Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Umfrageergebnis anzeigen: You've played the demo? So, how was it?

• Great! A true Gothic game!

9 7,09%
  • Not as bad as people predicted. It's quite good.

25 19,69%
  • It's an OK RPG, but it ain't Gothic, no way.

41 32,28%
  • Meh, I knew it'd turn out this way.

17 13,39%
  • Gonna wait a while. Not worth the full price, that's for sure.

4 3,15%
  • What?! I'm wanting a refund for my lost traffic. X(

11 8,66%
  • Haven't played it.

9 7,09%
  • Downloaded it, but it wouldn't work (technical difficulties).

11 8,66%

Teilnehmer
127. Du darfst bei dieser Umfrage nicht abstimmen
Seite 13 von 20 « Erste ... 2691011121314151617 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 241 bis 260 von 400
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #241
    Sword Master Avatar von Mage Master

Mage Master ist offline
    Hmm... maybe our opinion abot the game depends about how much we were expecting. I personally think it's an acceptable game if you ignore that fact that it's supposed to be gothic. and as for the map, I never really used it, it confused me. I never expected it to be close to gothic, or be good at all so it has my aproval... as a game.
    The fighting system can use more work, the magic and bow/crosbow system seems to be good, only in the demo the crossbow is way too imba, and the hero swithces from melee to magic and range and the other way around a bit too fast, it's like it isn't a risk in switching from magic to weapon which isn't like that in gothic, when you switched weapons in gothic you were bound to take a hit or too in some cases killing you. In arcania it's like "OH NO, I'm REACHED... oh.. wait, it's ok, I got my sword out." that's another reason why it isn't gothic, it happens in an instant. And it has alot of thing on the screen unless you turn off most of them.

@Gor_Na_Drak:
    Nice, I really like your response to that... guy. It's pure win.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #242
    Sword Master Avatar von Hampu

Hampu ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Pyrokar16C Beitrag anzeigen
    @Hampu and about the demos in general, I've played Gothic2's demo when it came out years ago and it offered more than this demo Spellbound offered here.
    There are exceptions ofcourse.
    As I said.
    About Emptiness, Yeah, population outside the cities, or do you mean the atmosphere and fear you had when venturing out into the wilderness? It had nothing to do with my starting argument. My argument was about the dialouges and stuff, not about how empty the world may or may not be.

Or maybe it was about the "more dangerous people", wich was badly worded as I actually meant evil minded characters, as the people on Feshyr seemes like pretty goodhearted people, no ruffians.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #243
    Adventurer Avatar von Pyrokar16C

Pyrokar16C ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Hampu Beitrag anzeigen
    As I said.
    About Emptiness, Yeah, population outside the cities, or do you mean the atmosphere and fear you had when venturing out into the wilderness? It had nothing to do with my starting argument. My argument was about the dialouges and stuff, not about how empty the world may or may not be.

Or maybe it was about the "more dangerous people", wich was badly worded as I actually meant evil minded characters, as the people on Feshyr seemes like pretty goodhearted people, no ruffians.
    I agree with you with the people of Feshyr and their attitude of "we're all in heaven, lets all be friends", yes. I didn't read your starting argument very well, I've read it again and yes, your right.
    "Form an alliance with them ! This could be the only way to fight Beliar." (Xardas)
    "...And there were both Order and Chaos at the same time.."(Vatras, Mage of the Water)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #244
    Apprentice

ROMINIC ist offline

help please

Zitat Zitat von ROMINIC Beitrag anzeigen
    First I wish to say helo to everybody on this forum and thank you all for your post that helped me very much.

I have a problem with the demo I downloaded all four parts and runed the .exe file , everything went fine , the demo instaled and so on , until I runed the game.

When I wanted to play a messege appeared that says that the 'application configuration is incorect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem'.

I really don't know what to do so i really cont on your help

thanks in advice and all the best,
    ROMINIC

I have posted before and didn't get any response so I try posting again please help

5. Beiträge anzeigen #245
    Abenteurer Avatar von djzolie

djzolie ist offline

performance

Well guys, after reading the official system reqs and the first sad posts about performance problems, low FPS-es on rigs similar to mine (win7 ultimate, E660 core2duo, 2GB RAM, ATI HD 4780) I was close to not even start the demo... but now I'm shocked. It started with graphic on high and it runs like hell.. I even wanted to decrease sensitivity because I couldnt follow the camera This game is a surprise for me (after all the rumors). Not a Gothic sequel (I'm afraid we could only make one by ourselves), but after all it seems to be a good FP RPG. I shall definitely buy it.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #246
    Rookie

subabuser ist offline
    I knew fanboys will say what goes to me ...
    Mature means:"Do not take games so seriouslly, they are only games..."
    Such

First, i like good RPGs:Planescape, Fallout2,Baldurs1,Arcanum,Morrowind,Arx Fatalis and i know difference betven good and bad game....

Diablo for instance is retarded in my opinion,as is WOW but people for some strange reason play them and buy them....

I started to play Gothic 1,2 and 3, even Risen wich was somewhat OK but it comes down you go from person A who sends you to person B etc...

English is not my native language so probablly i didnt express my self as i would like...

All i wish to say its a game, and you shoudnt take it so seriuosly..
    Games should be fun... You will se what im talking about when you will be a little older and will not take those virtual worlds to seriously ....

7. Beiträge anzeigen #247
    Abenteurer Avatar von djzolie

djzolie ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von ROMINIC Beitrag anzeigen
    I have posted before and didn't get any response so I try posting again please help
    Maybe you should be a bit more patient, there is not much experience with the demo yet BTW did you try to reinstall it?

8. Beiträge anzeigen #248
    Apprentice

ROMINIC ist offline

arcania demo

three times until now

9. Beiträge anzeigen #249
    Ranger Avatar von ThePredator

ThePredator ist offline
    @subabuser: you might not noticed..but you are the biggest troll bait on Arcania threads

You epicly 'nailed' us, Gothic fans with your mature arguments. Great Beacon of Ancient Knowledge, show us the path to Gothic and true Evolution. Do tell us about the real world where people get married.....and need a cursor to their car and supermarkets. Tell us about that shiny globe that we, cave dwellers never look upon, the one you call Sun.
    Post some Two Worlds videos..so we can truly understand the meaning of broken combat, lack of immersion, boring speech.
    Take us in your D.A.R.E. journey where we can understand the true meaning of real life and virtual gaming.
    Otherwise, go back to your Morrowind and Two Worlds forums and stop bugging us already.
    O.o

10. Beiträge anzeigen #250
    Rookie

subabuser ist offline
    You all spit on Arcania, but everybody talks about exploring the demo 100% and did someone heard about someone who heard who killed king Knut...

This is Gothic and it is the best one!

11. Beiträge anzeigen #251
    General Avatar von GothicFighter

GothicFighter ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von subabuser Beitrag anzeigen
    Couldn't agree more.
    Keep it to yourselves, Gothic fanboys, and stop trolling "This ain't Gothic".
    As long as the story is interesting, I really don't care HOW it's told.
    previous nickname - "ThePlaya"

12. Beiträge anzeigen #252
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    You all spit on Arcania, but everybody talks about exploring the demo 100% and did someone heard about someone who heard who killed king Knut...

you amuse me

13. Beiträge anzeigen #253
    Deus Avatar von WernerTWC

WernerTWC ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von GothicFighter Beitrag anzeigen
    Keep it to yourselves, Gothic fanboys, and stop trolling "This ain't Gothic".
    You can have fun with the game or the demo as much as you want, but this is still not a gothic. Call me fanboy for that or whatever you want, but when i buy something on which is written "car", and then i get something with 2 wheels and i have to pedal to move forward, then it's not a "car".
    And Arcania and Gothic are as different as a bicycle and a car.
    ... There are characteristics which makes a car a car, a bike a bike, ... and a Gothic a Gothic.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #254
    Knight Avatar von RobinHood 13.

RobinHood 13. ist offline
    Mature means:"Do not take games so seriouslly, they are only games..."
    Now you're mixing two completely "mature" meanings. For instance, the witcher had a mature story. Arcania does not seem to have that. In this case though, mature usually means how much the game guides your hand. It's we who defined mature to mean that, or chose mature as the word to best represent what we mean, rather than say the full meaning every single time we want refer to it. You must learn to understand what we mean by it, by using a piece of your body called the brain.

Zitat Zitat von subabuser
    First, i like good RPGs:Planescape, Fallout2,Baldurs1,Arcanum,Morrowind,Arx Fatalis and i know difference betven good and bad game....
    The old games lack in things we expect from games nowadays. Especially 3D is a big step, allowing for much more immersive games. T). I think BG games are overrated (don't like D&D combat, and party RPG's). Arcanum was boring. Really good RPG's are G2 and it's expansion. The old games had their strengths, but lacked in graphics, being 2D, mainly text dialouge etc. The voiced dialouge and cutscene reqs makes it expensive for a really complex story. The req's for better graphics has also dominated to much over gameplay, and we have seen little evolution in the ai in rpg's.

I started to play Gothic 1,2 and 3, even Risen wich was somewhat OK but it comes down you go from person A who sends you to person B etc...
    Every quest made can be broken down to a generalization of this. In DAO, it's also talk to that/those persons, kill those, get that, go there and execute that action, etc. It's just how logic works. A quest is a certain set of goals that needs to be achieved, and so you can express it through such things. I think the murder quest was quite cool, but I agree that it could have been better. Just curious on examples in Arcania that are better. So far it seems to be the same deal, only here the quests given feels more unnatural and and more poorly written.

All i wish to say its a game, and you shoudnt take it so seriuosly..Games should be fun... You will se what im talking about when you will be a little older and will not take those virtual worlds to seriously ....
    I agree games should be fun. However some of us don't find games like Arcania fun. Some want games that are challenging in a slightly more intelligent way, and games that really succeds at making an immersive world (G2). You may see what I'm talking about when you will be a little older.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #255
    Knight Avatar von Gor_Na_Drak

Gor_Na_Drak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von WernerTWC Beitrag anzeigen
    You can have fun with the game or the demo as much as you want, but this is still not a gothic. Call me fanboy for that or whatever you want, but when i buy something on which is written "car", and then i get something with 2 wheels and i have to pedal to move forward, then it's not a "car".
    ... There are characteristics which makes a car a car, a bike a bike, ... and a Gothic a Gothic.

The absolute best post on the subject.

Werner you da man.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #256
    Adventurer Avatar von Pyrokar16C

Pyrokar16C ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von WernerTWC Beitrag anzeigen
    Good post indeed Werner, and you explained everything every well and simple. I agree as well as Gor_na_drak
    "Form an alliance with them ! This could be the only way to fight Beliar." (Xardas)
    "...And there were both Order and Chaos at the same time.."(Vatras, Mage of the Water)

17. Beiträge anzeigen #257
    Fighter Avatar von PaladinofInnos

PaladinofInnos ist offline

We are young, immature and take games seriously but you registered in our forum and keep on replying for a game that you shouldnt care much since it is a virtual world.

Keep on posting jokes. IMAO

"This is Gothic and it is the best one!" subabuser

as funny as

"I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubble gum." They Live, Roddy Piper

You are propably a kid who came here for trolling...
    In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti...

18. Beiträge anzeigen #258
    Knight Avatar von NCONiall

NCONiall ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von PaladinofInnos Beitrag anzeigen
    We are young, immature and take games seriously but you registered in our forum and keep on replying for a game that you shouldnt care much since it is a virtual world.

Keep on posting jokes. IMAO

"This is Gothic and it is the best one!" subabuser

as funny as

"I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubble gum." They Live, Roddy Piper

You are propably a kid who came here for trolling...
    Don't feed the troll! Well it's his opinion but.....

100% of the people here will disagree.... lol.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #259
    Schwertmeister Avatar von bigsnappy

bigsnappy ist offline
    The Risen demo wasn't impressive either IMO, but I did like Risen.

So there is still hope for Arcania....
    Everything is relative... until it bites.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #260
    Knight Avatar von NCONiall

NCONiall ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von bigsnappy Beitrag anzeigen
    The Risen demo wasn't impressive either IMO, but I did like Risen.

So there is still hope for Arcania....
    Risen actually worked for me . Even on my crappy computer.

Seite 13 von 20 « Erste ... 2691011121314151617 ... Letzte »