PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : I need help modding Gothic 1

Markaine
19.07.2006, 13:02
hey all, I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. So sorry if I overlooked something.

I'm trying to mod:

The restrictions for the amount of rings you can wear.

The Grindstone, so you can make more than one weapon.

The controls so that you don't have to press forward+action, just one click like Gothic 2.

How fast the player can run.

If any of this has been done, please just let me know. Its been driving me mad.

I want to be able to use animal trophies for some weapons(grindstone), like teeth+this+that=spiked brass knuckles(ring restrictions) or other parts for like a shadowbeast horn spear.

Zaratul
19.07.2006, 13:11
Welcome to our comunity!

This (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=104) is our editig forum and there U can get all the help U need! And feel free to post there in English! ;)

WernerTWC
19.07.2006, 14:44
Hi Markaine and §welcome to the forum!

Before you go to the german forum, which is surley also an option, be first a little bit patient, some of the experts over there are also looking in this forum.

Sorry, i can't help you, but we have in here some modding-related threads, maybe you find in them something of interesst while you wait for answers in here.

Click:

Basic Gothic modding thread (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=91796)

Editing - All about scrpiting, leveldesign and compiling (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=88383)

[compendium] Developing a Gothic-Mod (sure for a long time in progress ;)) (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=124171)

rockfest
19.07.2006, 17:11
The restrictions for the amount of rings you can wear.

That's implemented in the engine afaik. No modification can be made to this option.(maybe someone can correct me if i'm wrong)

The Grindstone, so you can make more than one weapon.

That will require only some script editing(if the function is already added in the mob).
Dunno for G1(don't have the G1MDK installed) but for G2 you can find the necessary scripts in ..\Dialog_mobsis folder. sleepabit, MakeRune, etc
Try to find something like that in the folders of the G1 scripts.
Btw, some medium Daedalus scripting language skills are required.

The controls so that you don't have to press forward+action, just one click like Gothic 2.

Ahm...again, afaik it's in the engine.

How fast the player can run.

darn...a good question. If someone else won't answer i will have to research a little. But imo it's from the engine(yeah...i know, sounds lame).

I want to be able to use animal trophies for some weapons(grindstone), like teeth+this+that=spiked brass knuckles(ring restrictions) or other parts for like a shadowbeast horn spear.

Like i said, that is easy enough.

I.e for G2(dunno what weapon is made here) :

instance PC_WEAPON_1H_Harad_04(C_Info)
{
npc = PC_Hero;
condition = PC_WEAPON_1H_Harad_04_Condition;
information = PC_WEAPON_1H_Harad_04_Info;
permanent = TRUE;
};

func int PC_WEAPON_1H_Harad_04_Condition()
{
if((PLAYER_MOBSI_PRODUCTION == MOBSI_SmithWeapon) && (PLAYER_TALENT_SMITH[WEAPON_1H_Harad_04] == TRUE) && (Normalwaffen == TRUE))
{
return TRUE;
};
};

func void PC_WEAPON_1H_Harad_04_Info()
{
CreateInvItems(hero,ItMw_ElBastardo,1);
Print(PRINT_SmithSuccess);
b_endproductiondialog();
Normalwaffen = FALSE;
};

Now you can play with this instance as much as you can. Rename it, substitute the necessary parameters.
And add some conditionals in the main function(the void one) like

if (Npc_HasItems(hero,[Name of the Item]) >= [Number of items]) {
}

Hope that you understand this. If not, use the links that Werner posted.

Markaine
19.07.2006, 21:04
Yeah, I figured some of this stuff was in the engine.(mdk not sdk...)

I couldn't find any ..\Dialog_mobsis type stuff but I'll check again, maybe in the folder with files starting of with DIA or something like that. I thought I'd only get to mod the grindstone stuff through spacer. I hope not, ain't that familiar with it yet.
Yeah,I just need to find where the grindstone and alchemy bench files are.

I added a use function to the lab flask to make my potion, if I have all the alchemaic items in my inventory. Just having fun testing stuff out...

Thanks for the welcomes and replies guys.

rockfest
19.07.2006, 22:12
I couldn't find any ..\Dialog_mobsis type stuff but I'll check again, maybe in the folder with files starting of with DIA or something like that. I thought I'd only get to mod the grindstone stuff through spacer. I hope not, ain't that familiar with it yet.

DIA_* are dialogues files. The scripts you want resemble a little with dialogues but they're not.
Sorry cause i can't help you. Have dial-up atm and can't download the G1MDK.

But basicaly you got the idea and that's good. ;)

I added a use function to the lab flask to make my potion, if I have all the alchemaic items in my inventory. Just having fun testing stuff out...

*g* funny one :D

Edit :
Found the G1MDK on my PC :D but geez in G1 those scripts are really messy put. At least imo.
Anyway, found only the sleepabit function. As for smithing, alchemy and other actions that require some sort of output...nothing. Dunno exactly where they could be.

Markaine
20.07.2006, 13:22
I loaded up Spacer and saw some stuff, requirements for using things,(grindstone/Alchemy bench) So Yeah, to make more than one item might be a pain.
Its not like G2, where a message pops up to ask what you want to make, as soon as you use the grindstone the crude sword gets added to inventory.

I knew I should have tried to mod G2, but I don't have NOTR and can't read German.

Thanks again Rockfest, for going through all that for me.
I love this forum.:D

rockfest
20.07.2006, 13:58
Hey...that doesn't mean to quit :p

You can still do it like in G2. *waiting to load the spacer §gnah *
ok, basicaly in G2 at Mobs you have the onStateFunc property. You can look at it like a caller to a daedalus function when the mob is activated by a NPC. If the anvil doesn't call any function you will have to make the adjustments.

All you have to do is build those functions. Could seem hard but it's not really. Like i said, sleepabit(if you look at the spacer at the bed mobs you will see that this function is called onState) is already made(in the ..\Events folder iirc).

Now just build a script file (Smithweapon.d to keep the same names i.e) and add a void function that checks if the NPC that uses the mob is the hero and if so then making him invicible and start processing infos.

Then make some dialogue instances, etc you can manage next.

PS : The name of the function called in the onState property of a MOB should be : [name]_s1() . In your case : smithweapon_s1(). And in the spacer ignore that _s1 part.