PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : GRM and other mods

ThielHater
14.03.2017, 19:21
In this thread you can discuss about the GRM and it's relation to other mods. These are typical questions and their answers:

Q1: Will GRM contain feature X from mod Y?
A1: In most cases we haven't even thought about it. Our goal is to develop or own mod, we don't intend to adopt tons of features from others. However, feel free to make suggestions.

Q2: I like your awesome graphics and I would like to play mod Z, but you can only run one mod at once!
A2: In future GRM should be installable as a patch, but this may come with a trade-off.

Q3: Will the GRM fix script related bugs?
A3: No, this mod is graphical and language neutral.

Q4: Do you intend to make some sort of "Ultimate Gothic Mod"?
A4: Yes, personally I would like to translate "Die Welt der Verurteilten" to English and fuse it with the GRM. However, this is a lot of work and I don't know if I will find time to for that.

Primevals
14.03.2017, 19:40
Man with this mod, would had been great if someone would release a mod with all the content that is missing from gothic 1 original, like those thugs from the mountains, old mine, etc. :D

Marek33
14.03.2017, 22:57
There are other mods which restore some or most of the lost content like the Dark Secrets, Content Mod ( http://www.moddb.com/mods/gothic-i-content-mod-pl ), Die Welt der Verurteilten, (or Świat Skazańców PL). There is also a Golden Mod which is in English and that's the best choice.

I'm not 100% sure about all of them, but the Content Mod and Golden Mod do add some things which should be in the Vanilla game. Dark Secrets is a huge mod which adds a lot of things (probably also from the beta version), the Die Welt der Verurteilten is an expansion mod like the NOTR is for G2. The Golden Mod is mostly a bugfix mod which fixes some things and also it adds a new thing which have-not been in the final game.

Primevals
15.03.2017, 12:04
I remember i`ve installed golden mode and it had a bug with shaman in chapter 4, can`t remember his name, you couldn`t have a conversation with him so you couldn`t go forward with the storry, i guess it was fixed? Also can you install golden mod as well content mod in together? And this mod Die Welt der Verurteilten is it in english too? Can it be installed with the other two as well together?

Marek33
15.03.2017, 13:07
I remember i`ve installed golden mode and it had a bug with shaman in chapter 4, can`t remember his name, you couldn`t have a conversation with him so you couldn`t go forward with the storry, i guess it was fixed? Also can you install golden mod as well content mod in together? And this mod Die Welt der Verurteilten is it in english too? Can it be installed with the other two as well together?

I don't think that was the golden mod, but it was in the old version of the Dark Secrets. Also, before installing mods make sure you have a backup of the game so you don't need to reinstall it (since I can't guarantee on the 100 % that everything will work). And there are a few mods (Returning 2.0 for example) which can't be installed with other mods since they change the original files.

Well, you can install all of them together, but the Content Mod is only in Polish (and maybe Russian or German) and the Welt der Verurteilten is only in German or Polish (also probably in Russian). You need the Gothic 1 Playerkit and also Systempack (so it can fix some bugs in the game and you need it for most of the mods). I have installed multiple mods also with the Gothic 1 Reloaded mod, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you have at least some experience with meeting before and you don't mind reinstalling your game (which could happen if you accidentally delete some file or you install the mod incorrectly).

Primevals
16.03.2017, 01:32
I don't think that was the golden mod, but it was in the old version of the Dark Secrets. Also, before installing mods make sure you have a backup of the game so you don't need to reinstall it (since I can't guarantee on the 100 % that everything will work). And there are a few mods (Returning 2.0 for example) which can't be installed with other mods since they change the original files.

Well, you can install all of them together, but the Content Mod is only in Polish (and maybe Russian or German) and the Welt der Verurteilten is only in German or Polish (also probably in Russian). You need the Gothic 1 Playerkit and also Systempack (so it can fix some bugs in the game and you need it for most of the mods). I have installed multiple mods also with the Gothic 1 Reloaded mod, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you have at least some experience with meeting before and you don't mind reinstalling your game (which could happen if you accidentally delete some file or you install the mod incorrectly).

Only Golden Mod is in english? Based on my research Content Mod is the best of all 3 of them, but is in polish and no english subtitles nor voice acting, man that sucks...

Can you give me a brief case about those 2 mods "Welt der Verurteilten" and "Content Mod", what do they have unique to stand for themselfs?

Marek33
16.03.2017, 12:29
Only Golden Mod is in english? Based on my research Content Mod is the best of all 3 of them, but is in polish and no english subtitles nor voice acting, man that sucks...

Can you give me a brief case about those 2 mods "Welt der Verurteilten" and "Content Mod", what do they have unique to stand for themselfs?

Maybe there will be an English version one day for the CM, but Golden Mod is mostly for the fixing bugs and it's probably one of my favorite mods in that regard.

Welt der Verurteilten is like an expansion pack (similar to the NOTR) which adds, fixes or changes the game world and the Content Mod has a basic text which you can read here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/gothic-i-content-mod-pl where are the most important things (also I don't know much about it since haven't played it a lot).

Here is a list of the things which Welt der Verurteilten add or changes: Warning it's a Google translate which I little changed since there were some bugs, but I haven't changed a lot so it still would make sense.

* The ability to become a Guru,
* Ability to become Magnate (only for zealous gamers)
* A variety of new tasks,
* A new balance of weapons and monsters,
* Intelligent behavior of monsters and men
* Blank areas have been incorporated into the game world,
* Unused space now have a new use in the game,
* Empty caves are no longer empty,
Level of difficulty similar to that of the appendix "Night of the Raven"
* New skills to learn (there is alchemy, blacksmithing, cooking, etc.)
* Luxuriant vegetation,
* More realistic daily activities NPC
* Improve armor,
* Random reward for many quests,
* Many new NPCs,
* More varied reactions NPC hero
* Original tasks have been changed or extended,
* Fixed a number of errors from the cradle,
* Hidden treasures
* The world is growing together with the hero,
* Several easter eggs,
* Logic various changes, which refer to the Gothic II,
* The more "live" world,
* Improved loadscreeny,
* In Extremo

Also, if you have more questions, feel free to send me a PM so we wouldn't spam it here.

Primevals
16.03.2017, 13:48
Can you give me links for both mods right to their creator`s webpage, where they discuss? for content mod and Welt der Verurteilten

Marek33
16.03.2017, 13:56
Can you give me links for both mods right to their creator`s webpage, where they discuss? for content mod and Welt der Verurteilten

I already give you a link to the content mod and here was the two links (German and Polish) for the Welt der Verurteilten: http://themodders.org/index.php?topic=25764.0 and https://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/download_462.htm.

Primevals
16.03.2017, 14:50
In this thread you can discuss about the GRM and it's relation to other mods. These are typical questions and their answers:

Q1: Will GRM contain feature X from mod Y?
A1: In most cases we haven't even thought about it. Our goal is to develop or own mod, we don't intend to adopt tons of features from others. However, feel free to make suggestions.

Q2: I like your awesome graphics and I would like to play mod Z, but you can only run one mod at once!
A2: In future GRM should be installable as a patch, but this may come with a trade-off.

A4: Yes, personally I would like to translate "Die Welt der Verurteilten" to English and fuse it with the GRM. However, this is a lot of work and I don't know if I will find time to for that.

What about content mod? Will you unite this mod as well? Or Die Welt der Verurteilten contains pretty much all things from content mod?

Primevals
16.03.2017, 14:54
I already give you a link to the content mod and here was the two links (German and Polish) for the Welt der Verurteilten: http://themodders.org/index.php?topic=25764.0 and https://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/download_462.htm.

Can you help me a bit, i`m trying to create an account and i can`t understand those two check points

Wklej tu polecenie znajdujące się poniżej (razem z dwukropkiem):

Pora doby, kiedy dzień zamienia się w noc:

What i`m i suppose to add here? Google translate didn`t helped me much

ThielHater
16.03.2017, 14:56
Content Mod is in Polish only, isn't it? I don't speak that language and have no idea what's changed in particular.

Primevals
16.03.2017, 15:20
Content Mod is in Polish only, isn't it? I don't speak that language and have no idea what's changed in particular.

Content mod has over 50 more missions, and scaling mobs dmg/hp like in Gothic 3, alchemy, cooking etc.
Golden Mod adds the missing content + missions between come characters from old camp and quinn`s gang, also missions releated to quin and abandoned mine (funny Content Mod adds that as well, maybe same missions or different ones?). As far as i remember Golden Mod mission for abandoned mine is releated with an undead invasion or something like that. So if the missions from Content Mod has other missions involving only living humans/orcs it`s fine. You can put those missions in first 2 chapters let`s say and then the one with the undead invasion into next chapters :) and of course they must be adjusted acordingly.
Welt der Verurteilten adds a lot of content, releated to shady dealings between old and new camps. As well as fighting arena options :D

So a good overall mod between Content Mod PL, Welt der Verurteilten and Golden Mod would be awesome, since those mods they do keep the story real and they kinda complete each other. They don`t go highways like Dark Mysteries for example. I am not saying that the mod is not good, but it doesn`t keep the story into the colony only and also you meet the primevals the ones from jharkendar and those guys were suppose to be dead for a very long time as well you meet the first owner of the last armor you get in the game, really that is crappy. Anyway back on the subject. You keep the mod with the biggest content as baseline, probably will be Welt der Verurteilten and then add content from golden mod and Content Mod PL that it doesn`t overlap with the content from Welt der Verurteilten and between themselfs.

Each mod has things on it`s own, though a lot of contents exists in multiple mods like improving armors exist in both Content Mod and Welt der Verurteilten mod. Quin missions releated to abandoned mine exist in Content Mod and Golden Mod and other things. Anyway as i said if the developers from those mods join together and create a compatibility mod, or a all in one mod between them that would complete the whole package with GMR. Of course there are also other small mods like Nameless Mod from OldFlash, that mod has some awesome textures for armors as well as our hero :), also joining a faction gives some dex/str/mana, for each level you learn in magic you receive mana points, also when you advance through the ranks you get extra stats, everything based on what camp you join. A few good ideas probably some good animal textures. You should also look at that mod for GMR mod, maybe you can add some things from that mod. If you ask me the armors are awesome with few exceptions, the light and medium armor for guards sucks, as well as light mercenary armors and also texture for the hero is awesome, that dark hair is freaking awesome. One last thing i like to point out, the last armor you get from the sunken tower (from oldflash`s mod) is completely overhall retextured and it`s awesome, though it doesn`t look so heavy armored, you can use this one for basic armor and then when you improve it add a lot of things on it to look heavy. (never liked the one from vanilla especially these sholders, they look so scrappy)

If you can manage to do all those and backup the whole things with audio voice acting and subtitles in english especially, then sure it can come with a trade-off, i would buy it, of course if you would do that then piranha bites might charge it`s part since it`s their game, but in exchange they can take a look over the whole project and maybe adjust a few things, fixing bugs, improves some missions` variables etc. We`ve seen this thing happend with Age of Empires 2.

Primevals
16.03.2017, 18:00
Sorry for double post, but i felt like this needs to be put separetly.

Based on all those projects, piranha can watch if the people will buy the project or not. If it does, then they can start in remaking the whole franchise, add the contents that already exists, also add the contents that they didn`t add anymore like y`berion is alive, also that content from Gothic 1 expansion that never came out as an surplus to the whole things and all those on a new authentic engine. Maybe, just maybe, asuming they are making the franchise, they can expand the story line, maybe adding dwarfs, elfs, i mean why not? This game has everthing, orcs, humans, undead. And there is a lot of room for dwarfs and elfs, maybe not in Gothic 1 and 2, to add a lot of npc of those two races, but in Gothic 3 they can, then there is the unknown lands, that could work really well as a spot for Dwarfs cities. also the setariff from Gothic 4, for elves and so on, i mean they can expand the whole plot so much that they would bring it to a whole different level. As for jobs for those races, well dwarfs though out other games basically they are smiths and diggers and elfs hunters, protectors of nature, healers etc. Even in G3 they can add elfs to the whole druid and nomads themes and dwarfs fighting along side rebels in myrtana and some fighting in nordmar for the orcs. It doesn`t have to be the same the story line step by step. As a conflict between races orcs vs humans are the main protagonists, elfs and dwarfs are kinda caught in the middle, elfs are on human side, dwarfs kinda hates everyone basically but they don` t mind fighting for whomever pays best, orcs have a respect for dwarfs, for their courage and strength and hate to death elfs and humans, same goes for elfs hating orcs, not so much dwarfs, between those 2 races they are more rivals that enemies. Humans loves elfs, kinda respects dwarfs for their crafting but still they don`t have them to their hearts and hates orcs. And the hero`s friends can be switched, for example in swamp camp can be added elfs, in new camp dwarfs in old camp from all races, based on this Lester can be an elf, Gorn a dwarf (he has a bad attitude after all) Diego and Milten humans, Lares more of a hybrid between human and elfs. Lee Human and dwarf hybrid, he`s tall as a human but has the stregth of a dwarf, Cor Angar Human/elf Y`berion elf/dwarf, what i mean they can play with this a lot, people would enjoy this.

Marek33
16.03.2017, 19:02
Can you help me a bit, i`m trying to create an account and i can`t understand those two check points

Wklej tu polecenie znajdujące się poniżej (razem z dwukropkiem):

Pora doby, kiedy dzień zamienia się w noc:

What i`m i suppose to add here? Google translate didn`t helped me much

Where do you are trying to make an account? Since I don't remember that text or do you have it at the installation?

At the installation, you just click on Dalej which means next and that's it (and also when there is an option for clicks, click on the upper one Zgadzam Sie which means that you agree with the license agreement). However, I think you have installed it?

@Marek33 and Primevals: I moved your discussion to a new thread (https://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1490086-GRM-and-other-mods). ;)

Thanks! I haven't even know that's possible.

ThielHater
16.03.2017, 19:23
That's a lot of stuff to read, unfortunately my answer won't be that long.

I know that the Content Mod adds about 50 new missions because it's written on their Mod DB site in English. But what are those missions about? I don't know and I never will. Gothic modding is nothing like you may imagine. You don't have a list of quests and choose what's in the mod by simply ticking items on that list, numerous script files have to be added by hand. I can't adopt content from a mod which is in a language that I can't speak. What the heck? If you are so vigorous, you should do it on your own. I wrote that I don't know if I will find time to translate DWdV and put it together with GRM and you come up with a wish list and tell me what I should do? That's so annoying. A professional dubbing by the same actors is very unlikely and selling a Gothic mod is even illegal.

I won't take part in any of these speculations about a reboot and what could be in it.

Marek33
16.03.2017, 19:30
Content mod has over 50 more missions, and scaling mobs dmg/hp like in Gothic 3, alchemy, cooking etc.
Golden Mod adds the missing content + missions between come characters from old camp and quinn`s gang, also missions releated to quin and abandoned mine (funny Content Mod adds that as well, maybe same missions or different ones?). As far as i remember Golden Mod mission for abandoned mine is releated with an undead invasion or something like that. So if the missions from Content Mod has other missions involving only living humans/orcs it`s fine. You can put those missions in first 2 chapters let`s say and then the one with the undead invasion into next chapters :) and of course they must be adjusted acordingly.
Welt der Verurteilten adds a lot of content, releated to shady dealings between old and new camps. As well as fighting arena options :D

So a good overall mod between Content Mod PL, Welt der Verurteilten and Golden Mod would be awesome, since those mods they do keep the story real and they kinda complete each other. They don`t go highways like Dark Mysteries for example. I am not saying that the mod is not good, but it doesn`t keep the story into the colony only and also you meet the primevals the ones from jharkendar and those guys were suppose to be dead for a very long time as well you meet the first owner of the last armor you get in the game, really that is crappy. Anyway back on the subject. You keep the mod with the biggest content as baseline, probably will be Welt der Verurteilten and then add content from golden mod and Content Mod PL that it doesn`t overlap with the content from Welt der Verurteilten and between themselfs.

Each mod has things on it`s own, though a lot of contents exists in multiple mods like improving armors exist in both Content Mod and Welt der Verurteilten mod. Quin missions releated to abandoned mine exist in Content Mod and Golden Mod and other things. Anyway as i said if the developers from those mods join together and create a compatibility mod, or a all in one mod between them that would complete the whole package with GMR. Of course there are also other small mods like Nameless Mod from OldFlash, that mod has some awesome textures for armors as well as our hero :), also joining a faction gives some dex/str/mana, for each level you learn in magic you receive mana points, also when you advance through the ranks you get extra stats, everything based on what camp you join. A few good ideas probably some good animal textures. You should also look at that mod for GMR mod, maybe you can add some things from that mod. If you ask me the armors are awesome with few exceptions, the light and medium armor for guards sucks, as well as light mercenary armors and also texture for the hero is awesome, that dark hair is freaking awesome. One last thing i like to point out, the last armor you get from the sunken tower (from oldflash`s mod) is completely overhall retextured and it`s awesome, though it doesn`t look so heavy armored, you can use this one for basic armor and then when you improve it add a lot of things on it to look heavy. (never liked the one from vanilla especially these sholders, they look so scrappy)

If you can manage to do all those and backup the whole things with audio voice acting and subtitles in english especially, then sure it can come with a trade-off, i would buy it, of course if you would do that then piranha bites might charge it`s part since it`s their game, but in exchange they can take a look over the whole project and maybe adjust a few things, fixing bugs, improves some missions` variables etc. We`ve seen this thing happend with Age of Empires 2.

I'm not sure, but probably same or very similar ones. I don't much play these mods since I just installed them and play them for a few minutes to make sure they are properly installed.

My thoughts exactly! Dark Mysteries are great, but it needs some balance changes and it would be better if we would have a combination mod of all of those three modifications (which I would also add another one called Novus).

That would be a dream come true. Something similar to the Requiem for the Gothic 2 (which has L'Hiver graphic and content from a lot of other mods), but this would be probably more polished.

Could you give me a link to the Nameless Mod from Old Flash?

Wait, you mean that you didn't like the Vanilla ore armor? I have seen a lot of armor in a lot of mods in Gothic, but this is still one of my favorites together with the Ork Armor from the First Returning (even if they don't cover the head they look great).

I don't think that Age of Empires 2 HD was a good example. The only thing which they do was mostly improving the resolution, but not a lot of other things. The AI is better and also there is improved wildlife, and that's about it. It was weak remake of the original game which was amazing and they could do much more. Microsoft Game Studios have a ton of money and they can It's not as bad as HOMM3HD, but they could do much better.

Microsoft Game Studios have a ton of money and they can It's not as bad as HOMM3HD, but they could do much better. And I know that Microsoft are not developed, but as a Publisher they could spend a little more money and give the team more time to remake everything, but probably they don't give them.

Marek33
16.03.2017, 19:40
Sorry for double post, but i felt like this needs to be put separetly.

Based on all those projects, piranha can watch if the people will buy the project or not. If it does, then they can start in remaking the whole franchise, add the contents that already exists, also add the contents that they didn`t add anymore like y`berion is alive, also that content from Gothic 1 expansion that never came out as an surplus to the whole things and all those on a new authentic engine. Maybe, just maybe, asuming they are making the franchise, they can expand the story line, maybe adding dwarfs, elfs, i mean why not? This game has everthing, orcs, humans, undead. And there is a lot of room for dwarfs and elfs, maybe not in Gothic 1 and 2, to add a lot of npc of those two races, but in Gothic 3 they can, then there is the unknown lands, that could work really well as a spot for Dwarfs cities. also the setariff from Gothic 4, for elves and so on, i mean they can expand the whole plot so much that they would bring it to a whole different level. As for jobs for those races, well dwarfs though out other games basically they are smiths and diggers and elfs hunters, protectors of nature, healers etc. Even in G3 they can add elfs to the whole druid and nomads themes and dwarfs fighting along side rebels in myrtana and some fighting in nordmar for the orcs. It doesn`t have to be the same the story line step by step. As a conflict between races orcs vs humans are the main protagonists, elfs and dwarfs are kinda caught in the middle, elfs are on human side, dwarfs kinda hates everyone basically but they don` t mind fighting for whomever pays best, orcs have a respect for dwarfs, for their courage and strength and hate to death elfs and humans, same goes for elfs hating orcs, not so much dwarfs, between those 2 races they are more rivals that enemies. Humans loves elfs, kinda respects dwarfs for their crafting but still they don`t have them to their hearts and hates orcs. And the hero`s friends can be switched, for example in swamp camp can be added elfs, in new camp dwarfs in old camp from all races, based on this Lester can be an elf, Gorn a dwarf (he has a bad attitude after all) Diego and Milten humans, Lares more of a hybrid between human and elfs. Lee Human and dwarf hybrid, he`s tall as a human but has the stregth of a dwarf, Cor Angar Human/elf Y`berion elf/dwarf, what i mean they can play with this a lot, people would enjoy this.

Why adding dwarfs, elves, and so on? They are not a part of a Gothic Lore. Also, I don't remember that there would be a Gothic 4 since there is only an Arcania which is a very different game from the original Gothic series. I wouldn't much mention the Gothic 3 Lore since that game was rushed and if they would release it when they want and not when they need it would be probably much different.

Why fighting for the Orks or for the Beliar which was one of the main enemy in the first two games and we were fighting against them the whole time?

I know that the Content Mod adds about 50 new missions because it's written on their Mod DB site in English. But what are those missions about? I don't know and I never will. Gothic modding is nothing like you may imagine. You don't have a list of quests and choose what's in the mod by simply ticking items on that list, numerous script files have to be added by hand. I can't adopt content from a mod which is in a language that I can't speak. What the heck? If you are so vigorous, you should do it on your own. I wrote that I don't know if I will find time to translate DWdV and put it together with GRM and you come up with a wish list and tell me what I should do? That's so annoying. A professional dubbing by the same actors is very unlikely and selling a Gothic mod is even illegal.

I won't take part in any of these speculations about a reboot and what could be in it.

I fully agree, but I hope that he is planning something (even if I don't think so). Also, he is probably talking about the next Gothic game which hopefully will be good (since the PB is doing it after Elex or something like that I seen somewhere). I hope that PB will make their games amazing like before since the Risen series (except the first game) was really weak.

Also, I'm sorry for the two posts, but I don't want to edit my older posts with a lot of text.

Primevals
16.03.2017, 20:22

That`s why i`ve said all teams to unite and do an all in one or a compatibile mod, which includes a full translation of all mods into english, each team translating it`s own mod. Since they know what they want to summarize in their own mods.

Primevals
16.03.2017, 20:22
I'm not sure, but probably same or very similar ones. I don't much play these mods since I just installed them and play them for a few minutes to make sure they are properly installed.

My thoughts exactly! Dark Mysteries are great, but it needs some balance changes and it would be better if we would have a combination mod of all of those three modifications (which I would also add another one called Novus).

That would be a dream come true. Something similar to the Requiem for the Gothic 2 (which has L'Hiver graphic and content from a lot of other mods), but this would be probably more polished.

Could you give me a link to the Nameless Mod from Old Flash?

Wait, you mean that you didn't like the Vanilla ore armor? I have seen a lot of armor in a lot of mods in Gothic, but this is still one of my favorites together with the Ork Armor from the First Returning (even if they don't cover the head they look great).

I don't think that Age of Empires 2 HD was a good example. The only thing which they do was mostly improving the resolution, but not a lot of other things. The AI is better and also there is improved wildlife, and that's about it. It was weak remake of the original game which was amazing and they could do much more. Microsoft Game Studios have a ton of money and they can It's not as bad as HOMM3HD, but they could do much better.

Microsoft Game Studios have a ton of money and they can It's not as bad as HOMM3HD, but they could do much better. And I know that Microsoft are not developed, but as a Publisher they could spend a little more money and give the team more time to remake everything, but probably they don't give them.

I was reffering to this mod http://www.worldofgothic.com/dl/?go=dlfile&fileid=131

Why adding dwarfs, elves, and so on? They are not a part of a Gothic Lore. Also, I don't remember that there would be a Gothic 4 since there is only an Arcania which is a very different game from the original Gothic series. I wouldn't much mention the Gothic 3 Lore since that game was rushed and if they would release it when they want and not when they need it would be probably much different.

Why fighting for the Orks or for the Beliar which was one of the main enemy in the first two games and we were fighting against them the whole time?

I fully agree, but I hope that he is planning something (even if I don't think so). Also, he is probably talking about the next Gothic game which hopefully will be good (since the PB is doing it after Elex or something like that I seen somewhere). I hope that PB will make their games amazing like before since the Risen series (except the first game) was really weak.

Also, I'm sorry for the two posts, but I don't want to edit my older posts with a lot of text.

It`s just a suggestion, the problem is this. If they intend on remaking Gothic franchises, all fans and new player will have huge expectations and those expectations comes on all aspects (texture, animations, storyline, combat, you name it.) So even if they manage to satisfy all expectations but with the storyline they kinda keep it the same, maybe adding only 1-2 things here and there, players will be dissapointed, because if they game excels on all other aspects, but not on storyline, which implies only for the developers to be creative, that would kill the game from the start. And from my perspective as a player, changing the storyline by a lot, by adding 2 new races, but as i said it doesn`t have to be big from the start few npc`s here and there in gothic 1/2 and then starting with Gothic 3 they can ingrease the number of npc`s from other races by a lot. Apart from that having friends from all races even hybrids would hype me up big times, each of them with his own attitude. Only seen Gorn as a dwarf (the tallest the dwarfs can be) with his bad attitude, man that would cheer me up. Also i forgot to mention, Thorus, since he`s a big ungly guy, probably a human/orc hybrid would fit him well. Apart from all this, don`t you want to see, for example, Y`berion an elf with long beard with a ponytail, but bald on top of the head with a height somewhere between an elf and dwarf, lookin cool like an elf and smoking and F****** like a dwarf, i would definetly want to see that, if you ask me that`s a GURU!

Marek33
17.03.2017, 00:19
That`s why i`ve said all teams to unite and do an all in one or a compatibile mod, which includes a full translation of all mods into english, each team translating it`s own mod. Since they know what they want to summarize in their own mods.

The problem is that English Gothic community is small and those mod teams are probably not going to translate these mods (and it would be great if GRM can translate the Die Welt der Verurteilten, but I'm not going to rush them into translation since they do a lot of work with the Gothic Reloaded Mod and in the end it's their decision) since there are not a lot of English players. And that's why we need to have many more members here at the WoP.de to show the community that there is still a lot of English players who care about the Gothic franchise.

I was reffering to this mod http://www.worldofgothic.com/dl/?go=dlfile&fileid=131

It`s just a suggestion, the problem is this. If they intend on remaking Gothic franchises, all fans and new player will have huge expectations and those expectations comes on all aspects (texture, animations, storyline, combat, you name it.) So even if they manage to satisfy all expectations but with the storyline they kinda keep it the same, maybe adding only 1-2 things here and there, players will be dissapointed, because if they game excels on all other aspects, but not on storyline, which implies only for the developers to be creative, that would kill the game from the start. And from my perspective as a player, changing the storyline by a lot, by adding 2 new races, but as i said it doesn`t have to be big from the start few npc`s here and there in gothic 1/2 and then starting with Gothic 3 they can ingrease the number of npc`s from other races by a lot. Apart from that having friends from all races even hybrids would hype me up big times, each of them with his own attitude. Only seen Gorn as a dwarf (the tallest the dwarfs can be) with his bad attitude, man that would cheer me up. Also i forgot to mention, Thorus, since he`s a big ungly guy, probably a human/orc hybrid would fit him well. Apart from all this, don`t you want to see, for example, Y`berion an elf with long beard with a ponytail, but bald on top of the head with a height somewhere between an elf and dwarf, lookin cool like an elf and smoking and F****** like a dwarf, i would definetly want to see that, if you ask me that`s a GURU!

Why would be the player disappointed by the same storyline? It's still better than having a different story which wouldn't be like the original, which wouldn't be so good or having a game which would have only a part of a story. For me and probably most of the fans new graphic, sounds and better gameplay would be enough. Maybe a new quest here and there, but I would keep it to the original like the GRM since some people can like Content Mod or Golden mod, but they can dislike the Die Welt der Verurteilten because it changes multiple things and a lot of people don't like that. I have seen a lot of different people who complain about L'Hiver since it wasn't 100% Lore friendly, but the GRM is. And that's one of the main differences why I don't want a very different remake since then it's not Gothic, but something else.

Have you been smoking some swampweed? Why would they change Gothic so much? It just really doesn't seem to be a Gothic game for me.

In this thread you can discuss about the GRM and it's relation to other mods. These are typical questions and their answers:Q1: Will GRM contain feature X from mod Y?

Also, I would like to give you my opinion about those mods in GRM and in short, I wouldn't much bother about those mods since even if they are amazing, it's better to stick to the Vanilla and maybe later after the full release think about them. Plus, I think that there are some other people who can make them compatible with the GRM. I would focus mostly on new textures in GRM and on the forum suggestion about the mod, but not much about making a compatibility patch for these mods. And I'm very interested in that patch which will be probably compatible with most of the mods, hopefully.

Vaana
18.03.2017, 15:46
Hi. I have a small question.
Apparently soon before Gothic released there was a pass near the old mine. PB removed it because they didn't have the time to finish it. Also, there was the abandoned mine and the orc city (both of which you can find in the files of the game: AbandonedMine.3ds, OrcCity.3ds) Do you intend to implement places like these that PB didn't have the time to finish?
reference:
http://gothic.arhn.eu/G1/screeny/rpgamer/gscreen13.jpg
https://youtu.be/vnoVmUTamXM?t=18m46s

ThielHater
18.03.2017, 20:25
We implemented the abandoned pass because someone else asked about it and it was fun to do something new. However, we won't implement the orc city or the abandoned mine.

lali
18.03.2017, 20:59
Ist der Pass bei euch dann vorhanden aber trotzdem verschüttet/gesperrt oder wird man ihn begehen können, bis man von der Barriere aufgehalten wird?

Vaana
18.03.2017, 22:09
Hello, its me again.
Thanks for the answer to my previous question
I have forgotten to ask about a few things.
1) After you finish GRM will you port the colony mesh to G2 ? It would be great to play G2 with this highpoly improved mesh. If not, will you let other modders do it ?

2) In the unreleased Gothic Sequel there are some additional interiors. For example: In the mountain fortress there are new rooms (like the one where the king is located), the fallen part of the tower in the old camp has another floor, the south entrance of the old camp has a walkway above it.
Here is a list of screenshots
Old camp: Fallen tower second floor
http://www.jpeg.cz/images/2017/03/18/Fnryu.png
http://www.jpeg.cz/images/2017/03/18/NpDiB.png
Old camp: south entrance
http://i.imgur.com/U8xbyRs.jpg
Mountain fortress: the room where the king is
http://www.jpeg.cz/images/2017/03/18/EGwfg.png
http://www.jpeg.cz/images/2017/03/18/Cv6O2.png
http://i.imgur.com/SzPaHSa.jpg
Mountain fortress: room in the tower.
http://www.jpeg.cz/images/2017/03/18/zcMmV.png
http://i.imgur.com/a5M2yNE.jpg

Do you consider adding these?

ThielHater
18.03.2017, 22:18
Ist der Pass bei euch dann vorhanden aber trotzdem verschüttet/gesperrt oder wird man ihn begehen können, bis man von der Barriere aufgehalten wird?Beides, kein Scheiß. :D

1) After you finish GRM will you port the colony mesh to G2? It would be great to play G2 with this highpoly improved mesh. If not, will you let other modders do it?
2) In the unreleased Gothic Sequel there are some additional interiors. [...] Do you consider adding these?1) Others may do so, in fact they could do it right now. We uploaded the 3DS files (http://demo.gothic-reloaded-mod.de/public/dl/Gothic_Reloaded_Mod_Demo_2017_3DS.7z) of the mesh one day after releasing the demo.
2) The sequel was never released after all, what makes it somewhat unofficial. The GRM is a graphical mod and there will be only minimal additions to the world. I mean what's the point of adding the throne room if nobody will be in there?

Vaana
18.03.2017, 22:29
I understand that the throne is a little extreme. But things like that walkway or the upper floor of the fallen tower dont seem that "game changing".
But thanks anyway :)

ThielHater
18.03.2017, 22:42
I agree, that these two things aren't game changing at all. But on the other hand, is the walkway at the southern entrance anyhow relevant?

Vaana
18.03.2017, 23:03
It doesnt change that much. It might be useful if you want to walk from one side to the other side of the gate without having to climb down. Also, if you connect the waypoints NPCs can go through there.

Boltfly
22.03.2017, 10:25
The new Texture pack by Artemiano §wink

http://worldofplayers.ru/threads/34343/page-19

ThielHater
22.03.2017, 10:51
What about that?

Marek33
22.03.2017, 12:38
The new Texture pack by Artemiano §wink

http://worldofplayers.ru/threads/34343/page-19

Perfect! :) Thank you for sharing it here!

Vaana
03.08.2017, 16:30
Hello, again :)

I've previously asked about the cut abandoned pass. Since then an update released and the pass is still not in. I would like to know if it's going to be there or not ?

Also, there is a small thing that Gothic Reloaded could expand on. In the original game there are 3 things that you can light on fire: torch poles, bonfires and torch holders.
Torch poles are EVERYWHERE.
Bonfires are primarily in the Old camp.
There are ONLY 4 torch holders that can be lit by the player in the whole game.
http://www.jpeg.cz/images/2017/08/03/GEeU3.jpg - Player lighting the torch holder.
http://www.jpeg.cz/images/2017/08/03/3JQn.jpg - Where the torches are.

I even made a really short video about this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=060jf9humCU

When you will be correcting the vobing to fit the new mesh it would be really great if you placed a few more torch holders or bonfires around the world.

That's all :)

ThielHater
04.08.2017, 04:24
I've previously asked about the cut abandoned pass. Since then an update released and the pass is still not in. I would like to know if it's going to be there or not ?The last demo update was on 2017-03-16 and the first time you asked about the pass was two days later. We won't release content updates, instead the updates are meant to fix technical problems.

When you will be correcting the vobing to fit the new mesh it would be really great if you placed a few more torch holders or bonfires around the worldThat's a good idea, I will have a look at it.

Vaana
07.08.2017, 16:29
I got another suggestion. At the exchange place there is a ore lift.
http://www.jpeg.cz/images/2017/08/07/hdmA6.png

You could make some kind of a dock for it to fit in.
How the lift moving looks normaly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuliLb5tVLE
(notice the wheels going through the wood platform)

my simple edited version.
with cart:
http://www.jpeg.cz/images/2017/08/07/06iI5.png
without cart:
http://www.jpeg.cz/images/2017/08/07/C6oSK.png
and same at the top

Also, I think it wouldn't hurt to add a few windows to the barracks in the old castle. Some rooms are lit only by torches (and fireplaces in G2).
http://www.jpeg.cz/images/2017/08/07/ptIu.jpg
There is one place where if done well it could look really good.
My basic editation:
http://www.jpeg.cz/images/2017/08/07/7x3iW.png
Where the windows could be:
http://www.jpeg.cz/images/2017/08/07/S8oMN.png
You can use the G2 ""windows"" as a inspiration
http://www.jpeg.cz/images/2017/08/07/yZWFu.png
http://www.jpeg.cz/images/2017/08/07/ojzK4.png

Marek33
07.08.2017, 19:48
Hello, again :)

I've previously asked about the cut abandoned pass. Since then an update released and the pass is still not in. I would like to know if it's going to be there or not ?

Also, there is a small thing that Gothic Reloaded could expand on. In the original game there are 3 things that you can light on fire: torch poles, bonfires and torch holders.
Torch poles are EVERYWHERE.
Bonfires are primarily in the Old camp.
There are ONLY 4 torch holders that can be lit by the player in the whole game.
http://www.jpeg.cz/images/2017/08/03/GEeU3.jpg - Player lighting the torch holder.
http://www.jpeg.cz/images/2017/08/03/3JQn.jpg - Where the torches are.

I even made a really short video about this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=060jf9humCU

When you will be correcting the vobing to fit the new mesh it would be really great if you placed a few more torch holders or bonfires around the world.

That's all :)

I remember that he has a list of unused Gothic 1 animations from that person and there is a Priest animation on his channel. And there are mods for the Gothic 2 so I wouldn't put RIP Gothic 2 there. For example, I have installed Przeznaczenie mod and I think that one has added it for me or maybe it was some other mod. I have multiple mods installed for both games.

Vaana
07.08.2017, 20:08
That "Rip Gothic2" thing was specifically about those torch holders. Since Gothic 1 has 4 torch holders that you can use and Gothic 2 has none (so less than G1 ). It was a joke ;).

Marek33
07.08.2017, 20:10
That "Rip Gothic2" thing was specificly about the torchholders. Since Gothic 1 has 4 torch holders that you can use and Gothic 2 has none (so less than G1 ). It was a joke ;).

I know, but you can use torches in Gothic 2 to (witch mods only).

Vaana
07.08.2017, 22:44
Really ?
Could you send me the mods ?

Man with this mod, would had been great if someone would release a mod with all the content that is missing from gothic 1 original, like those thugs from the mountains, old mine, etc. :D
I might just do that. I've got tons of modded scripts all over the place, I just need to put them together :)

lali
08.08.2017, 11:25

I think it wouldn't make sense to implement things like the walkway at the south entrance or the additional way from the intact tower to the barracks etc. from the Sequel. If all those things would be in Gothic 1 already, it wouldn't be something new anymore in the Sequel, while in the Sequel those changes find their explanation in the destruction of the old camp due to the storm following the fall of the barrier. So they have repaired, reconstruct and rebuild many things in the camp while our hero was buried in the temple (according to the Sequel he was there much longer than in Gothic 2). So it makes sense that there are such comprehensive changes).

Vaana
08.08.2017, 12:01
the additional way from the intact tower to the barracks etc. from the Sequel.
Yeah, that would fit G2 more
http://i.imgur.com/k3OL0oU.jpg

the destruction of the old camp due to the storm following the fall of the barrier. So they have repaired, reconstruct and rebuild many things in the camp.
I agree, it is possible that after the barrier fell the camp looked similar to the one from the Sequel (dark sky, debris everywhere, broken huts) but when the orcs came the completely destroyed remnants of the old camp. That thing about earthquakes and storms completely explains why the colony is so wreckt in G2 (for other reason than the army of darkness).
http://i.imgur.com/XCu8Z7G.jpg
Maybe even the tower was destroyed a bit (as in the sequel) but was repaired by the Paladins (but they forgot to put ladders in so its useless:))

Apparently something similar happened to the New camp, but you can't see what in G2 because of snow. However, you can see that the way to the free mine has caved in.

according to the Sequel he was there much longer than in Gothic 2
Intro says that is 13 days but Maleth says that it was 3 weeks so, I don't know exact time.

I think I will make a video about this :), call it 13 days.

BTW
You can fall through those railings in NC just by walking into them
http://www.jpeg.cz/images/2017/08/08/eWsOP.jpg

lali
08.08.2017, 13:03
Apparently something similar happened to the New camp, but you can't see what in G2 because of snow. However, you can see that the way to the free mine has caved in.

In the Sequel (and so in Nyx) the free mine is intact, but one side of the cave is collapsed.

Intro says that is 13 days but Maleth says that it was 3 weeks so, I don't know exact time.

The german intro says its 30 days. In the english version the translation of that is wrong. Maleth says it was 3 weeks before, that some convicts were coming from the barrier. Not necessarily that this was the day the barrier fall down. ;)

While in the Sequel (and so in Nyx) its entirely different and the hero was in the temple for a couple of months.

Marek33
08.08.2017, 13:12
Really ?
Could you send me the mods ?

I can, but the one which I have is in Polish. I don't mind it since it's similar to my language, but don't forget to make a backup of your game so you wouldn't install it wrong. Even I make a backup of my game and I have installed together 30 mods for both Gothic games. Here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/z2d8oqhf6z4xn7w/Przeznaczenie1_3.exe

I think it wouldn't make sense to implement things like the walkway at the south entrance or the additional way from the intact tower to the barracks etc. from the Sequel. If all those things would be in Gothic 1 already, it wouldn't be something new anymore in the Sequel, while in the Sequel those changes find their explanation in the destruction of the old camp due to the storm following the fall of the barrier. So they have repaired, reconstruct and rebuild many things in the camp while our hero was buried in the temple (according to the Sequel he was there much longer than in Gothic 2). So it makes sense that there are such comprehensive changes).

Exactly! I'm looking forward for these mods and I hope that there will be an English version one day.

Vaana
08.08.2017, 13:17
the free mine is intact, but one side of the cave is collapsed.
I thought the mine collapsed. That's why they had to use the mine under the fog tower to find the "red ore".

The german intro says its 30 days.
"dreisig tage später"
I see :)

While in the Sequel (and so in Nyx) its entirely different and the hero was in the temple for a couple of months.
What ??
How do you know all of this :dnuhr:
What do you mean by Nyx ?

Edit:

Gothic: Nyx, I see. It looks like you took it straight out of Gothic Sequel, how did you do that ? How did you make those mud textures, It looks exactly like the sequel (except for some textures)
Also, I think you might be interested in this I made:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPs4rsRrDfY&list=PLjX_zdy9d6JABumQ6lBZKVNojE4Fi9sIX

lali
08.08.2017, 13:49
Exactly! I'm looking forward for these mods and I hope that there will be an English version one day.

Would be cool. If someone can help me with this, sure. But one step at a time.

I thought the mine collapsed. That's why they had to use the mine under the fog tower to find the "red ore".

No, with the free mine this is not the case. But i don't want to spoil too much, if thats not already known from videos (arhn's documentary for example didn't say something about that).

What ??
How do you know all of this :dnuhr:
What do you mean by Nyx ?

Nyx (https://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1472000-Ank%C3%BCndigung-Gothic-Nyx) is a mod i am working on, which is a reconstruction of the Sequel and the direct continuation to Orpheus. But i don't want to take over the thread here. If there are more questions, you can use the thread i've linked.

Marek33
08.08.2017, 17:30
Would be cool. If someone can help me with this, sure. But one step at a time.

I could help with fixing the English text, but the machine translation or even better a direct translation would have to be done by someone who speak German or who knows how to translate the text in the Gothic files.

Vaana
14.08.2017, 11:55
Also, Will all the cutscenes be remade or not ?

Abus Bambus
14.08.2017, 23:58
Also, Will all the cutscenes be remade or not ?
That would be awesome but would require a lot of work cause everything has to be animated by hand.

lali
15.08.2017, 08:20
They've already posted some material on their website related to remaking the intro.

Vaana
15.08.2017, 11:54
I found this banner of the king's room :)
http://www.gothic-reloaded-mod.de/pic_slideshow/10.jpg
Hope they will render it at least at full hd.

lali
15.08.2017, 12:22
I searched it for you. Here:
http://www.gothic-reloaded-mod.de/?page=gallery&sortby=albumonly&id=50&lang=en

Vaana
15.08.2017, 19:50
That actually looks really cool :)

ThielHater
16.08.2017, 20:08
I'm sorry for the late reply. I don't have any reservations about your suggestions in particular, but I worry about getting flooded by suggestions. This is not the Make-a-Wish-Foundation, I can't promise that the suggestions of the community will make it into the mod. :dnuhr:

The docking station and the additional windows are good idea and we will fix the collision of the handrails. One member started remaking the intro but left the team later on. The video sequences have a low priority to us, to best of my knowledge we didn't discuss about remaking them.

Vaana
24.11.2017, 23:09
Hello
Just wanted to share with you this image I made, it might help you with the cut pass (if you havent made it already).
The pass screenshot is from the History of Khorinis video.
https://i.imgur.com/ysJq9tH.jpg
Also made one with the barrier
https://i.imgur.com/VGOtV9c.jpg
The screenshot of the pass is angled a little bit so it took some time to line it up.

Also, I got a comparison of an old screenshot where you can see a mountain where the pass is:
https://i.imgur.com/XHApjcE.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/jYKsVuF.jpg

Use as you want, or dont use at all. You decide :)

ThielHater
25.11.2017, 01:54
Thanks for the info but we already recreated that part of the world and adjusted the magic barrier. ;)

Demondays
14.03.2018, 07:12
Since I asked this question in Gothic D3D11 topic and no one answered me I thought I will try here:

So in Gothic Reloaded Mod, Dx11 renderer is displaying additional grass vobs on grass textures and I dont remember this feature being in last dx11 renderer release. Is this made specially for Gothic Reloaded? I managed to launch normal Gothic with this renderer but noticed that position of many new grass vobs is not matching actual ground mesh. So I assume these vobs were generated once for GRM mesh and then they are just being loaded. But is there maybe a way to re-generate them for original Gothic 1 mesh?

Inspirate
14.03.2018, 07:50
Since I asked this question in Gothic D3D11 topic and no one answered me I thought I will try here:

So in Gothic Reloaded Mod, Dx11 renderer is displaying additional grass vobs on grass textures and I dont remember this feature being in last dx11 renderer release. Is this made specially for Gothic Reloaded? I managed to launch normal Gothic with this renderer but noticed that position of many new grass vobs is not matching actual ground mesh. So I assume these vobs were generated once for GRM mesh and then they are just being loaded. But is there maybe a way to re-generate them for original Gothic 1 mesh?

Yes, there is a way to generate the gras for the original Gothic I mesh. Try the GD3D11 Clockwork Edition Version 17.6.4 (point 4) with additional grasvegetation for the original Gothic I. >>click me<< (https://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1481854-Welchen-Grafikpatch-sollte-ich-installieren-Probleme-nach-Installation/page5?p=25702383&viewfull=1#post25702383)
You also can try point 8 (Vegetationsreichere Originalwelt). It's the original G1 world with much more Trees and grasses. You can combine both (GD3D11 Renderer & G1 world)

Demondays
14.03.2018, 20:23
Yes, there is a way to generate the gras for the original Gothic I mesh. Try the GD3D11 Clockwork Edition Version 17.6.4 (point 4) with additional grasvegetation for the original Gothic I. >>click me<< (https://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1481854-Welchen-Grafikpatch-sollte-ich-installieren-Probleme-nach-Installation/page5?p=25702383&viewfull=1#post25702383)
You also can try point 8 (Vegetationsreichere Originalwelt). It's the original G1 world with much more Trees and grasses. You can combine both (GD3D11 Renderer & G1 world)

Thanks! I tried gdg3d11 clockwork edition and grass is at last placed correctly on the terrain but I noticed that it is very different than in grm - for example there is much less density in these grass vobs (compare two screenshots I took) also in clockwork edition grass is everywhere on the paths inside old camp (which doesnt look good), while in GRM it is only on green areas.

https://i.imgur.com/jGLReny.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ckD8hbt.jpg

Inspirate
14.03.2018, 23:23
Thanks! I tried gdg3d11 clockwork edition and grass is at last placed correctly on the terrain but I noticed that it is very different than in grm - for example there is much less density in these grass vobs (compare two screenshots I took) also in clockwork edition grass is everywhere on the paths inside old camp (which doesnt look good), while in GRM it is only on green areas.

https://i.imgur.com/jGLReny.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ckD8hbt.jpg

No problem, if you don't like it so you can deinstall the patch completly. :dnuhr:

Demondays
15.03.2018, 06:51
No problem, if you don't like it so you can deinstall the patch completly. :dnuhr:

Well that doesnt solve the problem ;) From what I saw positions of those grass vobs are stored in GD3D11\ZENResources folder in WORLD.spt and WORLD.veg files. The question is how to generate these files? I suppose its all done automatically but with some specified rules? So grass appears only on these mesh polygons that materials were specified. And I would just like to have the same "rules" as were used in GRM.

Inspirate
15.03.2018, 09:13
Well that doesnt solve the problem ;) From what I saw positions of those grass vobs are stored in GD3D11\ZENResources folder in WORLD.spt and WORLD.veg files. The question is how to generate these files? I suppose its all done automatically but with some specified rules? So grass appears only on these mesh polygons that materials were specified. And I would just like to have the same "rules" as were used in GRM.

Creating your own vegetation setting is a terrible work. The renderer isn't a user-friendly tool.

Build your own Vegetation:
1.) Ingame open the vegetation window by pressing F1
2.) place and build your vegetation for the original world

How to save your setting:
1.) Close the vegetation window by pressing F1
2.) Open the renderer settings by pressing F11
3.) Open advanced settings (ALT + F11)
4.) choose "save zenresources"

Now you can find your own worlds.* files stored in the GD3D11/Zenresources Folder.

Demondays
15.03.2018, 09:42
Build your own Vegetation:
1.) Ingame open the vegetation window by pressing F1
2.) place and build your vegetation for the original world

Thanks, I will surely try it at the evening. I just hope it is not like adding all vegetations manually in similar way to how it is in spacer? I assumed it is rather more automatic process (something like tying grass to polygons with specified textures) because I noticed grass in many places normally not accesible by players like tops of the mountains.

Edit. Ok, after trying it myself now I got what You mean. I see that a lot of work awaits me :D

ThielHater
15.03.2018, 20:32
We included a modified version of the GD3D11 renderer in the demo, that was long before the GD3D11 Clockwork Edition was released or even started. I didn't test it but I believe that Bonne6 is doing a good job, it's likely that we will abandon our version. The original GD3D11 renderer already had the vegetation functionality, all I did was to add a call to load it when the world is loaded.

I flew around the world, selected polygon groups and placed grass on it, that's all. The density and size of the grass can be adjusted while placing it. If I remember correctly, BlackBat did another run later on and that version made it into the demo. That work wasn't terrible in my opinion.