PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Cheat Installation with Vista OS

Siri
10.03.2008, 22:11
Was able to use Marvin Mode in Gothic I, II and Addon without any problem.

Unfortunately, Gothic III's new Cheat mode has changed and my Vista Operating System will not allow me to change the Test Mode = false to Test Mode = true. Is there any way to work around this problem?

I definitely like the new inventory feature in Gothic 3, which also includes the Quests and Statistics information. Too bad the Marvin Mode could not have been continued.

Lobedan
10.03.2008, 22:15
§welcome to the forum.

You have to disable the UAC (http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-user-account-control-uac-the-easy-way-on-windows-vista/) for editing the file.

Larisa
10.03.2008, 22:15
Welcome here. §wink

Unfortunately, Gothic III's new Cheat mode has changed and my Vista Operating System will not allow me to change the Test Mode = false to Test Mode = true. Is there any way to work around this problem?

I'm guessing this might be because you installed it to C:\Program Files\, Vista keeps a tight security over what's in that folder.
Maybe uninstalling and reinstalling the game somewhere else, maybe a different partition if you have on.

I can't swear this will work, I don't have Vista to test it.

Edit: oh, yeah, Lobedan's solution is better.

Siri
12.03.2008, 00:52
Thanks both of you for clearing up my problem with enabling the cheat mode within the Vista OS restrictions. I am able to open the console using the tilde key. Unfortunately, I am now stymied when attempting to insert an item from one of the "It" or "Potion" cheat lists.

I have used the swap or give command and then entered the item required,
eg: give It Potion CureDisease. Each time I receive the message "template entity does not exist!" Is this the correct way of entering these codes? The Marvin Mode was so much easier.

There was no trouble encountered when using Console command and Key cheat codes.

Can either of you knowledgeable people show me the way?

WernerTWC
12.03.2008, 01:13
eg: give It Potion CureDisease. Each time I receive the message "template entity does not exist!" Is this the correct way of entering these codes? The Marvin Mode was so much easier.
G3 is case sensitiv, just copy & paste the codes from here:
http://www.worldofgothic.com/gothic3/?go=g3insert

(Mark them, copy [ctrl+c] them from the page, insert them ingame in the console [ctrl+v]).

Siri
13.03.2008, 23:34
G3 is case sensitiv, just copy & paste the codes from here:
http://www.worldofgothic.com/gothic3/?go=g3insert

(Mark them, copy [ctrl+c] them from the page, insert them ingame in the console [ctrl+v]).

Dear WernerTWC:

Don't mean to savage this silly subject to death, but I am puzzled by the vagaries of the Gothic III cheat mode and wondered if other helpless players had experienced the same results that I have.

Upon entering Cheat Mode, I have requested a permanent potion, i.e. "It Potion DEX" and the message "Added 1x Potion (00000000) to inventory" appears. Unfortunately, upon entering my inventory I am blessed/cursed with an assortment of mouthwatering weapons, portal stones, quest items etc. However, the potion which I asked for is missing. Have repeated this procedure itemizing a different potion 2 or 3 times with the same disastrous results.

I certainly do not want all that treasure, just a friendly potion to imbibe. It looks as though I am destined to go back to an original save and plod on without such a resource. Too bad the Gothic III bugs even invaded the Cheat section.

Thank you again for your indulgence in responding to my prior pleas!

Siri

Larisa
14.03.2008, 14:07
"It Potion DEX"

Try with spawn instead of give:
spawn It_Potion_DEX

And did you wrote the code for the potion with underscore characters: _ ?