Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Umfrageergebnis anzeigen: You've played the demo? So, how was it?

• Great! A true Gothic game!

9 7,09%
  • Not as bad as people predicted. It's quite good.

25 19,69%
  • It's an OK RPG, but it ain't Gothic, no way.

41 32,28%
  • Meh, I knew it'd turn out this way.

17 13,39%
  • Gonna wait a while. Not worth the full price, that's for sure.

4 3,15%
  • What?! I'm wanting a refund for my lost traffic. X(

11 8,66%
  • Haven't played it.

9 7,09%
  • Downloaded it, but it wouldn't work (technical difficulties).

11 8,66%

Teilnehmer
127. Du darfst bei dieser Umfrage nicht abstimmen
Seite 2 von 20 « Erste 123456913 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 400
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #21
    Mod-Starter Project  Avatar von LordOfWAR

LordOfWAR ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Larisa Beitrag anzeigen
    Don't know anything official, on the German part they started collecting performance info (system info, how many fps, etc.).

Do you have anything forced in the video-card's driver?

Look in VideoSettings.xml, I've set some settings to false, like shadows and rim_light, now I have grey sheeps , but no major increase in fps.
    Hm, I am set all settings to the false, but it doesn't help. I just read post in russian wog section, that another user have Radeon x1950 video card and he have same situation. So, probably x.... series will have problems until Splellbound or ATI will fix this
    #Stand With Ukraine

2. Beiträge anzeigen #22
    Rookie

Retarder ist offline
    Does it have the Gothic feeling ?

3. Beiträge anzeigen #23

LordOfWAR ist offline
    #Stand With Ukraine

4. Beiträge anzeigen #24
    General Avatar von Sakabato

Sakabato ist offline
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    The Smith : You know, she's pregnant...
    Nameless Shepeard : What?
    The Smith : You know what I mean...
    Nameless Shepeard : But how?

Idiot...That's what you get for being an ignorant shepeard who doesn't know about sexual intercourse results. ^^'

Anyway...Loved the inital part, do I need to add spoilers? I guess so...
    - Being a regular shepeard who was actually found out in the beach
    - Having to marry your loved one, wich is actually a pretty good looking girl(remembers me of a girl who lives close to my mother's house)
    - Having her, you know..Pregnant?

Plus, this new hero is much good looking then the older one(graphics maybe?), and the fighting system is not that bad.
    Oh and..

P.S : "Some guy" said Diego had a "hachet" it's not a hachet, it's a machete, wich is a blade, and his real sword is a sabre, like he always had.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #25
    Deus Avatar von WernerTWC

WernerTWC ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von LordOfWAR Beitrag anzeigen
    [...]
    I've read about a prob with 2 monitors, if you have 2 displays, plug the second one out.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #26
    Knight Avatar von NCONiall

NCONiall ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Sakabato Beitrag anzeigen
    Plus, this new hero is much good looking then the older one(graphics maybe?)
    I prefer the old nameless' looks I still remember that face he used in Gothic I when
    they recharged Uriziel(think I spelt that wrong lol) it was hilarious.
    Geändert von NCONiall (23.09.2010 um 18:30 Uhr) Grund: fail lol....

7. Beiträge anzeigen #27

8. Beiträge anzeigen #28
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von WernerTWC Beitrag anzeigen
    Jeez Louise, so many hits. That's where all the traffic goes.

On that note, I was wondering - is WoP hosted on some really expensive dedicated host or is it on a private server, plugged into the wall-socket in some guys' study?

9. Beiträge anzeigen #29
    Veteran Avatar von Takuu

Takuu ist offline
    Few thoughts about the demo. (still haven't finished)
    Overall this is good game. The game runs smoothly on my kinda old system (Athlon dual core 2Ghz , 4 g ram, 9600gt oc).
    The graphics are beautiful even if you lower em down. Better than Risen's one. The game have A lot of cool looking features that make you wanna play it more. for example
    the waves from the sea are hypnotizing I caught myself watching em for some time and got this immerse feeling that I wanna swim in that water.. I couldn't ofcourse . there was invisible wall..
    Not being able to climb is not big deal as the hero jumps pretty high..
    The combat system is kinda fun. Yes it could be better but am satisfied even with this. I like the dodge feature on right click.
    I Really liked the bow design, those thingies on the bow string.. The combat with it its like improved version of Gothic 3 which is really good. You cant take back your arrows tho which is stupid
    I dont like the behavior of the npcs. I killed the chickens but the town lady didn't cared.. Then I shot some arrows at her. Nothing. She wasn't harmed. Didn't even yelled at me. No one said anything for drawing my weapon in the village.. That and the invisible walls where the only stupid things I saw in this demo. I hope the invisible walls are just the demo restriction tho..
    Fighting on the internet is like running in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarded
    Geändert von Takuu (23.09.2010 um 20:53 Uhr)

10. Beiträge anzeigen #30
    Sword Master Avatar von Hampu

Hampu ist offline
    The camera was just akward, too sensitive...
    I din't really like how all of a sudden he was a hero, killing undead PALADINS... Even on hard they didn't give me much of a problem...
    The only hard part in combat is fighting multiple tough enemies, even then you can win pretty easily...

The demo wasn't great, can't say it was a real gothic but it was a decent RPG... But compared to previous gothic games it's soo simplified...

11. Beiträge anzeigen #31

NCONiall ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Tratos Beitrag anzeigen
    On that note, I was wondering - is WoP hosted on some really expensive dedicated host or is it on a private server, plugged into the wall-socket in some guys' study?
    Magic.......

Lol i'm installing the demo right now and already it's lagging.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #32
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Finished it.

The world looks good, but a little empty. On low settings, the caves look bad. I didn't like how the waves covered whole boats.
    I tried to see how much resources it eats, CPU at 50-60% kinda all the time, RAM only 450MBs.

Combat... pretty easy. Never reached half of health. With the bow was kinda annoying to aim under 10 fps. With magic I shot left and right, above and under those sand crabs or whatever they were. Still they got hit.

I guess we don't see in the demo the exact beginning from the game, 'cause the first quest with the molerats that infested the field apparently was already done/not doable. Diego apparently knew me from before
    At some point I had a quest description that got me WTF!?! When did that happened? It seems I found out later what I already knew in the past.

The witch had a annoyingly epic voice.

I hope the last quests would be about diapers.

No way to pass time, no swimming, no teachers, invisible walls, indifferent NPCs, cooking without a pan or a fire... a decent RPG, but it doesn't fell like a G for me.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #33

NCONiall ist offline
    Lol that's wierd everytime I load the game it doesn't load at all, I mean when I click "Start Demo" then "Normal" it loads but it just stays at the loading screen, I can hear the hero talking to Ivy but it just stays at the artwork, would this be beacause I am trying to run the game on a single core?

I no longer have my i7 computer because I never really played games, I can play Risen, all the Gothics fine on this computer, but this game? It's the first not to work that I have tried this year.

Guess i'll just wait for the PS3 version.....

14. Beiträge anzeigen #34
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von NCONiall Beitrag anzeigen
    I mean when I click "Start Demo" then "Normal" it loads but it just stays at the loading screen, I can hear the hero talking to Ivy but it just stays at the artwork, would this be beacause I am trying to run the game on a single core?
    Sounds like the problem LordOfWAR is having.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #35
    General Avatar von GothicFighter

GothicFighter ist offline
    I've played a part of the demo and recorded. The game it's amazing but it's not Gothic anymore(not saying that g3 was) Amazing graphics, good optimization(instant save,quick loading time) but the FPS is a bit poor but not non-playable. With low shadows it's ~40fps and it looks quite the same as Ultra Shadows(whic runs at ~25 - 30 FPS) I'm gonna post the video as soon as I upload it.
    previous nickname - "ThePlaya"

16. Beiträge anzeigen #36
    Skinhead  Avatar von Hellbilly

Hellbilly ist offline
    In true Gothic-style, horrid voice acting. That witch... argh. Makes me lament the fact we cannot indiscriminately kill whoever we choose!

Other than that, so far the demo has made my gut feeling seem right; feels just about as 'wrong' as Risen did; both games are obviously "successors" to the legacies of the Gothics in their own ways, and so far it seems that like Risen, Arcania will fail to hit the mark. But like Risen, Arcania may be a reasonably enjoyable game. This demo is way too linear, I hope the actual game has more freedom and side quests.

The combat is OK; on normal I got hit bad a few times but overall it feels easy and kinda intuitive, but far from superb. Roll - attack - roll seems to be a failsafe method most of the time.

The world looks nice. Lowering the resolution, I just had to drop some of the shadows down a bit but could play everything maxed out otherwise; looked appeasing enough, and the sunset looked stunningly beautiful with the light acting very lifelike. The characters look varying... some, like Diego, looked really good, but the blacksmith friend didn't look so good.

Not being able to swim was surprisingly disturbing. It wasn't much of a bother in Risen, but in Arcania it for some reason bugged me a lot more.

But what bugs me the most is the nondescript music. I really, really, really miss the memorable soundtracks of Gothic I - III, in particular the first two.

The levelling/skill system... meh.

First impressions:
    I feel this is certainly not the disaster many were proclaiming; all in all quite enjoyable. Only time and the full game with the open world will tell how good the game is, but judging by the demo I am expecting a decent game. Not a classic, but an OK game. Judging by the demo, I can see myself buying this at full price, depending a bit on the initial reviews, but I ain't gonna pre-order it.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #37
    Local Hero Avatar von mihail

mihail ist offline
    played it all , nice graphics , story seems ok , i realy liked the armors, i hope in the full version won t be so easy overall seems a realy good game........BUT IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GOTHIC

18. Beiträge anzeigen #38
    Veteran Avatar von Takuu

Takuu ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Hellbilly Beitrag anzeigen
    But what bugs me the most is the nondescript music. I really, really, really miss the memorable soundtracks of Gothic I - III, in particular the first two.

Exactly! After 30 min of playing I asked myself - where is the soundtrack? It was like there is no music in particular, only random notes..
    Fighting on the internet is like running in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarded

19. Beiträge anzeigen #39
    General Avatar von Sakabato

Sakabato ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Hampu Beitrag anzeigen
    I din't really like how all of a sudden he was a hero, killing undead PALADINS... Even on hard they didn't give me much of a problem...
    The only hard part in combat is fighting multiple tough enemies, even then you can win pretty easily...
    Actually I found that very interesting...^^
    It was a dream, in case you haven't noticed.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #40

LordOfWAR ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von NCONiall Beitrag anzeigen
    Lol that's wierd everytime I load the game it doesn't load at all, I mean when I click "Start Demo" then "Normal" it loads but it just stays at the loading screen, I can hear the hero talking to Ivy but it just stays at the artwork, would this be beacause I am trying to run the game on a single core?

I no longer have my i7 computer because I never really played games, I can play Risen, all the Gothics fine on this computer, but this game? It's the first not to work that I have tried this year.

Guess i'll just wait for the PS3 version.....
    Hi, I have same problem. Which type of video-card you have ? Radeon X1.... ?
    #Stand With Ukraine

Seite 2 von 20 « Erste 123456913 ... Letzte »