Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 5 von 9 « Erste 123456789 Letzte »
Ergebnis 81 bis 100 von 174
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #81
    Apprentice

Drina ist offline
    What will happen to this page if gothic BRAND vanishes?

2. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #82
    Mythos Avatar von Onisuzume

Onisuzume ist offline
    Nothing because it cannot vanish.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #83
    Deus Avatar von WernerTWC

WernerTWC ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Drina Beitrag anzeigen
    What will happen to this page if gothic BRAND vanishes?
    World of Gothic and the whole World of Players network is completly independent and hosted by private persons/fans, so as Oni said, nothing would happen.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #84
    Schwertmeister Avatar von bigsnappy

bigsnappy ist offline
    [Article] JoWood's Stefan Berger on the rights to Gothic

PC Games held an interview with Stefan Berger, manager from JoWood. They also asked him about the Gothic-rights:

PC Games: According to Piranha Bytes the brand Gothic will soon be returned to the studio. Can you confirm this?

Stefan Berger: There are contracts, which have their validity, that the company JoWood can publish Gothic 4 plus an addon, and that existing products can be kept on the market within a certain time span. This contract will certainly be kept, possibly even by a new partner, who will buy the assets (brand, software, etc). A Gothic 5 and further versions will belong to the developer Piranha Bytes. This however was agreed upon already some years ago, so nothing new comes out of the bankruptcy of JoWood. Until recently, this theme was simply not brought up and elaborated upon.

Related Links:

The interview with Stefan Berger at PC Games (in German)
    http://www.pcgames.de/JoWooD-Enterta...enigen-825382/
    Everything is relative... until it bites.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #85
    Ranger Avatar von carnage12

carnage12 ist offline
    Will someone translate that interview please?

6. Beiträge anzeigen #86
    General Avatar von ICFabian

ICFabian ist offline
    I'll do it tomorrow.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #87
    Ranger Avatar von carnage12

carnage12 ist offline
    Thank you Faby .

8. Beiträge anzeigen #88
    banned

Assassin of Kings ist offline
    I know that the rights of Gothic are back to those they should have always belonged to, I don't need some self-important jowood official to tell me. He'd better tell us when we can finally celebrate their bankruptcy.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #89
    Adventurer Avatar von MrGookles

MrGookles ist offline
    Well, I think Piranha Bytes will continue the Gothic series... well, I wish so

10. Beiträge anzeigen #90

ICFabian ist offline
    Today at pcgames.de: Stefan Berger, Business Development Manager at Jowood.

PC Games: Stefan, you've been working at Jowood for 10 years now, are still active in the business, and know the company like few others do. In short: How's it going for you now? What are you working on?
    Stefan Berger: I'm dealing with several business transactions at the moment. As you must surely know by now, the company's days are over, and its assets are being liquidated.

PC Games: In your opinion, what was it that drove Jowood to its end?
    Stefan Berger: I'd say it's the bad sells, which have come as the result of bad product quality. It's not much of a secret that our products didn't meet high standards. If the buyers are content, and the demand for a sequel high, all is well. Sadly, this wasn't always the case for our games. That was our fault, first of all, and there can be no sugarcoating it.

PC Games: The conflict with developers, studios and publishers was inevitably carried out in the eyes of the public. Do you agree that Jowood cared more about itself than developing games?
    Stefan Berger: No, even if that's how things turned out to be. We spread ourselves too thin, tried all that was available to us, including distribution, publishing, developing, etc, which really can't be said of many companies. One could see our efforts as having bitten more than we could chew.

PC Games: You were responsible for business development, and for deciding who gets to develop which game. Which choices would you repeat today, and which of them do you regret?
    Stefan Berger: In my ten-year stint at Jowood -- which I don't want to miss one bit -- I worked in almost all areas. It could be said that I strove for too much -- in game design, marketing, developing or anywhere else, but we lacked focus to really pinpoint those "must have" areas. We were a small team that aimed too high. "If only I could have done this, or that." There's no other option but to learn from our mistakes and hope not to repeat them in the future.

PC Games: At what time were you most fond of your work at Jowood?
    Stefan Berger: I've always been more or less happy. I've been through both good and bad times with Jowood, but there's one specific thing I look back on with joy: The solidarity of the company. I got to know a lot of people, whom I really enjoyed conversing with at various events. Those were good days, despite all our problems, and we always tried to save our own necks. It made us stick together.

PC Games: The insolvency administrator intends to sell off the whole company by the end of June. What of your games? What will happen to them?
    Stefan Berger: Our games will be transferred to the new owner, and they will be republished, and, hopefully, sold again. This doesn't apply only to roleplaying games such as Gothic, The Guild and Spellforce, but also to more classic games like Die Völker, Aquanox and so on. There are still possibilities to polish and build on certain game brands.

PC Games: What about games you've already announced, such as Faith in Destiny and Fall of Setarrif?
    Stefan Berger: That's to be decided by the new owner.

PC Games: The rights for Gothic will soon return to Piranha Bytes. Can you confirm this for us?
    Stefan Berger: There are valid agreements which state that Gothic 4 and its addon can be republished within a specific period of time. This agreement will be respected even by the new partner, if need be. Gothic 5 and further titles will be the property of Piranha Bytes; this was agreed upon many years ago.

PC Games: Jowood was criticised severely by fans, and rightly so. Were there times when you felt you didn't deserve this?
    Stefan Berger: No. I believe we've made enough mistakes so as to merit heavy criticism. But in all fairness... Yeah, we've misstepped a lot, and in my opinion, the biggest blunder was wanting to do too much. We always endeavoured to develop the proverbial golden-egg-laying goose. 10 USPs (Unique Selling Proposition), 2000 features, and so on. This was often too much for the developers, confident though they were. The bigger the game is, the higher the error count, and the harder it is to find a market for it. We've had to learn this through the years. It's important to stay focused and develop clear strategies for each area. I find it a pity that people always talked about downsides and sought to blame a single party. There are always two or more parties working together in a business connection, and that's where the "if only I could do this and that" argument arises, which I don't want to discuss in public. It's a matter of internal discussion between the partners.

PC Games: What plans have you got once your ties to Jowood are cut?
    Stefan Berger: We'll just have to wait and see. Time will tell, and I'm looking forward to it.
    Sorry, I only got to translating it yesterday.
    Thanks bigsnappy for your help =)

11. Beiträge anzeigen #91
    Rookie

Khassar ist offline
    This is somewhat naive thought, but was there a case in the history of video games in which a game was proclaimed un-canonical by its' developers/owners, and replaced lore-wise by a new, surrogat game? I think it's pretty clear what I'm aiming at.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #92
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Yes, that did happen, but I can't remember of any examples.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #93
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Latest thing from the web is that JW was taken by Wingefors Invest AB, a Swedish company, through their Game Outlet subsidiary.

No guarantee for employees they'll keep their current job, the shareholders will get nothing, what the creditors will get remains to be seen, Wingefors gets 95% of Quantic Labs.

http://steiermark.orf.at/stories/519680/
    http://diepresse.com/home/wirtschaft...-kauft-JoWooD-

14. Beiträge anzeigen #94

15. Beiträge anzeigen #95
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Why would anyone want 20 million worth of debts?
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

16. Beiträge anzeigen #96

ICFabian ist offline
    In addition to the transaction, Game Outlet will also acquire a 95% in the Romanian unit of JoWooD.
    ?!??

17. Beiträge anzeigen #97
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Faby Beitrag anzeigen
    ?!??
    Yeah, Quantic Lab SRL.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #98

ICFabian ist offline
    OOOOH, so that's why everything's so sucky in Romania. We have a Jowood thing in here.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #99
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Faby Beitrag anzeigen
    OOOOH, so that's why everything's so sucky in Romania. We have a Jowood thing in here.
    How sucky must be Austria, if QL was the most profitable part of JW?

20. Beiträge anzeigen #100
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Larisa Beitrag anzeigen
    How sucky must be Austria, if QL was the most profitable part of JW?
    Well, take into account that the subdivision (QL) have no mention on their website of "mother" JoWood. Not one.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

Seite 5 von 9 « Erste 123456789 Letzte »