Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 4 von 10 « Erste 12345678 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 61 bis 80 von 195
  1. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #61
    Fighter Avatar von superninja™

superninja™ ist offline
    now i've got it now i'll add some more novices in the lonnies champ Thx you WoG

2. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #62
    Knight Avatar von DeadlyArrow

DeadlyArrow ist offline
    I'm having some weird bugs with Spacer2, somethimes when I load it I can't see the main window with the world. I see all others, but this is somewhere missing, I can only see it at very beginning (when I load Spacer), and then I even can load a zen, but after all other windows appears it disappears. Some time ago it worked just perfect, but now i have no idea what to do (i tried reinstall)

3. Beiträge anzeigen #63
    Demigod Avatar von Sumpfkrautjunkie

Sumpfkrautjunkie ist offline
    Its a Bug which comes often. To get the Spacerwindow back, open the Regestryeditor.
    In the Regestry you move over

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    =>Software
    =>Piranha Bytes
    =>Spacer
    =>Settings

to the Keyentry "winMain" in the right half of the window.
    Delete this entry and restart the Spacer.

4. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #64

DeadlyArrow ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Sumpfkrautjunkie
    open the Regestryeditor
    sorry for dumb question, but where is this Regestryeditor?
    tnx

5. Beiträge anzeigen #65
    Demigod Avatar von Sumpfkrautjunkie

Sumpfkrautjunkie ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von DeadlyArrow
    sorry for dumb question, but where is this Regestryeditor?
    tnx
    I ve no english Windows, so I cant give you an exact answer, but if you klick on the "Start" button there must be a shortlink called something like 'Execute'. A small window should be opened in which you must type "regedit" and push enter.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #66
    Veteran Avatar von thegame_

thegame_ ist offline
    Start -> Run -> regedit -> ok
    thats for the english vers

7. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #67

DeadlyArrow ist offline
    It works!!!
    Geändert von DeadlyArrow (26.01.2006 um 16:20 Uhr)

8. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #68

DeadlyArrow ist offline
    OK, now I have some questions again
    1. Can I take vobs from one zen and add then to another? If "yes" - how?
    2. I modifyed zen file and I want to look at changes in game, I guess, I need to make kinda mod and load it via starter, but how to do it? I can make *.mod file, but I don't know which files should I use when building.
    3. Is it possible somehow manage switches? For example, lattice is closed, but I want it being opened.

tnx

9. Beiträge anzeigen #69
    Chosen One Avatar von rockfest

rockfest ist offline
    1. Can I take vobs from one zen and add then to another? If "yes" - how?
    Well if you want to add a new mesh to an existing zen then you only have to add the .3ds file in the zen using the Vob menu. If you want to add a mesh wich already is in another zen then you have to use the vdfs tool to extract it from Meshes.vdf or Meshes_addon.vdf. After that select the mesh you want and you will have a new vob ...
    Now if you don't know how to add vobs and attaching them a visual(the mesh) then say it and i will explain because i don't want to write if you already know .

2. I modifyed zen file and I want to look at changes in game, I guess, I need to make kinda mod and load it via starter, but how to do it? I can make *.mod file, but I don't know which files should I use when building.
    Just finish everything you wanted to do with the zen and compile the light(medium) and then compile the world. Then save the zen as a compile one. After that just use the Vdfs tool to build a .mod and add only your zen file.
    the .mod file should be in modvdf folder and create in system a new .ini file by copying the text from Gothicgame.ini . Btw, make sure that in the new .ini file you will have the right path of your zen file. Default is : World=NewWorld\NewWorld.zen and change the name so you will know wich is your mod, default : Title=Gothic II - Die Nacht des Raben.

3. Is it possible somehow manage switches? For example, lattice is closed, but I want it being opened.
    I didn't managed to work to much with the spacer so i can not answer your question but i remember that the tutorial from RPGDot.com explained how switches work ...if you need a trigger attached to the switch then you will have to create a script. Or maybe it is possible to do it from the spacer? Who knows? Maybe some else can answer this

10. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #70

DeadlyArrow ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von rockfest
    you want to add a mesh wich already is in another zen
    yes
    Now if you don't know how to add vobs and attaching them a visual(the mesh) then say it and i will explain because i don't want to write if you already know
    no, i don't know it jet, so it would be fine if you could explain

btw i see, all mods have *.dmp files in "Gothic II" folder, what "do" these files?

11. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #71
    Pumpkins fly free  Avatar von Freddy

Freddy ist offline
    To place vobs you may use the Vobbilder Katalog. All Vobs are shown and you get the name of the 3DS. Just copy it into the field "visual" of the vob.

The .dmp-files contain the infos gathered from the initialization when you first start a mod.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #72

rockfest ist offline
    no, i don't know it jet, so it would be fine if you could explain
    .... i missed talking about moding. Only stupid physics and maths ...

First select wich kind of Vob you want to create. Look at the already made Vobs to see wich kind of vob you want. For example if you want to add a container just take a look at one wich is already made and see what kind of vob it is.
    Then select the Objects window and select from the list the kind of vob you want to insert. click on the desired type and right click in the world to add it. Example :
    -oCVob
    -oCMOB
    -oCMobInter
    -oCMobSwitch
    Then right click in the world and select Insert [X]. In this case it's : Insert [oCMobSwitch].
    Then you will be taken to the Modify page from the Objects page.
    You have there the name of the Vob wich you should put something there for you to know.
    Then you have Visual wich is the thing we want. Click File from the bottom of the window and you will be taken to a Browse window. Select from the right folders the mesh you want(these have names wich you can figure out what they are).
    The other fields from the Objects page are not that important except :
    cdStatic - tells if in the game the vob will move or not (i'm not 100% sure about this...it's been too much physics and my mind has forgot alot )
    cdDyn - this tells if the Vob has dynamics in the game. That means if the hero or an npc will just pass through it like it wouldn't be there.
    StaticVob - i think it blocks the Vob to be moved in the spacer...(again i'm not sure. i confuse the first one with this one )
    there are other like FocusName - the name wich will appear in the game when the hero will focus the camera on the Vob and the trigger features. Like i said, i only know how to attach them to a script, i don't know if you can make events in the spacer(maybe a "cowboy" will come in here )
    Btw, after every change you make hit the Apply button so the changes will be saved ....
    That would be all

edit :
    To place vobs you may use the Vobbilder Katalog. All Vobs are shown and you get the name of the 3DS. Just copy it into the field "visual" of the vob.
    Now i always asked myself what did vobbilder is doing ...looks like i know now ...
    Geändert von rockfest (26.01.2006 um 17:08 Uhr)

13. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #73

DeadlyArrow ist offline
    @rockfest
    tnx a lot, it works just perfect

i'm downloading this vobbilder, i'll see what i can do with it

a new question - can i somehow resize objects (like shrines etc)?

14. Beiträge anzeigen #74

rockfest ist offline
    a new question - can i somehow resize objects (like shrines etc)?
    One guess is : 3D Studio Max. There you can modify the original mesh so i think that there is what you want to do. i'm not sure about this actually. I remember seeing some settings about height in the armor asc files but those were for textures and to be honest i don't have the slightes clue about it.

15. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #75

DeadlyArrow ist offline
    About compiling world - what means Indoor and Outdoor?

16. Beiträge anzeigen #76

rockfest ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von DeadlyArrow
    About compiling world - what means Indoor and Outdoor?
    Outdoor - World zen's. Example : Old Camp, New Camp, New world and so on.
    Indoor - Indoor zen's. I never worked with one but i think that it would be sleeper's temple, orc cave. Places where the light doesn't enter.

17. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #77

DeadlyArrow ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von rockfest
    Outdoor - World zen's. Example : Old Camp, New Camp, New world and so on.
    Indoor - Indoor zen's. I never worked with one but i think that it would be sleeper's temple, orc cave. Places where the light doesn't enter.
    I guessed the same Ok, I compiled it as outworld and made mod file in modvdf, which exactly path i need to write in ini file? World=??? Or I just should write the title like World=NewWorldMy.zen
    tnx

18. Beiträge anzeigen #78

rockfest ist offline
    I asked myself the same question but i think the answer is already in GothicGame.ini. PB set the path : NewWorld\NewWorld.zen so i guess that you should do the same...If you want the mod to be in a new folder in WORLDS, like MyMod\MyMod.zen then set the correct path. I don't think it's that important anyway...it's more a way of keeping things clean and to not make a mess.

PS : I forgot to say that you should modify in the .ini this line : VDF=GothicGame.mod Put in here the name of the .mod file ...sorry about that.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #79
    Apprentice Avatar von Necromanc3R

Necromanc3R ist offline

editors for G1

can you tell me a program that cand edit the major aspects of gothic 1 ?

20. Beiträge anzeigen #80

rockfest ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Necromanc3R
    can you tell me a program that cand edit the major aspects of gothic 1 ?
    Read the pages of this thread and read this little FAQ translated by CeeX ---> click

PS : Thread editors for G1 merged with Basic moding thread

Seite 4 von 10 « Erste 12345678 ... Letzte »