Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 1 von 8 12345 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 153
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    General Avatar von RoiDanton

RoiDanton ist offline

Ask the developers (Kai Rosenkranz)

Hi @ll

some news for you. You don´t have to register there.

Thread

Zitat Zitat von Glockenbeat
    Hi guys !

You now have the chance to ask Kai Rosenkranz, developer at Piranha Bytes, your questions about Gothic 3.
    From February 2nd on he will take a look at them and give answers for some time.

How this is going to work:
    You do not post your questions directly, but send them by eMail to gothic.jowood@gmx.de. The Moderators will go through them and post them in this thread to keep order alive. The only people posting into this thread will be the moderators and Kai Rosenkranz aka KaiRo.

Please do not send us eMails regarding the release date or the minimum hardware requirements, because if you do most of the mails will consist of these questions. But don't be afraid - we'll ask anyway.

For discussion use this thread or another thread dealing with the particular topics.

- Glockenbeat

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Knight Avatar von eXecutioner

eXecutioner ist offline
    Than-x man. Just sent them a mail!

See Ya!

eXecutioner

PS: Can you tell me youre ICQ number or Yahoo! adress. The one that you use so that we can talk in real time and help you with youre site (modgensage - I can't spell it right damn ).
    Building Stronger Communities Blog - Bringing people closer together trough the power of words!

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Knight Commander Avatar von Godcrusher

Godcrusher ist offline
    I would want to ask will there be able to become a Necromancer? ( i mean a real Necro, not some assistant of them)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    General Avatar von RoiDanton

RoiDanton ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Godcrusher
    I would want to ask will there be able to become a Necromancer? ( i mean a real Necro, not some assistant of them)
    Send an email, please. (If you have not done yet )

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Chosen One Avatar von rockfest

rockfest ist offline
    Well i know what i will ask him....
    Will there be a english Mod Kit with english scripts

6. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Chosen One Avatar von rekinu

rekinu ist offline
    Done !

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Demigod Avatar von Rashnu
    Guarding Chinvat Bridge (As-Sirāt); a bridge finer than a hair and sharper than a sword.

Rashnu ist offline
    Since we are a relatively small community here at the English section of WoG, perhaps we can use this thread for some brainstorming before we go off and post our individual eMails.

This way, we make sure that all our expectations and wishes come to the attention of the developers. Agreed?

We could ask whether armour consists of 3 or more pieces. When the game starts, is it possible to determine whether the hero is a paladin, mage or mercenary?

What are you going to ask?
    [Bild: Rashnu340obenGIF.gif][Bild: nds_banner_156x60_rounded.jpg]
    [Bild: Rashnu340untenlinks.gif][Bild: Rashnu340untenrechts.gif][Bild: oaqmBDA_Nein_113x60.jpg]
    "Greeting to thee; well hast thou come; from that mortal world hast thou come to this pure, bright place."

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Knight Commander Avatar von Godcrusher

Godcrusher ist offline
    CAn please someone send an email for me with my question, because my link does not work

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Guarding Chinvat Bridge (As-Sirāt); a bridge finer than a hair and sharper than a sword.

Rashnu ist offline
    Sure, post them here and I will send it away in time.
    [Bild: Rashnu340untenlinks.gif][Bild: Rashnu340untenrechts.gif][Bild: oaqmBDA_Nein_113x60.jpg]
    "Greeting to thee; well hast thou come; from that mortal world hast thou come to this pure, bright place."

10. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Knight Avatar von DeadlyArrow

DeadlyArrow ist offline
    Well, it was hard of thinking of good questions, but I send them.

@Rashnu
    I think it will be a lot of questions from here, from Jowood, and other forums,
    and I believe all important questions will be asked.

btw, I posted about this in russian gothic forum, and they added this to russian gothic site, so they will ask KaiRo too. I hope these guys from Poland are informed too.

11. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #11
    Halbgott Avatar von Sowilo

Sowilo ist offline
    I think collect questions would make sense:
    1. You removed the focus so will there be a indicator if an enemy is in the range of your sword? Will you hurt all enemy which you hit with our sword or only the first one. What about aiming with a bow. Do you remove the focus there too and the payer have to handle it manual?
    2. You mentioned that the decision to join a faction will be an ideologic one because in each guild you have many possibilities to develop your char. What about mages? Has each faction the possibility to became a mage or only certain one?
    3. In the past the archer was a playable class but hasn't many usable weapons. Will there be more items (maybe different kinds of bows with disadvantages and advantges) and things like arrows with poison? So that the archer and the crossbow player are full playable classes with a acceptable quantity of items and different ways to use them?
    4. Will there be a specific different between crossbows and bows? And what one? Will the crossbow man have a realistic reload animation? Will there be a quiver with arrows which the hero will grab and use? Which advantages and disadvantages will they have?
    5. There are many and a few misleading statements regarding the factions. We know that there will be 1"royal rebells" (Myrtana), 2"orc-hunter" (Nordmar), 3"orcs" (orcs^^) and 4"assassins and slave traders". Are the last one the only playable desert faction or is there a posibility to became a member of a not criminal faction of Varant (5 nomads)? There are rumors about rangers too because you said that there is an additional faction and they were wished by many fans. And there is still the possibility to play guildless? Could you clarify some points?
    6. We know that we finally will have shields. What about the usage? Can you block with them manual? Can you hit an opponent with it? Is it breakable? Can you block magic with it? Will arrows stick in the shield?
    7. Will there be breakable items? Do you have to repair your armour or weapons? Will wodden maces break if you try to block a sword?
    8. Will there be a mana regeneration for mages and a life regeneration of fighter?
    9. Can you tell us sth about the gameplay of the assassines. Do you have to murder persons in the dark or can you face opponents sucessfull?
    10. What about gore. Will arrows be stuck in persons? Will blades became red during fights? Will you affect the visual appearance of an opponent beating him?
    Geändert von Sowilo (30.01.2006 um 21:51 Uhr)

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12
    Benutzer, die ihr Benutzerkonto per E-Mail bestätigen müssen Avatar von OveR-

OveR- ist offline
    where do we get the answers anyway? is it the "Thread" link on top ?

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13

rockfest ist offline
    @Sowilo I see that Fizzban is right about you...you really like to do things in a more "time-consuming" way...but your intention is a correct one.
    This will probably make others who will ask stupid questions to pick one from there and this way won't waste any time of the moderators from Jowood.
    So if anyone doesn't really have a good question to ask just read Sowilo's post. Maybe you will find a question you like in there

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14
    Deus Avatar von WernerTWC

WernerTWC ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von OveR-
    where do we get the answers anyway? is it the "Thread" link on top ?
    Yes, it is, and KaiRo already posted:

Thread

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15
    Ranger Avatar von Ogolain

Ogolain ist offline
    Sowilo, excellent point, I was thinking of gathering questions, something like the fan interview in the Beth forums.

My questions would be :

What is the final word on mounts ? Or, how will long distance trips be handled ? Will travelling from a "big safe place" (towns, mainly) to another be a real expedition, or is the world safe enough to go everywhere without thinking ?

Now that the graphical quality allows it, will the camera get closer during dialogues, so they can fell more personal and immersive ?

Do you intend on implementing stealth kills / attacks ? Can we move quicker while crouching this time ?

Armours are like "puzzles" now. What are the subdivisions ? Do they have a significant effect besides protecting from damages and being identified by some factions ? For example, can we sink in water, does our stamina bar decrease quicker ?

Will it be possible to fight in first person ? It required a console code in Gothic 2 and the word was floating in the air. And while we are at it, do you plan on including body awareness in first person ?

In Gothic.ini, it is said that "shortcuts for potions suck in gameplay". But the way they was implemented was rather poor. Wouldn't it be closer to your philosophy if pressing the button made the character begin the drinking animation, instead of the "press - healed", wich is probably what sucks according to you ?

About dialogues, will there be some quests, or why not an entire guild, wich focuses on diplomacy ? In other words, where it is possible to resolve many situations just through the verb, without having to kill this or this ?

Do you have any informations about full spoken versions besides German and English ? Specifically French, Spanish, Russian and Italian ?

Last but very important question : do you have Patrick Stewart and soil erosion ?! Otherwise I am not buying your crap.

That's all for now.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16

Rashnu ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Ogolain
    Last but very important question : do you have Patrick Stewart and soil erosion ?! Otherwise I am not buying your crap.
    Don't be so hard on them. Your frustration with the English voice-overs in G1 was probably the doing of the publisher.

Patrick Stewart ey? Wonderful idea. One that TES IV: Oblivion pulled off. His fee will be considerable and probably take away a very large chunk of the budget for the other speakers.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17

rockfest ist offline
    That made me laugh.
    What's so important on having him in the voice-actors team? For me one of the best voices that could be in gothic is the one of Jim Morrison. Of course that's not possible cause it's a long time since he passed away so i won't get what i want but i will still buy the game. What should stop you from buying it?
    Life is a bitch sometimes and we don't get what we all want. If they're not gonna put Stewart in the game then that way they can hire more best actors and not one good and the rest of them "just to be there".

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18
    Benutzer, die ihr Benutzerkonto per E-Mail bestätigen müssen Avatar von OveR-

OveR- ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Ogolain
    Who the hell is that? And what the hell is soil erosion? Could you let me in on that too?

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19

rockfest ist offline
    Patrick Stewart is the commander of The Enterprise, the ship from StarTreck ...about the second guy i never heard of him in life...i don't even think that he is a person. From what i know it's a problem with the soil(earth,ground)...

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20

Rashnu ist offline
    Surely, you know Patrick Stewart. Perhaps he prefers to be remembered foremost for his extraordinary performances in Shakespearean roles but most of us simply know him as Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the starship Enterprise.
    Geändert von Rashnu (31.01.2006 um 00:06 Uhr)

Seite 1 von 8 12345 ... Letzte »