast.

Why are you sad if I do not enjoy this genre of setting ? I will give the game a try and I will stay and follow this game but I see this game differently then before (I was so damn hyped) .

jimokalos
10.12.2008, 17:24
When it's done... I mean when the main game is... probably.

What do you mean the main game?

triangles
10.12.2008, 17:30
You don't like Night of the Raven?

I didn't get a chance to go at Jarkhendor because of a bug which doesn't allow me to start the game anymore, I tried everything but nothing helped.

Powaz
10.12.2008, 17:30
What do you mean the main game?
I mean when Risen will be shiped.

triangles
10.12.2008, 17:32
I mean when Risen will be shiped.

Quote him (he might not see who you're talking too).

Zocky
10.12.2008, 17:40
Actually, i do have the same bug with NOTR, but some time ago i managed to play it. And , while it felt nothing like g1/2 vanilla, that new world Jarkendar (or something), felt very old and very mystical.....it was really awesome to explore it. Maybe it's just be, but i loved that new world because it was difrent, and you saw completly new misterious architecture from some old, misterious civilization, that was a whole lot difrent that any other in gothic series. And i must say that is one of my fav settings in series (oh yeah and the pirates rulled).
Again, maybe it's just me, because i just love in rpg the unknown, mistical, misterious worlds, designed very difrently from other games....that's why i find addon for g2 to be really cool. And i kinda find this Risen pics very similar to that NOTR setting, so i know it has much pottencial.

All we said was, that you just give game a try. Nobody said you must love the settings, but not go away from game because just of that. That's very childish of you to say the least.

Another thing. Before g1, i never played any fantasy game, specially RPG game. And yet, even when the whole setting of gothic 1 was very new to me, i liked it from the day 1. So, give game a try, you may find it to be a big surprise for you! ;)

triangles
10.12.2008, 17:45
Actually, i do have the same bug with NOTR, but some time ago i managed to play it. And , while it felt nothing like g1/2 vanilla, that new world Jarkendar (or something), felt very old and very mystical.....it was really awesome to explore it. Maybe it's just be, but i loved that new world because it was difrent, and you saw completly new misterious architecture from some old, misterious civilization, that was a whole lot difrent that any other in gothic series. And i must say that is one of my fav settings in series (oh yeah and the pirates rulled).
Again, maybe it's just me, because i just love in rpg the unknown, mistical, misterious worlds, designed very difrently from other games....that's why i find addon for g2 to be really cool. And i kinda find this Risen pics very similar to that NOTR setting, so i know it has much pottencial.

All we said was, that you just give game a try. Nobody said you must love the settings, but not go away from game because just of that. That's very childish of you to say the least.

Another thing. Before g1, i never played any fantasy game, specially RPG game. And yet, even when the whole setting of gothic 1 was very new to me, i liked it from the day 1. So, give game a try, you may find it to be a big surprise for you! ;)

I guess so, but I do fancy the medieval stuff a lot more for the moment, and if the first screenshot is a swamp then I understand why it's so tropical and the other screens aren't to such an extent in the tropical theme.

Rethon
10.12.2008, 17:58
Well, sometimes it's time to try something new. Who knows, maybe you are going to enjoy the new setting in Risen even more than the one in Gothic?
The first three screenshots show a very small portion of the game. I reckon they'll release screens in the future with a completely different environment. Just take a look at some screenshots of Gothic 2: here (http://worldofgothic.de/screenshots/gothic2/88.jpg) or this one (http://worldofgothic.de/screenshots/gothic2/90.jpg). Would you expect there to be in a medieval setting? :p

Lazor
10.12.2008, 18:38
Guys it's not tropical. It's Mediterranean just like Ralf said. You can find that kind of scenery on some Greek islands. For example take a look at those screenies shotted by me back in 2005 on the Samothrace island.

1 (http://upload.worldofplayers.de/files/sm.JPG)
2 (http://upload.worldofplayers.de/files/sm2.JPG)

Don't they look similar to the "Risen" ones?

Personally, the setting is great. At least it's not the old boring northern European medieval setting.

That (http://gallery.hd.org/_exhibits/places-and-sights/_more1999/_more07/Brazil-Ceara-region-tropical-rainforest-palm-trees-banana-trees-in-foreground-tweaked-1-JBG.jpg)is tropical.

Powaz
10.12.2008, 19:42
Here you go lads! (http://www.pixelrage.org/articles/Risen-QA-with-Ralf-Marczinczik-Feature-325,0.html)

TheDoctor
10.12.2008, 19:52
Very nice, thanks a bunch. :)

Rashnu
10.12.2008, 19:57
There was a lot of off-topic bickering in this thread today.

Here you should give notice of RISEN related articles you've found during your internet travels.

Stick to that please. §wink