Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 14 von 14 « Erste ... 371011121314
Ergebnis 261 bis 272 von 272
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #261
    Local Hero

fragonard ist offline
    This is probably a registry path issue. I have two installs, a default from CD and a GOG install in a non Programfile directory. The installer will only recognize the default.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #262
    Rookie

Anarchrox ist offline
    Only one installation directory. May have to re-install. What's the directory that works for you? ( I think it's a Windows 7 issue with the stupid different program files and program files(x86) shit.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #263
    Local Hero

fragonard ist offline
    The one that works for me is Programfiles(x86)/GothicIII which was the default path. It should recognize whatever path your initial install had. If you moved it, you may need to edit the path with regedit.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #264
    Rookie

Anarchrox ist offline
    Problem is that it doesn't recognise the installation and asks me to find Gothic. When I select the directory, it doesn't recognise it anyway. I had a different version a while back when I borrowed G3 from a friend and the community patches worked perfectly (different OS though) but the one I bought from the shop just doesn't like the update apparently.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #265
    Rookie

Anarchrox ist offline
    Program Files(x86)\Jowood\Gothic 3 is my directory and is the default. No patches or cracks on there (especially since I have the original disk). Makes no sense at all.

Australian disk too.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #266
    General Avatar von RoiDanton

RoiDanton ist offline
    If I'm correct then I had the same problem with original Gothic 3 where there was no registry entry which the patch couldn't find. So I had to choose the path of my Gothic 3 folder manually. After installation of the patch I never had that problem anymore because the patch had made a correct registry entry.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #267
    Apprentice Avatar von Volf

Volf ist offline
    Eyo Fellas, So here's the scoop, I've had G3 1.74 on my comp for a while, and have gotten pretty far in it (the rebel way) conquering a few towns etc. I've tried maybe 3 times, getting the furthest with a normarian archer, but I always fizzle out and lose interest. I have been a die hard fan of G1 & 2 classic/notr and have played them over and over as I imagine you all have as well. I don't get g3, it bores me, the story gives me absolutely no incentive to continue to the end. Is there another path that is redeeming? Nomads, hashishin or orc wise I mean. I didn't want to post a new thread and apologize for wasting time on this one, but I'm trapped in a quandary with regards to this game.

I hear people grouping G1,2&3 as the "real" gothic games and ostracizing Arcania like it's the bubonic plague. Is 3 really a true Gothic though? I don't feel it is, and suspect those folks played 3 first and generally don't want to step on any toes of other fans of the sleeper. Is there a way for a guy like me to enjoy this game, I want to like it, I really do, and there are certainly beautiful parts to it. Anyway any help/suggestions would be most welcome, otherwise please ignore my banter and pray this comment gets buried within the depths of this thread. (p.s. don't ask me about the pirate)
    Helm sees All

8. Beiträge anzeigen #268
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron

The Ore Baron ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Volf Beitrag anzeigen
    I don't get g3, it bores me, the story gives me absolutely no incentive to continue to the end.
    I know that feeling.

Is there another path that is redeeming? Nomads, hashishin or orc wise I mean.
    I don't think so, no. Hashishin and mercenary paths are quite different from rebels, but they're still not very fulfilling. However, the rebels are somewhat of a 'good guys' sort of faction, so joining an enemy does provide a little more interesting approach to the story... what little there is of it.

Is there a way for a guy like me to enjoy this game, I want to like it, I really do, and there are certainly beautiful parts to it.
    Yes, there is, but it depends on how good your imagination is.

Basically, try to role-play a little. The game might not give you too much story material to work with, but you can try to make up for the lack of it with your own fiction. What I'm trying to say is, don't think of Gothic 3 as a game - don't try to complete 'quests', try to complete the story. Decide what the main objective of the Nameless Hero is, than proceed through the world accordingly. For example, you could disregard Xardas all together and decide to make use of the warring factions to become the king of Myrtana by killing Rhobar II (Lee will be more than happy to help you out). Or maybe you were a friend of the magicians in the previous games, so all you care is meeting them. Or you could choose to remain completely neutral, only seeking Xardas to get answers. Depending on your objective, the way you solve quests should change - maybe there won't be a need to go from town to town liberating them for the rebels, because you will decide that having orcs in control of some of them is more useful to you and your goal.

The game is not designed for such playing style, as you need high reputation to get better armors, and there's hardly any neutral ones, so the player is passively forced to join one of the factions. So maybe it will be a little harder. Still, I don't think it's impossible, either, although to reach an actual final ending you must meet several requirements, meaning that in the end, you might have to liberate some towns after all.

Basically, I'm suggesting you to come up with a more personal story for the Nameless Hero, then playing the game accordingly. This stands in contrast with the original storyline, where the Nameless Hero has hardly any interests of his own and must save the world for the good of his faction, not himself.
    Geändert von The Ore Baron (14.10.2012 um 13:42 Uhr)

9. Beiträge anzeigen #269
    Rookie

Fretylsp ist offline

Hello guys

I am new to this site and new to community patch 1.74. I used to play Gothic 3 just after it was released. I have to admit you've done a great job with this patch it improves almost everything! But almost cause there is one thing... - is it somehow possible to disable the auto respawn of mobs on the areas that player has already cleared ? I remember such it was in original G3. This really spoils the game for me cause I dont like to clear some area and then come back to see mobs alive again... So could you please tell me if there is any way to disable this? I mean any way at all. Some command/mod/option etc. Thank u for answer.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #270
    Knight Commander

Kostaz ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Fretylsp Beitrag anzeigen
    I am new to this site and new to community patch 1.74. I used to play Gothic 3 just after it was released. I have to admit you've done a great job with this patch it improves almost everything! But almost cause there is one thing... - is it somehow possible to disable the auto respawn of mobs on the areas that player has already cleared ? I remember such it was in original G3. This really spoils the game for me cause I dont like to clear some area and then come back to see mobs alive again... So could you please tell me if there is any way to disable this? I mean any way at all. Some command/mod/option etc. Thank u for answer.
    Don't think it's possible without some heavy work, it's not a simple on/off switch. Besides, re-spawning was afaik a design decision that Piranha's implemented (at least partly) but like many other things were buried under bugs

11. Beiträge anzeigen #271
    Rookie

Scoglio ist offline
    Isn't it 1.75 latest patch released for Gothic 3? It seems this thread and English worldofgothic download section aren't up to date...

12. Beiträge anzeigen #272
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike

warstrike ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Scoglio Beitrag anzeigen
    Isn't it 1.75 latest patch released for Gothic 3? It seems this thread and English worldofgothic download section aren't up to date...
    Yes it is. Seems so ...

Seite 14 von 14 « Erste ... 371011121314