PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : What is Neverwinter Nights?

Pontifex Maximus
23.11.2006, 18:45
hi. I'm an user from World of Gothic and I'm curious to find out what is Neverwinter Nights? Is it a RPG in the Gothic style?

hello ;=)

Neverwinter Nights is a RPG, but not exactly like Gothic or Oblivion. Its based on the dungeons and Dragons rules( maybe you know them from Pen and Paper)
Also you play in NWN2 with 4 characters....

have to stop, meal s ready, maybe somebody can continue

Alleander
24.11.2006, 02:30
I have not played Gothic.

Neverwinternights 2 is a very story driven RPG. You play in a party with up to 4 members and there are many ingame cutscences used for storytelling.

Also in many cutscences you have the ability to make multiple choices to react according to a special situation. Even your party member have their own oppionon and if you decide against theirs you will lose "influence" to the matching member.

Depending on your decisions you can become an evil,neutral oder good Character.
The areas are concepted as modules. Forexample in one village there will be an border you cannot cross over. In this case you have to select the exit that is marked as a waypoint to leave a region and to join a new one.
Even your liberty to move around in natural environment is sometimes very small. Littlie hills canot be climbed cause the designers painted there a blocking texture (which looks like a rocktexture).

I have to say i īlike Neverwinter Nights 2. The main reason for good RPG ist given : develop your character in the way she/he behaves to each others (and not only new weapons new attriubutes like in Diablo or any hacknyslay games that are often marked as "Rpg" although theyre not ).

The graphic looks really good, even the special effects of your magic spells are pretty.
You can play in a top-down perspective like a strategy game or decide to play in a 3rd person view like World of Warcraft.

However you need good hardwar to play that game in higher detail levels. to play in medium details (everthing ist high but shadows and waterreflection)
youll need something aboaut a 3200+ Ahlton64 and a mid-highend graphic card.

The main reason for many players is not only the game itself. Obsidian put a toolset into the game that allows you to create your own world with your own story - even for multiplayer onlinegaming.

In NWN1 that toolset was already included and now the game has a raising mod communtiy that keeps the game interessting.

so far :)

greets from germany

Konstantin

go to nwn2forum2.bioware.com/forums/index.html

for the manufacture's forum (in english).

niake
27.11.2006, 07:53
I guarantee you you'll love it.....NOT
G1, G2 plus AddOn is okay, G3 is crap.....uhm...a Diablo-Oblivione-clone.