Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Umfrageergebnis anzeigen: You've played the demo? So, how was it?

• Great! A true Gothic game!

9 7,09%
  • Not as bad as people predicted. It's quite good.

25 19,69%
  • It's an OK RPG, but it ain't Gothic, no way.

41 32,28%
  • Meh, I knew it'd turn out this way.

17 13,39%
  • Gonna wait a while. Not worth the full price, that's for sure.

4 3,15%
  • What?! I'm wanting a refund for my lost traffic. X(

11 8,66%
  • Haven't played it.

9 7,09%
  • Downloaded it, but it wouldn't work (technical difficulties).

11 8,66%

Teilnehmer
127. Du darfst bei dieser Umfrage nicht abstimmen
Seite 6 von 20 « Erste ... 23456789101317 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 101 bis 120 von 400
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #101
    Fighter Avatar von PaladinofInnos

PaladinofInnos ist offline
    I ve been playing for around 45 minutes...Well, game is nice if you look at it as an RPG (I cant say more since I havent finished it) but if you look at it as a Gothic title then...IT IS SILLY AND A SHAME TO THE SERIES! There is NOT EVEN ONE of those unique characteristics that made Gothic a pioneer in its genre. Its like playing Fable and Two Worlds at once. A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAME! I wonder why the named it Arcania Gothic 4... No fearsome forests...No creepy music or atmosphere...No decayed, depressing enviroments... Everything is happy like in "A Liittle House on the Prairie". I wonder when the family will pop up to go for a picnic...

Guys, did you see Diego, the most badass character in Gothic? OMG! He looks like a homo with plucked eyebrows and a plastic surgery... All dialogues and voices are ridiculous. They would fit better in bedtime songs to make babies sleep...

Gothic is dead. Amen!

My only hopes for a ressurrection rest on Piranha Bytes, in case they some day make Gothic 5.
    In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti...
    Geändert von PaladinofInnos (24.09.2010 um 14:14 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #102
    Veteran Avatar von Takuu

Takuu ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von PaladinofInnos Beitrag anzeigen
    No fearsome forests...No creepy music or atmosphere...No decayed, depressing enviroments... Everything is happy like in "A Liittle House on the Prairie".
    keep playing the demo...
    Fighting on the internet is like running in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarded

3. Beiträge anzeigen #103

Zitat Zitat von Takuu Beitrag anzeigen
    keep playing the demo...
    I WISH to be proven wrong

4. Beiträge anzeigen #104
    Rookie

IRaven ist offline
    Hello guys! I am new around here. Yday I downloaded the Arcania demo. I have instaled it but when I try to play it I get an error message. "missing d3dx9_42.dll" or smth like that it seems to be the problem. I would gladly apreciate your help. Thank you!

5. Beiträge anzeigen #105
    General Avatar von GothicFighter

GothicFighter ist offline
    Finally got the magic working. The scroll tab in the inventory is kinda tricky to find
    Amazing Demo, it's a worthy Gothic Sequel from my P.O.V.... Flame me.
    previous nickname - "ThePlaya"

6. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #106
    Adventurer Avatar von HaKaShi

HaKaShi ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von IRaven Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello guys! I am new around here. Yday I downloaded the Arcania demo. I have instaled it but when I try to play it I get an error message. "missing d3dx9_42.dll" or smth like that it seems to be the problem. I would gladly apreciate your help. Thank you!
    Download new DirectX ! just google it

7. Beiträge anzeigen #107
    Warrior

Talek ist offline
    Would like some advice on how to tune Arcania and nvidia for best gaming performance.

So far it works pretty weird and never consistently... Several settings cause fps to drop, others dont. Sometimes just relaunching the game gets a +15 fps bonus, -10 malus.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #108
    Veteran Avatar von Colton

Colton ist offline
    So here goes..

I played teh demo for bout an hour.. Liked it in teh big picture but sadly no G4 for me in some time just jet.. Reason is simple.. My laptop sucks.. And in the mission where you must find shrooms for teh orc i only got five, My graphics are turned as minimal as can bea ant the cave looks like a grey sky.. I didnt find the enerance at first cuz I saw the hole in the ground and thought that its a lake of some sort.. after searching for the cave some more I found it cuz i saw a door in teh lake.. Si I found five shrooms and after going through teh cave three times tryng to find the last one.. Nothing.. Since I played with most of the helpfull interface options turned off there were no helpfull twirls over the shrooms either..

So here's some things based on my first hour..
    When I load into teh game the soundtrack is pretty nice reminds a little installing G1 but sadly it starts repeating itself on a wrong spot..
    Hero looks like medevil Dante (tahts probably my wishful thinking and low graphics.. but still) But what's with teh hands.. He looks like a young man but when i look at his hands they're wrinkly like he's atleast 60 (could be low graphics again)
    Kill me for sayng that but I really like the skill system.. Yeah iI kn ow its not at all Gothic.. But I like it still.. I would make slight changes to that but sadly I'm not a game developer..
    I don't like the way all the weapons are placed on his back.. IMO its highly unpractical wearing a machete on your back..
    Combat is good IMO.. I like making combos and rolling awy from blocks.. But what do you expect from a dumb DMC fan..
    And last but not least I love teh stringing gadgets on his bowstring..

So have fun playng..

Yeah I almost forgot..
    Gothic 4: Arcania is not a good name for the game.. I would have sticked with Arcania: A gothic tale..
    I LIKE TO KILL THINGS

9. Beiträge anzeigen #109
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Talek Beitrag anzeigen
    So far it works pretty weird and never consistently... Several settings cause fps to drop, others dont. Sometimes just relaunching the game gets a +15 fps bonus, -10 malus.
    Most say it has great optimization. You just have to be lucky.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #110
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    I suppose this here thread is worth a poll. Cast thy verdicts ppl!

11. Beiträge anzeigen #111
    Abenteurer

alfangus ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von PaladinofInnos Beitrag anzeigen
    I ve been playing for around 45 minutes...Well, game is nice if you look at it as an RPG (I cant say more since I havent finished it) but if you look at it as a Gothic title then...IT IS SILLY AND A SHAME TO THE SERIES! There is NOT EVEN ONE of those unique characteristics that made Gothic a pioneer in its genre. Its like playing Fable and Two Worlds at once. A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAME! I wonder why the named it Arcania Gothic 4... No fearsome forests...No creepy music or atmosphere...No decayed, depressing enviroments... Everything is happy like in "A Liittle House on the Prairie". I wonder when the family will pop up to go for a picnic...

Guys, did you see Diego, the most badass character in Gothic? OMG! He looks like a homo with plucked eyebrows and a plastic surgery... All dialogues and voices are ridiculous. They would fit better in bedtime songs to make babies sleep...

Gothic is dead. Amen!

My only hopes for a ressurrection rest on Piranha Bytes, in case they some day make Gothic 5.

Without wanting to spoil the story (in case you actually decide to play the full game ) I think you should know that the future events for the hero make the cheerful setting on the island a bit more fitting:

Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    Good Old Nameless' troops storm the island and kill everyone but the new guy!

12. Beiträge anzeigen #112
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Tratos Beitrag anzeigen
    I suppose this here thread is worth a poll. Cast thy verdicts ppl!
    Then create it. I want to click nice buttons. Put nice options.

I saw this somewhere else and I remembered it: the lack of alternatives. With the orc, I had plenty of gold, but still the hero limited himself of saying that he has none, so a quest is in order.

A little small annoyance was the level up and crafting icons and text. Too big and kinda never disappeared. Sure, one could say why wouldn't you level up right away? I want to do it in the next minute or two, not in the second the games says so. And crafting... that's even more annoying. Maybe I don't want to craft but to sell those ingredients.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #113

Colton ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Larisa Beitrag anzeigen
    I saw this somewhere else and I remembered it: the lack of alternatives. With the orc, I had plenty of gold, but still the hero limited himself of saying that he has none, so a quest is in order.
    Ouyeah tahsts smth i forgot to mention..
    I LIKE TO KILL THINGS

14. Beiträge anzeigen #114

Zitat Zitat von alfangus Beitrag anzeigen
    Without wanting to spoil the story (in case you actually decide to play the full game ) I think you should know that the future events for the hero make the cheerful setting on the island a bit more fitting
    No, I will definitely play the full version. Can you tell me how long the demo is? Cause if it lasts much longer than 1 hour, I will not finish it and wait for the full version.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #115

Colton ist offline
    I've played for an hour but didnt finish..
    I LIKE TO KILL THINGS

16. Beiträge anzeigen #116
    Warrior

Talek ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Larisa Beitrag anzeigen
    Most say it has great optimization. You just have to be lucky.
    I know. G2 should run smoothly on my rig too, but some issues cause it to be unstable. I know my rig is good, but probably not optimized, hence all the problems.

17. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #117
    Fighter Avatar von Darth Crow

Darth Crow ist offline
    So there's nothing you can tell me about my problem?
    Brothers of Metal will always be there, standing together with hands in the air!

VIVA GOTHIC!

18. Beiträge anzeigen #118
    Knight Avatar von NCONiall

NCONiall ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Darth Crow Beitrag anzeigen
    Join the club, i'm still waiting for someone to find a workaround for the X1xxx series GFX cards, I don't think anyone will though .

19. Beiträge anzeigen #119

Zitat Zitat von Darth Crow Beitrag anzeigen

Pray to Innos!

20. Beiträge anzeigen #120
    Veteran Avatar von Takuu

Takuu ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von NCONiall Beitrag anzeigen
    Join the club, i'm still waiting for someone to find a workaround for the X1xxx series GFX cards, I don't think anyone will though .
    nvidia "the way it's meant to be played"
    Fighting on the internet is like running in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarded

Seite 6 von 20 « Erste ... 23456789101317 ... Letzte »