I gotta say gothic 1 had more those memorable moments than gothic 2 ever had.
1) The first meeting with Diego and making all those newbie mistakes such as walking through barrier. Did they just expect us to belive what they say? It was absolutely terific how we had to learn everything from scratch. How scavengers behave, how the magic works, why this barrier is there etc etc.
Btw now that i begin thinking about good old diego from G1, it just pisses me off how they hired a guy who made diego sound like a moron
2) joining the camp. It truly felt something.
3) Fighting though hordes of crawlers and killing their queen!
4) Invocation of sleeper. I just love that cutscene. In addition the orc cemetary was quita a scary place. And remember what happaned with Bal Lukor. It was totally a mindblowing surprise. I could have never expected something like THAT to happen!
5) Focus quest. It was so much fun when your good pals came to give a helping hand.
In gothic 2 they were less involved and thus i felt myself a bit lonely
I hope they play a bigger role in gothic 3.
Well i could keep going on and on.... Gothic 2 just lacked something. It never felt as thrilling as the first gothic. I hope to see more surprises in gothic 3.
Geändert von Dez (09.02.2006 um 16:28 Uhr)