PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : The "Bug-Me" Thread #3: Your Questions Answered by Piranha Bytes

Seiten : [1] 2

Rashnu
16.02.2008, 13:23
[English] The "Bug-Me" Thread #3: Your Questions Answered by PBs
Thread #3 is now open.

As Ralf put it in the first thread:

Alright - I may not be able to answer your questions on a daily basis - but THIS is the place where you can ask them. The German half of the forum has it - so I think you should have it too!
At this point I am not able to answer your questions about
a) the story or content of the new game
b) possible features
c) patches for Gothic 3

Everything else is welcome. It may take a couple of days until you might receive an answer to your post - so please be patient, I have to do this in my breaks and spare time here at the studio.

Ralf requests you to write your actual questions in a different colour for easier spotting among the flood of postings. I would recommend "lemon-chiffon", some sort of light yellow. It is more pleasant to the eye than red for longer texts when having the forum's default colour scheme as background.

As always: please be patient and polite. Now fire away your questions. :)

TheDoctor
16.02.2008, 20:16
@Ralf

How much inspiration have you taken from the Suggestions thread? Can you name any specific points that definitely will be part of RPB?

Here is a list of suggestions I've posted during the thread's lifetime: http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...8&#post4881108

What do you think of it? And I'd really like to know if my suggestion for a rainbow was ever taken into consideration. ;)

And since that thread's cooled down a bit, is it too late to come up with even more suggestions?

@Rashnu, would you have broken a sweat by moving the new questions yourself? Moderator courtesy.

Hi-Necro
17.02.2008, 02:50
@Ralf,

Are there more attacking styles/methods for monsters?

For example, direct attack, jumping attack, roundabout attack (if they are swift enough), etc.
If the monsters are big enough, for instance, trolls, maybe they can even have

"Sitting attack" in case the player always trys to kick their asses.
Throwing attack. Yes, first pickup something on the ground or break something off on trees, then throw them at the player.

Thank you.

El Kamil
17.02.2008, 08:50
Hi Ralf, there are some questions from the Czech Community... If any of them has been already answered, please skip... A big THANKS from all of us :)

1. What kind of engine are you using for RPB?

2. Will your game look like Gothic 1, Gothic 2, Night of the Raven or Gothic 3, or other ?

3. How far is the development of RPB? How many percents?

4. Will be in your game gripping and attractive story like a story in Gothic 1? Because I haven´t found anything like that in Gothic 3...

5. Will be there any very big monsters?

6. How will the hero look like?

Ralf
19.02.2008, 12:15
@Ralf

How much inspiration have you taken from the Suggestions thread? Can you name any specific points that definitely will be part of RPB?

Here is a list of suggestions I've posted during the thread's lifetime: http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...8&#post4881108

What do you think of it? And I'd really like to know if my suggestion for a rainbow was ever taken into consideration. ;)

And since that thread's cooled down a bit, is it too late to come up with even more suggestions?

@Rashnu, would you have broken a sweat by moving the new questions yourself? Moderator courtesy.

Actually, we follow the suggestion threads quite thorroughly. Of course we can not implement all suggestions- but some definetly found their way into the new project.
But now it´s a bit too late to wish for new features- we are well on our way.

@Ralf,

Are there more attacking styles/methods for monsters?

For example, direct attack, jumping attack, roundabout attack (if they are swift enough), etc.
If the monsters are big enough, for instance, trolls, maybe they can even have

"Sitting attack" in case the player always trys to kick their asses.
Throwing attack. Yes, first pickup something on the ground or break something off on trees, then throw them at the player.

Thank you.

Hi!

Actually there are different attacking styles for most of the creatures, depending on thier physical appeareance and size. Kicking the player in the ass may be a bit too far fetched- but there is some interesting stuff allready that is ...unusual.

Hi Ralf, there are some questions from the Czech Community... If any of them has been already answered, please skip... A big THANKS from all of us :)

1. What kind of engine are you using for RPB?

2. Will your game look like Gothic 1, Gothic 2, Night of the Raven or Gothic 3, or other ?

3. How far is the development of RPB? How many percents?

4. Will be in your game gripping and attractive story like a story in Gothic 1? Because I haven´t found anything like that in Gothic 3...

5. Will be there any very big monsters?

6. How will the hero look like?

1) Self made. Lot´s of work- I can tell you!

2) It will look like a combination of the best elements of all those mentioned before- with a mediterranian flavour added.

3) Can´t tell- but we are still on time.

4) Well- I hope with you, since our writers are still labouring on it.

5) I might think so.

6) The player character is about 180 cm tall- that´s all we can tell you for now.

EASTER EGG 2008 #2
http://piranhaclub.ru/read.php?n=75

Hi-Necro
19.02.2008, 23:02
Hi!

Actually there are different attacking styles for most of the creatures, depending on thier physical appeareance and size. Kicking the player in the ass may be a bit too far fetched- but there is some interesting stuff allready that is ...unusual.

It's really nice to hear that, thank you!:)

Powaz
20.02.2008, 16:07
Hello, Ralf
Will see some awesome dungeons like The Temple of The Sleeper or the Beliar Temple in RPB?
When will we get new info about RPB?

Thanks!

triangles
20.02.2008, 17:30
Hello, Ralf
Will see some awesome dungeons like The Temple of The Sleeper or the Beliar Temple in RPB?

Thanks!

please right your questions in read,we constantly get info with this thread what you mean is When will we see some screen shots or any models?

Ralf
21.02.2008, 10:46
Hello, Ralf

Thanks!

There will be new stuff to look at on easter-sunday (a little game we play: Eastereggs are hidden on various pages).
And yes, there will be plenty of space to explore that is not on the surface of the island.
;-)

Takuu
21.02.2008, 11:47
Hey Ralf

Will the game be playable many times? Like different endings, choosing a side or playing with different class? You know what am talking about... Sorry if this had been already answered..

Ralf
21.02.2008, 11:56
Hey Ralf

Will the game be playable many times? Like different endings, choosing a side or playing with different class? You know what am talking about... Sorry if this had been already answered..

There will be a bunch of ways how to play the game- thus it will have different notes in the end- depending on the way you play the game.

Vontrippen
21.02.2008, 17:24
Ralf when can we see the first ingame image??

emperorzorn
21.02.2008, 17:58
ralf when can we see the first ingame image??

I think we will see some ingame screenshots at the Games Convention (its at the end of August I think),
but I have no real source that tells me so.
It would just be an appropriate time for PB to do so: roughly 6 months before the scheduled release is a good time to slowly get the media machine running.

If we are lucky Cologne will host the GC this year, which would rock:
it would be less than a 1 hour drive for me and also for the PBs.

:D

Rashnu
21.02.2008, 18:06
If we are lucky Cologne will host the GC this year, which would rock:

I doubt it. Any change of venue for the Games Convention won't take place this year. 2009 at the earliest. ;)

Ralf
22.02.2008, 08:13
Ralf when can we see the first ingame image??

It will still take a while. I wouldn´t expect if before the E3 / GC dates. Still no predetermined date.

Alex@ER
22.02.2008, 10:53
Ralf,
a lot of thanks for your answers. I really liked the games from PB and this is a good decision when the representative of developer company talks with their fans. But there is one amusing thing: your last answers don't get any new information about the RPB. Answers look like answers of politician, who must gives answers, but can't say any certain information :)

Therefore, could you give us really new information, which wasn't mentioned anywhere? New information from any area of RPB...§wink

Ralf
22.02.2008, 13:43
Ralf,
a lot of thanks for your answers. I really liked the games from PB and this is a good decision when the representative of developer company talks with their fans. But there is one amusing thing: your last answers don't get any new information about the RPB. Answers look like answers of politician, who must gives answers, but can't say any certain information :)

Therefore, could you give us really new information, which wasn't mentioned anywhere? New information from any area of RPB...§wink

As you can imagine, the BIG NEWS will allways come with an official statement. I as a designer working for PB, post here as a private person. I am not a company spokesperson- please understand this.

The WOP Forum is independent- and we like it that way.
It´s not an organ of a company. You find pissed off customers here as well as brilliant idea-givers.
I can discuss general questions you might have about the developement of the project and the studio, can get more details answers for you after official announcements.

The other PBs and I posting here in THIS FORUM, are NOT doing so for pimping our game- but we actually enjoying the discussions. No other reason than we really enjoy the exchange of Ideas with you guys.
We try to bring you glimpses of what is to come with the tutorials and other posts.

So- I am sorry that you get frustrated by the lack of "beef" here- but we really try to do the best we can with the bits we CAN actually show and tell you about.

Please bear with us...

Alex@ER
22.02.2008, 14:20
Ok, Ralf, thanks for answer, I inderstood :). I'l be waiting for eastereggs :)

May the Force be with you ;)

nutrageti__
22.02.2008, 19:05
i do not remember if this was disscused before but it came to my mind now: will repeating the same action for a while inhance a skill? i mean blacksmiths always have lot's of strenght- at 20 swords we make for example will we get let's say 1 strenght? i hope it's not too late to ask/suggest

Lockywolf
23.02.2008, 07:52
Will it be possible to play RPB using only keyboard, without mouse?

Actually i quite liked Gothic1 system. There are so many games with G3-like control style, but G1 was unique.

Sorry if is has already been answered.

[Spawn]
23.02.2008, 10:16
Hi, Ralf!

I wanted to ask you about the skills. Will there be stuff like blacksmithing, alchemy, etc in the game? And how far will they go? By that I mean, will blacksmithing, for example, be limited with sword crafting, or can you also make some armors from mined ore + skinned leather for example? When I first Played G1, then I hoped that you can use the skins from animals for something, rather than just sell them. :P Or maybe add some claws/fangs extracted from animals to your weapons, to make them do a bit more damage, etc (provided that the weapon is club-like and wooden or some kind of a mace). Just an idea. Take this as a suggestion. :)

Zocky
24.02.2008, 11:00
Hey Ralf!

I'm not sure if this is proper thread to post here, so delete the post if not.
I remember that PB made video tutorial about making desert dunes terrain for g3. What I always wondered as modeler is, how you make complex terrains like in nordmar or myrtana. So, would it be possible that PB makes similar tutorial for this new project, only instead desert dunes you would choose terrain more similar to the one around Myrtana, which is verry dynamic and intresting? It would be really good to see how you guys that. It doesn't have to be the whole terrain ofcourse, just some smaller part of it.

nutrageti__
26.02.2008, 07:29
playing g3 again something jumped out:there are missions to find a rebel among slaves and they are too simple because the rebel is the only slave that has a name.could it be possible to have a characters name appear only after he says it to you or someone else identifies it for you?

Bamfy
26.02.2008, 10:01
playing g3 again something jumped out:there are missions to find a rebel among slaves and they are too simple because the rebel is the only slave that has a name.could it be possible to have a characters name appear only after he says it to you or someone else identifies it for you?

that`s a very good idea!
I remember when playing NOTR there was a quest "who is the eyed-patch?"...But you allready knew who he is(Greg) cuz his name was writen above!:D
And there are other things like this!

nutrageti__
26.02.2008, 10:24
i remembered about g2 notr that you had the option to show a sign, a ring of a guild, maybe even a head to pass by a guard(that resembled postal2 a bit).will that be again present?

Ralf
27.02.2008, 09:13
i do not remember if this was disscused before but it came to my mind now: will repeating the same action for a while inhance a skill? i mean blacksmiths always have lot's of strenght- at 20 swords we make for example will we get let's say 1 strenght? i hope it's not too late to ask/suggest

Certainly. You have to take lessons in some cases, but your skill level will rise, the more you exercise a certain objective.

Will it be possible to play RPB using only keyboard, without mouse?

Actually i quite liked Gothic1 system. There are so many games with G3-like control style, but G1 was unique.

Sorry if is has already been answered.

Yes- at the moment I can use my mouse also to turn the character around- but keyboard only will be possible.

Hey Ralf!

I'm not sure if this is proper thread to post here, so delete the post if not.
I remember that PB made video tutorial about making desert dunes terrain for g3. What I always wondered as modeler is, how you make complex terrains like in nordmar or myrtana. So, would it be possible that PB makes similar tutorial for this new project, only instead desert dunes you would choose terrain more similar to the one around Myrtana, which is verry dynamic and intresting? It would be really good to see how you guys that. It doesn't have to be the whole terrain ofcourse, just some smaller part of it.

I can ask Sascha bout it when we will show you more Details of the island.
He did quite a good joyb on that old tutorial, didn´t he?
He is a real master when it comes to handmade nature-elements...

Good idea- I forwarded it to our gamedsigners!

i remembered about g2 notr that you had the option to show a sign, a ring of a guild, maybe even a head to pass by a guard(that resembled postal2 a bit).will that be again present?

Too early to answer that- sorry.

Nysosym
27.02.2008, 09:30

Hmm i think it's a bad idea, you'll search specific characters for years.... . But i can think about that, for a few hidden NPCs. ;)

nutrageti__
27.02.2008, 10:21
it would not take that long. in the example i was refering at Cape Dun where there are about 5 slaves. it would only require you to talk to them all which would take you a couple of minutes. as for other characters it takes you a lot of time to find them anyway in Nordmar for example. if you see a single man in the open you will talk to him no matter his name. finding out a name only after you have talked to him seems logical. this is how the lines in which characaters say their name actually have importance. in g3 they say my name is{} but it doesn't matter because you already know it because it's written above their heads

TheDoctor
27.02.2008, 22:20
Certainly. You have to take lessons in some cases, but your skill level will rise, the more you exercise a certain objective.

Am I the only one who reacted to this answer? I mean, Oblivion has this skill system and it's not as close as fun as the Gothic one. I don't want any of my character [values] to increase by a [value] after having repeatedly pressed a specific button a certain number o times.. For example, I do not want my [Acrobatics] to increase by [0,1%] after having jumped a [100] times, or whatever the skill may be.

Sadly, I feel very pessimistic on this point.

nutrageti__
28.02.2008, 06:59
i do not think he was refering to jumping but more to smithing and alchemy. i mean in g2 if you ate 20 apples you got 1 strenght. here you make 20 swords you get 1 strenght let's say. i don't think it will be something to exploit because in g3 for example there were a limited number of materials for sword making unlike g2 were beating a smith would always result in a steel rod

Ralf
28.02.2008, 08:57
i do not think he was refering to jumping but more to smithing and alchemy. i mean in g2 if you ate 20 apples you got 1 strenght. here you make 20 swords you get 1 strenght let's say. i don't think it will be something to exploit because in g3 for example there were a limited number of materials for sword making unlike g2 were beating a smith would always result in a steel rod

Exactly.
Mindless skill-shaping with stupid actions is definetly not the goal here.

paulcmnt
28.02.2008, 09:18
Hmm i think it's a bad idea, you'll search specific characters for years.... . But i can think about that, for a few hidden NPCs. ;)

Good point. Maybe the confusion that could be made between normal characters and special characters (with names) could be avoided by making the special chracters look a little bit different. Of course this might reduce the natural feel, so it kinda it a two edge blade.

Vontrippen
28.02.2008, 15:58
Ralf all the people in RPB have a name like oblivion or is linke gothic??in Oblivion the not influent people have a name too is the same for RPB?

paulcmnt
29.02.2008, 21:23
I have to say a few things about the story-guys of PB. They can obviously make great stories, and the best example is G1, where the story was, both original and fantastic. BUT, they change their minds too often, and the worst thing is that they do it, in the second/third aprt of a franchise, and change small, but important bits of the story.

For example in G1 Innos was Adanos' and Beliar's creator, and in G2 and G3 they were brothers. (?!?) Or the fact that at the end og G1 the hero says he comes out ans sees the brought down Barrier, and in G2 he is trapped in the rubble.

As I said they can make great stories, but would you please try to get the main idea the way you want it, so that you wouldn't make silly contradictions further on.

Cassandra Gotha
01.03.2008, 09:09
Or the fact that at the end og G1 the hero says he comes out ans sees the brought down Barrier, and in G2 he is trapped in the rubble.

But he did see it, didn't he? When he finally came out? :dnuhr:

paulcmnt
01.03.2008, 12:46
^Yeah well, if you force it a little it would work, but you gotta admit that it's not a perfect fit.

Powaz
02.03.2008, 12:37
Yes Piranhas please no Lore retcons.Please!There are enough of them in WarCraft.

Argenguy
05.03.2008, 02:50
Mr. Ralf, these are my questions for you:
1-Some say that the game will have a celtic feeling and atmosphere because the artworks and wallparers. Is that true? Or it will be a medley of celtic with classic medieval settings?
2-Will the new hero be based on of you workmates-friends (Nameless from Gothic was loosely based on Mike Hoge's appearance)? Note: You don't have to tell me who.
3-Will the new hero not have a name too?
4-Will RPB be some sort of tragicomic game? I mean that the game will have some black humor content but also will be tragedies. I just love the black sence of humor.
5-Will the Clerics and Mages be separated? I mean not like in G1-2-3 that we have Fire and Water mages that were also priests. That Clerics and Shamans should see the magic as a holy boon and that the mages see the magic as a science.
Thanks.

Hi-Necro
06.03.2008, 11:05
Originally posted by Orkze

Hi, da Ralf die Woche nicht da ist, werd ich mal bisschen was beantworten!

Read it here #296 (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=242075&page=15)

So this week Ralf is not at PB.
We should wait.

TheDoctor
12.03.2008, 13:15
Hi, Ralf.

Do you have anything to say about how you're going to advertise RPB?

Have a look at this thread:

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=360519

Vontrippen
12.03.2008, 18:23
Ralf
Time ago some rumors says that the name of the game can be "Celtic" is this true??

Argenguy
13.03.2008, 01:16
Ralf.
If the game will have a celtic theme. Why? What did you guys see in celtic culture that make you think that it could be a good idea?

kthy0056
16.03.2008, 09:32
1. Will you put the song Medley (the one from the calendar in the Christmas) in the game as part of the soundtrack?
2.Will you make your game open to the modding community like you did with Gothic 1 and Gothic 2?

Thanks for answering our questions!

Rashnu
16.03.2008, 12:05
Ralf has been ill and not answering this board for some days now.

I hope, he will recover soon and be his fresh self again. Until then, let us send him many "Get Well Soon" wishes §5troet§knuff:gratz§knuff§5troet and in the meantime, perhaps one of his colleagues will be kind enough to step in for Ralf.

Bamfy
17.03.2008, 06:47
1.Can you tell us who are the members of the team and what is their task?
2.How many worlds will there be and how many chapters?

Hi-Necro
17.03.2008, 12:10
@ Ralf,

little beer, few cigarettes, more rest
Get well soon!:)

Powaz
17.03.2008, 15:25
Ralf,
Will we soon get any details about the story-line or the lore of the world?

emperorzorn
17.03.2008, 17:03
Ralf,
Will we soon get any details about the story-line or the lore of the world?

There was a statement of one of the PBs (I think it was Orkze) that we might see
footage of actual gameplay on the next Games Convention,
which also is the earliest possible date to expect it imo.

I dont know about story-details, but they said that they are trying really hard not
to reveal anything about the plot or possible twists before the release.
We might just get some basic lore and background knowledge,
and the rest we'll have to learn by playing the game.

On eastern (a few days from now) we will get some new surprises from the PBs,
(I'm guessing more artworks) which they will hide like easter eggs on this website.
Unfortunately I'll be in spain with my girlfriend by then.

:D

Zocky
17.03.2008, 21:22
Ralf, if you have time to read this (I know, it's long), I wrote an idea on how I think you guys could make magic system more intresting and I was wondering, if you think it would be possible to implement something similar in this (probably not) or future PB games? And what do you think about it in general, would it really work?
http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?p=5771451&#post5771451 (post 157)

Ralf
18.03.2008, 08:02
Hi!

Sorry for the long silence on my part, but a bad case of lung-indfection knocked me ot for a good three weeks...

Ralf
Time ago some rumors says that the name of the game can be "Celtic" is this true??

Nope- a name has been found and we are working on Ideas for the Logo. I expect the name will be relvealed by DeepSilver latest around the E3 Convention.

1. Will you put the song Medley (the one from the calendar in the Christmas) in the game as part of the soundtrack?
2.Will you make your game open to the modding community like you did with Gothic 1 and Gothic 2?

Thanks for answering our questions!

1) I am sure Kai would love to put it on the CD- so there is a good chance for you completesits out there.
2) No plans at the moment- it´s still to early for that. Sorry.

Easter is coming and we have a special surprise for you: In Germany we love to search for easter eggs on sunday morning, so, keeping in tune with the X-Mas-Calendar, I have the permission to hide 4 new Concept-Artworks within the Forum.
If you have some time to pass on sunday- you might like to come and look for them!

:-)

Argenguy
18.03.2008, 18:32
Ralf.
1-How will be the trading system?
A-Like G3: That you can trade with a lot of NPCs that some of them aren't traders of profession like: hunters, guards, mages.
B-Like G1-2: That you can't trade with everybody, that there are only a few NPCs that are dedicated to trading goods, merchants and craftmen on other words.
C-Like STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl: That you can trade with any NPCs that its friendly to you but only a few will buy you important items like: weapons, armor, ammo, etc. Common, non-merchant by profession NPCs will buy you common items like food, drinks, healing kits-items, etc.
2-That kind of currency will we use?
A-Money (coins).
B-Some kind of ore nuggets (it could be gold nuggets).
C-Only exchange of items.
3-When you are trading:
A-It's like G1-3: You don't get money automatically when you sell an item of yours or loose your money automatically when you buy and item, you get the value points and you spend them in any of the items of the person that you are trading with, the money is considered as an item.
B- Or Like G2: You always get money automatically when you sell an item and you loose automatically money when you buy and item.
4-Will be a bargain system-skill again?

Bamfy
19.03.2008, 07:35
1.Can you tell us who are the members of the team and what is their task?
2.How many worlds will there be and how many chapters?

please anwer this questions Ralf:D

Ralf
19.03.2008, 08:27
please anwer this questions Ralf:D

Hi!

Well: Part of the Team you can see here:
http://piranhaclub.ru/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5
www.piranhaclub.ru is a wonderfully designed page in English, Russian and German.
Very ,very nice people involved- let me tell you!

Detailed Portraits of the whole team and their function will be also found on the official Deep-Silver-Netpage that will come around the time of the E3.

There will be only one world in the game.

Vontrippen
19.03.2008, 17:43
Ralf i have just see 4 new artworks...these artworks aren't the artworks that we can see sunday morning??

Argenguy
19.03.2008, 18:01
At last, something new, those artworks are pretty :cool:.
EDIT: Ralf. Why you are not answering the important questions? What's wrong? Are they too much compromising? You don't wanna spoil us right?

Vontrippen
20.03.2008, 15:20
Ralf but this is an artwok of RPB??
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/3250/tempelopferplatz1kz4.th.jpg (http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tempelopferplatz1kz4.jpg)

Rethon
20.03.2008, 16:25

Just take a look at the bottom of the drawing, then you can see that it is signed by Arthus of Kap Dun. So it's pretty certain that it's a fan artwork but not an official one.
We have to wait for sunday to see new artworks drawn by master Ralf himself. :)

Argenguy
21.03.2008, 06:32
Just take a look at the bottom of the drawing, then you can see that it is signed by Arthus of Kap Dun. So it's pretty certain that it's a fan artwork but not an official one.
We have to wait for sunday to see new artworks drawn by master Ralf himself. :)
But, it's pretty cool anyway, it fits with the RPB universe, or at least the little that we know from it.

Bamfy
22.03.2008, 08:11
Hi Ralf
Will we be able to do magic with our staffs like the orcs from gothic 1?

El Kamil
22.03.2008, 13:32
Hi Ralf,
another questions from our czech community. If any of them has already been aswered, please skip.

1) Could you tell us anything about system requirements ?

2) Will be your game optimalized for dual/quad core CPUs ?

3) I hope, that in your game will not be "leveling", like in Oblivion....

4) I would like to know if there will be a pirate beach and their ship, like in your previous project Gothic 2, because there was excelent atmosphere.

5) I have seen some kinds of monsters in one of artworks, so I am wondering if there will be any kind of Horses (or something like that, for example a fantastic monster) or do we have to travel by foot?

Thank you very much from all of us!

Argenguy
22.03.2008, 18:00
Nameless2 told me that Arthus of Kap Dun is a member of the G3 community patch team, so the artwork is not official.
Also, Ralf:
1-Will we have to face really magic creatures like giants, ents and even dragons?
2-About the Arthus fan-art. It fits in the RPB universe?

Zocky
22.03.2008, 22:04
Halo Ralf,
I have a question about general design. Will RPB have tipical fantasy theme (like gothic 2 and mostly 3) had, with orcs, humans, dragons, mages, paladins......or will it have more unique design, like for example The Sect camp was in g1, or some new, more "imaginative" monsters, some none-tipical fantasy world? I would realy prefer the later, as word fantasy really give so many free choice on world and enemy design, but most devs still make tipical LOTR style fantasy.

Argenguy
22.03.2008, 22:14
Halo Ralf,
I have a question about general design. Will RPB have tipical fantasy theme (like gothic 2 and mostly 3) had, with orcs, humans, dragons, mages, paladins......or will it have more unique design, like for example The Sect camp was in g1, or some new, more "imaginative" monsters, some none-tipical fantasy world? I would realy prefer the later, as word fantasy really give so many free choice on world and enemy design, but most devs still make tipical LOTR style fantasy.
Me too, I love refreshing changes and originality. So Ralf: Will you guys bring us again that magic and originality the we seen in Gothic I, because G2-3 were fine but they fell a bit in the classic formulae.

Ralf
22.03.2008, 23:23
Allright:

We have hidden 4 Eastereggs in PB-posts in some of the threads.
They are so far unpublished concept artworks and you can finde them if you look around a bit, since they are clearly marked as eastereggs.

Happy easter- and good hunting!

Zocky
22.03.2008, 23:31
link for egg #2 doesn't work atm.
But I can't wait to see them, tnx ralf.

Lazor
23.03.2008, 08:28
Here are some times for all of you Egg-hunters.

You can find two of the eastereggs in tutorial threads ;)
Another easter egg is really close
And Ralf enjoys going to the movies :)

Hope I've helped. Another tip is that every one of those thread is an english-only thread and the rest of them are english-german threads - but only with german posts inside :D. But that's not a problem since you can see a "EASTER EGG" very clearly.

I've found all of them and they are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zocky
23.03.2008, 09:10
maan, this new artworks looks really awesome! And I really like the overall design and feeling of this game. Keep up a good work PB!

Vontrippen
23.03.2008, 10:51
Ralf but with these 4 artworks you have also tell some new about RPB?

Argenguy
24.03.2008, 03:34
Ralf but with these 4 artworks you have also tell some new about RPB?
Yes, that's true, lately you have been a bit slippery about that, you are not answering the important questions, only he meaningless ones. Don't worry, a little of new info about the game won't hurt, we won't get too spoiled for that, for the contrary, we will get very enxious and with more energy to suport your porject.§wink

Vontrippen
24.03.2008, 09:40
someone can traslate this in english??
"Es wird wieder Fackeln und Lagerfeuer geben"

Argenguy
24.03.2008, 11:05
someone can traslate this in english??
"Es wird wieder Fackeln und Lagerfeuer geben"
It will give again torches/flares and campfires.

El Kamil
24.03.2008, 21:01
Shall be in RPB something like "Red latern" in G2?

Arthus of Kap Dun
25.03.2008, 01:55
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/3250/tempelopferplatz1kz4.th.jpg (http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tempelopferplatz1kz4.jpg)

@Vontrippen
The drawing RPB is not from the Ralf separate from me! It is a personal illusion of me to the RPB.
The drawing was done by me for the piranha club where you have also seen you.
I have a fanart Side to the piranha bytes there one finds something like that.
Sorry mine is not perfect in English

I have to you this sometimes specially in the original size here for you!

http://www.piranha-fanart-portal.de/images/galerie/pics/514_rpbopferplatz.jpg

Argenguy
25.03.2008, 06:52
As I said before, your fan-art is really cool Arthus, I hope that your illusion will become a reality, thatwe will see that thing in RPB. It look like a rock giant-idol-god.

Vontrippen
25.03.2008, 10:13
Ah..ok
When i have seen this artwork i realy think that is by ralf il perfect and is beautiful...so good work...
Argenguy thanks for the translation!!

Arthus of Kap Dun
25.03.2008, 12:23
Dream what to us in the RPB a lot of fun does maybe give it a little bit similar in the play.;)

Ralf
25.03.2008, 12:55
Hi!

PB is looking for a an additional animator- if you like to spread the word- here is the Job description:

Open position

Description
Fulltime/Inhouse
Visual Arts -Character/Creature Animator for our current project (working title “RPB”)
Experience 2+ years

Task
Animators are responsible for animating and rigging, specializing in characters and monsters

Required Skills and Knowledge
Strong proficiency in 3DSMAX or Maya
Knowledge of the human/animal skeleton structure and system
Excellent sense of scale, weight, timing and form
German or English language (fluent in writing and conversation or native speaker)
Advanced technical skills and knowledge of production pipelines a plus

Competencies
Ability to think in 3D
Excellent sense of scale, weight, timing and form
Attention to detail and ability to accurately follow instructions
Strong team player

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In your demo reels please show us Character/Animal/Creature animations ONLY.
You will disqualify by showing us things like: bouncing balls/space animations/technical animation e.t.c.

Please send your application - by electronic mail only - to:
Job.ani08@piranha-bytes.com

Piranha Bytes ® is a developer of computer games based in Essen, a major city in the Ruhrgebiet, Germany’s industrial heartland. The team has developed the much acclaimed GOTHIC ® computer roleplaying series and is currently working on a new role playing game.

Pluto 13 GmbH - Piranha Bytes, Ruhrallee 63, 45138 Essen, Germany

Argenguy
25.03.2008, 18:16
He!He! Need more mercenaries for you army, right?:p
I really hope that you guys will find a man for the job soon.

Ralf
26.03.2008, 16:54
He!He! Need more mercenaries for you army, right?:p
I really hope that you guys will find a man for the job soon.

No- we are looking for a kind and nice guy (possibly a smoker- since all animators I know are chainsmokers). I hope we will find somebody suitable soon to.
;-)

Shall be in RPB something like "Red latern" in G2?

Well...if we have a harbour, we might have all the other things conected with it as well.
:-P

Me too, I love refreshing changes and originality. So Ralf: Will you guys bring us again that magic and originality the we seen in Gothic I, because G2-3 were fine but they fell a bit in the classic formulae.

Now- you have to understand that I am only a pencil whith whom you can talk.
Meaning: I try my best to deliver the best possible Image that our Gamedesigners can come up with. I think, the secret with all the PB games goes like this: It´s what you expect- and then a litte something ontop of that...

Rethon
26.03.2008, 17:10
Well...if we have a harbour, we might have all the other things conected with it as well.
Copacetic :A, then here's a hypothetical question: Might it be possible that you do have a harbour in RPB?
If so, it would might be awesome. :D

Lazor
26.03.2008, 18:12
Obviously there will be at least one harbour town. First of all we're in an Island and in almost half of the artworks you can see the sea ;)

Anyway thanks Ralf for the nice new easter artworks and all of your answers in this thread :). I don't wanna ask something new, I just want to tell you one word: Editor :D (I know the answer concerning the editor but you should consider it a lot because even 5 years after the release of G2 there is an active german community creating new mods!)

nutrageti__
26.03.2008, 19:13
i am pretty sure island=at least one harbor... anyway high hopes for the moment when the name will be released along with details...artworks only feed the hunger for information

Ralf
27.03.2008, 12:30
Copacetic :A, then here's a hypothetical question: Might it be possible that you do have a harbour in RPB?
If so, it would might be awesome. :D

Actually you might be right!
An island without harbour- THAT would be boring indeed!

kthy0056
27.03.2008, 14:08
Can we put the artworks and wallpapers you made by now about RPB on other RPB related websites ( I am talking about a future romanian RPB website : piranha-game.ro - work in progres)?

TheDoctor
27.03.2008, 15:22
Actually you might be right!
An island without harbour- THAT would be boring indeed!
Actually, I think it would be rather cool. Ever played the Myst games or Ico/Shadow of the Colossus? Tall cliffs can be just as compelling as beatiful shores.

But will there be boats?

paulcmnt
29.03.2008, 08:11
I'll try to keep it as short and direct as possible:

I need some info about the development of NotR:
When did the development start (a date is preferable, but I would also be thanked if you said something like "right after Gothic II", etc).
Do you have any links to the first ever news to appear about NotR? If not, any links to old news about the addon will be helpful.
Did you want to make the translation into English from the beginning, or did this only became a goal later on (when? how?).

I am sorry for asking questions that you might not find helpful, and a little time-eating, but please answer them.:) Also, I would prefer my questions to be answered in a separate post (one post only for these questions).

I thank you again!

Edit by Rashnu: In future, please ask your questions about any Gothic related stuff in the appropriate Gothic threads. I know, you would love a direct answer from a Piranha but we need all their attention for the new project. ;)

Rethon
29.03.2008, 11:46
When did the development start (a date is preferable, but I would also be thanked if you said something like "right after Gothic II", etc).
Gold Master G2: November 11th, 2002
Gold Master NotR: August 9th, 2003
So I guess that the development time for NotR was about 9 months. But, of course, only the Piranhas know the exact period. :dnuhr:

Did you want to make the translation into English from the beginning, or did this only became a goal later on (when? how?).
The localization is not done by the developers (this is valid not only for PB but for almost all development studios).
The international release (outside of the EU) of G2 and in particular of its expansion pack was fucked up by JoWooD and its partners with Atari leading the way :mad:.

Vontrippen
29.03.2008, 12:57
Ralf is possible to see in RPB these suggestions?

I'd like if will be taken improvements also under the point of viiew of the “hunting”, that is , in the 3rd, i don’t remember inthe previous versions, when you kill an animal, and bring the fur and in many cases the horns and the teeths, the body of the anymal stay intact while it should have an obvious modific:, because privated of many own parts! All will give the thing more and more realistic but maybe the environmentalists will not be agreed about that.
Also for all the thing that concern the forgyng of weapons and swords the things culd be different and better. In the 3rd capter of Gothic, the procedure of sword forgyng it has beeen semplifyed opening one or more graphic windows but not displaying the truly forgyng work that consist in “the hitting” of the ore on the anvil, its “cooling” innto the water and its real sharpening, not that visualized in the game of a simple sword on the cote (the rolling stone wheel) , but, if i for exemple, Would sharp a more important sword, I will be disappointed to see that the sword that i ‘m sharpening is not mine but anotherone!! Will be nice to see a blacksmith , i’d like to see at Normar a blacksmith bring his armour plates and appreciate his hard work and his expercience to axemble the armours plates but meybe the procedure could became more complicated that i imagine, thinking that in the medioeval Age to construct an armours plate were nexesary many crftsman...But Here this situation it could be semplifyed in two or three passages working on with the fantasy of the creator.
I’ have appreciated much the reflex on the sun light of the sword blades insted of the hero walks he dosen’t leave tracks behind him and also the animals.
I Appriciate that all the materials as erbs minerals and other things as horns and teeth will be used to produce something! All! Not as in tha case of the gold that cannot be melted in somethinga else to make part of armour plates but oly as ingredient for a sword.
I’d like that the labial in the spoken will be more improved and render it more realistic and not simple opening and close of mooth.
In the end, the question of the forgyng could be extended also to the alchemy, in the prosuction of potion with a laburatory table. Show the thases of production and the thing became more realistic!!

paulcmnt
29.03.2008, 14:03
The localization is not done by the developers (this is valid not only for PB but for almost all development studios).
The international release (outside of the EU) of G2 and in particular of its expansion pack was fucked up by JoWooD and its partners with Atari leading the way :mad:.
'Kay, then ignore that question.

@Rashnu: It's for a noble cause.:P I really wouldn't bother PB, but the the fans' answers don't really have any value for this (even if they are the same as PBs').

Vontrippen
01.04.2008, 15:16
Some one can translate these in english??
- Man wird mit dem Bogen wieder frei zielen können, etwa wie in Gothic 3
- Es wird Rudel von Tieren oder Monstern geben

WernerTWC
01.04.2008, 15:36
Some one can translate these in english??
- Man wird mit dem Bogen wieder frei zielen können, etwa wie in Gothic 3
- Es wird Rudel von Tieren oder Monstern geben

- You can aim with the bow freely, like in g3.
- There will animals or monsters in herds.

Takuu
02.04.2008, 00:32
Hey Ralf
How the progress is going? When we will see the first ingame screen shot?
And if you cant comment about the first questions, just tell us something.. :D
damn i cant wait.....i hate to wait...

Ralf
02.04.2008, 14:03
Hey Ralf
How the progress is going? When we will see the first ingame screen shot?
And if you cant comment about the first questions, just tell us something.. :D
damn i cant wait.....i hate to wait...

Sorry man- we work as fast as we can.
We are still on time and the milestones get us worked up quite a bit- but so far, things progress way more smoothly than anticipated. I am still waiting for the big catastrophy to happen...
First screenshots will propably be released around the E3/ GC Exhibitions. (more later than earlier)
Something to read:
http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=375029
Michaels Interview ist translated into english- and Sascha is working on a new tutorial for the next days.
There is also a feature planed about the work of our storywriters...

TheDoctor
02.04.2008, 17:25
Ralf, here's some questions:

Will there be boats?

Will money and items play a bigger part in RPB? In Gothic 3 there was never any enjoyment looting chests, as money had little value since you had nothing important to buy, and all the items you'd find aws just generic ones such as potions or equivalent. Will we be able to find unique items in chests?

emperorzorn
03.04.2008, 00:37
Will money and items play a bigger part in RPB? In Gothic 3 there was never any enjoyment looting chests, as money had little value since you had nothing important to buy, and all the items you'd find aws just generic ones such as potions or equivalent. Will we be able to find unique items in chests?

I agree.

There should be something to do for those ambitious players that amass
tons of gold.
I'd love if there was some desolate hut, which you could turn into your house
after paying some carpenter to rebuild it properly.
After defeating big creatures or minibosses or even completing some major quests
little items that were souvenires of those quests could be added to the hut (a skull of a dragon / a sabre of a pirate / an ancient statue from a temple...etc..).

This would be fun for the collectors of us ;)

I'm back from my vacation by the way,
and I missed the whole easter thing. -.-;

TheDoctor
03.04.2008, 14:42
I don't think moneystacking should be a very large element in RPG games.. But unique items and/or hidden secrets should. It dies a lot of motivation for exploring the world. I remember while playing Gothic 1, when I got to the old ruined fort.. it was so much fun simply searching around for something interesting, and finding things like the hidden passage to the room filled with items. Or what about finding a secret cave below a waterfall?

That drives me to keep exploring.

Argenguy
04.04.2008, 21:12
Ralf:
About the inventory system:
1-It will be unlimited like G1-2-3?
2-It will be realistic wise, with real life limitations like carrying weight (if the hero becomes stronger means that he could carry more weight-things); or limited slots like Arx Fatalis or Residen evil (and that you can buy a backpack, tool belts to add more inventory slots)
About items:
1-Will they have drawbacks and penalizations? For example: If you equip a heavy armor you will have some skill penalizations.
About creatures:
1-When you kill one, it could be cool if the corpse will be surrounded by flies later when the time passes. It is mild violence. :D
2-Will all the wild creatures be hostile or some of them only attacks you if you attack them before like the Bisons in G3?
About the Hero:
Will he have personal motivations to do the main quest?

Hirikan
05.04.2008, 19:51
Hi Ralf, some questions i thought i would add to the ever growing list :D

1: Will the NPC's react to the players status, for example in gothic 3 the player could complete his way to become "champion of the orcs", yet it did not have any meaning at all in terms of how the NPC's reacted or interacted with the player.
2: How long will Kai Rosenkranz be staying with PB, i thought he was going to do some sort of degree at University and take a break from work?
3: Will the work by Kai be available to purchase once rpb is complete? :D
4: Will it be a hero again, or will we be able to create our own character?
5: Will there be multiple races in the new game? if so around how many friendly races will there be? :)

Thanks Ralf :D and say hi to Kai for me, his work is fantastic :D

take care.

TheDoctor
05.04.2008, 20:55
4: Will it be a hero again, or will we be able to create our own character?

It will be the same as in the Gothic games - a predefined hero. No character creating. (Confirmed) ;)

Argenguy
06.04.2008, 00:26
That's right, and it will not be Nameless for sure. I think that they should make it different than nameless, and not noly a change in the look, but also the personality, he should be more of a flexible character, with a wider array of decisions and it could be cool that the character should start as a inmature person that when he gets deeper in the adventure, he changes for, depending on the desicions he made before, better or for worse.
Also, Ralf:
Could the suggestions that I've posted here be taken in consideration? I mean. Is it possible to see those features in the new hero? If yes: COOL man. :cool:

Ralf
07.04.2008, 09:38
Can we put the artworks and wallpapers you made by now about RPB on other RPB related websites ( I am talking about a future romanian RPB website : piranha-game.ro - work in progres)?

No problem- just please don´t remove the copyright notes.

Ralf is possible to see in RPB these suggestions?

I'd like if will be taken improvements also under the point of viiew of the “hunting”, that is , in the 3rd, i don’t remember inthe previous versions, when you kill an animal, and bring the fur and in many cases the horns and the teeths, the body of the anymal stay intact while it should have an obvious modific:, because privated of many own parts! All will give the thing more and more realistic but maybe the environmentalists will not be agreed about that.
Also for all the thing that concern the forgyng of weapons and swords the things culd be different and better. In the 3rd capter of Gothic, the procedure of sword forgyng it has beeen semplifyed opening one or more graphic windows but not displaying the truly forgyng work that consist in “the hitting” of the ore on the anvil, its “cooling” innto the water and its real sharpening, not that visualized in the game of a simple sword on the cote (the rolling stone wheel) , but, if i for exemple, Would sharp a more important sword, I will be disappointed to see that the sword that i ‘m sharpening is not mine but anotherone!! Will be nice to see a blacksmith , i’d like to see at Normar a blacksmith bring his armour plates and appreciate his hard work and his expercience to axemble the armours plates but meybe the procedure could became more complicated that i imagine, thinking that in the medioeval Age to construct an armours plate were nexesary many crftsman...But Here this situation it could be semplifyed in two or three passages working on with the fantasy of the creator.
I’ have appreciated much the reflex on the sun light of the sword blades insted of the hero walks he dosen’t leave tracks behind him and also the animals.
I Appriciate that all the materials as erbs minerals and other things as horns and teeth will be used to produce something! All! Not as in tha case of the gold that cannot be melted in somethinga else to make part of armour plates but oly as ingredient for a sword.
I’d like that the labial in the spoken will be more improved and render it more realistic and not simple opening and close of mooth.
In the end, the question of the forgyng could be extended also to the alchemy, in the prosuction of potion with a laburatory table. Show the thases of production and the thing became more realistic!!

I forwarded them towards Mike Hoge- our chief game designer.
I think, since he tries to constantly improve the game, the chances are not bad that he allready fullfilled some of these suggestions...

Argenguy
07.04.2008, 18:48
I forwarded them towards Mike Hoge- our chief game designer.
I think, since he tries to constantly improve the game, the chances are not bad that he allready fullfilled some of these suggestions...

That's good to hear. :cool:
Also, Ralf: Could our new hero be an Anti-hero if we desire so? Could we join a faction that is against the King's (or whoever is the ruler of the world) interests?

Powaz
08.04.2008, 12:30
I think during the game will have to join something and follow their belief or NOT :D
Ralf,
Can you tell us something about the world I mean about the mainland of the new setting or something full of lore and stuff?If not now maybe soon?
Thanks

Ralf
09.04.2008, 08:07
I think during the game will have to join something and follow their belief or NOT :D
Ralf,
Can you tell us something about the world I mean about the mainland of the new setting or something full of lore and stuff?If not now maybe soon?
Thanks

Well- as you allready know, it´s an Island with a Volcano. The inquisition come to the island (and it has to come from somewhere, right?) - but we do not encounter the bigger landmass yet. Trust me- the less you know, the more fun it will be. There are a bunch of jaw-droppers planned and stuff you (hopefully) will not see coming.

More REAL storydetails will be revealed in the coming months during the E3 and GC exhibitions (we don´t want to shoot away all our gunpowder yet)
I know- it´s frustrating- but if you stick around you might like it.

TheImmortalOne_1
09.04.2008, 09:53
Ralf,i would ask you one thing (excuse my bad english)i would like theat the caracter to start whith 0 experience and also to be a hard -core game not tooo hard but still,i liked gothic 1 and 2 because you had to have armor ,experience and good weapons to kill big creatures ,the same in gothic 1.I didn't liked in gothic 3 the fact that you can kill from the start a shadow-beast that you get money and wepons easy,i want to bee hard to kill monsters, even little ones like wolves .What i think was bad in gothic 3 is that you are very power-full from the start.It would be really cool if you could start whith 0 experience a rusti sword and no armor and no gold/ore like gothic 1 and 2.I wish that in the start everyone will think that you are a nobody,that way when you will gain respect,and enter big guildes you will feel better,like a great acomplishment and maybe that's what old gothic fans want,a hard ,good original RPG.:D

SlamDunk
09.04.2008, 15:56
Trust me- the less you know, the more fun it will be.
Exactly.

Sometimes I do not like being this avid PB fan that I have been since the release of the English Gothic demo many years ago. On the other hand I really do NOT want to know or see a thing about your upcoming games, other than the knowledge that you're making one, of course, but then the other half of me steps on the stage and tells me to check out every last bit of info and media the web has to offer and I'll obey, I am powerless to resist because, on the other hand, I really DO want to know and see every bit of the pre-release stuff there ever willl be.

I'd like to get hypnotized so that I would filter out everything PB-related until the next game is out and then just go buy it knowing that it will be great and get BLOWN AWAY :)

- - -

Other thing for you Ralf: is there a name for the new engine yet? (2nd time asking this from you now :D)

Argenguy
09.04.2008, 18:49
Well- as you allready know, it´s an Island with a Volcano. The inquisition come to the island (and it has to come from somewhere, right?) - but we do not encounter the bigger landmass yet. Trust me- the less you know, the more fun it will be. There are a bunch of jaw-droppers planned and stuff you (hopefully) will not see coming.

More REAL storydetails will be revealed in the coming months during the E3 and GC exhibitions (we don´t want to shoot away all our gunpowder yet)
I know- it´s frustrating- but if you stick around you might like it.

Again, it's really good to hear that you and the rest of the Piranhas care for your fans and that don't want to spoil us. Well, in that case, I will wait 'til the E3 and GC, but if it is for our own good, don't reveal too much in there too. When those conventions will come, just reveal us a pre-alpha, or a teaser, basic gameplay features only, leave the best and unexpexted things until will get the game to our hands, etc. You know what I mean.:gratz

Hirikan
09.04.2008, 19:31
I have a good question :) not sure if its been asnwered or if you can answer it Ralf:

Will there be alot more variety in the armor than there was with Gothic 3? Will there be more armor items for head and what about slot positions like wrist/waist?

TheImmortalOne_1
10.04.2008, 05:50
i liked how you got armor in gothic 1&2 ,joining different faction's you got they'r respective armor type,will that be also availible in RPB?:D

Thanks!!

Ralf
10.04.2008, 07:51
Exactly.

Sometimes I do not like being this avid PB fan that I have been since the release of the English Gothic demo many years ago. On the other hand I really do NOT want to know or see a thing about your upcoming games, other than the knowledge that you're making one, of course, but then the other half of me steps on the stage and tells me to check out every last bit of info and media the web has to offer and I'll obey, I am powerless to resist because, on the other hand, I really DO want to know and see every bit of the pre-release stuff there ever willl be.

I'd like to get hypnotized so that I would filter out everything PB-related until the next game is out and then just go buy it knowing that it will be great and get BLOWN AWAY :)

- - -

Other thing for you Ralf: is there a name for the new engine yet? (2nd time asking this from you now :D)

Sorry man- we really don´tr mean to torture you guys with holding Information back.
If we (the studio) will get our way, you will only know stuff about a quarter of the game in until the release of the game. The rest of the story we try to keep secret.
Lot´s of new stuff to look at anyway- so no need to show every little bit and surprise.

And no- the engine doesn´t have a name yet ( the old propably could have been POS: Piece of shit- but the new one is a really a FPOT: Fun piece of technology)

I have a good question :) not sure if its been asnwered or if you can answer it Ralf:

Will there be alot more variety in the armor than there was with Gothic 3? Will there be more armor items for head and what about slot positions like wrist/waist?

There will be more variety- I am not sure if it will meet you demands for A LOT- but it will be way more nontheless.

Argenguy
10.04.2008, 08:13
Ralf, could you answer me this please? It's important:
One thing that I didn't like too much in G1-2-3 is the lack of proportion in human bodies: in G1-2 the males have arms too big for their chests or the chest are too small for their arms, the females were okay. And in G3 some chars (specially the poor, ol' Diego) have a very small head, but most character have a lot of more of body proportion and physical complexion variation than Gothic 1-2 (normal, fat and skinny), but I felt them a bit hastily made.
My question is: Will the characters in RPB be more detailed, with more proportion, without tiny (shrinked by amazonic "head shrinkers" indians:D:p) heads and foremost be more beautifull and likeable (atleast in their look)to the eye no matter if the char is inherently hideous (for example he-she suffers Leper), but he-she brights for his-her detailed look?

TheImmortalOne_1
10.04.2008, 10:57
will there be guildes or factions like in the previous games and if you enter a faction you can't go to another?.Will there be professions like hunter ,smith,alchemest,etc.Can you buy differrent building in the game?.Can you have animal pets,like a dog?.Could you use trophies like shadowbest hord or troll hide to impress people in a certain settlement or to be accepted into a specific guilde?.Wil there be legendary items:a very powerfull sword or mace .:D

Delicieuxz
10.04.2008, 11:29
Hi Ralf,

In Gothic 1 and 2, and most of all in Night of the Raven, we saw more condensed detail of landscape than in Gothic 3. Will the new game return to the dense detail of the earlier games?

In Gothic 2 there were leaves that fell from the trees to the ground, which was very pretty and added to the richness of the atmosphere. Are we going to see this in the new game?

Might any of these features be included in the game?:

- An option to turn battle music on or off, and have attack warnings represented with a chime or something other than a complete music change?
Sometimes it's desired to not break the immersion and atmosphere of a setting, and having the music cut back and forth every few seconds or even every few minutes can be a bother.
Another battle music idea is that the music only changes when facing an opponent who is strong in comparison to your character, and that if facing enemies who are weak compared to your character the music does not change.
At very least, I think that when the music cuts away from the environments music into the combat music, when it switches back to the environment it should fade back into the spot where it cut out from.

- Visible locational damage - such as the ability to give a creature or an enemy a limp, cut off their leg, head, tail, etc?
Also, the ability to possibly randomly see them disoriented or shaky from taking a lot of blows?

- Ability to make and place titled markers or signposts on the map (assuming there will be one), and write notes to go along with the markers?

- Ability to become intoxicated, as you could with swampweed in Gothic 2?
If so, I'd personally like to see more effects, colours flashing, various shifts and changes in perception. Maybe it could be integrated as part of an island ritual or something, or... one of the effects, besides visual alterations, could slowed everything down, so that using the substance might be useful during fights when you want to watch your opponents swings closely or sumthin'.

Anyway, thanks! §wink

Argenguy
10.04.2008, 11:53
Hi Ralf,
In Gothic 2 there were leaves that fell from the trees to the ground, which was very pretty and added to the richness of the atmosphere. Are we going to see this in the new game?
- Visible locational damage - such as the ability to give a creature or an enemy a limp, cut off their leg, head, tail, etc?

Well, in Gothic I you can also see leaves falling from the trees. About the dismemberment feature, I don't think that they could implement it because Germany has a very strict audio visual violence control policy and laws. That's why german videogames (like Gothic, Far Cry, Crysis, etc.) don't have high blood and gore content. Ralf could comfirm you that if you don't believe me. Maybe they could implement flesh wounds but not dismemberment. Well in that case,
Ralf: How gory will be the game? Not much really?

Vontrippen
10.04.2008, 13:36
Someone can translate these in english??
- Das Spiel wird Multicore-fähig sein
- Verwandlungen werden Story-relevant sein und einige Locations werden ohne solche Zauber kaum zugänglich sein.

Rashnu
10.04.2008, 13:54
Someone can translate these in english??
- Das Spiel wird Multicore-fähig sein

The game will support multi-core (probably quadro-core) CPUs.

- Verwandlungen werden Story-relevant sein und einige Locations werden ohne solche Zauber kaum zugänglich sein.

Shapeshifting spells are essential to the story, some locations won't be accessible without it.

Vontrippen
10.04.2008, 14:00
Thanks rashnu for the translation bat what it mean Shapeshifting??

The game will support multi-core (probably quadro-core) CPUs.

so if we whant to paly we must have a multi-core CPUs??

Rashnu
10.04.2008, 14:09
Thanks rashnu for the translation bat what it mean Shapeshifting??

Shapeshifting (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shapeshifting) means the transformation in someone or something other, e.g. into an animal.

so if we whant to paly we must have a multi-core CPUs??

Certainly not. You just cannot benefit from multi-core cpu's if the programme isn't designed for it (or only a fraction from its potential).

TheImmortalOne_1
10.04.2008, 17:06
also if you chose to be za hunter can you hunt down animal by they'r traks or could you recognise how large thay are if they stai in a herd if they are solitare animals carnivores or herbivores.Wil this be included in the new game?

Hirikan
11.04.2008, 08:26
^ Something like that would be hard to implement but fricken awesome. :D

Another question:
Can we get Hi in RPB? :D

TheDoctor
11.04.2008, 12:15
Can we get Hi in RPB? :D

I'd like that. Smokes in Gothic had no visual effect.

[>Silverback<]
11.04.2008, 13:01
I'd like that. Smokes in Gothic had no visual effect.

Hehehe... Never played Gothic II - NotR, hmm? ;)

Stalagmite
11.04.2008, 16:00
Nothing like kicking some ass, then getting high while playing the lute in your perspective camp, eh?

I've got a question foryou Ralf,

Out of all the games you have helped create, how does RPB fit in as far as enjoying what you accomplish, putting all of your heart and soul into the project, and not being rushed by your publisher? is this project coming your love of making games to the fullest or what, do you and your team feel like you are putting your fullest potential into this one?

TheDoctor
11.04.2008, 17:32
;5969437']Hehehe... Never played Gothic II - NotR, hmm? ;)

Well, I cant remember that smokes had any visual effect in NotR either. Did they, though? :o

TheImmortalOne_1
11.04.2008, 17:59
Nothing like kicking some ass, then getting high while playing the lute in your perspective camp, eh?

Out of all the games you have helped create, how does RPB fit in as far as enjoying what you accomplish, putting all of your heart and soul into the project, and not being rushed by your publisher? is this project coming your love of making games to the fullest or what, do you and your team feel like you are putting your fullest potential into this one?

wow,you're verry serious:eek: .

1 thing i want to ask ralf,ok maybe more but i'll start whith this:At the start of the game you will have 0 money ,no experience , a rusti sword and no reputation.I'd like to be like this ,a god,old classical RPG like gothic 1&2.In 1 i liket that i needed armor to just kill a wolf,that's what maked gothic well-known and a good RPG in my opinion.I want the game to be chalenging:)

Stalagmite
11.04.2008, 18:15

No, I'm just a curious consumer. ;)

[>Silverback<]
11.04.2008, 22:15
Well, I cant remember that smokes had any visual effect in NotR either. Did they, though? :o

Yup. There are both, visual and audio effects.
Try it...

----------

btw:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2JHxrlKH4Q ;)

Hirikan
11.04.2008, 23:24
No! dont do it, keep your lungs healthy!!

TheImmortalOne_1
12.04.2008, 05:27
will there be religion and faith is the new game.In gothic 1&2 there were innos,beliar and adanos9don't know if i've typed them very well).What religios guides will be in RPB orwhat kind of religios factions (magicians of water,fire)?

bat_boro
12.04.2008, 08:46
I can't remember if I had asked you this before Ralf, but I'll do it now anyway.

Is there any chance for Kai to collaborate with Borislav Slavov again as in the Gothic 3 OST?
Their last piece of work was just beautiful

Ralf
14.04.2008, 08:46

Actually ,we are in quite a good relationship with the publisher. So far, the work is much smoother thatn for example, some of the games I worked on for little or no money.
There is never enough time to finish all you have set out to do- but it seem to me that this time (for RPB) the stars allign and we can get quite a high rate of stuff we wanted to get into the game.
But nontheless, I doubt one can ever be full satisfied with ones work on a game. The demands on time and money are allways to high- und since this work is a collaborative effort, you will have to compromise your ideas- one way or the other.

1 thing i want to ask ralf,ok maybe more but i'll start whith this:At the start of the game you will have 0 money ,no experience , a rusti sword and no reputation.I'd like to be like this ,a god,old classical RPG like gothic 1&2.In 1 i liket that i needed armor to just kill a wolf,that's what maked gothic well-known and a good RPG in my opinion.I want the game to be chalenging:)

I think you will get what you wish for!
;-)

will there be religion and faith is the new game.In gothic 1&2 there were innos,beliar and adanos9don't know if i've typed them very well).What religios guides will be in RPB orwhat kind of religios factions (magicians of water,fire)?

Religion will feature in the game. Mike Hoge allready mentioned the INQUISITION, wich implies some form of organised Cult.
But not much more I am allowed to reveal at the moment. Sorry.

I can't remember if I had asked you this before Ralf, but I'll do it now anyway.

Is there any chance for Kai to collaborate with Borislav Slavov again as in the Gothic 3 OST?
Their last piece of work was just beautiful

I forwarded your question to him...

Argenguy
14.04.2008, 09:22
Ralf:
Will the game have cutscenes and cinematics made with the game engine and not just intro and ending movies? I mean some cool, simple and well made scenes that show an important event, a bit like Arx Fatalis (it got cutscenes), for example: a camera angle change that shows you that an important door or portal is opening; when you first enter to an important place (a quick cinematic camera shows you the distict that you've entered).
Also, Which is the meaning of Next-gen to you? Do you think that RPB is truly a Next-Gen project for you, or it's an Old School one, or a mix of both? Do you think that labeling a game as Next-gen gives it a guarantee of being revolutionary?

TheImmortalOne_1
15.04.2008, 08:21
will there be 1 caracter like in the gothic series or can we create our caracter?

Argenguy
15.04.2008, 10:53
will there be 1 caracter like in the gothic series or can we create our caracter?

PB has already stated that our new "hero" will be a predefined one, that there will not be a character creating for RPB.

Stalagmite
15.04.2008, 11:43
PB has already stated that our new "hero" will be a predefined one, that there will not be a character creating for RPB.

I'm fine with that as long as you start out at zero and get to develop the hero as you see fit.

Rethon
15.04.2008, 12:26
I'm fine with that as long as you start out at zero and get to develop the hero as you see fit.
To me this is also very important, because it's so motivating to become a hero by and by.
If I am not wrong then Ralf has already hinted that this time we will start the adventure as a nobody and a true wimp. :A
Ralf, am I right here? :D

bat_boro
15.04.2008, 12:33
Ralf, now that Gothic 3 is getting an expansion, could you share PB's vision on the expansion you were going to make for Gothic 3, but eventually never did?
Maybe we could hear from you what your expansion was going to look like and compare it to the one that we'll eventually see sometime this year

Oh and I really apreciate asking Kai about the OST, he's really a great artist :)

Powaz
15.04.2008, 15:07
Hey Ralf!

Have you guys any secret places in the game that only the "explorers" can find?I mean places not mentioned anywhere : like a secret cave with something cool inside.
And what about rewarding the "explorers"?

TheImmortalOne_1
15.04.2008, 16:01
To me this is also very important, because it's so motivating to become a hero by and by.
If I am not wrong then Ralf has already hinted that this time we will start the adventure as a nobody and a true wimp. :A
Ralf, am I right here? :D

yes that's EXACTLY want i want:D

Argenguy
15.04.2008, 18:26
Maybe the only think that we could cutomize of the character is his personality, depending of the choices we make. But his look will be one. At least our new hero should be handsome and soft-spoken like Nameless was in the first game. In Gothic 3 Nameless is more brash and cocky and he has a stronger personality.

Powaz
15.04.2008, 19:50
Any plans for pirates in the new game?Yes, no or maybe? (please say yes or maybe :D)

Delicieuxz
16.04.2008, 00:31
Ralf §wink , you missed my questions with your last reply. Here they are again:

Hi Ralf,

In Gothic 1 and 2, and most of all in Night of the Raven, we saw more condensed detail of landscape than in Gothic 3. Will the new game return to the dense detail of the earlier games?

- An option to turn battle music on or off, and have attack warnings represented with a chime or something other than a complete music change?
Sometimes it's desired to not break the immersion and atmosphere of a setting, and having the music cut back and forth every few seconds or even every few minutes can be a bother.
Another battle music idea is that the music only changes when facing an opponent who is strong in comparison to your character, and that if facing enemies who are weak compared to your character the music does not change.
At very least, I think that when the music cuts away from the environments music into the combat music, when it switches back to the environment it should fade back into the spot where it cut out from.

Also, the ability to possibly randomly see them disoriented or shaky from taking a lot of blows?

- Ability to make and place titled markers or signposts on the map (assuming there will be one), and write notes to go along with the markers?

If so, I'd personally like to see more effects, colours flashing, various shifts and changes in perception. Maybe it could be integrated as part of an island ritual or something, or... one of the effects, besides visual alterations, could slowed everything down, so that using the substance might be useful during fights when you want to watch your opponents swings closely or sumthin'.

Anyway, thanks! §wink

Argenguy
16.04.2008, 03:24
Ralf, I have a suggestion for the game: visible weapon holsters as an aesthetic feature, that means scabbards for swords (that includes to 2 handed swords) and quiver for arrows and quarrels (if it is possible, the quiver of quarrels should be smaller than the quiver of arrows. Obviously, a rusty sword that you found it in a pile of junk won't have a scabbard :D.
And the question is: Could it be a viable feature for the game or not? If yes, Will you consider to implement it in the game?
What do I have to do to make you answer one of my questions? I'll do the monkey if it is necessary. :dnuhr:

Ralf
16.04.2008, 07:37
Good morning!

I am by no means an important person for the project (there are voices far mor weighty than mine) but here we have an interview- this time in English- so youz guys are finally at an advantage!
http://www.pcigre.com/content/view/12577/78/

Yes- the player character will be predifined.

Your wish is our command!

Ralf, now that Gothic 3 is getting an expansion, could you share PB's vision on the expansion you were going to make for Gothic 3, but eventually never did?
Maybe we could hear from you what your expansion was going to look like and compare it to the one that we'll eventually see sometime this year

Oh and I really apreciate asking Kai about the OST, he's really a great artist :)

No- there where no plans or vision. Sorry. There just wasn´t time...

Hey Ralf!

Have you guys any secret places in the game that only the "explorers" can find?I mean places not mentioned anywhere : like a secret cave with something cool inside.
And what about rewarding the "explorers"?

You betcha!
:-P§wink§gn8:baetsch:

Delicieuxz
16.04.2008, 08:45
Missed twice! Meh, copy and paste to the rescue:

Hi Ralf,

Anyway, thanks! §wink

TheImmortalOne_1
16.04.2008, 09:51
ralf,please tell piranha bytes members to take they'r time on the sound and music.The music in gothic 2 was great but in gothic 1 was magnificent,superb,no words to say it..The music in gothic 1 was divine to say the least and the music when you entered the different camp was awsome,so please take your time doing the music and sounds in this new project:D

Bamfy
16.04.2008, 17:36
Thanks for the interview Ralf.
Btw,can we put the interview on a Romanian site about RPB?(http://piranha-game.ro/)

Stalagmite
16.04.2008, 18:01
ralf,please tell piranha bytes members to take they'r time on the sound and music.The music in gothic 2 was great but in gothic 1 was magnificent,superb,no words to say it..The music in gothic 1 was divine to say the least and the music when you entered the different camp was awsome,so please take your time doing the music and sounds in this new project:D

I agree, to me, an outstanding musical score is vital to a games greatness. It's one of the many organs (like inside a human body) that make a great game work.

Actually, to be honest, I've replayed crappy games that have absolutely brilliant musical scores just because the game had them. That should tell you the power music in games can have!

Powaz
16.04.2008, 18:21
Hey hey Ralf!

Any plans for pirates in the new game?Yes, no or maybe? (please say yes or maybe :D)

And

How is the weapon design going?Will we see more "simple" weapons like in Gothic 1 and 2?

And people please post more questions I think Ralf sleeps when he is browsing this thread :D

Just came up with a question : What about ladders in RPB :D

bat_boro
17.04.2008, 08:35
So, Ralf, any news from Kai about the OST question?

TheImmortalOne_1
18.04.2008, 09:09
Hey hey Ralf!

And

How is the weapon design going?Will we see more "simple" weapons like in Gothic 1 and 2?

And people please post more questions I think Ralf sleeps when he is browsing this thread :D

what do you mean by simple weapon design?

Ralf
18.04.2008, 12:42
Hi There!

Today we have some of the Fans visting us for a cup of coffee. Wish you where here...

So, Ralf, any news from Kai about the OST question?

He didn´t answer? Well- G1 is a Soundtrack genereated from hundreds of pieces taht are arranged by your actions. So there is no real Soundtrack for that.
But if memory serves right, there was one in the CE od Gothic 2...

Hey hey Ralf!

And

The Weapon Design is done by now. And yes- there will be simpler weapons as well.
But you might not need ladders...

And no- I am not sleeping when Iread this- there will be plenty of people here the colsser we get to real new stuff and an eventual release...

Thanks for the interview Ralf.
Btw,can we put the interview on a Romanian site about RPB?(http://piranha-game.ro/)

Sure, why not.
But please make sure to also get the permission of the original portal admins.

Vontrippen
18.04.2008, 17:52
Ralf in gothic and gothic 2 to open the chest we have to find the right combination beetween right and left in G3 is all more easy you improve your abilities and learm the skill to open the chest.My question is:
The opening of the chest in RPB is like G and G2 or like G3 or in another way??

P.S.i hope you have understand my question!!§wink

Argenguy
18.04.2008, 22:27
Ralf, No Ladders?! You gotta be kidding 'cause climb ladders is very funny. Why you guys don't want to put that feature in the game? hhmpf! §hhmpf

Rethon
18.04.2008, 22:47
Ralf, No Ladders?! You gotta be kidding 'cause climb ladders is very funny. Why you guys don't want to put that feature in the game? hhmpf! §hhmpf
Well, no ladders doesn't mean there's no climbing in the game. But unfortunately, we can't ask Ralf to confirm because it would be a "feature question". No climbing, that would indeed be a serious issue. §cry

Delicieuxz
18.04.2008, 23:37
Ralf :

Missed twice! Meh, copy and paste to the rescue:

Hi Ralf,

Anyway, thanks! §wink

Edit by Rashnu: Don't overdo it! If he doesn't answer now, please spare us another reminder.

dark-cz-klaw
19.04.2008, 02:13
Ralf, will there be more bars and bar-related quests? Beer is something that can't be left out!

Will there be any kind of siege weapon for use? Including destroying buildings/castles?

Will it be possible to have more of a medieval-style daily life, and be possible to throw (or be thrown) into prison?

Will there be more guild-emphasized guilds?

Was the coffee you had good? :D

TheImmortalOne_1
20.04.2008, 21:54
there won't be armor pieces but whole armors like in the gothic games?

Argenguy
20.04.2008, 23:27
there won't be armor pieces but whole armors like in the gothic games?
I hope that there will be also footwear (boots :)), helmets, gautlets and/or belts (like in NOTR), and that the body armor compunds torso, legs and arms. DOn't know, we will see that in the next GC and E3.

Stalagmite
20.04.2008, 23:32
I hope that there will be also footwear (boots :)), helmets, gautlets and/or belts (like in NOTR), and that the body armor compunds torso, legs and arms. DOn't know, we will see that in the next GC and E3.

Who needs all that crap when you have belts, rings, and amulets? Anymore than that is one step closer to a Bethesda game like Oblivion. ;)

This is a PB game not a sandbox (except for maybe G3). No 'Gauntlets of Steady Bowel Movement' in Gothic lad.

Argenguy
21.04.2008, 03:37
Who needs all that crap when you have belts, rings, and amulets? Anymore than that is one step closer to a Bethesda game like Oblivion. ;)

This is a PB game not a sandbox (except for maybe G3). No 'Gauntlets of Steady Bowel Movement' in Gothic lad.

Well, atleast keep the helmets-hats-coif-caps. What do you have against them?

TheImmortalOne_1
21.04.2008, 07:35
also when will the next GC and E3 be and when,so i can know how long i will wait;)

Argenguy
21.04.2008, 07:59
also when will the next GC and E3 be and when,so i can know how long i will wait;)
I don't know the exact dates for this year, but I think that they will take place at the same dates of the past year. In 2007 the E3 was in july and the GC was in august.

TheDoctor
21.04.2008, 09:34
E3 2008: July 15-17.

GC 2008: August 20-24.

Afaik.

Argenguy
21.04.2008, 10:29
E3 2008: July 15-17.

GC 2008: August 20-24.

Afaik.

As I said, I don't know the dates for this year, but I presume that it will be the same dates for this year.:dnuhr:
One thing I know is that the GC is always in august.
Well, we will have to wait 2-3 months more. Damn, this waiting is killing, I can't hold it for much longer, I hope that both PB and Spellbound (for Gothic 4) will release some info or some romotional artwork before the E3 and the GC.

Ralf
21.04.2008, 12:55
Hi!

Another week working on the game...
On the news-fron:
The ART OF GOTHIC 3- Book (please see my signature below for more Information)
is getting cheaper! Finally!
The Text is in german- but that shouldn´t stop you to buy it, because it´s choke-full of Images from the production of G3

Delicieuxz
Hi Ralf,

A big YES!

Maybe- there is a good chance for it...

A button to shut the music down is planned.

I forwarded the suggestion- thanks!

Geat ideas- we are not done with the monster animation yet...

Good idea- also forwarded...

Anyway, thanks!

I don´t think there will ever be a PB game without booze or other recreative substances. Rest assured!

Argenguy
21.04.2008, 14:10
See, that wasn't so hard. It's not that bad in issuing some small details about the game.
Thanks Ralf.§wink
Also: Could you respond me at least one of my questions? Please?

Ralf
21.04.2008, 14:18
Ralf, I have a suggestion for the game: visible weapon holsters as an aesthetic feature, that means scabbards for swords (that includes to 2 handed swords) and quiver for arrows and quarrels (if it is possible, the quiver of quarrels should be smaller than the quiver of arrows. Obviously, a rusty sword that you found it in a pile of junk won't have a scabbard :D.
And the question is: Could it be a viable feature for the game or not? If yes, Will you consider to implement it in the game?
What do I have to do to make you answer one of my questions? I'll do the monkey if it is necessary. :dnuhr:

Well- we thought about it for a while- but decided against it, since it doubles the modelling-ammount because every sword and weapon has a singular shape- and we also would have to compromise the armor designs quite a bit to make everything fit with everything else.
So, we didn´t think it was worth all the effort- at least not for this game...
Hope you understand...

Argenguy
21.04.2008, 14:29
Well- we thought about it for a while- but decided against it, since it doubles the modelling-ammount because every sword and weapon has a singular shape- and we also would have to compromise the armor designs quite a bit to make everything fit with everything else.
So, we didn´t think it was worth all the effort- at least not for this game...
Hope you understand...
I see, thanks for the answer. Maybe it's for the game's own good, forget about the scabbards, but visible quivers are a good idea. And what do you mean with "compromising the armor designs"? Does it means that the armor will be in one piece like in the Gothic or the just have simplified designs?

Vontrippen
21.04.2008, 16:44
Ralf in gothic and gothic 2 to open the chest we have to find the right combination beetween right and left in G3 is all more easy you improve your abilities and learm the skill to open the chest.My question is:

Hirikan
21.04.2008, 19:07
One question Ralf:
Will any of the English voice actors from previous Gothic games be involved in RPB, if you dont know yet do you think they will be? :)

Maelthra
21.04.2008, 22:37
Hi Ralf
Here are my questions:

In Gothic 1 and 2 the plot played much more important role in the game. In Gothic 3 the game was about making side quests only. How will it be in RPB?

Will we see shields in RPB?

In Gothic 1 nad 2 You wore your one-handed weapons on your belt and bows on Your shoulder. In Gothic 3 You wore everything on Your back. How will it be in RPB?

Maybe its not exactly about RPB but Im awfully curious about it. In Gothic 3 every heavy armor had a strage metal bar on its back. What was a purpose of it?

Thanks!

TheDoctor
22.04.2008, 09:00
Here are some questions, Ralf:

What is your personal assessment on the development of RPB?

Have you tried the gameplay-part out, and what did you think of it? Is it already finished and great, or still under heavy development?

How do you think the final design will prove like - revolutionary, amazing, better than the Gothic series or just OK? Do you think it could become a cult game?

In what way should we be expecting E3 and GC this summer? What will be exposed about RPB? Any plans? Your personal thoughts? Do you look forward to this summer's conventions? What games, apart from your own, do you hope to see more of?

Do you think that RPB will be like a classic RPG (with wizards, dragons, magic everywhere etc - that kind of feeling, like Gothic 2 had) or something new, fresh? What would that new be, apart from the very interesting world- and culture-design?

Are there any games in development that might compromize the release of RPB? For example, is Fallout 3, by Bethesda, a competitor to you?

And, have you had any ideas (or facts!) on a Collectors Edition, yet? ;)

Thank you for all your answers, so far, Ralf. Next to Fumito Ueada's new Sony Entertainment-game for the PS3, Ico 3, RPB is the game that I look forward to with an open heart. It's difficult to express the impact of knowing that a new Piranha Bytes-game is being under development. I just can't wait to see what you've got in store for us. :)

Ralf
23.04.2008, 08:00

More Lockpicking this time.

One question Ralf:
Will any of the English voice actors from previous Gothic games be involved in RPB, if you dont know yet do you think they will be? :)

It´s too eraly yet to decide that- but there is no reason agains casting some of them for the new game...

Lazor
23.04.2008, 08:45
More Lockpicking this time.

That sounds really cool. Gothic 1,2 lockipicking system was really nice as well as Oblivion lockpicking system was, so I hope we'll see a lockpicking system close to these games ;).. And a thieve's guild (stealing from the Inquisition and the rich people) is necessary :D

Povilas
23.04.2008, 11:55
Hi Ralf!
I wish to know weather in RPB one will be able to climb stuf like in Gothic 1,2. In my opinion that realy made most things kind of usable and in G3 jumping system was jus terrible. ;)

Argenguy
23.04.2008, 12:18
Ralf, What about alchemy this time?:
Will it have a more important role this time or it will be as generic as it was in Gothic 3? I'm not asking you about specifical features but only if it will be more varied and powerfull or not.

Rethon
23.04.2008, 14:11
And a thieve's guild (stealing from the Inquisition and the rich people) is necessary :D
Yes, it's always a pleasure to rob stinking rich farts :D. I hope we will be able to rip off those old inquisition dogs.
So Ralf, have you guys also planned thief abilities for RPB?

Povilas
23.04.2008, 17:56
Will we have something like swampweed or we will have just some simple, boring tobacco (if any of them is planed)?:)

Argenguy
23.04.2008, 19:15
Will we have something like swampweed or we will have just some simple, boring tobacco (if any of them is planed)?:)
Ralf already said that there is no PB game that doesn't has "recreative substances" So, in other words, he said that there will be booze, tobacco and other "recreative substances".

Hirikan
23.04.2008, 19:24
Hi ralf, got a question for you:

I really liked seeing slaves around gothic 3, it added to the atmosphere and made it feel like there was a real social structure, but in RPB will there be alot more "levels" of social classes like this?. :D

Povilas
23.04.2008, 20:49
Ralf already said that there is no PB game that doesn't has "recreative substances" So, in other words, he said that there will be booze, tobacco and other "recreative substances".

Yes but that doesn't answer my question. Weather there will be some fanatsy "recreative substances" or just plane old booze and tobacoo?;)

TheImmortalOne_1
23.04.2008, 20:54
if you ask me i like just plane old booze and tobacoo:D

Povilas
23.04.2008, 21:04

I really liked seeing slaves around gothic 3, it added to the atmosphere and made it feel like there was a real social structure, but in RPB will there be alot more "levels" of social classes like this?. :D
I don't think that slaves in G3 is the best example or Gothic's social stucture.
Maby second gothic's part upper-quarter - "middle class" - harbour district social levels would be a better example.
But I can pretty much bet that its almost impossible to imgine RPB with just a few social levels. :)

Bamfy
24.04.2008, 20:41
Will there be a max capacity for atributes?(strenght,dexternity etc)

TheImmortalOne_1
24.04.2008, 20:59
will the explorers be rewarded whith 'elite' items like innos rage(or blood,i don't remember) in gothic 1,or a powerfull rune?

Danutz_plusplus
24.04.2008, 21:13
Don't know if this was asked before, but will there be incentives to re-visit places we've explored before? Something like adding new NPCs/items/quests/stuff to areas as the story progresses? I'd like this very much.

TheDoctor
24.04.2008, 21:17
Posting my last questions to Ralf again..

What is your personal assessment on the development of RPB?

Have you tried the gameplay-part out, and what did you think of it? Is it already finished and great, or still under heavy development?

How do you think the final design will prove like - revolutionary, amazing, better than the Gothic series or just OK? Do you think it could become a cult game?

In what way should we be expecting E3 and GC this summer? What will be exposed about RPB? Any plans? Your personal thoughts? Do you look forward to this summer's conventions? What games, apart from your own, do you hope to see more of?

Do you think that RPB will be like a classic RPG (with wizards, dragons, magic everywhere etc - that kind of feeling, like Gothic 2 had) or something new, fresh? What would that new be, apart from the very interesting world- and culture-design?

Are there any games in development that might compromize the release of RPB? For example, is Fallout 3, by Bethesda, a competitor to you?

And, have you had any ideas (or facts!) on a Collectors Edition, yet? ;)

Ralf
25.04.2008, 07:55
Ralf, What about alchemy this time?:
Will it have a more important role this time or it will be as generic as it was in Gothic 3? I'm not asking you about specifical features but only if it will be more varied and powerfull or not.

A big YES.

Yes, it's always a pleasure to rob stinking rich farts :D. I hope we will be able to rip off those old inquisition dogs.
So Ralf, have you guys also planned thief abilities for RPB?

To an extend...

Not that we would endorse it- but you will feel quite relaxed after taking in some of the stuff offered to you in the game. Getting the munchies too! (Just kidding- I don´t know what I am writing about)

Yes- the social structure is quite visible.

Yes but that doesn't answer my question. Weather there will be some fanatsy "recreative substances" or just plane old booze and tobacoo?;)

Booze for sure (what is this fixation with smoking and drinking in this thread anyway? ;-) ) and there will be "other stuff"...

Will there be a max capacity for atributes?(strenght,dexternity etc)

Depends on the balancing of the game- we are not there yet.

Don't know if this was asked before, but will there be incentives to re-visit places we've explored before? Something like adding new NPCs/items/quests/stuff to areas as the story progresses? I'd like this very much.

Yes- definetly.

Povilas
25.04.2008, 09:02
Ralf you missed one of mine questions I'll just repost it :
I wish to know weather in RPB one will be able to climb stuf like in Gothic 1,2

Ralf
25.04.2008, 09:08
Ralf you missed one of mine questions I'll just repost it :
I wish to know weather in RPB one will be able to climb stuf like in Gothic 1,2

Sorry. It´s not explicitly stated out yet, but I would not rule out climbing.
;-)

Powaz
25.04.2008, 10:29
Ralf
You said we will learn more about the backstory through dialogs and Legends.What about Bards singing them?Just an idea :D

Argenguy
25.04.2008, 10:46
Also, Ralf:
We saw that one of the easter eggs was a decree and a wanted note (the guy with an eyepatch). And my questions are:
1-Could the eyepatched guy be a little wink to Greg the pirate from Gothic II? ;)
2-We will see some news and wanted notes posted around the world of RPB? For example: news, wanted notes and job opportunities (quests) posted in the billboard of the local tavern like in The Witcher game?

Rethon
25.04.2008, 14:38
Ralf, thanks for your tireless efforts to answer our questions. §danke

To an extend...
I guess you mean extent (with a hard 't')? If so then I'm a happy guy, sometimes I like to be a thief (at least in games :D).

Sorry. It´s not explicitly stated out yet, but I would not rule out climbing
So there's still hope? Oh well, hope springs eternal... :)

TheDoctor
25.04.2008, 16:33
I wonder if I'm being ignored for some special reason. :(

Edit by Rashnu: Surely not! Please, noone should take it personally if the answer to one's question is missing, delayed, withheld etc.

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?p=6068580&#post6068580

Ralf
25.04.2008, 16:55
I wonder if I'm being ignored for some special reason. :(

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?p=6068580&#post6068580

No- I just have overlooked them . Can happen- but never on purpose

* What is your personal assessment on the development of RPB?

Actually it´s going better than I had a right to expect.

* Have you tried the gameplay-part out, and what did you think of it? Is it already finished and great, or still under heavy development?

Still under construction. Parts you can play- and they have the typical PB-Style of Dialogue.

* How do you think the final design will prove like - revolutionary, amazing, better than the Gothic series or just OK? Do you think it could become a cult game?

Just to get it right is hard enough. There will be new features- actually quite a few!
Revolutionary?...let´s wait and see...

* In what way should we be expecting E3 and GC this summer? What will be exposed about RPB? Any plans? Your personal thoughts? Do you look forward to this summer's conventions? What games, apart from your own, do you hope to see more of?

Perhaps Details, some Ingame footage maybe... it´s not decided yet.

* Do you think that RPB will be like a classic RPG (with wizards, dragons, magic everywhere etc - that kind of feeling, like Gothic 2 had) or something new, fresh? What would that new be, apart from the very interesting world- and culture-design?

If you liked G1 and 2 you will like this one quite a bit! To reveal more about the content just yet would get me fired- and we wouldn´t like that, would we?

* Are there any games in development that might compromize the release of RPB? For example, is Fallout 3, by Bethesda, a competitor to you?

No.

* And, have you had any ideas (or facts!) on a Collectors Edition, yet?

Yes- and we are collecting them here in the forum. If you have some: Please post them!

Rethon
25.04.2008, 17:20
Yes- and we are collecting them here in the forum. If you have some: Please post them!
Well, how about a USB stick in the form of the arm of that artwork (http://worldofpiranha.de/?section=gallery&detail=87)? On that USB stick we could store our game saves of RPB. :D

TheImmortalOne_1
25.04.2008, 17:46
will there be armor types like the paladins one(heavy metal armor) ao like the new camp's armor(whith fur and a little metal in the middle).I hope i will see heavy,impressive,scary metal armor like the paladin's elite armor.Or at least some cool armors that can be unlocked by some secret quests or hidden in some god-forsaken place

Please answer i need to know!!!!!!:(

Argenguy
25.04.2008, 17:47
Well, how about a USB stick in the form of the arm of that artwork (http://worldofpiranha.de/?section=gallery&detail=87)? On that USB stick we could store our game saves of RPB. :D
Che, good idea!
And Ralf? What about a medallion with the figure of one of the celtic-like wallpapers that you have issued at the beggining?
http://worldofpiranha.de/images/gallery/86.jpg
imagine this turned into a cool medallion or amulet.

TheDoctor
26.04.2008, 08:40
No- I just have overlooked them . Can happen- but never on purpose
I just though I posted to many questions at once. Oh well, nevermind. I guess I'm a crybaby at occasions. §cry ;)

* What is your personal assessment on the development of RPB?

Actually it´s going better than I had a right to expect.

* Have you tried the gameplay-part out, and what did you think of it? Is it already finished and great, or still under heavy development?

Still under construction. Parts you can play- and they have the typical PB-Style of Dialogue.

* How do you think the final design will prove like - revolutionary, amazing, better than the Gothic series or just OK? Do you think it could become a cult game?

Just to get it right is hard enough. There will be new features- actually quite a few!
Revolutionary?...let´s wait and see...

* In what way should we be expecting E3 and GC this summer? What will be exposed about RPB? Any plans? Your personal thoughts? Do you look forward to this summer's conventions? What games, apart from your own, do you hope to see more of?

Perhaps Details, some Ingame footage maybe... it´s not decided yet.

* Do you think that RPB will be like a classic RPG (with wizards, dragons, magic everywhere etc - that kind of feeling, like Gothic 2 had) or something new, fresh? What would that new be, apart from the very interesting world- and culture-design?

If you liked G1 and 2 you will like this one quite a bit! To reveal more about the content just yet would get me fired- and we wouldn´t like that, would we?

* Are there any games in development that might compromize the release of RPB? For example, is Fallout 3, by Bethesda, a competitor to you?

No.

* And, have you had any ideas (or facts!) on a Collectors Edition, yet?

Thanks a bunch! :gratz

Maelthra
26.04.2008, 13:00
Hi Ralf
Here are my questions:

In Gothic 1 and 2 the plot played much more important role in the game. In Gothic 3 the game was about making side quests only. How will it be in RPB?

In Gothic 1 nad 2 You wore your one-handed weapons on your belt and bows on Your shoulder. In Gothic 3 You wore everything on Your back. How will it be in RPB?

Maybe its not exactly about RPB but Im awfully curious about it. In Gothic 3 every heavy armor had a strage metal bar on its back. What was a purpose of it?
Thanks!

Povilas
26.04.2008, 19:34
I noticed that most of the questions we as Ralf is the kind of questions he cant answer so I thought to ask something different :

> Are any new interviews planed any time soon, maybe something for sites piranhas category (some photos with english coments perhaps), more tutorials if its not too much to ask ?

> What parts of game development are finished ; what are you guys working on now and what is still not even started but planed in futue?

Argenguy
27.04.2008, 15:36
Ralf:
Will you answer us any questions (at least one) today? :gratz

Powaz
27.04.2008, 16:18
Ralf:

I dont think.He has his free weekend why should he post here?He's also a human.

Ralf
28.04.2008, 11:20
Hi Ralf
Here are my questions:

Thanks!

Since we have a smaller area to deal with, the plot will be much denser. This way the main stroyline appears much stronger.
Yes- there will be shields!
At the moment: on the back. Let´s see if that decission remains final...

I noticed that most of the questions we as Ralf is the kind of questions he cant answer so I thought to ask something different :

> Are any new interviews planed any time soon, maybe something for sites piranhas category (some photos with english coments perhaps), more tutorials if its not too much to ask ?

> What parts of game development are finished ; what are you guys working on now and what is still not even started but planed in futue?

More tutorals are in the works- but since we are quite busy with the current milestone, it might take a week longer before we can continue them.
Interviews (at least longer ones with more important personel than yours truely) are likely to appear during the E3- and then a lot more prominently at the GC.

Ralf:

I sure do- but not sundays...

Argenguy
28.04.2008, 12:11
Ralf:
Ooops! Sorry!:o:p
Anyway, I think that the metal plate in the back of the heaviest armors in Gothic 3 is for gives the wearer an additional protection, specially against a backstab, by deflecting the blows.

Powaz
28.04.2008, 12:28
At the moment: on the back. Let´s see if that decission remains final...

Please tell me this isnt true....
No scabbards is okay but 1h weapons on the back again...Please no.

My question : are there 1h maces and 1h axes in RPB?

Argenguy
28.04.2008, 16:40
Ralf, About the characters:
1-I will want to know if will see some "comic relief", "funny" or "wacky" characters like Mud and Baal Netbeck from Gothic 1?
2-Will we see again that black sense of humor and sarcasm filled dialogs that characterized your games?
3-Are this questions too compromising for you?

Michael Rüve
28.04.2008, 16:53
1-I will want to know if will see some "comic relief", "funny" or "wacky" characters like Mud and Baal Netbeck from Gothic 1?
2-Will we see again that black sense of humor and sarcasm filled dialogs that characterized your games?

Considering that the same story and text authors that did all four Gothic parts are now writing the dialogues for RPB: this is very probable.

Argenguy
28.04.2008, 16:59
Considering that the same story and text authors that did all four Gothic parts are now writing the dialogues for RPB: this is very probable.
So, we will see black humor and loony-funny character again. Fine:gratz. Thanks 4 the answer Mr. Rüve.

Povilas
28.04.2008, 21:03
Have you already found that animator you were looking for?
Had anyone answerd to the job offer, if so than have someone past your test and became part of your team ( and if someone did than maby you could introduce him to us).

I'd love to apply for this job but I have to finish school and gain a little more experience with 3d art. Maby after 2 years we'll to talk about this :rolleyes: :D

How is everything going with RPB?
I hope the big catastrophe didin't occured yet. (:

Argenguy
29.04.2008, 23:27
The first wave of the catastrophe will occur when PB will release the first screenshots of the game. But of course, we will also have to wait until the E3 for that.

Ralf
30.04.2008, 07:14
3-Are this questions too compromising for you?

1) Yes- definetly.
2) I am pretty sure about it.
3) Naaa- if it gets too hot I´ll find a way around it.

Have you already found that animator you were looking for?
Had anyone answerd to the job offer, if so than have someone past your test and became part of your team ( and if someone did than maby you could introduce him to us).

I'd love to apply for this job but I have to finish school and gain a little more experience with 3d art. Maby after 2 years we'll to talk about this :rolleyes: :D

Nothing is decided yet- some very promising people send their stuff in, so we are meeting them.

No catastrophy yet. No sir.

Argenguy
30.04.2008, 07:56
Ralf, how the game map (playable area) will be? I mean:
1-Divided in 2, well in 3 (mainland, sea and the misterious island)?
2-Just the forbidden island and a series of smaller islands around it (archipielago)?
3-It's too early to answer that (and also too spoiling :D).
About the gossip:
1-Will our crimes be spread more easily?
2-Will the law be more rigorous?
3-Do you know any method to prevent hype on this game?:p

TheImmortalOne_1
30.04.2008, 12:50
Ralf, how the game map (playable area) will be? I mean:
1-Divided in 2, well in 3 (mainland, sea and the misterious island)?
2-Just the forbidden island and a series of smaller islands around it (archipielago)?
3-It's too early to answer that (and also too spoiling :D).
About the gossip:
1-Will our crimes be spread more easy?
2-Will the law be more rigorous?
3-Do you know any method to prevent hype on this game?:p

good qestions:gratz

Povilas
30.04.2008, 13:09
How do you write dialogs for RPB :
In German and English at the same time;
In German and then translate them to English? §wink

Ralf what should your posts titles like "So, you´re a clownfish...?" mean? (;

Rethon
30.04.2008, 13:43
These are all quotes from movies. I suppose that Ralf is a big movie fan, it seems that he has seen a lot of them. :)
So Ralf, are there any movies out there that you have not yet seen? :cool:

Michael Rüve
30.04.2008, 16:08

Like that.

Everything else would be next to useless (resulting in crap to be honest), since we do not employ any non German language native speakers here.

bat_boro
30.04.2008, 17:24
Yeah, the writting process to me is pretty interesting.
How do you come up with your stories?
Do you have special writters or all the pirahnas sit down and think of a story?

Povilas
30.04.2008, 17:32
It's nice to see someone else also taking a part in answering the questions,
good job mr.RÜVE.
And who is transalating dialogs to english?

Michael Rüve
30.04.2008, 18:36

Dialogues are made essentially by four piranhas (in alphabetic order):
Björn, Mattias, Mike, Stefan.

Michael Rüve
30.04.2008, 18:40
And who is transalating dialogs to english?

External (professional, hired) translator(s). For all different languages of course.

We do have a look at the English version (Not the others, since we do not speak any other language good enough. I could in fact take a Polish version home, but then my g/f is not into computer games) - but usually the strict time frame does not allow any major changes from our side.

Povilas
30.04.2008, 19:06
Wow you guys seem to be prity strict germans in every way so: 1)why your games aren't about medieval germany? You have wonderful history why not to us it?
PS: Ralf and you(Michael) seem to speak english quite well so 2)have you hired a profesional for gothic 1 or tried it all by yourself( if I had small computer game making company as you were when you developed gothic 1 I would try to translate it in house).
PSS:3) What about voice actors: how do you choose them for each language?

Hirikan
30.04.2008, 21:17
Because that would be boring :) Every piece pf history if great, but medieval europe has been done to almost death in recent years, i guess PB do actually make games with German history influences, but its the Fantasy elements that make it what it is, RPG's based too much on real life are very boring.

Zocky
30.04.2008, 22:26
povilas, because this is FANTASY game, so making FANTASY location is the only logical way :P
Well, I know I myself wouldn't really like to have real-world landscapes, that would be boring.

Povilas
30.04.2008, 22:30
Probably you are right but I can't recall an RPG that would be strict historical without any magic and recreating real historical places, times and maby even events.
Something like riding on a horse through Bavarian alps, serving Holy Roman Empire's Emperor.:)

Vedzitux
30.04.2008, 23:11
This thread is awesome, Ralph, you're the man ;) Me and my pals are wondering how the a new game from Piranha Bytes will be like, I've guess we found a place where to read many cool stuff about the new game ;)

Zocky
01.05.2008, 00:45
Povilas, well, I'm kind of person that likes to see something new. I know enough about roman, about medieval ages, etc. I know a lot about that, so it wouldn't be much fun playin something you already know.
The fun part with gothic 1, is, that it had completly "made up" landscape, so you really didn't know what to expect, and you had lots of space to explore. That is what i like. It's a bit hard to explain, actually, but i prefer game that doesn't copies real world, but rether try to make something unseen.
I like when for example when I first saw sect lunatics (:D) in g1, you didn't really see those in other games, I would ask myself, what can I expect from them? what kind of people are they? This all creates somewhat misterious atmosphere in the game.
Now, if we had romans in gothic, I wouldn't find them that much intresting, because we pretty much know what kind of people they are, so there would be that misterious feeling around them.
So that's why I hope rpb will try too add unique stuff, that would add to this misterious athmosphere.

If I was able to make my own version of RPB game, like gothic, i'd probably create completly defrent races, completly defrent enviroment (somewhat alien if you will)....yet it would still have a feeling of the acient worlds. It would defenetly look a lot unique, because this is what I like the most.
Gothic was in a way unique too. As i see, RPB will have even more defrent/unique world then other games, and i really, really apriciate this. There are already many tipical fantasy rpg games with elfs, orcs, dwarfs, paladins......this is all nice and cool, but instead of making yet another tipical fantasy game, rpb will (i hope so) have defrent feeling to it, and that's what I think will be verry important.
Well, i'm complecating too much right now (well, it's 2.am almost :D).
What I would like to ask PB is, though, that i would really like if RPB could be a bit more defrent then tipical fantasy game. Meaning having more unique monsters, civilizations, camps or whatever they will have, more unique enviroment (which PB proved to be fantastic at), etc.

TheImmortalOne_1
01.05.2008, 05:50
will there be mountains and if they are will highter altitudes bring snow?

Povilas
01.05.2008, 07:01
Zocky I 100% agree with the fact that Pb makes fantasy games better than any thing else,
but in particular whay they are balancing between fantasy and reality in gothic series.
Nevertheless (I repeat my self) stricly historical RPG would be something absolutely new (as much as I know) and PB is good at new stuf (as I imagine).:)
PS: As much as I know people of HOLY Roman Empire were no romans, they were germans.;)
PSS: Are you guys in PB working during the international labor day?
PSSS: Which program does Kai Rosenkranz use for composing music of RPB or he rites notes on paper ;D ?
PSSSS: This post is a total mess.

Hirikan
01.05.2008, 21:02
^^ hehe.
This conversation could lead anywhere, maybe we should make a "what if?" english thread. ;)

I believe all things from the human brain stem from some sort of history or reality, well infact its the treuth no matter how you look at it, but im a massive PB fan and if they were to make a historic game then i would play it, but you say strictly historic would be new game, new does not define a good game, look at world of warcraft
"diclamer: I am not a world of warcraft ••••••, neither do i support Blizzard, dont flame me, plz"

Its a game where its very basic, has nothing new, or had nothing new at release and sold millions of copies, where as if you check these "new" and "next gen" mmo's they have alot of new features yet its the basic things in a game that we want.

Im a little Hi so i dont really know where i was going with this...:gratz

Povilas
01.05.2008, 21:17
Yeah I know what it mean's then you are talking about something but you are not sure what.:D

Michael Rüve
02.05.2008, 08:44
PS: As much as I know people of HOLY Roman Empire were no romans, they were germans.;)

Right. Although the empire also includes the area around Rome, the Roman empire as we mean it had long ceased to exist.

PSS: Are you guys in PB working during the international labor day?

No. That's a holiday just as Easter, Christmas and national holiday for example are.

Argenguy
02.05.2008, 16:37
Because that would be boring :) Every piece pf history if great, but medieval europe has been done to almost death in recent years, i guess PB do actually make games with German history influences, but its the Fantasy elements that make it what it is, RPG's based too much on real life are very boring.
And that's why exsist the RTS genre, with games like Age of Empires.
Also, I have a good question:
One thing that I've missed from G3 is doors, yeah I didn't see any door in that game, and in G1-2 not all the buildings have doors. The question is: We will see more doors in RPB's buildings?
I would like that most of the building will have a doors to prevent thief enter to them and rob personal belongings as we did in G1-2-3 to the NPCs.
Also: will the NPCs will warn us everytime we enter to their houses like in G1-2 they did?

TheDoctor
03.05.2008, 10:06
PSSS: Which program does Kai Rosenkranz use for composing music of RPB or he rites notes on paper ;D ?

I'd like an answer to this question, too.

What program, what synth and which Digital Instruments (VST) are Kai using?

Michael Rüve
03.05.2008, 13:10
I'd like an answer to this question, too.

What program, what synth and which Digital Instruments (VST) are Kai using?
To be honest, I don't really know that completely.
Several different programs, "Halion" and "Wavelab" among them that much I know.
Then of course more than one library containing samples and sounds.

paulcmnt
04.05.2008, 15:58
Out of curiosity: you said that in RPB the player will also hold his weapons on the back, like in G3. I'm neutral to ths, I'm just curios if there is any particular reason why you chose this way.

Povilas
04.05.2008, 20:31
How many textures approximately do you use for a single game(RPB)? If it's not too early to imagine that :D

Powaz
04.05.2008, 21:17
Hello!
Will we see 1-handed axes and maces again in RPB?

RobinSword
05.05.2008, 09:54
I could in fact take a Polish version home, but then my g/f is not into computer games) - but usually the strict time frame does not allow any major changes from our side.
I did this! Got the Polish version of Gothic 2 and showed it to my darling who knows Polish (Michael: Willkommen im Club!) and fortunately she loves the Gothic series. :)
So I can say: The Polish speakers are really great! Sometimes they sound even better (harsher, rougher) than the German ones who are also really good speakers! Just go to Lobart's farm and speak to the people around there!!

Ralf
05.05.2008, 11:26
good qestions:gratz

Yes- but also too specific, so I can´t really answer them yet. For more detailed information you will need to be a bit more patient just a little bit longer. Sorry.

How do you write dialogs for RPB :
In German and English at the same time;

First german- then, later on, the get translated by specialized teams.

Yeah, the writting process to me is pretty interesting.
How do you come up with your stories?
We are planung a diary to post here in the WOP about the work of our writers- but at the moment, they are too busy because for the next milestone.

Hello!
Will we see 1-handed axes and maces again in RPB?

Yes- there is a good chance you´ll see both.

Here are some questions send to me via private message- but since they are in regard to my job, I´ll post them here as well:

Hello, Ralf.

Can you give some general tips about concepting the locations; in other words: "How do you create locations?"

Starting from scratch with a little part of location, or at first thinking out a whole "world"?

I'm tired of bringing things together

First, please make sure you ahve all the specific requirements on the location from your gamedesigners. All your effort will be in vain if your stuff doesnt work with their ideas. Next ist to block out the bigger geometry in the image (Floor, sky, rocks, etc.) I allways try to get as much reference in terms of paintings and photographs before I speak with the gamedesigners, so we are on the same level and atmosphere. Then I just start painting loosely- see where it takes me...

When I paint a picture — I start with thumbnail sketches, I seek for composition, forms; I can do variations, I can play. When I create concept the idea is the whole point. In this regard I feel bounded — if I start to change the image too much I will lose the idea... That's the problem.

At first I'm scetching the whole area (the "world") and then break it up to the logical pieces. Maybe I should call them "locations" or "zones". And after that I do some drawings of key objects in this locations.

Well... After I worked out the each location — the picture of whole area changes... How do I bring it all together?
If I will now redraw the world concept — I'll lose my initial view of the area, lose the core ..or should I?

How do you handle all of this?

Sometimes it helps to just take your miniature, rezize it and fill in the missing details. But other than that, I am not sure what I can recommend something without seeing images to analyse what went wrong...

Argenguy
05.05.2008, 12:23
@Ralf: What about doors then?
Gothic 3 doesn't have any door and G1-2 have very few. So, We will se more doors on entrances? I don't see too much compromise in answer this.:dnuhr:

[>Silverback<]
05.05.2008, 12:31
[...] What about doors then?
Gothic 3 doesn't have any door [...]

Hey!
Geldern got at least one door and Trelis too.
§wink

Argenguy
05.05.2008, 12:34
Ah yes, I remember now, but still, only 2 or 3 doors in a game is almost nothing. :o

Powaz
05.05.2008, 12:35
Thanks Ralf!I got another question:
You said that in RPB we will see dual-wield and shields.But what about fighting with only one 1-handed weapon?Will we get some bonus for that like faster blocking or something like that?

Argenguy
05.05.2008, 12:43
@Powaz. I think that he probably will tell you: "It's too early to answer that". BUt I hope that he will give you a positive answer.

Vontrippen
05.05.2008, 14:16
Some one can translate this:- Es wird Itemsets geben, die, wenn sie vollständig sind, dem Spieler bestimmte Vorteile oder Boni bringen??

RobinSword
05.05.2008, 14:23
Translation:
- There will be item sets available that provide vantages or incentives to the user when they are complete (i.e. when the player possesses all parts of the item set)

Povilas
05.05.2008, 15:06
I hope it won't be like in most rpg's: armors won't be in separate peaces. Because full armors look much better, it's more realistic and something unique.
But as I understand there will be separate armor peaces. Did I understud it right?
But this: "There will be item sets available that provide vantages or incentives to the user when they are complete (i.e. when the player possesses all parts of the item set)" will compensate every thing( I hope ).

Powaz
05.05.2008, 15:16
I hope it won't be like in most rpg's: armors won't be in separate peaces. Because full armors look much better, it's more realistic and something unique.
But as I understand there will be separate armor peaces. Did I understud it right?
But this: "There will be item sets available that provide vantages or incentives to the user when they are complete (i.e. when the player possesses all parts of the item set)" will compensate every thing( I hope ).

Well no as I remember Ralf once said there will be 1 piece armor.Maybe the helm will be a separate piece.And as you remember there were sets in Gothic 2 NotR.Belts and jewelery sets.So I think it will be something like that too.