Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 1 von 10 123458 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 195
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Knight Avatar von eXecutioner

eXecutioner ist offline

Basic Gothic modding thread

Ok, I've made this thread so that me and other persons like me (who don't know anything about makeing Gothic mods) to post questions and get answers from the experts in the domain.

The first question is:

What programs do I need to make scripts?

This is what I know. You have to install Gothic 2 En 1.30 Ge and then the add-on NotR with the patch 2.6. I say this because if you have the Gothic 2 Gold Edition (like I had yesterday installed) you can't install any mods or programs. They need the add-on version 2.6 not 2.7.

Ok. Supposing that, someone indicates me a program for scripting I should tell you what I whant to do first.

I whant to create a new NPC, name him and whant him to have some dialogues that he and the nameless hero can exchange. Nothing quest-like, just local lore or other. Also I would like to edit some of the NPC's dialogues from the game.

See Ya!

eXecutioner

PS: CeeX, AlexX, Rockfest...can you help me?
    Building Stronger Communities Blog - Bringing people closer together trough the power of words!
    Geändert von eXecutioner_id (27.12.2005 um 07:58 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Lehrling Avatar von wWw

wWw ist offline
    check this out:
    http://wiki.worldofgothic.com/Tutorials/Script-Tutorial
    it's a tutorial from the Wiki that's been translated. I think that you'll find it helpful.
    Tripple-doubble-U
    User Interface Intern - Wolfram Research
    Computer Engineering - University of Illinois

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3

eXecutioner ist offline
    No, no no no no...That's to advanced for me. I stilldoesn't know wich program I should use and you are introduceing me to some weird stuff. What script program should I use. The Spacer 2.0 right? Can tou tell me something about it? Explain how it works maby?

Thanx!

See Ya!

eXecutioner

[EDIT] Ok now what does this mean?

To add a new NPC to the game, you need to create a new instance of the class C_Npc. (Bet you wish you'd paid attention in those C++ classes now.) What follows is a short overview of the class, which we'll then fill out with the values for our new NPC.
    Can someone explain in simple english words how this is done?

Thanx!
    Building Stronger Communities Blog - Bringing people closer together trough the power of words!
    Geändert von eXecutioner_id (27.12.2005 um 14:34 Uhr)

CeeX
    Gast

Nope, the Spacer isn't a script editor. It is a world editor used to fill the world with virtual objects like items, trees, planks, stones etc.

You can use a simple text editor like Notepad (don't use something like MS Word or Office, because the formating tags can scrap the syntax). I suggest using the Crimson Editor, because of many usefull functions and syntax highlighting.

so long, CeeX

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5

eXecutioner ist offline
    Ok. I understand. For scripting in Gothic I'll use Notepad.

Now I whant to create an NPC in the world. Let's say a citizen from the upper part of Khorinis. Anyone. I don't care.

Can you show me step by step. I just whant to fully understand. (that's why I don't whant to rely on tutorials).

Than-q!

See Ya!

eXecutioner

[EDIT] Does this include NPC's to?

Nope, the Spacer isn't a script editor. It is a world editor used to fill the world with virtual objects like items, trees, planks, stones etc.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Deus Avatar von WernerTWC

WernerTWC ist offline
    First i wanna say, i have no idea about editing, all i can do in order to help you is searching in the german forum, and i found some editors for scripting:

Daedalus Highlighting-Files

And afaik you need the MDK of course and a 3d programm, some here:

List of 3d-modelling-tools

Can you show me step by step. I just whant to fully understand. (that's why I don't whant to rely on tutorials).
    I think you should try those tutotials first, why not?
    Learning by doing is the motto imho... and then, when you have a special question, ask it.... I have my doubts someone will teach you really step by step.... maybe Rockfest when he´s back?!?! (I mean, i hope for you that someone will guide you through the learning, i only say i have doubts).
    Geändert von WernerTWC (27.12.2005 um 14:57 Uhr)

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7

eXecutioner ist offline
    Ok. First the second link doesn't work. Second: the Dadelus Highlighting-Files. What are they? Is it a script editor? What file should I download.

Yes I have the full Gothic 2 MDK and I don't think I need a 3D Program (althought I have one two - 3D Studio Max 7.0).

Than-q!

See Ya!

eXecutioner

[EDIT]
    I think you should try those tutotials first, why not?
    Because I'm to dumb to understand how to do the tutorial. I'll to make something but I'm not sure that it will work .
    Geändert von eXecutioner_id (27.12.2005 um 15:00 Uhr)

8. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Knight Avatar von DeadlyArrow

DeadlyArrow ist offline
    you'll need spacer for waypoints... here's the beginning for spacer:

- in spacer you can open gothic world, for it you need ZEN file
    - ZEN files you gain when extracting VDF files (from "data" directory)
    - you can unpack VDF files using Gothic VDFS (it's simple )
    - then load spacer, and in main window chose File->Open zen
    - now you can hear the music and see the world (with waypoints and other information)

[F3] - camera view, return to normal [Esc]
    for moving use arrows
    chose object/script - click twice on its description in Output-Units
    also you can change objects parametres
    to move object, select it and chose in menu Vob->Move here

you can begin with this

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9

eXecutioner ist offline
    Thanx. I'll try something from the tutorial first.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Lehrling Avatar von wWw

wWw ist offline
    The Dadelus Highlighting-Files help you to find any errors in your code. Without them, the error will only report the line number, but with them, you can tell which file they're in as well. If you're using notepad, you can try this one. (I haven't used it, so I don't know what you're getting.)

And 3D Studio Max 7.0 is a wonderful 3D modeling program, so you don't need another one. Although you might want the plugins. Here or here.
    Tripple-doubble-U
    User Interface Intern - Wolfram Research
    Computer Engineering - University of Illinois

CeeX
    Gast

To create an npc just do the following things:
    1. Copy an existing npc file and rename it (all npcs are located in [_work/Data/scripts/content/story/npc/])
    2. Open it with the editor and rename the instance (for example INSTANCE PC_Hero (C_NPC) -> INSTANCE PC_NewHero (C_NPC)
    3. Search the line id = xxx and replace it with a new number. Important: the ID of an npc must be unique! So check the other npcs to find out what ID you can use (you can usually read the ID from the file names).
    4. Search the line FUNC void Rtn_Start_XXX () and replace the XXX with the ID you gave the npc before. Also change the line daily_routine = Rtn_start_XXX; accordingly to the ID.
    5. Save the script in [_work/Data/scripts/content/story/npc/] and open the GothicStarter. check the box 'reparse scripts' and start Gothic. While Gothic loads, all scripts will be parsed. If you did all right, Gothic should start. If not, an error will apear.

Now you should have a copy of the former npc which can be inserted to game via console (you have to start a new game to make your script changes working). Just type insert <instance name> (in my upper example it would be insert PC_NewHero). You might change his attributes, visuals etc. Just look at his script, most of the lines should be clear. Explaining all functions and variables of an npc would take a lot of time, so I suggest you try to find out yourself with reference to the tutorial wWw mentioned. If you have further questions, just ask and I'll try to help.

so long, CeeX

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12
    Demigod Avatar von Sumpfkrautjunkie

Sumpfkrautjunkie ist offline
    EDIT] Does this include NPC's to?
    No, NPCs are also made by an text editor.

Okay step by step Creating an NPC:
    1. Open a finished Npc Script, like VLK_458_Rupert.d:
    This Script contains all information about Rupert
    2.look at the comments:
    Code:
    instance VLK_458_Rupert (Npc_Default)  //this is an identifikation for the Gothic engine. Each NPC must have a different instance.
    {
    	// ------ NSC ------
    	name 		= "Rupert";  //The name above the NPCs head
    	guild 		= GIL_VLK;    //his Guild 
    	id 			= 458;   //the id is like the Instance: Each NPC has to have a different one (there aren#t NPCs with the same id)
    	voice 		= 3;   // Its the Voice, which is needed for Comments, like Fight comments (e.g. if the NPC sees a fight )
    	flags       = 0;	//this isnt neccessary for the beginning															
    	npctype		= NPCTYPE_MAIN;  //thre are different types of NPCs: NPCTYPE_MAIN means, a NPC which gives you Quests or something like that.
    NPCTYPE_AMBIENT means, that the NPC is only for the Amient, he gives no Quests, but you can ask him for the way or sth like that.

// ------ Attribute ------
    	B_SetAttributesToChapter (self, 2);		//this sets attributes for the NPC (strenght, dex...) atomaticly. You can set them manually, but it isnt neccessary for the beginning													

// ------ Kampf-Taktik ------
    	fight_tactic		= FAI_HUMAN_NORMAL;  //here you can give the NPC a fight Tactic, that means the strategy for fighting(how often he Blocks, attacke...) There are:FAI_HUMAN_NORMAL, FAI_HUMAN_Coward, FAI_HUMAN_strong, FAI_HUMAN_master

// ------ Equippte Waffen ------																
    	EquipItem	(self, ItMw_1h_VLK_Dagger); //here you can give the NPC a weapon, which he equips

// ------ Inventory ------
    	CreateInvItems (self, ItFo_Apple,12); //Here you give the NPC some different Items in his inventory;
    	CreateInvItems (self, ItFo_Bread, 5);
    	CreateInvItems (self, ItFo_Milk,  5);

// ------ visuals ------																			
    	B_SetNpcVisual 		(self, MALE, "Hum_Head_Bald", //This is the form of the Head
    Face_N_Normal20, BodyTex_N,ITAR_Vlk_L);	// Facetexture, Bodytexture and Armor
    	Mdl_SetModelFatness	(self,0);  //here you can commit his fatness
    	Mdl_ApplyOverlayMds	(self, "Humans_Tired.mds"); //this are animations Overlays, but they arent neccessary for the beginning

// ------ NSC-relevante Talente vergeben ------
    	B_GiveNpcTalents (self); //It gives the NPC his talents (not neccessary at the beginning)

// ------ Kampf-Talente ------																	
    	B_SetFightSkills (self, 30); //This are the NPCs Fightskills in Percent. 30 means, that he has 30% of every weaponcathegory

// ------ TA anmelden ------
    	daily_routine 		= Rtn_Start_458;  This starts his daily Routine, the number at the and must be the same as the id.And the name of the daily_routine must be like the Function name below (red)
    };

FUNC VOID Rtn_Start_458() // his daily routine
    {	
    	TA_Stand_Sweeping	(05,00,06,00,"NW_CITY_MAINSTREET_02");// an Action, time of beginning, time of ending, the Waypoint in the World where he does it.
    	TA_Stand_WP		 	(06,00,09,30,"NW_CITY_MERCHANT_TRADE_01");
    	TA_Stand_Sweeping	(09,30,10,00,"NW_CITY_MAINSTREET_02");
    	TA_Stand_WP			(10,00,12,55,"NW_CITY_MERCHANT_TRADE_01");
    	TA_Pee				(12,55,13,30,"NW_CITY_MERCHANT_TRADE_03");
    	TA_Stand_WP			(14,00,15,30,"NW_CITY_MERCHANT_TRADE_01");
    	TA_Stand_Sweeping	(15,30,16,00,"NW_CITY_MAINSTREET_02");
    	TA_Stand_WP			(16,00,16,25,"NW_CITY_MERCHANT_TRADE_01");
    	TA_Pee				(16,25,16,30,"NW_CITY_MERCHANT_TRADE_03");
    	TA_Stand_WP			(16,30,17,30,"NW_CITY_MERCHANT_TRADE_01");
    	TA_Stand_Sweeping	(17,30,18,00,"NW_CITY_MAINSTREET_02");
    	TA_Stand_WP			(18,00,20,00,"NW_CITY_MERCHANT_TRADE_01");
    	TA_Sit_Chair		(20,00,00,00,"NW_CITY_SHOP02_SIT");
        TA_Sleep 			(00,00,05,00,"NW_CITY_BED_RUPERT");
    };

3.When you have looked a bit on finished scripts, you should copy it in an empty txt-file and save it as YOURINSTANCE.d.

4. Now you open the new script which you have saved and modificate, the different points how you want. But be carefull with the instance and id.
    They must be unique from other NPCs.

5. Save your file now.

Okay, now you want to have your new NPC in the World:
    6.Open the file startup.d
    Here you can set your NPC in the new world.
    scroll down to Rupert:
    Code:
    Wld_InsertNpc (VLK_458_Rupert		, "NW_CITY_ENTRANCE_01");	//Your NPCs Instance, The Waypoint wehre your NPC starts.
    copy the line and past it below.
    Now modificate it for your NPC, with his Instance like:
    Code:
    Wld_InsertNpc (VLK_90010_KARL_FRIEDRICH_DIETER		, "NW_CITY_ENTRANCE_01");
    Now you start the Gothic starter and make an x in the first box from top (reparse Scripts or so(have the german version))

7.Now start a new game and go to the Waypoint where you set your NPC.

I hope that was helpful

@Werner: Wenns dir nichts ausmacht, dann editier/korrigier meine jämerlichen Fehler
    Die 3 Fehlerchen, hat sich ja kaum das edit-button-drücken für gelohnt!^^
    Geändert von WernerTWC (27.12.2005 um 17:18 Uhr)

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13
    Chosen One Avatar von rockfest

rockfest ist offline
    Ok...i'm back for an hour and i see that there is my favourite topic on my favourite forum . If you need here's some dialogue creation explanation.

1. The dialogue system works like a homepage. Every screen where you have options for answers are pages. Think that the choices are links. Here's an example with a full explanation :
    Code:
    INSTANCE DIA_eXecutioner_Exit (C_INFO) //Here is the END option wich must be in every instance of the dialogue so the player can exit from it. As you see it's an C_INFO type
    {
     npc = WOG_eXecutioner; //here's the instance of the character wich talks with the hero. Remember that this is the instance code.
     nr = 999; //This is the number of the dialogue...in this case(the END option) must be put as a big number,like 999, because it always has to appear as the last option.
     condition = DIA_eXecutioner_Exit_Condition; // This is the condition function of the dialogue. If it will be TRUE then the dialogue will be enabled, otherwise it will be not enabled.More on this later.
     information = DIA_eXecutioner_Exit_Info; //The content of the dialogue.More on this later. 
     important = FALSE; //[/highlight]This tells the game if the character must start the dialogue, in this case it's no. Options for this : TRUE,FALSE. [/highlight]
     permanent = TRUE; // This tells the game to show the END option all the time in the dialogue. That means that after the first time you stop the dialogue the next time the END will still be there. If you would select FALSE after you select it for the first time it will dissapear.
     description = "END"; //This is how the the instance of the dialogue will appear on the screen.
    };
     FUNC INT DIA_eXecutioner_Exit_Condition () //This is the condition function for the dialogue. It can return TRUE or FALSE beeing an INT type.
    {
     return TRUE; //In this case you can always chose END.
    };
     FUNC VOID DIA_eXecutioer_Exit_Info () //This is where the actual dialogue is...beeing a VOID function it will return nothing but it doesn't need to return anything.
    {
     AI_StopProcessInfos (self); // This means that the dialogue stops wich you want to happen in this casse.
    };

//******* This is a comment and it will be ignored by the compiler. It is used so the scripter can find eaasier the code in a big file. The comments need to start with / .
    //HELO
    //*******

INSTANCE DIA_eXecutioner_Hello (C_Info)
    {
     npc = WOG_eXecutioner;
     nr = 2;
     condition = DIA_eXecutioner_Hello_Condition;
     information = DIA_eXecutioner_Hello_Info;
     permanent = FALSE; // This means that the topic will be discused only once.
     important = TRUE; // This means that the NPC will intrerupt you and start the dialogue.
    //As you can see i didn't put any description because the NPC will start the dialogue and after that the dialogue will not be available.
    };

FUNC INT DIA_eXecutioer_Hello_Condition ()
    {
     if (WOG_BEST_FORUM == TRUE) // Here the dialogue will start only if the int variable WOG_BEST_FORUM is TRUE. This variable can be put in other dialogues. In shorter version if WOG_BEST_FORUM is FALSE the NPC won't say hello to you.
     {
      return TRUE;
     }
     else
     {
      return FALSE; //You don't have to put this because if the function won't return TRUE it will return FALSE. This is for you to have an ideea on if-then-else structure in DAEDALUS.
     };
    };

FUNC VOID DIA_eXecutioner_Hello_Info ()
    {
     AI_Output (self,other,"DIA_eXecutioner_Hello_05_00"); //Hello there Rockfest.
     AI_Output (other,self,"DIA_eXecutioner_Hello_05_01"); //Hy Robert.
     AI_Output (other,self,"DIA_eXecutioner_Hello_05_02"); //How are you?
     AI_Output (self,other,"DIA_eXecutioner_Hello_05_03"); //I'm fine. I just want to see how the dialogue system works in Gothic scripts.
     AI_Output (other,self,"DIA_eXecutioner_Hello_05_04"); //Ok then. Here's this for you, maybe it will help.
     AI_Output (self,other,"DIA_eXecutioner_Hello_05_05"); //Yeah, it's helpfull.  :D 
    };

//I didn't put any comments up there because after : // starts the dialogue. In any case, here's what everything meant :
    // AI_Output = this means that a character will start to say something.
    // other = It's actually the hero. If it's the first then that means that he is the one who sais the sentence.
    // self = Is the NPC. Like before, if he is the first then he is the one who sais the sentence.
    // "DIA_eXecutioner_Hello... = This is the Instance of the dialogue.
    // "...05,00" = 05 is the pitch of the voice. If you don't use ay audio then you can put this number or any other one. 00 is the number of the sentence. See that with everytime that the character says something the number is increasing. If you use more than one instance (and in most cases you will use more than one) the counter starts again. This number increases for every instance of the dialogue.
    Enough for now because my hands started to get tired and i only have 7 minutes. Another time i will continue it. You have to know that this is a very basic dialogue.
    Btw, start learning some programming(C++ for this case or some Pascal). If you want to do this you have to know a little of programming because it makes the work alot easier. Good luck.
    Geändert von rockfest (27.12.2005 um 18:43 Uhr)

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14

eXecutioner ist offline
    @ all: I created a NPC called Alexandros wich is actualy a new version of Vino. I inserted him into the world near Lobart and he walked to Vino's position and started digging there. . He also has an ENDE option when you try to talk with him.

Ok I know now how to create and insert a NPC into the world. Well simple stuff. I edited as you said other NPC's. I will try to tangle with other functions of the code [can you spell destruction ].

I'll now make him be part of the world. So when I load the game he will be at a designated position.

And after I learn this I'll start on makeing the dialogues.

@all Than-q!

I'm gonna have a new NPC in the game untill New Year's eve or you can call me Stinky :P.

*Stinky* Hey who said that...Splater damage...
    Geändert von eXecutioner_id (27.12.2005 um 19:57 Uhr)

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15
    Demigod Avatar von Sumpfkrautjunkie

Sumpfkrautjunkie ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von eXecutioner_id
    Ok now it enters the game but I can't insert Alexandros.In marvin mode I wrote insert INSTANCE BAU_939_Alexandros and he said 'INSTANCE' found. The BAU_939_Alexandros.d file in NPC folder of Gothic 2 NotR is a text file not a .d file althought I saved it with the .d termination. Any suggestions?
    If you want to insert a NPC you should leave "instance" out: only BAU_939_Alexandros

About your Saving-Problem I dont know. When I save it with Notapad, it saves at *d.
    But you can rename the file per F2 an add the .d manually.

ll: I created a NPC called Alexandros (instance BAU_939_Alexandros (Npc_Default)) and now I whant to insert him in the game. After I try to insert him it says that he can't find the instance. I put him in the startup.d file as (Wld_InsertNpc (BAU_939_Alexandros, "NW_CITY_ENTRANCE_01"); ) and I thought that he would be near the front gate. But he isn't. What did I do wrong?
    Perhaps its because of the daily routine. You should check the Waypoints that are listed in the routine. The NPC might be somewhere there.
    Geändert von Sumpfkrautjunkie (27.12.2005 um 19:49 Uhr)

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16

eXecutioner ist offline
    Thanks look at my upper post.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17

rockfest ist offline
    Btw, before starting to do anything else you might want to read this : *click* . I just wrote another part on that dialogue and when i almost finished the current went down. You should have seen my face then. Anyway...it's almost the same thing as it is written in here. There are little differences from what's written in here because it's for G1 but you can figure it out.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18

eXecutioner ist offline
    6.Open the file startup.d
    Here you can set your NPC in the new world.
    scroll down to Rupert:

Code:
    Wld_InsertNpc (VLK_458_Rupert , "NW_CITY_ENTRANCE_01"); //Your NPCs Instance, The Waypoint wehre your NPC starts.

copy the line and past it below.
    Now modificate it for your NPC, with his Instance like:

Code:
    Wld_InsertNpc (VLK_90010_KARL_FRIEDRICH_DIETER , "NW_CITY_ENTRANCE_01");
    I did what you said but I still have to insert the caracter.
    I'll concentrate now on makeing him speak.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19

rockfest ist offline
    I did what you said but I still have to insert the caracter.
    Use the MARVIN console or just put this as a routine :
    Code:
    TA_Stand_WP (08,00,20,00,"NW_CITY_ENTRANCE_01");
    TA_Stand_WP (20,00,08,00,"NW_CITY_ENTRANCE_01");

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20

eXecutioner ist offline
    OK what do I know now:

If I whant to make a new NPC in the world I have to take an older NPC's file and edit it as CeeX said. To insert him you I have to use marvin and type the name of the instance.

Thanks to all the persons who contributed into makeing me learn this.

Now I whant not to need to insert the NPC every time I load the game. (hopefully Rockfest helped me).
    Ok he now sits near the guards at the main gate.I whant to make him appear once I load the game (so that I don't need to insert him every time I load a new game). I also whant to know the waypoint for the three stump near Xardas's tower (near the firts sheep).

I whant to make a simple dialogue for the NPC. (good old Rockfest helped me again). Tomorrow.

I whant to pack the NPC into a file so that I can distribute it to you guys for testing and suggestions.

See Ya!

eXecutioner
    Geändert von eXecutioner_id (27.12.2005 um 20:36 Uhr)

Seite 1 von 10 123458 ... Letzte »