Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

 
 
 

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. View Forum Posts #1
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    11
     
    bhlaab is offline

    [G2] Do Dex swords also use Dex for damage calc?

    I just got the master sword from Martin and trained myself up to 60 Dex in order to use it. However, I'm not too interested in bows. Should I keep training in Dex to get the most out of the sword, or does it use Strength for damage calculation like everything else?

  2. View Forum Posts #2
    Knight
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,170
     
    Alwin is offline
    Yes, it uses Dex. Wouldn't be much use if it used Strength now would it?

  3. View Forum Posts #3
    Adventurer
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    80
     
    jiopi is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Alwin View Post
    Yes, it uses Dex. Wouldn't be much use if it used Strength now would it?
    No it doesn't. Close combat uses strength to calculate damage, ranged combat dexterity.

  4. View Forum Posts #4
    Knight
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,170
     
    Alwin is offline
    Except that it does. I've just recently played a dex-mercenary, and it does. If it weren't so, my ~15 strength and my Master Sword wouldn't have had much of an effect on monsters...

  5. View Forum Posts #5
    Adventurer
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    80
     
    jiopi is offline
    No it doesn't. What 1HD % skill you had? Here are the damage formulas:

    Code:
    GS = Damage Done
    WS = Weapon Damage/Magic Damage
    ST = Strength (Damagebonus)
    GE = Dexterity (Damagebonus)
    RS = Armour of the opponent.
    
    Formula for a critical hit (Melee)
    GS = WS + ST - RS, GS >= 5
    
    Fomula for a normal hit (Melee)
    GS = (WS + ST - RS - 1)/10, GS >= 5
    
    Fomula for a hit (Ranged weapon)
    GS = WS + GE - RS, GS >= 5
    
    Formula for a hit with runes/scrolls
    GS = WS - RS
    Last edited by jiopi; 21.08.2010 at 11:22.

  6. Visit Homepage View Forum Posts #6
    Myth Onisuzume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkura V
    Posts
    8,494
     
    Onisuzume is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Alwin View Post
    Except that it does. I've just recently played a dex-mercenary, and it does. If it weren't so, my ~15 strength and my Master Sword wouldn't have had much of an effect on monsters...
    Because it doesn't.
    Just load a save game, go to a monster of your choice, and give it a hit.
    Edit your abilities and set your DEX to 1000 or so, and hit it again.
    Check the difference.
    This works best with 100% skill, btw.

  7. View Forum Posts #7
    Knight Gor_Na_Drak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,511
     
    Gor_Na_Drak is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Alwin View Post
    Except that it does. I've just recently played a dex-mercenary, and it does. If it weren't so, my ~15 strength and my Master Sword wouldn't have had much of an effect on monsters...
    You'd be surprised at how much more damage you inflict based on sword %.

    But the fact remains that upping your dex does not increase the damage done by any melee weapon including those that require dex to wield.

    Same thing goes for the x-bow in reverse. You need str to use an x-bow, but increasing your str will not add extra damage.

  8. Visit Homepage View Forum Posts #8
    Veteran CrashMorraKan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Burning Gothic Fan! Mangekyou Sharingan!
    Posts
    661
     
    CrashMorraKan is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Gor_Na_Drak View Post
    You'd be surprised at how much more damage you inflict based on sword %.

    But the fact remains that upping your dex does not increase the damage done by any melee weapon including those that require dex to wield.

    Same thing goes for the x-bow in reverse. You need str to use an x-bow, but increasing your str will not add extra damage.
    so you saying xbows in gothic 2 NOTR need STR to wield a crossbow but the dex make the actual damage and range? cause in nomral gothic 2 and in gothic 1 you need only dex for bows and xbows... also gothic 3 crossbows use str
    as far as i know dex gives the bows more chance to hit from a far distance if i use in gothic 2 NOTR pure xbowman and only adding str my range attack will suck? i know that the % also help and give critical but leave it i talking about the range, if you stand very very far with bow with low dex you like NEVER gonna hit the target but if you have 300 dex you will hit after 2 or 3 arrows same goes for xbows but not only need str to increase the range but also Dex?! if so damnit

  9. Visit Homepage View Forum Posts #9
    Myth Onisuzume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkura V
    Posts
    8,494
     
    Onisuzume is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashMorraKan View Post
    so you saying xbows in gothic 2 NOTR need STR to wield a crossbow but the dex make the actual damage and range? cause in nomral gothic 2 and in gothic 1 you need only dex for bows and xbows... also gothic 3 crossbows use str
    as far as i know dex gives the bows more chance to hit from a far distance if i use in gothic 2 NOTR pure xbowman and only adding str my range attack will suck? i know that the % also help and give critical but leave it i talking about the range, if you stand very very far with bow with low dex you like NEVER gonna hit the target but if you have 300 dex you will hit after 2 or 3 arrows same goes for xbows but not only need str to increase the range but also Dex?! if so damnit
    Nope, xbow skill directly related to how far you can score a hit.
    The weapon and dexterity determine the damage.
    Strength is only used to wield the xbow.

  10. View Forum Posts #10
    Knight Gor_Na_Drak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,511
     
    Gor_Na_Drak is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Onisuzume View Post
    Nope, xbow skill directly related to how far you can score a hit.
    The weapon and dexterity determine the damage.
    Strength is only used to wield the xbow.
    Exactly. Couldn't have said it better.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Impressum | Link Us | intern
World of Gothic © by World of Gothic Team
Gothic, Gothic 2 & Gothic 3 are © by Piranha Bytes & Egmont Interactive & JoWooD Productions AG, all rights reserved worldwide