Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 6 von 6
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Rookie Avatar von Karyyn

Karyyn ist offline

[G3] [Release] Royal Paladins, Guards and shields

Hi,

this is the first time i show anything i made with my poor skills in skinning so... Sorry in advance if it doesn't look good ^^ !

This is a complete reskin of the Paladin armor and the royal guard variant. As well as a new pattern for king Rhobar's shield and paladin's shield.

I wanted to give the Paladins a more "exotic" feel with their armor, instead of a poor "western-europe-medieval-style". Also i wanted the paladins to use the same symbol than Rhobar's shield, which looked like a white avatar of beliar ? Something like this. Well the goal was to make Rhobar and his paladins share the same patterns without killing the skins.

Paladin armor:
    [Bild: royalpaladinfront.jpg]
    [Bild: royalpaladinback.jpg]

Kings Guard armor:

[Bild: kingsguard1.jpg]
    [Bild: kingsguard2.jpg]

Royal/Paladin Shield:

[Bild: rhobarpaladinshieldpatt.jpg]

These skins are a mix of copy/paste, clone tools etc, with photoshop. It all comes from existing textures of the game, kingsguard armor, paladin armor, and paladin "orcish" armor (the one Angar is wearing).

There is the diffuse file, along with the normal file and i changed a bit the specular file for the shields.

Anyway, just looking for comments, maybe i can make a skinpack out of it with a little more work ^^ !
    Geändert von Karyyn (01.11.2010 um 16:10 Uhr) Grund: Update

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Veteran Avatar von miku-juku

miku-juku ist offline
    Well, i like it
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    Q:How to fight in Arcania?
    Zitat Zitat von Petyamester Beitrag anzeigen
    My strategy was click click click click click click click click click click click click click click win.

Probably the coolest place in Gothic 3

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Rookie Avatar von Karyyn

Karyyn ist offline
    Thanks !

I wanted to mod the game after a few hours of play, but i couldn't find a lot of nice new textures for the paladins. Found a few here, the silver like paladin armor looks nice ingame, especially the chainmail skirt ! There's the funny ones too like superman etc ^^ !

Still, i wanted to keep a more realistic/immersive style.

I'm planning of improving those armor skin with a few fix:

- To prevent the repetitive pattern on the armored skirt to be visible, i'll place leather straps upon it (to hide where the two similar pattern merges). I think mixing a bit more metal parts and secondary elements like leather and chainmail improves the overall style of the armor by giving it more than an "over-shiny-metal-effect" to look at xD !

(How the heck can you get out of this armor anyway without those tiny details ! :O ! )

- Maybe it would be best i if kept the original paladin upper torso pattern to give the armor a more natural look. If so, i'll try to make the paladin shield style more close to the original with a few improvements in color and details.

- I'm Ready to try a reskin more based on the original western/grey metal style. I think it could look nice keeping the color changes, chainmail/clothing and leather parts, upon an improved version of the vanilla paladin armors.

- Finally, i'll work on the complete replacement for the secondary/wounded paladin textures to prevent them to look out of the place, because i was too lazy to finish it the first time ^^ !

Anyway, i'm really having fun slashing orcs wearing those reskinned paladin armor and stuff, it makes me retry a new game every weeks (^^) to test the skin and do some epic fights wearing the different styles i made !

Feel free to give me any suggestion/advice on things that could improve those skins further !

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Veteran Avatar von miku-juku

miku-juku ist offline
    I'll be looking forward to this.

If you need help then go to http://g3modding.terapad.com/
    the website owner was active when i contacted him
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    Q:How to fight in Arcania?
    Zitat Zitat von Petyamester Beitrag anzeigen
    My strategy was click click click click click click click click click click click click click click win.

Probably the coolest place in Gothic 3

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Rookie Avatar von Karyyn

Karyyn ist offline
    Hi !

I finished the skins for the Paladins and the Kings Guards. A few fixes to the overall look of the armors, and new normal files to improve ingame rendering for both the armor and the paladin shield.

Here's the screen, of course the armor style not visible on it are fully reskinned too !

[Bild: paladinarmorsv2z.jpg]

Also i made it a small skinpack, files are TGA's. I think you just need to copy and replace your Gothic3\Data with the one i made, it contains the files in their respective folder. Well tell me if i'm wrong about this, anyway that's how it works with my game ^^ !

http://www.filefront.com/17462029/Go...adin_Armor.rar

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Sword Master Avatar von C-Hawk

C-Hawk ist offline
    The link doesn't work. Can't you just upload it to WOG?
    Upload here maximum is 10 MB
    Arcadia - A click and win tale