PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Gothic1: Crossbow/Bow necessary???

.†.MikeL.†.
27.02.2006, 22:44
I'm playing Gothic1 three days now (Level 14)
Is it nessesery to learn how to use a bow or crssbow I mean is there an enemy who can be killed only with a bow or crossbow???

And something else how can I kill swampsharks no matter how many times I hit them they don't lose power at all:confused:
(Str 70/Dex 10/Sword master/Joined Guardians):(

egndgf
27.02.2006, 22:58
I mean is there an enemy who can be killed only with a bow or crossbow???No.

Str 70/Dex 10/Sword master/Joined GuardiansSwampsharks have a defense of 130 against melee weapons. So this enemy is probably too strong for you. train and come back later.

.†.MikeL.†.
27.02.2006, 23:07
Swampsharks have a defense of 130 against melee weapons. So this enemy is probably too strong for you. train and come back later.

How do you know their defence? Is it possible to see it somehow:confused:

rockfest
27.02.2006, 23:12
How do you know teir defence? Is it possible to see it somehow:confused:
They're in the scripts. I don't know if he looks in another place but that's where i look.

Swampshark :

Melee damage protection : 130
Arrow protection : 70
Fire protection : 50
Magic protection : 40

Maybe you can damage it with something else? :D

WernerTWC
27.02.2006, 23:25
How do you know their defence? Is it possible to see it somehow:confused:
You can look it up in the german database called "Mondgesänge", click this:

http://mondgesaenge.de/G1DB/guide_monster.htm?&id=monster_31&highlight=Sumpfhai&#goto

Even if it´s german, you can see numbers at every monster, i.e. what is written about the swampshark there:

St 140, Ge 140, Ma 0, Le 300, RS 130-70-50-40, Biss

Means:
Strenght 140, DEX 140, Mana 0, Level 300 (??? i think???),

RS is what Rockfest wrote:

Melee damage protection : 130
Arrow protection : 70
Fire protection : 50
Magic protection : 40

... and the last word "Biss" (bite) is the name of it´s attack.

rockfest
27.02.2006, 23:29
Level 300 (??? i think???),

-Level : 40
-Hitpoints : 300
Didn't knew that mondge... has so detailed stuff. :)

WernerTWC
27.02.2006, 23:33
-Level : 40
-Hitpoints : 300
Didn't knew that mondge... has so detailed stuff. :)
*lol*,... right, now i see, the level is 40, here:

40 schwer
(400 Exp)

Schwer means hard.

Dez
27.02.2006, 23:59
Many monsters like snappers, shadowbeasts and swampsharks are a lot harder compared to their counterparts in Gothic 2.

Rashnu
28.02.2006, 08:41
And something else how can I kill swampsharks no matter how many times I hit them they don't lose power at all:confused:
(Str 70/Dex 10/Sword master/Joined Guardians):(

Well, it would seem all you need is a weapon which deals 60+ damage. Or raise your strength accordingly.

SirPaladin
28.02.2006, 09:22
I had problems with swampsharks too.
It matters if you can hit them well. Maybe you hit them when they try to move away from you.

Onisuzume
28.02.2006, 09:33
Is it nessesery to learn how to use a bow or crssbow I mean is there an enemy who can be killed only with a bow or crossbow???
As far as I can remember all enemies except one can be killed with blunt weapons. The one that can't be killed with a blunt weapon requires a special weapon.

And you'll need to shoot a switch to be able to reach that weapon.
Luckly, the regular shortbow is enough for that.

Colonelu
28.02.2006, 13:56
They're in the scripts. I don't know if he looks in another place but that's where i look.

You can activate the marvin mode and go close to him until you can see his name (swampshark above his head) and then press ''o'' and you will enter into him , then press ''b'' .....the rest you know press ''o'' again on you to get back ;)

rockfest
28.02.2006, 14:02
You can activate the marvin mode and go close to him until you can see his name (swampshark above his head) and then press ''o'' and you will enter into him , then press ''b'' .....the rest you know press ''o'' again on you to get back ;)
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gifI know that. But you don't really expect that someone will enter the game every time he wants to find out some stats no? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif