PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : List of Confirmed Game Features

TheDoctor
07.10.2007, 14:55
Is there a translation for this this factlist (http://worldofpiranha.de/?section=article&id=11)?

And if there's no translation, please, translate it here.

Rock and Troll
07.10.2007, 16:33
This is a translation of this (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=252905) german list.
I will try to actualize this list everytime a new fact is listed in the german one. (Forgive me if it takes a while sometimes and please forgive me my bad english, I just wanna help)

There is some new information, marked with "*New*"

Common Things
- The game becomes not a new Gothic-Game and it will not be a remake of Gothic 1
- The game will be a typical “PB – Game”
- The game is only built for PC, a console-version is not in work
- The game will be a singleplayer – title

The World
- The game will take place in a fantasy-world, with RPG-typical monsters, magicians, alchemists, blacksmiths, hunters and warriors
- The world will be as big as in G1 or G2, in every case smaller than G3
- There will be different vegetation- zones and a dynamic weather- and day/night – change system
- There will not be Loading screens while traveling through the world
- The atmosphere will be a bit more dark
- There will be more interesting dungeons again
- There will be different Cities and Camps
- The landscape will be designed very realistic again
- The game will have a big and free play-area
- There will be a volcano-island, called “The forbidden Island”
- There will be different kinds of terrain. (sands, swamps, mountains and story - relevant underground areas)*New*

Story
- The Gods left the world and the player will be confronted with a new power
- One of the aims in the game is to get to the Forbidden Island
- There are going on strange things on the Island, which are producing Fear
- There is one group, who wants to research this things, that’s the Inquisition

Gameplay
- The Story will be splitted in chapters
- You have to reach a chapter sometimes before you can explore an area
- There will be more riddles again
- There will be shields
- There will be capes, visible on the characters
- Fighting with Staffs is planned
- The game will be more focussed on dialogs again
- By riddles, there will be traps and secret passages
- There will be the possibility to fight with 2 weapons
- There will be rune-magic
- There will be some food again, which is increasing some attributes if you eat much of it (like the apple in G2)
- The experience-system will be like the one aus G1 and G2, you get Lp and Hp for every level-up
- There will be guilds or something like that
- There will be very much different weapons and spells. Some of them will be very specific
- The armorys will be like in G1 and G2

Figures
- There will be no figures known from Gothic, a copyright- problem
- There will be a before-defined hero, no character-generating at the beginning of the game
- There will be more females than in G3, and they will have a more complex personality
- The Npcs will be more intelligent and their dialogs are now more complex
- There will not be orks, elves or dwarfs
- There will be worm-like creatures *New*

Technical Things
- A new graphic- engine is used, most of it is produced from PB, some parts are licensed
- Everything is modeled in hand-work, items and the things found in chests will be made also in hand-work
- All animations are made new
- The graphic becomes better because of Paralex – and Normalmapping, also because of Specular-maps
- The Poly-max for an armory is at 6000 Polys
- The programs 3dsMax, Photoshop and Zbrush are used
- Speedtree is used to generate trees

Other Stuff
- There will be a demo version
- The game will be released in German and English
- The game will not be released in 2007

thx to RobinSword, the creator of the german original

TheDoctor
07.10.2007, 16:52
Deeply appreciated. Thanks.

Rusty_Sword
07.10.2007, 18:25
looks promising:)

Lazor
07.10.2007, 18:58
Thanks a lot Natsirt, very interesting list

Demonium
08.10.2007, 08:06
Ths story says that the gods abandoned the world and there is new power, forbidden island (Unknown lands)...

It reminds me the story after G3. As Ralf said, they intended to use this story for the expansion of G3.

Anyways...nice infos. I wonder how it will be with ought Orcs and dragons...:(

TheDoctor
08.10.2007, 08:14
Anyways...nice infos. I wonder how it will be with ought Orcs and dragons...:(
I like it. I would rather like to see humans and different factions fight against eachother, á la Old Camp vs New Camp, rather than the stereotypical and now-a-bit-boring Orcs vs. Humans fashion. I'd like to see less typical fantasy and more realistic, human struggle for survival. Just replay Gothic 1 to get the picture. ;)

Takuu
08.10.2007, 11:32
I found this one http://hra.gothicz.net/index.php?document=souhrnneinfo&lang=en

Rock and Troll
13.10.2007, 13:16
I found this one http://hra.gothicz.net/index.php?document=souhrnneinfo&lang=en

Looks like a translation of an older Version from the German list, but the authors English is better than mine :D

DeadlyArrow
13.10.2007, 15:00
I like it. I would rather like to see humans and different factions fight against eachother, á la Old Camp vs New Camp, rather than the stereotypical and now-a-bit-boring Orcs vs. Humans fashion. I'd like to see less typical fantasy and more realistic, human struggle for survival. Just replay Gothic 1 to get the picture. ;)

Agree. I think, it's good that we won't have orcs or elves, they are in many rpgs and it's getting quite boring.

Powaz
13.10.2007, 15:58
I like it too. The strongest Gothic 1 point was that in the game there were no dragons.They are boring :rolleyes:

Takuu
13.10.2007, 20:18
Maybe they are keeping the dragons for the RPB 2...:p
Personally, i love dragons and i was so exited on the start on Gothic 2! When the 2 chapter began, there was a move from the dragons, and they where flying and i was exited more until i meet them. They was completely joke!
So i like the idea of dragons, but not like in G2

And yes, the orcs are kinda boring.. Human vs. human thats awesome §keks

Sorry for the double post

- There wont be Loading screens while traveling through the world

I personally dont like this, cuz i think that the main loading will be big like hell! (remember G3? )

Generate trees? Can someone explain to me what is this? Growing trees?

Takuu
13.10.2007, 21:06
Need anything else to understand?
Ups, i forgot about that thing §kratz
But still, world with size of G2 and 1 loading will be big.. Only 1 thing i loved in Oblivion is very quick load.

Lazor
13.10.2007, 22:02
Generate trees? Can someone explain to me what is this? Growing trees?

Speedtree is a program which generates trees for the game as we said. In other words, PB will buy that program and have access to a great database from a variety of trees models, grass etc. They used the same on G3. Don't tell me that you didn't loved the trees in that game! Every developement team that "respects itself" use speedtree for the tree modelsn ;)

Takuu
13.10.2007, 22:17
Speedtree is a program which generates trees for the game as we said. In other words, PB will buy that program and have access to a great database from a variety of trees models, grass etc. They used the same on G3. Don't tell me that you didn't loved the trees in that game! Every developement team that "respects itself" use speedtree for the tree modelsn ;)

That awesome! Thx. Lazor for the info!§wink

WernerTWC
13.10.2007, 23:03
Every developement team that "respects itself" use speedtree for the tree modelsn ;)
And imho there is the problem, trees in RPGs usually make a big part of what you see, ... Speedtrees looking imho kinda all somehow similar, ... so you have that "speetree-look" (especially the leafs) in many RPGs, which is imho boring, i would wish to see other systems, ... but since speedtree is quality- and performance- wise on top i don't see there will be other systems soon, sadly.

KingOvi
14.10.2007, 14:24
Looks Promising, I'm looking forward to this one :D
Thanks for the translation.

Khamir al-Sheid
14.10.2007, 21:22
No problem; we will help you to understand and get the facts (my helping section is the Bug-Me-Thread :D) of the new RPB as far as we can; we don't want to mob our "Not-German-Understanding" friends :D:D:D

Rock and Troll
26.10.2007, 16:05
List-Update

Common Things
- The game becomes not a new Gothic-Game and it will not be a remake of Gothic 1
- The game will be a typical “PB – Game”
- The game is only built for PC, a console-version is not in work
- The game will be a singleplayer – title

The World
- The game will take place in a fantasy-world, with RPG-typical monsters, magicians, alchemists, blacksmiths, hunters and warriors
- The world will be as big as in G1 or G2, in every case smaller than G3
- There will be different vegetation- zones and a dynamic weather- and day/night – change system
- There will not be Loading screens while traveling through the world
- The atmosphere will be a bit more dark
- There will be more interesting dungeons again
- There will be different Cities and Camps
- The landscape will be designed very realistic again
- The game will have a big and free play-area
- There will be a volcano-island, called “The forbidden Island”
- There will be different kinds of terrain. (sands, swamps, mountains and story - relevant underground areas)*New*

Story
- The Gods left the world and the player will be confronted with a new power
- One of the aims in the game is to get to the Forbidden Island
- There are going on strange things on the Island, which are producing Fear
- There is one group, who wants to research this things, that’s the Inquisition

Gameplay
- The Story will be splitted in chapters
- You have to reach a chapter sometimes before you can explore an area
- There will be more riddles again
- There will be shields
- There will be capes, visible on the characters
- Fighting with Staffs is planned
- The game will be more focussed on dialogs again
- By riddles, there will be traps and secret passages
- There will be the possibility to fight with 2 weapons
- There will be rune-magic
- There will be some food again, which is increasing some attributes if you eat much of it (like the apple in G2)
- The experience-system will be like the one aus G1 and G2, you get Lp and Hp for every level-up
- There will be guilds or something like that
- There will be very much different weapons and spells. Some of them will be very specific
- The armorys will be like in G1 and G2

Figures
- There will be no figures known from Gothic, a copyright- problem
- There will be a before-defined hero, no character-generating at the beginning of the game
- There will be more females than in G3, and they will have a more complex personality
- The Npcs will be more intelligent and their dialogs are now more complex
- There will not be orks, elves or dwarfs
- There will be worm-like creatures *New*

Technical Things
- A new graphic- engine is used, most of it is produced from PB, some parts are licensed
- Everything is modeled in hand-work, items and the things found in chests will be made also in hand-work
- All animations are made new
- The graphic becomes better because of Paralex – and Normalmapping, also because of Specular-maps
- The Poly-max for an armory is at 6000 Polys
- The programs 3dsMax, Photoshop and Zbrush are used

Other Stuff
- There will be a demo version
- The game will be released in German and English
- The game will not be released in 2007

Rashnu
26.10.2007, 16:55
I merged the two threads.

@Natsirt: It may be best if you maintain this list via your first posting in this thread (it's #2).

Thanks for you work and please keep it up. :)

mkreku
30.10.2007, 11:26

Aww, this is not good news to me! I, too, think the trees in Gothic 3 look lovely. But that's also all they do: look good! SpeedTree trees lack personality and function! The trees in Gothic 2 may not have been as pretty to look at but you could climb their branches and they felt more "real" than the SpeedTree ones. I particularly hated how tree branches in Gothic 3 seemed to not exist. You could walk right through them as if they were not there.

Demonium
30.10.2007, 11:33
Aww, this is not good news to me! I, too, think the trees in Gothic 3 look lovely. But that's also all they do: look good! SpeedTree trees lack personality and function! The trees in Gothic 2 may not have been as pretty to look at but you could climb their branches and they felt more "real" than the SpeedTree ones. I particularly hated how tree branches in Gothic 3 seemed to not exist. You could walk right through them as if they were not there.

Well thats the point...PB should add into their new game some next generation physics...So that the branches and the leaves will bend...;)

Kein
30.10.2007, 19:20
Hey, guys, you're miss the thread.
It is a "List of Confirmed Game Features" (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?p=4721357#post4721357) for english speaking visitors.

All suggestions is here: "Suggestion for PB" (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=292096)

Please, do not spam here.

flamezlord
08.11.2007, 00:30
The story sounds promising, if i saw it on the blurb of a book, i'd definitely buy it. So gameplay is the only issue in my mind. If they're testing more, then i think pb's new game will turn out to be great. However, they haven't said much about differences in character building after starting the game apart from rune magic and earning lp... i should ask ralf about this in the bug me thread. They did say their would be guilds, but something like that? these "guilds" could be anything, then, couldn't they?

Edit by Rashnu: I searched your posting but couldn't find any new confirmed facts for the RPB project in it. Next time, I might delete postings besides the point of the thread at my pleasure.

Rashnu
12.11.2007, 14:37
I searched your posting but couldn't find any new confirmed facts for the RPB project in it. Next time, I might delete postings besides the point of the thread at my pleasure.

I just deleted two comments because they added no new comfirmed game features to the list. This thread should help you getting an easy overview of what Ralf already answered in the various other parts of the forum about the RPB project.

If you just want to comment on the new game, please place your opinions in other more appropriate threads instead.

TheDoctor
19.12.2007, 16:28
Any news?

Godcrusher
20.12.2007, 15:15
Ohh man i cant wait to get my hands on this game