PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : just bought G1/couple questions

razmat
11.04.2008, 08:01
yes i just bought and downloaded G1 from the pirhana bytes official store.i am wondering if mods and or patches will work with it.is there any special order or anything if i want to use ,at least freddy's texture patch?

also, i can't seem to take meat from a dead animal.i can take everything else and usually my inventory menu's show up on the right side of the screen .but when it comes to dead animals,that piece of meat apparently shows up on a different inventory on the left side of the screen and i can't seem to take it.is this a bug?thanks

LordBreaker
11.04.2008, 08:30
If you mean to take a meat from death animal you need to hold down left mouse button and with A or D take meat to you inventory. For patch i don't know.

HellFog
11.04.2008, 09:07
keep pressing LEFT ARROW until you are in the dead animal's inventory then press and hold left mouse buton and press RIGHT ARROW , or you can just get in the dead animal's inventory and press jump

WernerTWC
11.04.2008, 13:33
yes i just bought and downloaded G1 from the pirhana bytes official store.i am wondering if mods and or patches will work with it.
Mod's should work. You'd have to install the player kit:
http://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/index.php?go=downloads&release_id=34

is there any special order or anything if i want to use ,at least freddy's texture patch?
Freddy's texture patch should work, also without the playerkit, because it comes as a patch, not as a mod.

razmat
11.04.2008, 16:12
thanks for the help.one other thing,i saw a thielhater texture patch that does some work with animals and such and has the better looking sky add on with it.will this patch work with the freddy texture patch,or can i use the sky one with freddy's on it's own?thanks

Edit:

another thing.are these patches compatible with vista.i can't seem to install the player kit or freddy's mod.i run it and then it says english and i click ok,then i click next but it automatically greys out the install button on the next screen and i can't press install to load it in.it just sits there showing the filepath to programs folder.

WernerTWC
11.04.2008, 18:53
thanks for the help.one other thing,i saw a thielhater texture patch that does some work with animals and such and has the better looking sky add on with it.will this patch work with the freddy texture patch,or can i use the sky one with freddy's on it's own?thanks
You should use them on their own, not together, i guess it could work but most textures could be exchanged/overwritten.

another thing.are these patches compatible with vista.i can't seem to install the player kit or freddy's mod.i run it and then it says english and i click ok,then i click next but it automatically greys out the install button on the next screen and i can't press install to load it in.it just sits there showing the filepath to programs folder.
It should work with vista, make sure you are logged in as an admin. Also check the game version, if necessary, install the patch 1.08k, that is reqiured for the playerkit:
http://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/index.php?go=downloads&release_id=6

razmat
11.04.2008, 21:27
well i think i screwed it up now.unsure of what version i had ,i installed the 1.08h version patch and somehow it changed my desktop shortcut so it would'nt work.with this downloaded version ,i can find no exe file in the folders to create a new shortcut or run the game.incidentally i found out that this version is 1.08j i believe.

Edit:

ok ,i was able to reinstall it since i bought the full version.but are these patches supposed to work with a 1.08j version.i am wary of installing the 1.08k patch after that last episode.

WernerTWC
12.04.2008, 00:40
ok ,i was able to reinstall it since i bought the full version.but are these patches supposed to work with a 1.08j version.i am wary of installing the 1.08k patch after that last episode.

I don't have that version of the game (nor vista) to test it, sorry,... but as i said, the player kit 1.08k reqiures the patch 1.08k to be installed.

razmat
12.04.2008, 02:55
thanks for your help Werner.ok i installed the 1.08k patch and it worked out ok,but i cannot install the player kit or freddy's patch.when it opens the wizard before install and i click "next".which leads to the page that shows the file path where it will be installed;the "install" button there is just greyed out and cannot be pressed.i heard there was a rar. file for freddy's patch around,but i don't know where.

Edit:

now i got the rar file for freddy's and the thielhaters textures patch and it looks like the thielhaters patch would install and i have'nt tried the rar file freddy's patch.since i am unable to install the player kit,due to the reasons i mentioned in the above post.

Edit2:

well i believe i got the player kit installed and i'm waiting for the freddy patch to come back down to try it.the player kit install path is to a plain gothic folder.the downloaded version from the official store uses a gothic1 folder.and also the piranha bytes path in front of it.

WernerTWC
12.04.2008, 13:11
well i believe i got the player kit installed and i'm waiting for the freddy patch to come back down to try it.the player kit install path is to a plain gothic folder.the downloaded version from the official store uses a gothic1 folder.and also the piranha bytes path in front of it.

Not sure if i understood you correctly, but here is freddy's texture patch:
http://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/index.php?go=downloads&release_id=247

It comes as an exe file.

razmat
12.04.2008, 15:09
yea i got it all working now.i found freddy's patch as an exe file and a rar file.rar file did'nt work too well for me for some reason.the exe file works good though once i figured out that the install path had to go to a gothic1 folder and not a regular gothic folder,at least for the dowloaded official store version.

the game looks great with these patches/mods.i am using the freddy patch and the thiel patch together.and so far so good.thanks again for your help.