PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : New Gothic 1.6 patch not loading up the game

Bishop026
20.02.2008, 15:06
I just downloaded the Gothic 6.1 patch. It worked for a bit, like the first hour or two.

Then, I went off for a few hours and have tried to load the game three times.

It only gets to 15% of the loading bar and just hangs there.

Any way to fix it? I got the patch from some random site so if there is an official place, please let me know if I can go there. I am presuming the new one will just copy over the old one.

If, for some reason, this patch doesn't work. I take it I should save my games, delete Gothic 3 and then reinstall it, right?

Best,

Bishop

Omid-
20.02.2008, 15:15
This should be in the Gothic 3 help section.. but i think i know how to fix this cuz i had it aswell...

backup your savegames and delete Gothic 3, delete everything that makes Gothic 3 run, the map the extra things maybe the gametool and stuff. Reinstall it and install patch by patch, every single patch. after that install 1.6 ( not 6.1 ) and it should work fine. I had it with 1.12 but... it should work aswell with 1.6.

Bishop026
20.02.2008, 15:28
BTW, I have Gothic Universe which is pretty up to date in patches.

I suppose my other question is: is there another way to do it or must I go through the whole de-installation?

Thanks.

Best,

Bishop

Omid-
20.02.2008, 15:58

I suppose my other question is: is there another way to do it or must I go through the whole de-installation?

Thanks.

Best,

Bishop

sorry, i got no experience with Gothic universe, wait for someone elseto reply

WernerTWC
20.02.2008, 17:35

The universe version is patched to 1.12, so all you need it the "Patch v1.6 Update-Version", download from here:
http://www.worldofgothic.com/dl/?go=dlfile&fileid=133

For general problems it's always a try worth to do a whole de-/reinstall of the game like that:

===================================
Error Handling
===================================

In the case of unexpected errors during the installation try the following recommended tips:

- Uninstall Gothic 3
- Delete the installation folder(s)
- Install the game anew
- Install Community Patch 1.6 (update version) anew

(btw.: Moved to g3 help forum).