Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 3 von 4 « Erste 1234 Letzte »
Ergebnis 41 bis 60 von 73
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #41
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Mike Hoge
    we wanted to include horse riding.
    I thank the gods they didn't follow through with this. Even scavenger-riding by SB it's better than this.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #42
    Local Hero

Zero Cool ist offline
    I always used to plan in 5-year steps. Now another of these steps reaches its conclusion with Risen 2. After that, I REALLY would like to do a different kind game - at least a different kind of setting. Pirates are cool but still too close to the fantasy setting imho, which i have been working on for 10 years now.

We lose PB's rpg?

3. Beiträge anzeigen #43
    Ranger

JerrodAmolyan ist offline
    Hm... I don't know if people care about my strict opinions, but I'm gonna spam them everywhere until I get banned. So here goes:

As a piranhabytes fan and gothic 1 and 2 fan, I feel abandoned (after I read the last statement of Michael on the interview). In my opinion when you manage to get fans, you have a DUTY to your fans, I mean, people PAY for their products, with THEIR OWN money, and they expect their idols(so to speak), to have made something for them to like, it's just MEAN to not atleast TELL people in advance "This is different from the one you liked in the first place." it's the same with music, really, it is. As overloaded drama as it sounds, a certain member of a certain band said once: "Our fans are the sixth member of our band." and I bet he didn't even understand himself, how true that statement was. Gothic 3 was, as someone already said, in my opinion aswell, sucking up to the critics and american audience, it's colouring and all the light happy happy shit, was nearly as mindfucking as we witnessed in Oblivion. Take a look at the characters btw. They look AMERICAN McDonalds customers, OBEESE!! I don't like an OBEESE hero, unless I CREATE HIM MYSELF FOR THE HECK OF IT. The hero looks American with his neat american short hair and truckdriver beard. I love the ragged look of gothic 2, the stressed world, the dark world, the GRIM world, filled with pain and suffering... you know... then you SAVE them? Eh... why would you try to save someone who has chocolate cakes for breakfast and smiles all the time? if you get my rift... and if you don't, I'll explain:

Gothic 3, even if I like some things in that game, was too happy, it was like a birthday party look throughout the blasted game, no grimmness... what's to save in there? The world looks as if they're HAPPY... while they're ENSLAVED... by ORCS...? Eh, firstly, makes no sense, secondly, it doesn't seem that they even want to be saved. It doesn't give me, as a player, the right feel "These people need help, I'll shed my blood for them, because I have a duty". It's more like "What the...? Why am I here? Ima gonna go back to khorinis, help farmers get back their lost sheep".

I look forward to get raged at again, becuase I disagree and bring it up like this, and not like "Oh no... well, I disagree, but respect you as a person, and I like flowers, And I believe in god and visit the church on every sunday <333" <3

4. Beiträge anzeigen #44
    General Avatar von ICFabian

ICFabian ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von JerrodAmolyan Beitrag anzeigen
    I love the ragged look of gothic 2, the stressed world, the dark world, the GRIM world, filled with pain and suffering...
    This is where I disagree. By comparison to Gothic 1, Gothic 2 had a relatively brighter, happier, more cheerful world. The palette has more light in it, the music is idyllic, the setting is usually one of peace -- shepherds guarding fat sheep, women at the market, guards overseeing things.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #45
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    i like chocolate

6. Beiträge anzeigen #46
    Knight

Alwin ist offline
    Hm... I don't know if people care about my strict opinions, but I'm gonna spam them everywhere until I get banned. So here goes:

<blah blah>

I look forward to get raged at again, becuase I disagree and bring it up like this, and not like "Oh no... well, I disagree, but respect you as a person, and I like flowers, And I believe in god and visit the church on every sunday <333" <3
    I told you, Tratos. Why don't you listen to me? I know a troll when I see it.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #47
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Nope, no rage. People here learned to be less emotional when it comes to accepting the reality of "what the most customers want is what has to be made". I'm gonna ask you again to refrain from these kind of outbursts. Criticising the game is fine, insulting the Americans, or anyone for that matter is not fine. Polite raging is a difficult art to master, but I'm sure you'll succeed.

@Alwin - moderators, not executors.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #48
    Ranger

JerrodAmolyan ist offline
    @Faby, That is true yes, but still nowhere near as bright as G3 had. It was more grim than most games there are.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #49
    Apprentice Avatar von Volf

Volf ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Onisuzume Beitrag anzeigen
    Sort-of.
    USAsians prefer the "happy happy" graphics while the europeans prefer the "GrimDark" graphics.

Please show some restraint with using broad generalizations like this. I am a "USAsian" and am much more partial to the bleak atmosphere of the first two Gothics as I'm sure many other American fans of the series are as well.
    Helm sees All

10. Beiträge anzeigen #50
    Schwertmeister Avatar von bigsnappy

bigsnappy ist offline

news

[Article] Will there be another Gothic? Interview with Björn Pankratz. 18.02.2012 um 11:38

Ever since it became clear that Piranha bytes got the rights to the Gothic franchise back, the game developer has not made any statement suggesting that they will make another Gothic.

This silence has been interpretated by some fans as a lack of enthusiasm from Piranha bytes for making another Gothic game.

GameBanshee has now published an interview with Björn Pankratz from Piranha Bytes. The main topic is Risen 2 of course. But Björn also got a few questions about the future of Gothic.

GB: You've stated previously that once Risen 2 is finished, you'll be in a position to return to the Gothic franchise. Can you elaborate on that? Does the acquisition of JoWooD by Nordic Games impact when the Gothic franchise will open up to you again?

BP: The Gothic brand still belongs to us, so we are free to develop another edition. There is no new Gothic game planned at the moment though.

GB: Are you confident that there will be another Piranha Bytes-developed Gothic title? And if so, what does that mean for the future of the Risen franchise?

BP: What the future brings will be decided one project at a time.

This probabaly means that a serious internal discussion on a Gothic sequel will not be started before Risen 2 has been completed and its success evaluated.

Related Links:

Gamebanshee interview with Björn Pankratz
    http://www.gamebanshee.com/interview...interview.html
    Everything is relative... until it bites.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #51
    Sword Master Avatar von Buckingham

Buckingham ist offline
    This is perfect. It means that they are very careful about their games. If they will develop a future Gothic Title i'm confident that it will be great.
    Always fight against evil ....even if it leads to your death !!!
    We should meet the enemies of god !!! Do no wrong !!!
    [Bild: sigpic90303_4.gif]

12. Beiträge anzeigen #52
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Buckingham Beitrag anzeigen
    This is perfect. It means that they are very careful about their games. If they will develop a future Gothic Title i'm confident that it will be great.
    it may very well mean that they just have no idea...

13. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #53

14. Beiträge anzeigen #54
    Ranger Avatar von Normarian

Normarian ist offline
    May the strength of the ox be combined with the principles of the warrior once again...

Gothic awaken !

15. Beiträge anzeigen #55
    Demigod Avatar von Dino

Dino ist offline
    It should be fun to see what PB can pull off. After the mayhem caused by Arcadia it would definetely be very interesting to observe how things progress, should they decide to continue where they left off.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #56
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Dino Beitrag anzeigen
    It should be fun to see what PB can pull off. After the mayhem caused by Arcadia it would definetely be very interesting to observe how things progress, should they decide to continue where they left off.
    I think there is a great chance they would include FG, Arcania and FoS as canon lore, since both Risen and FG picked up at the same point in time: the banishment of the gods. And yeas, I think they would try to merge officialy the Risen and Gothic universes, even if only subtily (A mention of Faranga in a book and so on).
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

17. Beiträge anzeigen #57
    Schwertmeister Avatar von bigsnappy

bigsnappy ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    I think there is a great chance they would include FG, Arcania and FoS as canon lore, since both Risen and FG picked up at the same point in time: the banishment of the gods. And yeas, I think they would try to merge officialy the Risen and Gothic universes, even if only subtily (A mention of Faranga in a book and so on).

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...1#post18328579

TrueCore: Es [Gothic 5]wird am Ende von Arcania angesetzt. / It [Gothic 5] will start from the end of Arcania.

Michael Rüve (PB): Wird es nicht. Geschehnisse aus Arcania sind für uns nicht kanonisch. No, it won't. Stories from Arcania are not canon lore for us.

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...1#post18046556

JohnThunder: sie (was ich stärker annehme und dessen Umsetzung mich auch iwie stärker erstaunen würde) die Verhandlungsstränge von Gothic und Risen zusammenlegen / they (...) will merge the story lines from Gothic and Risen

Michael Rüve (PB): Dass wir das nicht machen werden habe ich bereits des öfteren gesagt... / That we are not going to do this I have said several times before...

Everything is relative... until it bites.
    Geändert von bigsnappy (02.03.2012 um 21:34 Uhr)

18. Beiträge anzeigen #58
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von bigsnappy Beitrag anzeigen
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...1#post18328579

TrueCore: Es [Gothic 5]wird am Ende von Arcania angesetzt. / It [Gothic 5] will start from the end of Arcania.

Michael Rüve (PB): Wird es nicht. Geschehnisse aus Arcania sind für uns nicht kanonisch. No, it won't. Stories from Arcania are not canon lore for us.

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1098426-Was-kommt-nach-Risen-2-!/page2?p=18046556&viewfull=1#post18046556

JohnThunder: sie (was ich stärker annehme und dessen Umsetzung mich auch iwie stärker erstaunen würde) die Verhandlungsstränge von Gothic und Risen zusammenlegen / they (...) will merge the story lines from Gothic and Risen

Michael Rüve (PB): Dass wir das nicht machen werden habe ich bereits des öfteren gesagt... / That we are not going to do this I have said several times before...

About Arcania as canon lore, ok, that is news. But in an interview some time ago, Mike Hoge and Doberlec let us understand that they are taking into consideration merging the Gothic and Risen universes.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

19. Beiträge anzeigen #59
    Knight Commander

Nisarg ist offline
    Which would more or less destroy the story. If Risen is set only a while after G3, and Risen 2 set 10 years after Risen, how do they explain the guns and the armour design? For Risen, they could say Faranga had no gunpowder and couldn't produce any either, so everyone went back to bows and crossbows. Especially because the armour clearly looked like it wasn't medieval. But G3 was the damn mainland, and the armour did look rather medieval. So who developed so many guns in a decade? Or even the armour seen in Risen?
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

20. Beiträge anzeigen #60
    Sword Master Avatar von Mage Master

Mage Master ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Nisarg Beitrag anzeigen
    Which would more or less destroy the story. If Risen is set only a while after G3, and Risen 2 set 10 years after Risen, how do they explain the guns and the armour design? For Risen, they could say Faranga had no gunpowder and couldn't produce any either, so everyone went back to bows and crossbows. Especially because the armour clearly looked like it wasn't medieval. But G3 was the damn mainland, and the armour did look rather medieval. So who developed so many guns in a decade? Or even the armour seen in Risen?
    Well, sometimes technologie goes into burst like advancment and maybe that's what happaned. I mean look at the digital media for example, video games, CGI movie effects and not to mention the hardwere. They already had gunpoweder hence the cannons in G2, so it probably was't that hard to mass produse guns once they discovered how. And about the armor, fashin changes even faster that technologie(AFAIK) so someday someone decided that the current armor was totally not fabulous so everyone had to change.

Seite 3 von 4 « Erste 1234 Letzte »