Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Umfrageergebnis anzeigen: You've played the demo? So, how was it?

• Great! A true Gothic game!

9 7,09%
  • Not as bad as people predicted. It's quite good.

25 19,69%
  • It's an OK RPG, but it ain't Gothic, no way.

41 32,28%
  • Meh, I knew it'd turn out this way.

17 13,39%
  • Gonna wait a while. Not worth the full price, that's for sure.

4 3,15%
  • What?! I'm wanting a refund for my lost traffic. X(

11 8,66%
  • Haven't played it.

9 7,09%
  • Downloaded it, but it wouldn't work (technical difficulties).

11 8,66%

Teilnehmer
127. Du darfst bei dieser Umfrage nicht abstimmen
Seite 9 von 20 « Erste ... 2567891011121316 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 161 bis 180 von 400
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #161
    Knight Commander Avatar von Demonium

Demonium ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Meemo Beitrag anzeigen
    Guys, I honestly can't run the demo... I installed it and when I try to run it says, "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." Needless to say, I tried reinstalling it. Any tips?
    start>control panel>sound>Output device>properties>advanced>24bit 48000hz

Try to change that to all output sound devices...Even for speakers...It worked for me

2. Beiträge anzeigen #162
    Ranger Avatar von Meemo

Meemo ist offline
    This may sound crazy, but I can't find that, being the ultranoob that I am. I clicked start and control panel and found sound and audio devices. I didn't see output device but I saw hardware...thats the only place I saw properties so I clicked...didn't see any advanced or 24 bit 48000hz. Sorry, may I ask for more ignorance-proof instructions?

3. Beiträge anzeigen #163
    Schwertmeister Avatar von bigsnappy

bigsnappy ist offline
    I just played for 15 minutes or so and ran into several invisible walls.
    I couldn't even make the hero wade through certain parts of shallow water. Oh, come on!

To me this destroys that great feeling of freedom I had in G2 and G3.
    Very disappointing.

I will not buy the game when it hits the shelves, like I did when G3 was released. Maybe I will buy it later on, but I will certainly wait for the first tests of the release version.
    Everything is relative... until it bites.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #164
    Veteran Avatar von Takuu

Takuu ist offline
    This may sound crazy, but I can't find that, being the ultranoob that I am. I clicked start and control panel and found sound and audio devices. I didn't see output device but I saw hardware...thats the only place I saw properties so I clicked...didn't see any advanced or 24 bit 48000hz. Sorry, may I ask for more ignorance-proof instructions?

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/7561/instruction.jpg

you can just click on the speaker icon and it will open the speaker properties tab..
    Fighting on the internet is like running in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarded

5. Beiträge anzeigen #165
    Ranger Avatar von Meemo

Meemo ist offline
    Ahh hold up.... I am using XP, not Vista. How do you do that on XP? Because when I click on the speakers icon, that's not what shows up for me.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #166
    Veteran Avatar von Takuu

Takuu ist offline
    Ahh hold up.... I am using XP, not Vista. How do you do that on XP? Because when I click on the speakers icon, that's not what shows up for me.
    hmm .. i don't know how to change the sample rate and bit depth in windows xp, but if you have some software for your audio device (like my Realtek Audio Manager), you can do the same thing from there..

http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/5907/fawi.jpg

If that doesn't work you will have to wait till tomorrow, till the members wake up (Larisa) I am sure they will be able to help you.. I did my best..
    Fighting on the internet is like running in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarded

7. Beiträge anzeigen #167
    Rookie

Mc GlEe ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Sakabato Beitrag anzeigen
    You don't need to apologize for lack of english, since most of the comunity here is from all across the World. ^^
    So stay cool...
    But something here is pretty interesting, among everyone that has already stated that "Gothic is dead!" you try to make it sound so shocking by repeating yourself so much. Come on, the game is not that bad, stop saying it's "Not Gothic!" and that "Gothic it's dead!" because the game "Gothic" will keep living as long as there are developers working on it. Either way, if you don't like the "New-age Gothic" try Risen, it's a lot better, atleast in my opinion. And since it's Piranha Bytes working on it, I guess they are trying to keep the "Gothic" atmosphere in there. ^^

Stay cool... ; )

I totally agree with you!

8. Beiträge anzeigen #168
    Knight Avatar von TeLovesc

TeLovesc ist offline
    well i can`t say much regarding the atmosphere coz i haven`t seen the full world ,but seriously you really expect something good out of this? i mean come on ,these guys had no idea what they`re doing.

if i think of gothic atmosphere i remember when i entered valley of mines in chapter 2 of gothic 2 ,when it was all dark and barely see anything and there was a paladin body and a guy telling me what happened in the castle . I had no idea what is going on until i saw the huge army of orcs roaming outside the castle and i had no idea how to climb up and i had to die a few times to figure out a way to enter the castle. Dunno but when i reached the castle it felt so real ,like there was a real danger out there and fighters were scared...

but you can`t know that ,go back to arcania
    Geändert von TeLovesc (25.09.2010 um 06:43 Uhr)

9. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #169
    Adventurer Avatar von HaKaShi

HaKaShi ist offline
    Here is how
    To see the real difference open them both and switch them as many times as you need to see

AMERICAN
    [Bild: arcaniaamerican.png]

EUROPE
    [Bild: arcaniaeurope.png]

10. Beiträge anzeigen #170
    Rookie

Hein99 ist offline

We'll say it again: This is not Gothic

Why do some poster fuss when some of us state this is not Gothic?
    You relax!
    It's a valid comment. I will buy Arcanian; and from the demo I think I will enjoy it but I will most definitely make my opinion known that this game completely lacks what made Gothic really great. It's an important point and I hope that the developers see this and understand that they may have come close but it's important that they try to do better.

I'll say it again, this is not Gothic.

I'm going to be stubborn on this because I want Arcania 2 to hit the mark and put back all that is missing.

Until then, I'll complain a little and still support and enjoy what I think will be a good game.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #171
    Auserwählter Avatar von eddievedder

eddievedder ist offline
    At least, there seems to be one true benefit of Arcania. Gothic 3 never shone in such a bright light as nowadays, due to the disenchanting shadow Arcania is throwing on the World of Gothic.

Good Job, Spellbound, thanks again for making me realize what a good game Gothic 3 actually was! Didn't see that coming... well, actually i did...
    "ich hab grad nen thread gelöscht, in dem mangelnde meinungsfreiheit hier im forum angeprangert wird und behauptet wird, wir würden negative kritik unterdrücken."
    ~ how to meditate
    Geändert von eddievedder (25.09.2010 um 08:07 Uhr)

12. Beiträge anzeigen #172
    Fighter Avatar von PaladinofInnos

PaladinofInnos ist offline
    Just finished the demo...I doesnt last two hours, no way! I finished it in 1 hour and 10 minutes.

Yes, the graphics are amazing. Yes it is an interesting rpg...

But Gothic? NO! There is not even one thing that reminds me of Gothic. A COMPLETELY ALIEN GAME TO THE GOTHIC SERIES! I cant imagine a better way than Arcania to f...k the Gothic Universe up...

BTW, is it only me who thinks that the battle camera is annoying? Why the hell does it move away from the hero every time I draw my sword and fight? In all gothic series the camera stayed behing the hero and it made you feel part of the battle. Now its like fighting in an isometric platform game...

Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    Isnt it stupid that the demo suddenly ends at King Rhobar III?
    In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti...
    Geändert von PaladinofInnos (25.09.2010 um 10:02 Uhr)

13. Beiträge anzeigen #173
    Neuling

pratolli ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Sakabato Beitrag anzeigen
    You don't need to apologize for lack of english, since most of the comunity here is from all across the World. ^^
    So stay cool...
    But something here is pretty interesting, among everyone that has already stated that "Gothic is dead!" you try to make it sound so shocking by repeating yourself so much. Come on, the game is not that bad, stop saying it's "Not Gothic!" and that "Gothic it's dead!" because the game "Gothic" will keep living as long as there are developers working on it. Either way, if you don't like the "New-age Gothic" try Risen, it's a lot better, atleast in my opinion. And since it's Piranha Bytes working on it, I guess they are trying to keep the "Gothic" atmosphere in there. ^^

Stay cool... ; )
    I tried risen, and I'm still (re)playng it.
    I know, the games as itself is good.
    Well, maybe some communty patch will restore arcania.. Maybe.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #174
    Ranger

Merwanor ist offline
    Ok, i agree that the demo might not have the same feel as Gothic 1 and 2 had. And probably Gothic will never have the same feel without Piranha Bytes.

But i find this to be a more of a reboot of the franchise, its not the same hero anymore so i think i don't mind the change in how it is. I have only tested this on the xbox and i can say with no doubt in my mind that this will be a very good game.
    The graphics, even though the resolution on the xbox was not very good still impressed me. Never seen lighting as good as this before in any game. The fire effects are incredible. And some of the detail is amazing, the weapons on your back move while you move, and at last they gave us a quiver for our arrows.

The acting was cheesy as hell, specially the witch. But i found it entertaining anyways. And i still got the feel of gothic. The creatures looks great, there is still things around that are so gothic it screams. yeah the demo might not be as dark and gloomy as G1 and G2. But i willl not judge this by the demo alone, as it sounds from the story so far, it will be much darker and gloomier than the start is.

I know i will enjoy this game tremendously, can't wait to test it on my epic computer later. This game maxed out will be breathtaking.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #175

Demonium ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von PaladinofInnos Beitrag anzeigen
    BTW, is it only me who thinks that the battle camera is annoying? Why the hell does it move away from the hero every time I draw my sword and fight? In all gothic series the camera stayed behing the hero and it made you feel part of the battle. Now its like fighting in an isometric platform game...
    Yes i forgot to mention this as well...One of the drawbacks is the camera...Its too close or too far. You cant zoom in or out. Thats annoying...Also its placed in a wrong position during fights...
    Isnt it stupid that the demo suddenly ends at King Rhobar III?
    You dont understand what happened? All this is just a dream in another dimension. Something like Fade in Dragon Age. Otherwise it would be also stupid to kill undead paladins that easy at level 4 or wear plate armor so early in the game

16. Beiträge anzeigen #176
    Fighter Avatar von PaladinofInnos

PaladinofInnos ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Demonium Beitrag anzeigen
    You dont understand what happened? All this is just a dream in another dimension. Something like Fade in Dragon Age. Otherwise it would be also stupid to kill undead paladins that easy at level 4 or wear plate armor so early in the game

Yes I figured it out. But it was a very stupid ending for a demo. It doesnt make you hungry to know what will happen next. And it is more stupid that you can kill paladins and get that expensive and strong armor from the beginning...It repeats the mistakes of Gothic 3.
    In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti...

17. Beiträge anzeigen #177

Demonium ist offline
    Yes I figured it out. But it was a very stupid ending for a demo. It doesnt make you hungry to know what will happen next. And it is more stupid that you can kill paladins and get that expensive and strong armor from the beginning...It repeats the mistakes of Gothic 3.

Personally i am interested on whats going to happen next. Only thing you can see in that quest/dream is that you have special abilities and you will meet the king for some reason...

But i dont think that once the hero awakes, he will be still wearing that plate armor and have the strength to kill undead paladins...He will return to reality once he will be awakened and he will be a weakling again...

18. Beiträge anzeigen #178
    Abenteurer

alfangus ist offline
    I think the whole point of the last third of the demo is that its JUST for the demo. In the final game you won't encounter any undead paladins, or see a vision of Rhobar III and his entourage.

I'm pretty sure I saw a mod on the JoWood forums say that part was unique to the demo, and was just to show of some of the stuff you would encounter later on in the game (for people who aren't familiar with the series)

Also, as far as the two pictures on the graphics settings screen go, I think they are showing the day and night image for the setting you have chosen at the moment.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #179
    Rookie

asalcu ist offline
    I don't think anyone is going to bring back Gothic any time soon, perhaps Piranha with their Risen 2 will get close, but that's not really in the Gothic universe. So pure Gothic is gone, but at least we have the first two. Arcania seems to be an alright RPG, amongst the best I have played lately, but as many of you stated, it has little to do with Gothic.
    In other words,
    The King is dead, long live the King!
    Geändert von asalcu (25.09.2010 um 11:27 Uhr)

20. Beiträge anzeigen #180
    Apprentice

zkil_gothic ist offline
    does anyone has a torrent for the demo?
    please...

Seite 9 von 20 « Erste ... 2567891011121316 ... Letzte »