PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Christmas Interview 2007

Rashnu
21.12.2007, 11:49
Again this year we are happy to present you the now traditional Christmas Interview (http://www.worldofpiranhabytes.de/?section=article&id=17) with the Piranhas. This time, Mike Hoge answers meditate's questions regarding the current state of the game, the storywriting process and many other aspects of developing the new PB project.

At the moment, the interview hasn't been translated in English yet. Perhaps you find it within you to help making it available for our English readers. You can contribute even by interpreting small parts of it. Who knows, in the end we might be able to put an English version on our newssite. :)

Update: the link now contains the English version (not approved by PB).

Happy Christmas to you all! §wink

Leviticus
21.12.2007, 11:53
Hello Mike, nice that you have taken time for us. We have a lot of questions.
1. Can you introduce the assistants of the single teams, who works at the game? Who is responsible for what?

We had a category "Assistants" on our homepage. Cause we`ll go online with a new page, I would like to adjourn the anwser of the question. So far, some Primal-Piranhas still work here. :)

2. How do you create your work, can you tell me something about your typical workday and his composition?

We showed through features like "One day at the Piranhas" some insight details of our chaos. I think, that we will release in future something like this.

3. Did you change some parts of your work totally? I mean , how do you save the quality?

We concentrate to finish the important gamesystems (for examble the fight) at first. Even the biggest innovations (for examble better brainteasers and traps) should get completed at first. Through this prototyping phases the game takes more time to get created, but it forces up the quality of the game appreciable. For examble the fight is practically finished and it's an good assortment of the good experience we made in this section.

4. How far throve the nameles project , can you tell me how far the game comes along?

Like we said, there is the fight system, but we made big proceedings in the section Gameworld. A completely walkable world inklusive cities,farms, caves and so on still exist. Of course everything isn`t completly texturize and filled with objects, but we can get a good impression how the world will look like. In the section figures we made a jump ahead, I think. We take a lot of time for the monsters. Until the end of january the design phase goes on, in which we collect our ideas.

5. You identified your mistakes in Gothic 3. One reason for the big mass of bugs was that, that you assemblied the things to late and the single teams worked rather alone. How is it now?

It was important important for us in the planing phase, that we put the single systems as soon as posible working. So we don't work on to much things parallel. We prefere to finish a system before we start to create another one. Thereby we all work narrower together.

6. One question to the history in your game. The main point of criticism was the story in Gothic 3. There wasn't an exciting story. How do you assure, that the story will be much better than in Gothic 3? Do you got a storywritter? Maybe an autor?

We don't have just one, we have many storywritters. But none of them wrote a book.:D I think this is not so important. For examble in Gothic 1 nobody criticised the story, and we didn't got a professional autor. What I think what is more important: At the beginning of the project we set us the target to create a plausible and detailed world. And that was the reason why we had decided us against a big world.(but even in our new project you can lose your way) The new worlds is very detailed elaborated and there is so much to see and do. I think, it's not important how big the world is. It is important how much time and fun you spend there. To revert to a place where you've been before and find something that you didn't find before. That was the reason why we had decided us against a world big.

7. What's about the old Gothic typical monsters? Will we meet orcs, goblins, monitors... in your new game? Or will you go new paths?

I've said something to the monster design before. Of course we'll create "normal" monsters like wolfs. Certainly we will show you in the next months some monster designs. But the biggest part we'll hide for you. So you are surprised when you see them.

8.The Witcher made some furore in positiv form. Above all the media and players lauded the story and the embedding into the quests. Will your game keep up with the Witcher? The idea of the copula was an great one. But the following games didn't got a story good as like in Gothic 1.

That's my opinion too. Gothic 1 had the best story of all the Gothic games. I like the story of Gothic 2 too (above all the connection with the add-on), but you shouldn't forget that we had 3 years time to create the story in Gothic 1. In Gothic 2 just 4 weeks. However, we let us a lot of time to create the story for RPB. So we have a story with (hopefully) unexpectet turnarounds

9. Another question which has something common with The Witcher. There is a capacity diversity deployment to the story. In a way, how you decide in the beginning of the game. Is there an option like this in RPB too?

I didn't have the chance to play The Witcher for myself. (but I'll do that in my holidays) So I cannot tell you something about the quest-composition. But I can tell you something about our project: Replaying will be worthy. (see next question :D)

10. Will there be guilds? The good quantity of guilds in Gothic 1 was a great feature. That's one of the reasons which conduct to a great community like this one. Will you continue this mind?

In RPB will be a lot of guilds which you can add. And the guilds don't like each other. :D If you add one guild, you can make exclusiv quest. Also there are places which you cannot enter (maybe later), if you add the wrong guild. At this places are exclusiv dialogs and quests.

11. What is planed with the music? The music in Gothic 3 was wonderful. Everybody lauded it. Media and fans. How will it be this time? Can we get a taste of the music?

Be surprised. (Christmas is near):D

12. A question to the graphic engine: Will you create an new one, or do you use an licensed engine?

Part-Part. Specific systems are licensed. But I would like to wait before I tell you details of the enginge. That's the reason why I didn't said something to the question "How fare are you?"

13. How is the co-operation between Piranha-Bytes and your new puplisher Deep Silver?

So far everything is good. We were able to surprise our Publisher at the start of december with a milestone, which excelled the expectations. (We are father with the creating of the game as we had planed.) That makes us glad and we can go with a good feeling into the holidays.

14. We heard that you create RPB for the console too. Isn't that a betrayal to the pc gamers?

No. We'd planed a pc game and we will create a pc game. I have no objection against a console version, if we work hard on it. But we will not create both versions at the same time. That's a no go!

15. Which consoles?

;) We'll see...:D

16. What do you think of mobile games? A mobile game of Gothic is still in planing. Can you imagine to do something like this?

Of course we can. But we don't plan to do something like this. We concentrate us on our project.

The translation is ready.

Bamfy
21.12.2007, 12:32
pls,do continue :)

Leviticus
21.12.2007, 13:24
pls,do continue :)

Ok, I finished all question until question 12.

TheDoctor
21.12.2007, 13:41
I want to die. I am so hyped.

Leviticus
21.12.2007, 14:28
So, I've translated the hole interview in English. I`m so tired and need to get away of the pc. :D

Happy holidays to you all.;)

Rethon
21.12.2007, 14:35
I want to die. I am so hyped.
Yep, too much of hype can pose a lethal threat to your health! :D
To me, this interview with Mike is pretty intriguing, actually I'm quite amused. ^2^
I just hope that the piranhas will have enough time to polish the game.
@Leviticus
Thanks for the translation (even though I didn't need it ^^)

Bamfy
21.12.2007, 15:33
many thanks leviticus!:)

nice interview!

But the biggest part you we'll hide for you. So you are surprised when you see them.

I really can`t wait :D

kthy0056
21.12.2007, 15:48
thank you levicus.I like that we will see guilds.

Lazor
21.12.2007, 16:00
Thanks a lot!! I can't wait :D

Alex1186
21.12.2007, 18:17
Nice. I really can't wait for this game. Thanks for the translation Leviticus.

Leviticus
21.12.2007, 19:36
many thanks leviticus!:)

nice interview!

I really can`t wait :D

Thank you! I found another mistake. :D

@Rashnu: Is the translation good enough to get on the newspage?^^

eXecutioner
21.12.2007, 20:43
IMHO, the translation is mostly ok. It still has flaws but think of it as an uncut gem. If Rashnu, or some other person takes time to correct them it will look like a gem indeed.

Good job! And Merry Christmas to you too!

Alex1186
22.12.2007, 06:44
IMHO, the translation is mostly ok. It still has flaws but think of it as an uncut gem. If Rashnu, or some other person takes time to correct them it will look like a gem indeed.

The translation is good but it will never make Translation of the Year. It's like the Gothic 3 of translations, 'nuff said.

rotator
22.12.2007, 10:06
Thanks for the translation, there are issues here and there with some missing stuff, but mostly it covered the original ok!

TheDoctor
22.12.2007, 11:01
I object against handy-/mobilegames.

Vojtzech
22.12.2007, 13:13
Thx for translation. I like PB project more and more, i can't wait for release...:)

Jammer
22.12.2007, 14:03
still so mysterious...

TheDoctor
22.12.2007, 14:53
The word? Yeah, it should be made "mobile games".;)

Damn you, this is the second time you correct me.

Diego: 2.

Rashnu
23.12.2007, 15:13
Alright folks, the Christmas interview has now been added to the newspage (http://www.worldofpiranhabytes.de/?section=newsdetail&id=46). Enjoy it.

Many thanks to those who offered the users an early draft of the translation. It was much appreciated. :gratz

Happy Christmas! §wink

menicus_825
24.12.2007, 22:36
Greetings!:)THANK you very much Leviticus for your excellent translation.:):gratzI'm so excited after reading it!:):)Get some good rest, and Merry Christmas!

Best Wishes,

Menicus_825.

Alex1186
25.12.2007, 03:11
Once again, I am very excited to hear about this game. The cool thing is, I am actually patient and willing to allow PB to take their time on this one so they can design the greatest game possible.

who knows? With my new rig, and the 1.6 patch coming out, I might get a fresh and enjoyable complete playthrough of Gothic 3. Something to hold me off. ;)