PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Off-Topic Thread - Peanuts #1: by Jove, we're back!

Hellbilly
01.05.2016, 20:01
Like the prodigal son, we're back with our tail firmly tucked between our legs and heads hung in shame.

Yes, this is the glorious return of Peanuts.

Must say, I have a small degree of excitement for Elex. Finally the PB's are trying something new and fresh for them, and I hope it's going to pay off!

Maladiq
01.05.2016, 20:03
Welcome back, Brother! May the Sleeper be with you! Yeah, I really missed you guys, especially you, my former King.

Dino
01.05.2016, 20:04
No place like home, boys.

Maladiq
01.05.2016, 20:07
No place like home, boys.

§ice§5troet

Party hard, boys. But not in a spammy way, m'kay?

Dino
01.05.2016, 20:18
^Don't worry, those days are behind me...
I'm totally going to make 1000 posts while you're not looking

Ariogaisus
01.05.2016, 20:34
Feels as if we haven't even been away for three sodding years.

Hellbilly
01.05.2016, 20:36
Naw Hell, it feels like half a lifetime. Or at least those three years have been full enough of stuff to fill up half a lifetime.

Ariogaisus
01.05.2016, 20:41
Naw Hell, it feels like half a lifetime. Or at least those three years have been full enough of stuff to fill up half a lifetime.

Either way it's good to be back.

Nefekto
01.05.2016, 20:54
Well this all seems vaguely familiar
Nice to see the peanuts thread again, brings back memories.

Maladiq
01.05.2016, 20:56
So what have you guys been up to?

Hellbilly
01.05.2016, 21:09
So what have you guys been up to?

Picked up running as a hobby two and a half years ago and am training for a full marathon this year; started making 80's style synth music; switched jobs twice since WoG-eng shut down; got a whole lot more tattoos than I had before; took up drinking beer as a hobby; got diagnosed with medium severity depression. Business as usual, in other words.

Kostaz
01.05.2016, 21:15
Obligatory milestone post that will probably be followed by shamefully little interaction.

.†.MikeL.†.
01.05.2016, 21:19
Feels as if we haven't even been away for three sodding years.

Actually it feels like ages, some of us are fathers now..

Yeah, hey guys I'm back too, hopefully with something to look forward to this time around.

Yavanna
01.05.2016, 21:23
I was reminiscing with an old friend from PoP forum earlier and I remembered WoG, came here, couldn't remember password, and left feeling sad that this forum got closed, only to get a link from Mike a few minutes later, telling me the forum was open again.

HI EVERYONE! I missed you. <3

Kostaz
01.05.2016, 21:29
Desktop version looks quite snazzy if dated, the mobile one is a flat out web1.0. Seriously when is WoP going to implement Tapatalk? I feel like a savage.

Also, this feels more like a reunion than anything I've experienced IRL :p

.†.MikeL.†.
01.05.2016, 21:40
Also, this feels more like a reunion than anything I've experienced IRL :p

It does feel like a reunion. Does anyone actually have high hopes for Elex?

Yavanna
01.05.2016, 21:42
Oh wait this is not the WoG forum. D:

I got tricked!

Doesn't matter either way. I'm just glad to see everyone here again. ^^

Now I'll have to look into this Elex thing. >.>

Maladiq
01.05.2016, 21:50
^Nothing major. I fucked up my university thing big time and now I'm trying to scoop up and fix whatever is left remaining. I should have graduated 2 years ago...

Besides that, I started a youtube channel and I made a video about gothic 1 I've wanted to do since 2013: click (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcxQV-kDlWA). I think I posted it in the facebook group but whatever, shameless advertising is my thing.
I started learning photography last year and I can see myself working in that field. So far I'm not, though.

Well, good luck to you! Every kick in the ass is a step forward! You have our support with everything you decide. And the video is quite good, actually! We have a youtube channel as well, and post original content. https://www.youtube.com/user/WorldOfPiranhaBytes/

A new video should be up every day now, and I joined the commentary as a premiere. You are welcome to come create videos with us!

Picked up running as a hobby two and a half years ago and am training for a full marathon this year; started making 80's style synth music; switched jobs twice since WoG-eng shut down; got a whole lot more tattoos than I had before; took up drinking beer as a hobby; got diagnosed with medium severity depression. Business as usual, in other words.

Wow, drinking and beer simultaneously? Only you could do it :p Post some of your music, post pics of your tattos, and let us help you every time you feel down. We are basically family after all this time! :gratz

Obligatory milestone post that will probably be followed by shamefully little interaction.

Permission denied to shamefully little interact. :p

Actually it feels like ages, some of us are fathers now..

Yeah, hey guys I'm back too, hopefully with something to look forward to this time around.

Holy cow! Boy or girl? Or more than one? Show us the little rascal(s)!

I was reminiscing with an old friend from PoP forum earlier and I remembered WoG, came here, couldn't remember password, and left feeling sad that this forum got closed, only to get a link from Mike a few minutes later, telling me the forum was open again.

HI EVERYONE! I missed you. <3

Missed you to, kind queen! §knuff Hope you will be active, at least in the useless off-topic. We owe you one, Mike!

It does feel like a reunion. Does anyone actually have high hopes for Elex?

Yes, it does feel like the best goddamn reunion the world has ever seen! Let's enjoy this, it is one of those little things in life which make it worth living. §wink

Tratos
01.05.2016, 21:59
Evening ladies and gents. It is a right pleasure to see you all gathered here if only for a short while.

What be this thing, Elex, that got the town talking?

Maladiq
01.05.2016, 22:02
Evening ladies and gents. It is a right pleasure to see you all gathered here if only for a short while.

What be this thing, Elex, that got the town talking?

Herr Phoenix! I welcome thee!

ELEX is a fantasy sci-fi RPG by Piranha Bytes. It has been in development at a conceptual level since the time of Risen 1. It is the brain-child of Bjoern, and you can really tell it is personal, not just a sequel demanded by a publisher. It should be out by spring 2017.

I for one am hyped!

Kostaz
01.05.2016, 22:55
Let's get some self shaming going. I can't be the only one whose gaming productivity has taken a plunge (arguable since getting involved with forums). I practically haven't played Risen 2 & 3, and my Elex exposure is limited to skimming some edgy posts over at rpgcodex. Only thing I'm hyped for is the potential for Tides of Numenera to be acceptable and getting some me-time to play G2 DX11 sometime before 2020.

Yavanna
01.05.2016, 23:19
Funny story time! \o/

I haven't been playing many games the past few years, but I somehow ended up playing Guild Wars 2 even though I said I'm done with online games.

Anyway, one day I was going around from one map to another killing world bosses and someone asked a question (regarding an in-game achievement) to which I answered. On the next map, I ran into the same person again and we started talking. We both found out that we were from Romania and we kept talking and doing random in-game stuff for like two days until one day a friend joined the party and he called me Rox.

Turns out the new friend I made was our very own Khaled from WoG. How small is the world, huh? And that's how I ran into him after so many years. I still can't believe it. XD

Missed you to, kind queen! §knuff Hope you will be active, at least in the useless off-topic.
I missed you and everyone here too! And I most certainly will be! It's good to be home, even though the home is a little bit different. ^^

Maladiq
01.05.2016, 23:48
Let's get some self shaming going. I can't be the only one whose gaming productivity has taken a plunge (arguable since getting involved with forums). I practically haven't played Risen 2 & 3, and my Elex exposure is limited to skimming some edgy posts over at rpgcodex. Only thing I'm hyped for is the potential for Tides of Numenera to be acceptable and getting some me-time to play G2 DX11 sometime before 2020.

You're telling me? The only game I managed to play in the last 3 years has been South Park: The stick of truth. Just can't get excited about games anymore. PB is the exception for me, though.

Funny story time! \o/

I haven't been playing many games the past few years, but I somehow ended up playing Guild Wars 2 even though I said I'm done with online games.

Anyway, one day I was going around from one map to another killing world bosses and someone asked a question (regarding an in-game achievement) to which I answered. On the next map, I ran into the same person again and we started talking. We both found out that we were from Romania and we kept talking and doing random in-game stuff for like two days until one day a friend joined the party and he called me Rox.

Turns out the new friend I made was our very own Khaled from WoG. How small is the world, huh? And that's how I ran into him after so many years. I still can't believe it. XD
You are Romanian as well? :eek: How did I miss that all these years? Anyway, small world indeed, apparently you just can't escape good friends. :o

I missed you and everyone here too! And I most certainly will be! It's good to be home, even though the home is a little bit different. ^^
Home is not about the place, but about the company!

Dino
02.05.2016, 06:36
I can't be the only one whose gaming productivity has taken a plunge.

The only 3 games I played for the last 4 years would be League of Legends, CS 1.6 Jump/Kreedz(I don't play it anymore) and Borderlands 2. I had no idea about Elex and you know... I'm glad PB is trying something new. The screenshots look promising and all. I hope the game is good.

Hellbilly
02.05.2016, 08:56
Wow, drinking and beer simultaneously? Only you could do it :p Post some of your music, post pics of your tattos, and let us help you every time you feel down. We are basically family after all this time! :gratz

You mean beer and running, I presume?

Well you know, there's not much to drinking water so I figured beer is a good way to go. No, seriously though, what I mean is tasting special beers and products of micro-breweries and such, so not so much binge drinking as the beer equivalent of wine tasting. I keep a blog about it (in Finnish) with my wife and stuff. Doesn't conflict with running that much either, when the amount of drink is small... this one time I did run a half marathon the day after an afterwork event that involved a fair share of booze. Never again, as I was awarded an ulcer for that majestic performance.

You can check out my music by clicking here (https://soundcloud.com/cthulhicdawn/tracks). Not gonna bother to post a pic of my tattoos right now, maybe when my WIP chest piece is ready.

Oh, and as for Elex, I've been following the Facebook page sporadically and am somewhat interested, even carefully optimistic. I hope a fresh setting helps PB get the creative juices flowing again. I'm not following the gaming scene that much either apart from getting the occasional indie or major title off Steam or GoG on sale. I did play Mad Max, which was quite fun in a mindless way, and the in-dev indie title 7 Days To Die, which is a nice Minecraft-meets-horror survival kind of game.

.†.MikeL.†.
02.05.2016, 09:46
Holy cow! Boy or girl? Or more than one? Show us the little rascal(s)!

I didn't put it correctly, I'm not refering to myslef but in general.

Same here, I played only Risen 1 and stll wasn't that fond of it. Also nowadays with my job open world video games are a very rare occasion, I have Witcher 3 and I haven't even touched it yet.
Not that I don't play games at all though, except some major titles like Tomb Rider or Max Payne 3, I rot in my chair by time to time playing hidden gems like Fan-Made Pokemon games (Reborn, Rejuvenation, Desolation, Insurgence etc.) even strated my own project with RPG Maker XP and Pokemon Essentials, it's surprisngly fun to create games like these.
As the years pass by I turn more and more into a casual.. :( (or maybe not)

...small world indeed...

True, online or not.

Tratos
02.05.2016, 10:26
I'm firmly rooted in casual territory. Catching steam sales turns out to be the game I play, rather than firing up the titles I bought. Gotta stop that. Finished the last Starcraft II expansion on a breath for completion's sake and been dipping in and out of the first Witcher game over the course of many months in preparation for Witcher III, whenever that's gonna happen.

Ariogaisus
02.05.2016, 13:32
Anyone know how I should go about contacting an Admin in order to get my avatar back?

Yavanna
02.05.2016, 18:46
Now you can't say I never drew anything from Piranha Bytes games. xD

Elex — Ruins (http://roksiel.deviantart.com/art/Elex-Ruins-606610158)

Maladiq
02.05.2016, 20:27
Anyone know how I should go about contacting an Admin in order to get my avatar back?

Remind me, how did you lose this right?

Now you can't say I never drew anything from Piranha Bytes games. xD

Elex — Ruins (http://roksiel.deviantart.com/art/Elex-Ruins-606610158)

Holy cow! That is amazing! If you keep making these awesome things, I will have to make you your own gallery on the website :p

Yavanna
02.05.2016, 22:23
Holy cow! That is amazing! If you keep making these awesome things, I will have to make you your own gallery on the website :p
Ha ha, I am unworthy, but thanks! I have another idea for a drawing, but the problem is that I have no idea how this character looks from the front. I guess I'll have to improvise...? XD

Maladiq
02.05.2016, 23:11
I guess I'll have to improvise...? XD§omg

Khaled
03.05.2016, 08:58
Funny story time! \o/

Yeah, and Faby told me that the gang is back at it of World of Elex. I just couldn't miss this! :D

Hello everyone! $§p4

Hellbilly
03.05.2016, 10:36
Just ran about 12.75km and man was it heavy... during winter I could run 20-25 km and not feel half as done in afterwards. Too hot, too much sun and too much dust in the air, making it sooooooo dry.

Other than that: spring is awesome. No more dark, no more cold, no more being tired 24/7.

rekinu
03.05.2016, 13:53
*puts a beer crate on the table*

Hey what's the up? Long time no see

Maladiq
03.05.2016, 14:38
Yeah, and Faby told me that the gang is back at it of World of Elex. I just couldn't miss this! :D

Hello everyone! $§p4

Welcome back, my friend! Come, join the fun. It is the beginning of a new story.

Just ran about 12.75km and man was it heavy... during winter I could run 20-25 km and not feel half as done in afterwards. Too hot, too much sun and too much dust in the air, making it sooooooo dry.

Other than that: spring is awesome. No more dark, no more cold, no more being tired 24/7.

I never understood how people can run for... pleasure? I run to try and lose weight, but I hate every single step.

*puts a beer crate on the table*

Hey what's the up? Long time no see

*opens beer* Aaaah, nothing much, just excited about the new PB project. :D

Hellbilly
03.05.2016, 17:44
I never understood how people can run for... pleasure? I run to try and lose weight, but I hate every single step.

It can actually be quite cathartic at times, when your body sort of works by itself to keep you running and your mind starts wandering, letting the subconscious flow through. I guess that's what they call runner's high. And what I like is that it's a great way to explore your surroundings whilst exercising.

BTW, running isn't the best way to lose weight or especially get a more athletic body. It's a great supplement, but going to the gym is more effective if you want it to show. I should know, I basically only run, and though my legs are like goddamned tree-trunks, my upper body is wiry at best, never particularly "fit" looking let alone muscular (although now I'm actually getting a bit fat despite heavy running).

Maladiq
03.05.2016, 17:50
BTW, running isn't the best way to lose weight or especially get a more athletic body. It's a great supplement, but going to the gym is more effective if you want it to show. I should know, I basically only run, and though my legs are like goddamned tree-trunks, my upper body is wiry at best, never particularly "fit" looking let alone muscular (although now I'm actually getting a bit fat despite heavy running).

Well, I try to hit the gym for 1 hour, and then run for 20 -30 minutes at the end of the training. :dnuhr: I guess the most difficult part is eating healthy.

Hellbilly
03.05.2016, 18:20
Well, I try to hit the gym for 1 hour, and then run for 20 -30 minutes at the end of the training. :dnuhr: I guess the most difficult part is eating healthy.

Amen, brother! It's the eating healthy bit that's a bitch. Especially when you need to stock up on carbs if you do long-distance running... it's a thin line to walk. Eat too little and you run out of energy somewhere in the middle, but eat too much and you get fat.

Ariogaisus
03.05.2016, 19:11
Remind me, how did you lose this right?

I was a foolish young boy who put a Himmler quote in his signature.

Dez
03.05.2016, 23:06
Like the prodigal son, we're back with our tail firmly tucked between our legs and heads hung in shame.

Yes, this is the glorious return of Peanuts.

Must say, I have a small degree of excitement for Elex. Finally the PB's are trying something new and fresh for them, and I hope it's going to pay off!

Hey there. Nice to see more familiar faces here. :)

I agree. The excitement is in the air. Lets hope pbs will deliver something truly memorable!

Maladiq
04.05.2016, 16:13
Guys, I just found this gem. Link is NSFW-ish. Kinda.

https://youtu.be/789he-8T_-E

Dez
04.05.2016, 23:48
"There is a rumor that emperor Qingshi while looking for a secret to longevity found this herb to be one of it's important ingredients." :D

Hellbilly
05.05.2016, 11:00
Now this is what I call a hangover. Feels like a dead raccoon pissed in my mouth.

Dino
05.05.2016, 20:08
I tried Overwatch today. I am too old for such games.

Btw it's in open beta until may the 9th, in case you guys want to give it a go. I know I am done and over. Too fast-paced for my ancient bones to comprehend.

.†.MikeL.†.
06.05.2016, 18:25
I tried Overwatch today. I am too old for such games.

Btw it's in open beta until may the 9th, in case you guys want to give it a go. I know I am done and over. Too fast-paced for my ancient bones to comprehend.

I've seen a few vids of that game, it seems like fun but it's been years since I played an FPS game and I'll probbaly suck.

Ariogaisus
08.05.2016, 15:32
What was the last game any of yous has played?

Maladiq
08.05.2016, 16:06

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Hellbilly
08.05.2016, 18:38

The original X-COM: Ufo Defense from the 90's. Of more recent games, Orcs Must Die 2, Mad Max and 7 Days To Die. I really can't be arsed to pay 40+ euros for a game that I might like and might provide me with more than five hours of entertainment, which seems to be the case with many modern titles these days. Thus, I usually snap up titles from sales on Gog or Steam.

Maladiq
08.05.2016, 18:46
Guys, can you recommend me some good comedy films? To give you an idea about my taste:

Good comedies:

Hot Fuzz
Shawn of the Dead
What we do in the shadows
Dale and Tucker vs Evil

Bad comedies, which I hate with all my heart:

Silver Linings Playbook
This is the end
Trainwreck

So go, do your best to entertain me.

catalinux
08.05.2016, 19:18
Just saw Father Goose, from 1964. I'm feeling too old for todays comedies.

p.s. good find that mushroom. I can see how it would provide longevity.

p.s. 2. good to see this forum up!

Maladiq
08.05.2016, 21:16
Zombie Land
The World's End (tavern?) - the same guys from Hot Fuzz + bilbo baggins
Monthy Python's Holy Grail movie

Those I have seen.

Airplane
Not exactly my type of comedie. Tried these spoofs and it just didn't do it for me.

Top Secret with Val Kilmer
Journey to the West

Thanks! I will try those and come back with an opinion. I recommend you watch What we do in the shadows, if you haven't already.

EDIT: also seen Wicker Man :p

Dino
08.05.2016, 21:25
Top Secret is in similar style to Airplane

Journey to the West is a chinese comedy.

In general I am not a huge fan of comedy.

Maladiq
08.05.2016, 21:47
Just saw Father Goose, from 1964. I'm feeling too old for todays comedies.

p.s. good find that mushroom. I can see how it would provide longevity.

p.s. 2. good to see this forum up!

Good to see you too §wink I'll check Father Goose as well.

Top Secret is in similar style to Airplane

Journey to the West is a chinese comedy.

In general I am not a huge fan of comedy.

Dang. Journey West i will check though. Hope it is not slapstick-y or raunchy. I prefer a more british type of comedy.

Hellbilly
09.05.2016, 07:28
If horror comedy is your thing, give Cabin Fever a try. It's less comical than Shaun, Zombieland, Dale & Tucker etc., but it's got plenty of comical bits. And I suppose both Ghostbusters movies are familiar, but I'm still gonna mention them.

Also, Grand Budapest Hotel. And the old BBC tv series adaptation of A Hitch-Hikers Guide To The Galaxy; very low budget, but manages to catch the spirit of the original material surprisingly well - eg. British comedy to the core!

Ariogaisus
09.05.2016, 18:24
Bad comedies, which I hate with all my heart:

Silver Linings Playbook

That was a comedy film?

I can only suggest TV series' such as Peep Show, The Inbetweeners, The IT Crowd and Black Books.
Although I haven't seen it, if you're into Simon Pegg and Nick Frost then Spaced would be a good shout.

Also, Grand Budapest Hotel.

+1

Maladiq
10.05.2016, 22:42
If horror comedy is your thing, give Cabin Fever a try. It's less comical than Shaun, Zombieland, Dale & Tucker etc., but it's got plenty of comical bits. And I suppose both Ghostbusters movies are familiar, but I'm still gonna mention them.

Also, Grand Budapest Hotel. And the old BBC tv series adaptation of A Hitch-Hikers Guide To The Galaxy; very low budget, but manages to catch the spirit of the original material surprisingly well - eg. British comedy to the core!

That was a comedy film?

I can only suggest TV series' such as Peep Show, The Inbetweeners, The IT Crowd and Black Books.
Although I haven't seen it, if you're into Simon Pegg and Nick Frost then Spaced would be a good shout.

+1

Will check out those.

Also, I just realized that my posts in WoP, combined, would result in pretty lengthy novel.

Dez
11.05.2016, 06:53
If the brittish comedy is even slightly your thing, I cannot praise enough Blackadder series (season 2, 3 and 4). It is one of the funniest series ever been made. I recommand skipping season 1 because the concept was quite different and not so funny.

As for slapstick comedies, I'm laughing my ass off for Leslie Nielsen. So naked gun trilogy is something I tend to watch in every few years and rewatching is the rarest thing for any comedy film. The guy is just downright hilarious. He delivers the material with that deadpan face...

Hellbilly
11.05.2016, 08:18
Whaaa? Whilst all seasons are great, I think the first season of Black Adder is without question the best.

Dez
11.05.2016, 09:39
Nope, I stand by what I wrote. Series 1 had some pretty funny moments, but it had more serious tone. Series 2, 3, and 4 were far funnier. When i was watching black adder season 1, I really didn't get why everyone was so fussy about it. I've rarely seen such a great leap in quality between first and second season.

One of the major differences between s1 and S2-4 is the chemistry between Edmund and Baldrick. In season 1 Edmund was the numskull while Baldrick's cunning plans actually were pretty cunning. In the later seasons they kind of reversed the roles.

in addition, season 2-4 had Hugh Laurie, Stephen fry and Miranda Richardson as regulars. So that may also explain the rise in comedic quality.

Hellbilly
11.05.2016, 10:54
You are right in that the cast does improve from season 2 onwards, and I can see why people might like the latter seasons more just because the roles of Baldrick and Edmund are reversed. I think that a large part of why I like the first season is Rowan Atkinsons' perfect portrayal of the petty, cowardly, treacherous weasel character. He pulls that role off perfectly!

...and you always find yourself happy that his plans are foiled, ha ha!

Kostaz
12.05.2016, 00:45
I'll also throw in a restrained recommendation of the Thin Blue line. After BlackAdder and that I found I much prefer Atkinson in speaking roles.

Maladiq
12.05.2016, 02:42
I'll have to go with Dez on this one. Really didn't like the first season of BA. It was too... predictive and silly. I just couldn't laugh at it. But the next seasons, man, those were perfection. Also, the specials. And needless to say, I cried like a baby at the ending of the fourth series.

I'll also throw in a restrained recommendation of the Thin Blue line. After BlackAdder and that I found I much prefer Atkinson in speaking roles.

Yes, thank you! Forgot about that little gem. Must watch it again. :D

Maladiq
16.05.2016, 06:03
GOD FRIGGIN DAMMIT!

That episode of GoT was EPIC! Wanna discuss it? (spoiler tags please).

warstrike
17.05.2016, 17:00
GOD FRIGGIN DAMMIT!

That episode of GoT was EPIC! Wanna discuss it? (spoiler tags please).

Happy to see Dany finally getting more army and power.That last scene was powerful.The "pink letter" was great and i can't wait for the bastardbowl

Does anyone watch Mr.Robot? Season 2 trailer is out ;-)

Maladiq
18.05.2016, 01:04
Happy to see Dany finally getting more army and power.That last scene was powerful.The "pink letter" was great and i can't wait for the bastardbowl

Maybe even a... Cleganebowl? :D

Tratos
18.05.2016, 09:25
If GoT were a RTS I'd say that Dany has enough troops to steamroll the map, almost. She needs good control over her dragons for they are her only siege at the moment. She also needs ships and to be able to sneak them into westeros. A ship blockade is probably the only way she can be effectively stopped at this point. Barring that and if siege isn't an issue I think her 100k dothraki and 7.5k unsullied have got it.

I hope Jorah makes it, kinda like that guy.

Ariogaisus
20.05.2016, 14:48
I'm still waiting for that fucking book, Martin.

Maladiq
20.05.2016, 16:01
I'm still waiting for that fucking book, Martin.

It is coming this year :p

@Tratos:
And two breasts to rule them all :grinundwe

Hellbilly
21.05.2016, 19:21

...or not. I wouldn't hold my breath. I mean, it wouldn't be exactly the first time he's postponed a release date, eh?

Ariogaisus
21.05.2016, 19:53

Hah!
The whole situation with the book is a mess, which is unfortunate for the ones, such as I, that don't enjoy the tele adaptation.

Dez
21.05.2016, 22:12
Its ready when it is ready. There is no need to rush these kind of things.

By the way, there is little trafic here. Maybe WoE and Piranha bytes could plan some competation together when the game release date is closer.

And good prices too, like few copies of Elex.

Hellbilly
22.05.2016, 16:38
Its ready when it is ready. There is no need to rush these kind of things.

Except when the author is 60+ years old and he's said there's a couple of 1500-page volumes (or something to that effect) left of the series... he isn't going to live forever, y'know... :p

Ravenhearth
22.05.2016, 17:39
Especially if he's in danger of eating himself to death §ugly

Maladiq
22.05.2016, 17:58
Except when the author is 60+ years old and he's said there's a couple of 1500-page volumes (or something to that effect) left of the series... he isn't going to live forever, y'know... :p

Since he likes torturing his fans so much, I am sure he will finish the books and state in his will that the last book has to be published in 2050 at the earliest. :D

Ariogaisus
22.05.2016, 18:38
Mark my words, it's going to end up like The Wheel of Time series with a "renowned fantasy author" finishing the bloody thing.
'cept Robert Jordan never took ten years to finish one of his books.

Maladiq
22.05.2016, 18:49
Just so we're safe, a warning: as you of course know, piracy is a very serious thing and World of Players has a zero-tolerance policy towards it. So, in light of the recent leak of episode 5, I will have to take administrative action against any plot-related discussions about it earlier than its official release tomorrow morning.

Ariogaisus
22.05.2016, 18:55
Has anyone here seen Peaky Blinders?

Maladiq
23.05.2016, 08:39
Man, episode 5 of GoT was bad. Bad script, bad direction. Such a disappointment.

Tratos
23.05.2016, 22:10
Hold the door! I hope we won't need to board the train to feeladelphia. Who knows, maybe we can have fun without anyone dying for a while, eh?

rockfest
25.05.2016, 09:58
Well now, hello to everyone. I guess we're all a bit older and wiser by now. Nice to see so many familiar faces around here, I'll have to read upon what everyone did (went only through the 1st page).

What's new for me:
Just recently I got my first kid born (boy). Yeey to sleepless nights.
Changed jobs (not so interesting). Although I did changed my scope of work somehow. Moved into operations on large infrastructures for a (relatively) big company (one of their pieces is on this forum as well).
Moved to PS4 for casual gaming. Skyrim, The Witcher and the likes kept me busy from time to time. Never managed to replay some Gothic sadly. What's even more sadly is that I never even tried the latest Risen games.
From time to time I got some PM's asking about WoG-eng and everytime I kind of replied the same thing (try Risen or the german part). I did had some thoughts of trying to reopen it, at least for the OT part but ... well, it just didn't happen.

Will try to stick around and see what's happening.

PS: Who's running the english version of the website this time? Oh nevermind, seems I still have some internal access and see Maladiq talking about it in it :D Good luck mate.
PS2: Oh yeah, I'm excited about Elex from the first bits of info which surfaced around here. Hoping to see it become as good as the Gothic games.

Maladiq
25.05.2016, 10:38
Welcome back, wanderer! Grab a beer and sit down, have a nice chat with us! §prost

Congratulations on the baby! What is his name? Do share some pics with us! Is it hard being a parent? At least now you can exchange parenting advice with Hellbilly.

Have you at least tried Risen 1? Best one in the series I would say.

Yes, the forum activity is much lower, that is why I created the Facebook page and YouTube channel, both titled World of Piranha Bytes. We try to attract members that way.

Thanks for the kind wishes! Webmastering, admining, moderating and planning stuff is not that easy. Too bad we don't have the large, tight community we once had. At least no more spam attacks from those who shall not be named? That has to be a plus :D

Well, keep an eye out, we have all the latest news and bits, and check our youtube videos for original content and commentary.

Hellbilly
25.05.2016, 10:53
Congratulations on the baby! What is his name? Do share some pics with us! Is it hard being a parent? At least now you can exchange parenting advice with Hellbilly.

With 5.5 years of experience, I have this to say: it helps if you have a well-stocked liquor cabinet. Come to think of it, that helps for almost any problem you might experience except for alcoholism, and it helps for that too in the sense that it's easier to ignore such distasteful thoughts when drunk.

rockfest
25.05.2016, 14:35
Welcome back, wanderer! Grab a beer and sit down, have a nice chat with us! §prost

Have you at least tried Risen 1? Best one in the series I would say.

Mihai and I'm trying to keep him off the social media wagon until he's old enough to choose what appears online :p
Hard? I wouldn't say so. Actually it's hard to describe in a single adjective the first period with a new baby. It's not hard, just difficult?

Risen 1 yes but that's what I mean by recent Risen games (I think 2 and 3). I really enjoyed 1, gave 2 a small chance but didn't managed to get hooked on it and 3 I never even installed it.

Dino
26.05.2016, 19:54
it helps if you have a well-stocked liquor cabinet. Come to think of it, that helps for almost any problem you might experience.

Amen to that.

Maladiq
26.05.2016, 21:22
Amen to that.

Dunno, I just went drinking tonight, and I am even more depressed than I was before drinking. I guess drinking alone, or drinking with people who make you feel alone, doesn't help too much. At least in my case.

rockfest
27.05.2016, 17:29
Dunno, I just went drinking tonight, and I am even more depressed than I was before drinking. I guess drinking alone, or drinking with people who make you feel alone, doesn't help too much. At least in my case.
The trick to it is to never stop drinking. That way depression doesn't kick in.
Also helps with post drinking illness and general hangover. Why try meds, jogging, juices or all that other crap that just makes you throw up? Pick up the bottle again and it takes away all your pain.

In reality (and I don't want to sound like an old fart but it's the truth) this is a young man's game. I wouldn't have the stomach to do this anymore.

PS: Meh, daddy instincts kick in, drink responsible from the beginning :p

Maladiq
27.05.2016, 19:08
As you guys might have noticed, we our forum theme got a small facelift! :D

Maladiq
28.05.2016, 18:13
Hmm, just a quick question for you guys. How come nobody seems to want to discuss Elex? :dnuhr:

Hellbilly
28.05.2016, 20:03
In reality (and I don't want to sound like an old fart but it's the truth) this is a young man's game. I wouldn't have the stomach to do this anymore.

I'm older than you (IIRC), and I ain't got no problem. :p Well, not quite true: people have told me lately that my problem is I drink too much. Also, in truth, alcohol actually causes depression more than it prevents it; the effect of alcohol is basically the opposite of SSRI medicines.

Hmm, just a quick question for you guys. How come nobody seems to want to discuss Elex? :dnuhr:

Honestly, a few previews and such don't inspire me to discuss it that much. I check them out, but there's nothing much there to inspire a lot of talk. I'm waiting for the game to come out and actual in-game footage, and playing the game of course.

Maladiq
28.05.2016, 20:23
Honestly, a few previews and such don't inspire me to discuss it that much. I check them out, but there's nothing much there to inspire a lot of talk. I'm waiting for the game to come out and actual in-game footage, and playing the game of course.

Meh, I guess that just shows how much a publisher's policies and demands can affect the relationship between a developer and their communities.

Also, lay off the drinking, you can't deprive your son of the pleasure of torturing you as a teenager :p

Dino
29.05.2016, 06:35

There's hardly anything to go off. A few photos of the exterior of a car don't give too much information to the buyer. Maybe when we get a look under the hood and take it for a spin there'd be more to talk about.

Maladiq
30.05.2016, 10:39
Ok, so I am getting reaaaaly old. What I discovered after one year of owning a new laptop, with an AMD GPU, is that it is not enough to install the driver (like the good old days), you have to access some obscure settings in the driver and tell it to use the goddamn Radeon GPU when playing games, not the default Intel Graphics.

Also, I finally cracked and updated to Windows 10. Love it. It is ugly as sin, but incredibly fast. :A

Hellbilly
30.05.2016, 10:57
Back when I was a kid, our games came on cassette tapes and took 30-45 minutes to load... :p

I went ahead and installed Win10 as well. Didn't see a major performance increase (or decrease), but the menu is nicer. I guess that's pretty much all of the major changes I've noticed so far, ha.

.†.MikeL.†.
31.05.2016, 15:53
Drinking relaxes me. Especially when I'm alone. Two 50 ml shots is the optimal amount for me. Anything more than 100 ml, maybe 150 if I feel like shit, is suboptimal.
Getting drunk is something I have lost the desire for. Maybe because I'm no longer 20 or maybe because I don't see the point in it anymore.

Is it just me or does that sound waay too little?
When I drink I go for heavy stuff like Vodka with Lemonade/Redbull (50/50), or scotch with cola (again 50/50) lately I was going for driving lessons (been driving for years but without a License) and we got friendly with my teacher, after every session we sat down and drunk since it was always late at night due to my working schedule. That little habbit actually got me hooked and now I have a bottle of Vodka and Lemonade next to my PC the entire time, I drink cause I enjoy it though not to drawn any problems of any sort, thankfully almost all my problems got away when I found the job I currently have which made me realise that the only reason I ever felt down was the lack of cash in my pockets.

P.S.
<--Why am I a girl? o.O

Maladiq
31.05.2016, 16:38
Apparently closing WoG got everyone drinking too much :p

<--Why am I a girl? o.O

A forum template bug. Should be fixed soon. If you dislike it with a passion, set your gender as undisclosed in your profile.

catalinux
01.06.2016, 20:26
I hope the magic will be good in Elex. I haven't seen any improvement regarding the melee fighting, and the fire weapons I suspect to behave at least weird. The jetpack will be abused by so many, for sure. Will we get any crafting and alike? Will we have something else to do in the game beside fighting and doing this and that for some NPC?

Getting drunk has become more a philosophical thing for me.

one-cool
05.06.2016, 12:42
Oh jeez, so many faces :D

Maladiq
05.06.2016, 13:12
Oh jeez, so many faces :D

Oooo, welcome, welcome! So.. what's up? :D

Tratos
06.06.2016, 22:36
Windows10 seems nice overall, a couple of extra menus that you really shouldn't need to be there, Cortana and her snoopy-as-fuck terms of service which made me go "nope" the moment I saw it. Only issue is that the laptop hangs for like 2 mins during the boot section and it seems like it's not really loading. Then, after a metaphorical pinch it actually picks up, screen goes black and comes on again, you start hearing the whizz of the HDD LED, the occasional slowdown of that spinning circle of circles - this whole new segment getting it over with in a reasonable amount of time. Then it's all fine from that point. Beats me if I can explain that initial comatose.

Try to moderate my drinking as much as I can. Got one more year in uni so I need to pull through. Lately though I find that unpleasant memories found a way to sneak back into the conscious part of the brain, where they're not welcome. Used to be easy to forget, but now it's alcohol that takes the edge off. I'm still young by modern demographic standards, as are most of you guys, but I can see those traits I used to associate with the "parents" generation starting to creep in.

.†.MikeL.†.
14.06.2016, 20:52
I just came back from the Warcraft movie and I've got only one thing to say:

Holy.Fucking.Shit.

Growing up with that franchise I've got to say that it does it justice. I went in dry and came out wet.

It probably wouldn't make much sense to people who are unfamiliar with Warcraft though.

I see that all reviews put it on higher than antcipated regard, I might give it a shot. Last movie I watched on cinema was Cpt. America Civil War and I was blown apart.

Maladiq
14.06.2016, 21:56
Last movie I watched on cinema was Cpt. America Civil War and I was blown apart.

Mneah, X-Men: Apocalypse was superior in every regard.

warstrike
23.06.2016, 10:17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkUU3roBHYs

Winds of Winter soundtrack is epic !

Zeri0n
09.07.2016, 13:53
So, after almost a month of not being able to log in, because I forgot my password, I'm in. How? Played an old game and saw old cheat code for it. Yes, that cheat code was my password, how original

I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK :D

One question, why are most of us tagged as female?

.†.MikeL.†.
09.07.2016, 20:09
So, after almost a month of not being able to log in, because I forgot my password, I'm in. How? Played an old game and saw old cheat code for it. Yes, that cheat code was my password, how original

Marvin?

Dino
11.07.2016, 19:04
@Zeri0n: We decided we've had enough of this patriarchy and went for a gender swap.

@Mike: Nah, probably something from Starcraft, Warcraft 3 or Age of Empires. Or for all I know Jazz Jack Rabbit, or the conami code.

Ariogaisus
17.07.2016, 20:34
Can anyone recommend any good British tele?

Hellbilly
30.07.2016, 10:55
For a nice stealth game - in the true Thief-vein, but with a bit more action - I'd recommend Styx. Grabbed it in Steam's summer sale, and was quite satisfied with it for that price. I enjoy stealth games quite a lot, the need to observe, plan and find alternate routes through crowded areas is fun counterweight to action games. Speaking of which, started playing Saints Row The Third which I bought off some old GoG sale... there's a fun little GTA clone.

Yavanna
02.08.2016, 21:16
Oh, nice! Even more familiar faces. 'ello!

Also it's nice to see more Elex art and screenshots since there wasn't much to go on last time I sketched something for it.

Does anyone watch Mr.Robot? Season 2 trailer is out ;-)
I'm watching Mr. Robot. I must say that I totally did not expect that twist in season 1.

Just recently I got my first kid born (boy). Yeey to sleepless nights.
Congratz! It's almost hard to believe, you know? I guess that time really does fly. =)

I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK :D
One question, why are most of us tagged as female?
LOL! Welcome back! I couldn't remember my pass either. Luckily I did after a few tries. xD
Maybe you're all tagged as female because you've all been secretly female this whole time? D:

rockfest
03.08.2016, 07:35
Oh, nice! Even more familiar faces. 'ello!

Congratz! It's almost hard to believe, you know? I guess that time really does fly. =)
Oh yes it does. From the note you used it sounds like you also went through it? :D

Yavanna
03.08.2016, 14:38
Nope! Hence why it's almost hard to believe when others mention kids. XD

Ariogaisus
06.08.2016, 22:29
I still can't believe I got my avatar back.

Hellbilly
13.08.2016, 10:19
No Man's Sky on PC. Anyone else tried it yet? Seems like a lot of people are having performance problems, but it runs perfectly all maxed out on my PC, so I'm lucky. Very rough around the edges with especially controller configuration and support problems, but it does what it promised to do quite well, eg. exploration in space and planetside, but there's not much else "game" in there at least for now.

Powaz
07.01.2017, 12:22
I see I missed the reunion.

rekinu
30.01.2017, 12:50
Good to see familiar faces!

Speaking of changing and getting older, here's a quick update on myself: I've been living in Ireland for the last 5 years, got engaged but no babies yet (congrats rockfest!) and looking to buy a house!

I played the old republic for a few months when it first came out, before quitting due to its annoying repetitiveness.

Played risen 1 and felt PB tried to go back to basics but only succeeding in a small portion. I enjoyed it, but was not entirely satisfied :)

Haven't played the rest of risens though. Are they worth it?

I played mass effect 1, but I haven't finished it! I think I stopped just before going to the final planet where the final showdown would have happened. I don't know, I just didn't feel it enough.

Maybe I haven't tried the right games, I just wasn't satisfied so far. Any suggestions? I'm thinking of trying the witcher series, farcry primal and dark souls. Are they worth it?

Also my spare time is filled with watching TV series and losing money on the stock market 😃 if only I had a good game to get stuck in!

der hofnarr
17.02.2017, 13:45
17 days without a post! I must change this :D. Well, want to give a special information. This is the next big thing on youtube!
firemagicians theme! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FvFN1rMqBM)

Enjoy it and make a like! :)

The Ore Baron
17.02.2017, 19:13
Pretty damn good :)

I'd 'like' it, if I had a YouTube account.

Ariogaisus
17.02.2017, 19:27
Anything related to the Gothic series is quite depressingly dead.

Colm Corbec
18.02.2017, 09:41

"That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die"

Nah, I'd say Gothic is pretty much alive and doing well. Even without the help of Piranha Bytes.

der hofnarr
18.02.2017, 16:51
Pretty damn good :)

I'd 'like' it, if I had a YouTube account.
Thank you very much!

Believe me, this is not true. I have a second piece of music in my pocket, but the video is not finished yet. Bottom up!

"That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die"

Nah, I'd say Gothic is pretty much alive and doing well. Even without the help of Piranha Bytes.
Yes, yes, yes!

Dez
26.04.2017, 20:26
This place for sure feels like a graveyard. I know I haven't be active either, but seriously what the heck has happened to this place?

IMO it was an huge mistake when world of gothic english forums (WoG) were closed. Those were darn popular. Then the activity began declining slowly and look where we are now.

ps. nice to see you Rekiniku. :)

Risen 1 is great and you should definitely try it. Feel very gothicy. Risen 2 and Risen 3 are quite different and less memorable.

rockfest
28.04.2017, 14:29
This place for sure feels like a graveyard. I know I haven't be active either, but seriously what the heck has happened to this place?

IMO it was an huge mistake when world of gothic english forums (WoG) were closed. Those were darn popular. Then the activity began declining slowly and look where we are now.

There were too few people active on them and less than that interested in maintaining the place clean. The german speaking users had even less interest to moderate an english speaking forum (not meant as disrespect, it's a choice and I respect it) so it had to be closed.

I guess social media and more interactive means of communication have kind of took a toll on forums plus the new generations have even less interest in them. The older generations either don't have the time or ... who knows? Reasons can vary for each person.

Dez
28.04.2017, 17:27
I guess social media and more interactive means of communication have kind of took a toll on forums plus the new generations have even less interest in them. The older generations either don't have the time or ... who knows? Reasons can vary for each person.

If you ask me, 95 % of the social media is crap and should be ignored. Sure I have a facebook account to keep in touch with friends and a linkedIn profile for the work stuff, but otherwise, I don't really see much use for it. Social media is not a good replacement for a discussion forum.

rockfest
28.04.2017, 21:06
If you ask me, 95 % of the social media is crap and should be ignored. Sure I have a facebook account to keep in touch with friends and a linkedIn profile for the work stuff, but otherwise, I don't really see much use for it. Social media is not a good replacement for a discussion forum.

Sure. I agree. I feel exactly the same way but we grew up without all of these. We had dial-up, waiting ages for a page to load, it's only normal to want as much content as possible after waiting a good few seconds (and I do mean a few good ones).

Ever since Twitter came out, things changed. They introduced the tweets trend and that brought a shift in mentality. Everything must be fast, small or as little as possible. Heck, Twitter's max character limit is probably smaller than the forum's minimum character limit (maybe exaggerating here).
It's also related to screens. It fits perfectly with the vast majority of screens being ~5 in. nowadays. You will want as little content as possible but delivered as fast as possible.

It even got so lazy that it's not about writing anymore. Like, Dislike, Thumbs Up etc. If it's click-able or touch-able once it's perfect.

Shall I go on? Why move? If you can speak it, it's even better (Alexa, Siri, Bixby etc)

Can you guess what's next? Just think it and it's done (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain–computer_interface).

PS: I feel old after writing this *sigh*

The Ore Baron
22.05.2017, 22:17
This place is quiet af. I guess it will be like this until Elex comes out.
I wouldn't bet on it. From what I remember, when Risen 3 came out, there was very little discussion going on. Everyone seemed to forget about the game soon after finishing it.
Here's hoping ELEX manages to capture our hearts better than that.

Danutz_plusplus
08.06.2017, 19:01
By Joe, WOG is alive again? I just randomly stumbled on here, due to some nostalgia from the good years spend on WoG, and what do I see?
Almost everyone is still around. Great to see you all! How have you all been doing? Oh, the feelings are coming back! :D

Time to read up on this thread, as it seems to have plenty of goodness! :D

Khaled
16.10.2017, 14:36
Hi y'all!

Mmm.. gald to see some peanuts left around 'ere..

Dino
20.04.2018, 22:13
Boom, necro =D

The Ore Baron
21.04.2018, 22:05
*shakes off dust*

What year is this?

Dino
03.04.2019, 19:16
*shakes off dust*

What year is this?

It was 2018 when you wrote that.

It is 2019 now.

addo
22.09.2019, 22:07
It's okay to be gay :D. Anyone this is nostalgic, I never participated much in wog but I was a big time lurker.

Dino
21.05.2021, 21:30
It was 2018 when you wrote that.

It is 2019 now.

2021 omegalul

The Ore Baron
17.01.2022, 23:58
2022 §wink

Still going strong $§p4

Ravenhearth
20.01.2022, 16:21
§prost