PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic Discussion

adrian93
21.05.2006, 11:32
Who played KOTOR?
And what are your opinions about it?
I think KOTOR 1 and 2 are great i hope there will be a kotor 3.
The first time i played KOTOR i said to myself that this game is super cool so i was eager to get the second part.
When i got the second part i was very happy and barely had patience to install it.Finnaly i played the game and was amazed how cool it was.
But what are your opinions about the game.

[Spawn]
21.05.2006, 12:39
Well, I've only played KotOR2 Great story, great characters, everything was just amazing, EXCEPT the fighting system etc. I never thought that the game could be so good, even with that kind of fighting system. Well, it wasn't that bat. I guess it takes some time to get used to it.

But some people here say that KotOR is even better than the second one. I should get it in a few days, then we'll see. ^^

btw, I really liked Kreia's personality and character. One of my favorite characters from PC games.

adrian93
21.05.2006, 12:51
']Well, I've only played KotOR2 Great story, great characters, everything was just amazing, EXCEPT the fighting system etc. I never thought that the game could be so good, even with that kind of fighting system. Well, it wasn't that bat. I guess it takes some time to get used to it.

But some people here say that KotOR is even better than the second one. I should get it in a few days, then we'll see. ^^

btw, I really liked Kreia's personality and character. One of my favorite characters from PC games.
Both games are excellent you will see that when you get KOTOR 1.
You will find them both excellent.

Colonelu
21.05.2006, 14:29
Well i played both, Kotor 1 and Kotor 2 and like them alot. But i like more Kotor 1 than 2 and my favorite thing in the game is creating a lightsaber :)

adrian93
21.05.2006, 15:33
Well i played both, Kotor 1 and Kotor 2 and like them alot. But i like more Kotor 1 than 2 and my favorite thing in the game is creating a lightsaber :)
Yes i also like to make lightsabers many of them

Rashnu
21.05.2006, 16:07
Who played KOTOR?
And what are your opinions about it?
I think KOTOR 1 and 2 are great [...] i said to myself that this game is super cool [...] and was amazed how cool it was.
But what are your opinions about the game.

Starting a discussion and asking for opinions is a primary purpose of this forum. I'm all for it. :)

What amazes me is the lack of anything that can be seriously considered an opinion. Stating that s.th. is great or cool alone isn't much of an opinion. $zuck Why is it cool? What makes it great? I take it you have learned in school how to form an opinion and transport that impression to the audience or the readers.

Tell us s.th. about your impressions. How did you like the story, the characters, the dialogue, the voices, the places, the graphics, the interface. Anything is better than nothing. That is what makes a discussion. If you aren't able or willing to contribute then it might be better to say nothing at all.

@aditu: my posting is not aimed at you specifically. It's a general rule that applies to all. I quoted you only because you started the thread.

Edit: link (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?p=1999767&#post1999767) to my opinion about KOTOR2 (very short version). ;)

adrian93
21.05.2006, 16:19
The story in my opinion was great the characters the enviroment seemed real.
The game gives a unique feeling like your there in star wars universe.
The voices were great i mean the voices didn't repeated therselfs like in gothic.
The combat system was quite ok.
In short the game is worth playng it gives you a great feeling while playng.

Colonelu
21.05.2006, 16:32
Ok then:
The graphics were so so but consider good, gameplay is extrordanary i really like it, the dialogs i dont remember quite well :D , the places make you consider that you are in a unique world like an world that is more different than Terra, the caracters were also good but i didint like that the hero doesent speak but they maked the Npc's like it the movie and last the combat system wasnt so good but i liked the schemes that the hero was doing :)

.†.MikeL.†.
21.05.2006, 18:57
I played KOTOR both of them and I finished the second when I played the first I was bored so I never finished it:rolleyes:
It is a good RPG with detailed quests and lots of fights(the fighting system is very nice):D

Archibal
21.05.2006, 19:10
Played Kotor 1 and 2
I think Kotor 1 is better,
Found some nice mods for the games like Reign of The Sith and many more.A year ago I was a Huge star wars fan, I have all the mouvies and I used to post on star wars forums....now those were the days....:)

Ast3r
21.05.2006, 19:43
I like KOTOR1 and KOTOR2.But I don't like that the player dosen't have the freedom to wander the worlds(planets) like in Gothic.

GOTHIC BEST GAME§danke §danke §danke

ArmyOfOne
22.05.2006, 23:32
KOTOR 1 i think is better, pretty much because its a longer story with an incredible plot. Just wait till you're near the end :)

KOTOR 2 made some gameplay changes that made it alot better however the game was too short, especially compared to KOTOR 1. The plot/story in KOTOR 2 was too straight forward. I think it acts as a good expansion to KOTOR 1... thats it.

Zaratul
24.05.2006, 11:09
My brother is big fan of KotOR, and even managed to interest me in that game - I gues I`ll try it! :)

snakefaster
26.07.2006, 20:22
I dont know how many new threads about games ive been done but i think that this is more popular... So i want to know everything when i wake up tomorroe il post some more info bout my playin stile...

Asta la vista...

Il see ya all tomorrow:D

Jono
26.07.2006, 22:21
Glad you liked them, but there won't be a KOTOR 3.

snakefaster
27.07.2006, 08:01
Plz people ignore my last post...
I just yesterday got this game and from the first cutscene i knew that i like it...

and men its hard to get bast of rancor after i rescued Zaalbar can someone help plz and i cant kill that beast :confused: its really hard im lvl 6 now and i have companion Zaalbar and Mission Vao theyr both lvl 5...
So all players who haved playd this game help plz...

eXecutioner
27.07.2006, 14:49
Ok, I'll help you. You will have a blast killing that thing. Use grenades and trow them at him. Trow one grenade than run to the exit. Trow another and do the same. When you are near the exit (the one you came from) he stops chasing you.

snakefaster
27.07.2006, 17:58
Actually ive done it myself and now im off to s**t base...No i mean sith base:D
And i habe problems with defeating some sith colonel or commander dunno but anyway thx anyway

eXecutioner
28.07.2006, 10:14
At that point it should pe simple to kill the sith governor. BTW do you play as light sided or dark sided?

Rashnu
31.07.2006, 02:17
can someone help plz and i cant kill that beast :confused: its really hard im lvl 6 now and i have companion Zaalbar and Mission Vao theyr both lvl 5...

Use grenades and trow them at him. Trow one grenade than run to the exit. Trow another and do the same.

When I was playing the game the rancor was no challenge at all - no matter what level you were. The cry for help and the unorthodox answer both reveal that you haven't paid attention to the clues the game offers in overcoming seemingly unsurmountable obstacles.

You can kill the rancor the easy way without much risk of death. Put your character on Solo Mode (the Back button), and walk over to the corpse pile not too far from the entrance to the room. It's right in the middle. You won't bother the Rancor this far away so you won't need to go stealth. Activate the pile, take the items inside, and activate it again. Press the X button to Give Items to the pile. Give it the grenade of your choice. The window will close. Now activate it again, and give it the "Synthesized Odor" you found on the severed arm earlier for 200xp. Watch and enjoy.

Khaled
31.07.2006, 07:05
I don't like SW...I don't like KotOR and I don't like nothing that is in relation with SW...:D . When a friend of mine was playing SW:KotOR I was fighting with him so I can make him play Gothic and let down KotOR..I evetually succeded

Danutz_plusplus
31.07.2006, 08:13
I don't like SW...I don't like KotOR and I don't like nothing that is in relation with SW...:D . When a friend of mine was playing SW:KotOR I was fighting with him so I can make him play Gothic and let down KotOR..I evetually succeded

Kotor is a lot different from the original SW. Firstly the story is way before any of the events in the SW movies. And it is a great RPG. I for one really enjoyed it. The story is really really nice, with lots of twists and turns.
The first one has a very nice twist towards the end of the game. You find out that you are Revan. I really enjoyed this, and I never suspected it.

Khaled
31.07.2006, 11:22
I know the story..:D...but I don't like nothing that is in connection with SW...no offence Lucas and other Jedi on this forum..:p

snakefaster
31.07.2006, 11:38
I search for Star Forge now (no need to help me)=).

And Khaled@ I like star wars but i dont take offence because im a sith lord:D

eXecutioner
31.07.2006, 11:56
Yeah, I play with the dark side too. I finished Taris, Dantoine, Koribban, Kashyik and I'm currently on Manann, but soon it's Tatoinne.

snakefaster
01.08.2006, 17:38
Ive have changeing sides Sry master Executioner...but it isnt to late for you also plz master change sides...

"May the force be with you"
Obi-Wan or Master Yoda sayd that once ...

Im lvl 15 soldier but you eXecutioner

eXecutioner
02.08.2006, 16:24
Curently I uninstalled my KotOR game. I still have the saves on e-mail and will re-install it once I get rid off Icewind Dale :). I think I'm addicted.

But to answer your question:

Im lvl 15 soldier but you eXecutioner

I think I was at level 13 to 14, but I could have been higher tough.

"May the force be with you"
Obi-Wan or Master Yoda sayd that once ...

Actually more Jedy say those words.

darthmajor
03.08.2006, 21:28
Ahh, Kotor!
One of the first RPGs I've ever played, the first I finished. The story was great, the characters, voices, gameplay, everything near perfection - it addicted me to Role-Playing. When I found out about the second game i knew i had to have it. It was both a pleasant and unpleasant surprise - about 3/4-s of the game are far superior to the first (mainly the story) but the end was terribly rushed. Obsidian showed great potential so i eagerly await Neverwinter Nights 2!

@army
05.08.2006, 21:50
I really like SW Knights of the Old Republic series and some rumours say that the 3. installment will be out some day also.But now nobody`s working on that game.
I´d like to know if some of you also play/have played this game, your likes and dislikes.

WernerTWC
06.08.2006, 03:37
I really like SW Knights of the Old Republic series and some rumours say that the 3. installment will be out some day also.But now nobody`s working on that game.
I´d like to know if some of you also play/have played this game, your likes and dislikes.
Kotor 3 would be great if they learned from the mistakes they did in kotor2! Besides that some more freedom in the game would be cool,... anyway,... for me in kotor the story is very important, kotor2 was boring in that point,... imho a kotor3 has a potential from worse to one of the greatest game ever (except g3 of course :p ).

BTW.: Thread moved to peanuts.

snakefaster
06.08.2006, 07:46
Werner in freedom you mean wat:confused: ...

theres a 2 kind of freedom in Kotor or other rpg`s...
1)is that where you can travel between planets but theres a small land in each planet...
2)ther lot of freedom travel between houses and stuff like that

@army
06.08.2006, 10:43
Well the story in KOTOR 1 and 2 was to linear imo.You had more or less 1 major goal and you couldn`t just do what you wanted(only small miniquests).But overall the game ruled with its special characters and fighting etc.

WernerTWC
06.08.2006, 15:02
Werner in freedom you mean wat:confused: ...

I mean that when i play the most bad guy of the universe and a little worker talks disrespectful to me,... what would "normaly" a bad guy do, kill the worker or pay the fees for "parking" my starship? ;)

Zaratul
07.08.2006, 13:27
I mean that when i play the most bad guy of the universe and a little worker talks disrespectful to me,... what would "normaly" a bad guy do, kill the worker or pay the fees for "parking" my starship? ;)

And by the way - they realy disrespected U even at the end! :p (Especialy first part)

KOTOR 3 :confused: hmmm.... my brother would deffinitly get it! :D

snakefaster
15.08.2006, 16:14
Does someone have finished quest:"Bastila".
if has plz gimme it walktrough

snakefaster
05.11.2006, 05:29
ok sry for double-post but can someone help me in KotOR:TSL on planet peragus. that darth sion is after me and t3-m4 is hurt but still i cant find ebon hawk...

ou and how can i shut town the fuelline or smthing so i can get to the t3-m4

Rashnu
05.11.2006, 06:56
You can find all the answers you need here: click me (http://www.gamebanshee.com/starwarskotorii/walkthrough.php).

Have fun. :)

Aligator_Jack
05.11.2006, 12:59
I hate it when im stuck in Kotor!Anyway my favorite character is Mandalore(Canderous Ordo) and i finished kotor2 2 times and 1 1 time:D .
The mandalorians are so cool.No jedi,no sith,just big guns that can bring any jedi to his knees.Muahahaha.

Innos allmighty
17.11.2006, 21:10
I played both of them and kotor 1 was great, with good story and UNEXPECTED TURNS which g3 lacks.(still a great game though)
I loved when i discovered i was Revan, it was just brilliant, but kotor 2 was a dissapointement, and i had to spend way long time at the space station in the beginning, and the game overall was less fun to play.

A kotor 3 would be great but they should use another character some years earlier/later. the story could be in the mandolore war.

Hellbilly
17.11.2006, 22:00
I just got Kotor 2 a few days ago, found it for an affordable price as a second-hand copy. I'm a bit undecided about whether I like it or whether it's another so-so game. The fighting system is rather boring, I'm definitely all for a system like in G1 and G2, where you actually get to fight, not just click on what moves to perform. Secondly, I'm not all that deep into the game, but sometimes there are long, boring sections. But, on the plus side, the dialogue and the voice acting is good, and in contrast to the boring sections, sometimes there are places that are really captivating and you just want to keep on playing.

I've been into Star Wars for over ten years now, and as such I like the universe. However, I'm not all that interested in the stuff before the original trilogy, it doesn't feel like real "Star Wars" to me without stormtroopers, TIE fighters, AT-AT's and the other legendary stuff from the movies.

COma4ever
18.11.2006, 08:37
How many of you got all of the crew member's quests??? How bout the Genoharadan (if i remember well) ????? Did you finish the game with both sides and did you get Revan's Robes (dark side) or Star Forge Robes (light side) ???
When i played the game for the first time (light side) i didn't get them....i can't remember why.... :confused:

@army
02.09.2007, 16:33
You have to get to a computer room where you use spikes to get special clothes - SF robes for light side and Revan robes for dark side.

Mikael Grizzly
02.09.2007, 17:55
KOTOR 2 is far superior to KOTOR.

As for the fighting system... I prefer KOTOResque, where your character's skills matter, not how much of a keyboard monkey you are.

Danutz_plusplus
02.09.2007, 18:34

As for the fighting system... I prefer KOTOResque, where your character's skills matter, not how much of a keyboard monkey you are.

I played KOTOR 1 and it was great. I especially loved the plot-twist near the end. After some time I started KOTOR 2 and couldn't finish it. I was bored. I'm planning to give it another whirl and maybe finish it, but not too soon. So I would say that for me it is the exact opposite.

Mikael Grizzly
02.09.2007, 20:09
KotOR 2 is less linear, has more quests, an expansive upgrade system, development, no 20 level character limit, more realistic crew members and Kreia.

Danutz_plusplus
02.09.2007, 20:12
KotOR 2 is less linear, has more quests, an expansive upgrade system, development, no 20 level character limit, more realistic crew members and Kreia.

That may well be, but that doesn't matter anything to me, as I couldn't finish it because I got bored.

.†.MikeL.†.
02.09.2007, 20:43

I will totally dissagree, personally there is no compere between the two, KOTOR is far superior to KOTOR2, i liked the plot a lot more and the companions were more interesting, btw. Kreia was annoying me :rolleyes:

Hellbilly
02.09.2007, 20:57
That may well be, but that doesn't matter anything to me, as I couldn't finish it because I got bored.

I finished it, but was bored to death all the way. I was waiting for it to get to the interesting part, but it never did. As a computer games player, a friend of RPG's and a Star Wars-fan since childhood, I found KOTOR2 to be a disappointment in so many ways.

DeadlyArrow
02.09.2007, 23:35
Well, i played both, and i liked both, but first one i liked much more. The story is really good, and that turn - great. KotOR 2 was more nonlinear - but unfinished, some story lines had no ending, and - there were no Revan ;) And it's true - in second part is more dull, too much fighting in all-the-same areas (i really was diappointed with all that endless rooms at Malachor V). But it was some good quests (i liked that with revolution on planet - don't remember the name).
I played as dark charakter for first time (both games). And, imo, KotOR is one of that rare games where you really can act as more-less bad (for instance, when i tryed as evil one in Fable it was really nerving - oh, really).

Prokroustis
03.09.2007, 00:02

I don't agree. While I liked both very much, I believe KotOR 1 is much better in so many ways.

Mikael Grizzly
03.09.2007, 00:03
Okay.

Advantages of KOTOR 2:

* Engaging storyline (I felt much more attached to the Exile than Revan)
* Quality of writing (the game attempts to cover all four possible endings from KOTOR - male/female light/dark, as a basic example)
* Extensive upgrade system, YES!
* Convincing characters and party NPCs (no more "We're an Ebon Hawk sunshine family!")
* Plot with multiple twists
* Kreia, the single best written and presented NPC in the game
* Darth Sion
* Darth Nihilus
* Game that has no clear black/white divisios

KOTOR 1:

* Good, albeit a bit cliched storyline (amnesia?)
* Writing shines at certain times, but not throughout the entire game, unfortunately
* Well designed and executed plot
* HK-47
* Well furnished Ebon Hawk

KOTOR 1 is a good game, but in comparison to KOTOR 2 is pretty mediocre. The plot is damn linear, character development goes slow and the characters never step out of line and can be horribly unconvincing (Especially Carth... God, I thought with that guy for 90% of the game and suddenly he hates me for being Revan. Hello mr Numnutz, I had an accident and proven myself!). Plus, the upgrade system is just a PITA.

Generally I am biased, but I love ambitious, non-linear games. Obsidian achieved that, Bioware did not.

EDIT: HK-47 in KOTOR 2 is a non-stop ride of pure hilarity mocking KOTOR 1 <3

Rashnu
03.09.2007, 12:18
Okay.

Advantages of KOTOR 2:

* Engaging storyline (I felt much more attached to the Exile than Revan)
* Quality of writing (the game attempts to cover all four possible endings from KOTOR - male/female light/dark, as a basic example)
* Darth Nihilus

It has been some time since I played them both. So help me here: engaging storyline and quality of writing in KOTOR2? Haven't you had the impression that huge chunks of the plot were missing? Where is the story around HK-47? Entire planets were missing! With so many plotholes, how could the story engage you?

Or Dark Nihilus. The devourer of planets etc pp. I was quite impressed and even a bit frightened to (finally?) meet him. And what happened? Nothing much. I just cut him down in no time, it was practically a walkover.

I was very disappointed in KOTOR2 and especially in the publisher LucasArts who bullied the young Obsidian company into releasing an unfinished game. Shame on them. They haven't sold me a game ever since and I returned KOTOR2 to the vendor who reimbursed me fully.

Mikael Grizzly
03.09.2007, 12:34
It has been some time since I played them both. So help me here: engaging storyline and quality of writing in KOTOR2? Haven't you had the impression that huge chunks of the plot were missing? Where is the story around HK-47? Entire planets were missing! With so many plotholes, how could the story engage you?

Errr, no. Only one planet was cut, and that was M4-78, the droid planet. Small cuts to the plot (which is complete and well explained, you only need to play the game with your brain on. Or read the Somethin Awful KotOR 2 LP (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2472531&pagenumber=1)).

Oh, and by the way, the cuts are not the fault of writing or Obsidian, but LucasAss' deadlines.

The amount of plotholes is very small, comparing to the size of the game. Everything is explained, provided you take the time and listen to people.

Or Dark Nihilus. The devourer of planets etc pp. I was quite impressed and even a bit frightened to (finally?) meet him. And what happened? Nothing much. I just cut him down in no time, it was practically a walkover.

Now, did you actually play the game and listened to the dialogues and Kreia? The reason he is a walkover is that he primarily feeds on force and relies on his "suck" to kill. And what is the Exile? That's right, a gaping rift devoid of force, something the Jedi masters and Kreia tell you, I don't know, oh, right, several tens of times throughout the game.

Which is why Nihilus is forced to melee you and suck at your overpowered lightsaber. Or two of them.

I was very disappointed in KOTOR2 and especially in the publisher LucasArts who bullied the young Obsidian company into releasing an unfinished game. Shame on them. They haven't sold me a game ever since and I returned KOTOR2 to the vendor who reimbursed me fully.

I disagree with the notion that's it's an unfinished game. Unpolished, yes, but not unfinished.

Plus, it's plot is several tiers ABOVE KotOR 1 which can be abbreviated to "Malak bad, you good amnesiac Sith Lord, go kill Malak".

skywalker4
03.09.2007, 19:59
yes ,both games are great.
In my opinion ,Kotor 1 has a better story ,but i`d still preffer Kotor 2.
What can i say ,i was amazed when i found out that i am Revan ,i`d never thought that i`ll be ....anyway ,does any of you know anything about Kotor 3?? is anyone developing this game?:D

Prokroustis
04.09.2007, 13:09
....anyway ,does any of you know anything about Kotor 3?? is anyone developing this game?:D

Afaik nothing is going on with that. Lets just hope......

skywalker4
04.09.2007, 21:52
Afaik nothing is going on with that. Lets just hope......

Oh well ,i was hopping i`ll get some good news about that ...