Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 8 von 14 « Erste ... 456789101112 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 141 bis 160 von 272
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #141
    Rookie

himeraz ist offline
    Hi,

Can anyone tell me if this patch works ok with the Steam version of Gothic 3?

I generally have avoided this game because of the numerous bugs but since this seems to be the final patch I'd like to give it a go

Thanks in advance.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #142
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von himeraz Beitrag anzeigen
    Can anyone tell me if this patch works ok with the Steam version of Gothic 3?
    Welcome here

Well, Roi answered this for the 1.73 version:

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...&#post12114951

3. Beiträge anzeigen #143
    Rookie

himeraz ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Larisa Beitrag anzeigen
    Welcome here

Well, Roi answered this for the 1.73 version:

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...&#post12114951
    Woo excellent, I only checked the readme and changelog and this thread prior to posting, didn't think about checking the previous version thread.

Thanks!

4. Beiträge anzeigen #144
    Apprentice Avatar von Aoyagi

Aoyagi ist offline
    Hellow. Judging by the patch notes this was a huge piece of work, so I'd like to thank you for that (as many did before, eh), but your installer has messed with my .ini files and stuff and now I don't see any text in menu (or anywhere else, probably). When I checked ge3.ini I saw "Czech" there...so I had to search all ini files for "Czech" and replace it with "English" ...annoying that ^^ Also the game is working really horrible FPS wise D: . Is there some secret way how to get more then avrg. 25 FPS on low details, please?

Edit: My rig...

Phenom II X4 955
    4GB RAM
    HD 3870
    SB X-Fi Audio [AF00]
    Win XP 32b
    Geändert von Aoyagi (27.06.2010 um 17:17 Uhr) Grund: Bad memory

5. Beiträge anzeigen #145
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Aoyagi Beitrag anzeigen
    Is there some secret way how to get more then avrg. 25 FPS on low details, please?
    1. Welcome here!
    2. The game works better if you customize settings like this: vegetation details to low, texture details to max, object detail to low, draw distances to high, texture filter to 4X, every post processing effect turned off, shadows turned off and cache to optimal.
    3. Edit the ini and double the cache sizes.
    4. Use this. Performance should be a lot better.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

6. Beiträge anzeigen #146

Aoyagi ist offline
    1. Thank you, I probably won't be as active as I'd like to though.
    The rest: I've just tried Two Worlds and Risen as well and both games have terribly low FPS even though I remember playing them smoothly on high levels of detail. So the problem is my rusty system which I'm going to reinstall now. God help me.

2. every post processing effect turned off
    I love post process, if it doesn't work as it should after the format I'll just buy a new GPU ^^ . Thank you for the tip though, I'll try that out.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #147
    General Avatar von RoiDanton

RoiDanton ist offline
    but your installer has messed with my .ini files and stuff and now I don't see any text in menu (or anywhere else, probably). When I checked ge3.ini I saw "Czech" there...so I had to search all ini files for "Czech" and replace it with "English" ...annoying that ^^
    In this case the installer would install the Czech stringtable/language and no English one if there is a Czech OS or the word "Czech" in the ge3.ini or UserOptions.ini. But you have English which is not include in Czech version. We don't change the ini, only replace it. You should have a backup-file of your previous ge3.ini (named "ge3_cp_1_74_backup.ini") where you can see the language from before.

Zitat Zitat von Drizzt56 Beitrag anzeigen
    I love this game and I wish to wait for the very last patch to play my last game.

So, what will be the last patch you will release ?
    The CP 1.74 is our last patch for Gothic 3.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #148
    Knight

Alwin ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von RoiDanton Beitrag anzeigen
    The CP 1.74 is our last patch for Gothic 3.
    FYI Drizzt, this is what they said after 1.70, 1.71 and 1.73 as well (I think... definitely after at least two of the above).

9. Beiträge anzeigen #149

Aoyagi ist offline
    Just reporting, after the format I still had pretty low FPS even on the lowest details (18-ish) but then I did a lot of things at once (the font (if I installed it correctly, heh), some minor overclocking and after making settings go like this and setting 1280x1024x75 I have like 40 FPS average (35 in the town) with occasional lags probably caused by the game's gameplay loading mechanism. Yay!

10. Beiträge anzeigen #150

RoiDanton ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Alwin Beitrag anzeigen
    FYI Drizzt, this is what they said after 1.70, 1.71 and 1.73 as well (I think... definitely after at least two of the above).
    It was definitely our last patch for Gothic 3. We'll probably have another work to do.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #151

Aoyagi ist offline
    Hm...it's been a long time since I've seen such err...stupid way of fighting. Thanks to being unable to move when drinking potion or to cancel it I can't "Liberate" Cape Dun, or what's the name. Am I supposed to do it later or is it just that two handed swords really suck? D:

12. Beiträge anzeigen #152
    Local Hero Avatar von Sorinash

Sorinash ist offline
    The poison and blood warning is in Risen too.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #153

RoiDanton ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Sorinash Beitrag anzeigen
    The poison and blood warning is in Risen too.
    Really? I've heared that for the first time.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #154
    Ranger Avatar von LouisCyphere

LouisCyphere ist offline
    I started g3 with 1.74 and man i can tell ya, I was amazed!
    REALLY good work guys!

too bad if this is last patch, but I understand You guys....

(if i win lottery, i pay you some for 1.75 ok?)
    what can i say, what can i say, i love gothic....
    I'm not here cuz I like killing, I'm here cuz I'm an artist with a knife!

15. Beiträge anzeigen #155
    Local Hero Avatar von Sorinash

Sorinash ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von RoiDanton Beitrag anzeigen
    Really? I've heared that for the first time.
    Haven't you played Risen so far?
    Anyway,u don't get red warnings unless the mob has big dmg on u.
    Oh and,forgot what i said about the poison,there is no such thing in Risen,my mystake,sorry

16. Beiträge anzeigen #156
    Rookie

Mantra2k ist offline
    Hey guys,

Just wondering if there is a community patch for forsaken gods?

17. Beiträge anzeigen #157
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Mantra2k Beitrag anzeigen
    Hey guys,

Just wondering if there is a community patch for forsaken gods?
    nope, but maybe they will make one.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

18. Beiträge anzeigen #158
    Knight

Alwin ist offline
    Hm...it's been a long time since I've seen such err...stupid way of fighting. Thanks to being unable to move when drinking potion or to cancel it I can't "Liberate" Cape Dun, or what's the name. Am I supposed to do it later or is it just that two handed swords really suck? D:
    The fighting system has been the same all the way through, except for the minor tweak that improved power attacks on 1.73 (I think). Liberations are pretty hard, you can't solo everything like in the first two games unless you are either a mage or pretty powerful. What you can do is to try and take out a few at a time. Two-handers are a bit weak early on because they drain a lot of stamina, but can get very powerful as you improve your strength. They're also harder to use because one-handers can use the thrust-power attack combo against most humanoids and thus kill them quick, but two-handers have no such attack (the slow overhead swing is risky, your opponent will almost always interrupt it). Two-handers shine against animals more than against humanoids - the longer reach is a definite advantage against animals who are powerful up close but usually keep jumping back when hit, meaning that with a bit of skill it's easier to keep the distance using a two-hander.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #159

Aoyagi ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Alwin Beitrag anzeigen
    The fighting system has been the same all the way through, except for the minor tweak that improved power attacks on 1.73 (I think). Liberations are pretty hard, you can't solo everything like in the first two games unless you are either a mage or pretty powerful. What you can do is to try and take out a few at a time. Two-handers are a bit weak early on because they drain a lot of stamina, but can get very powerful as you improve your strength. They're also harder to use because one-handers can use the thrust-power attack combo against most humanoids and thus kill them quick, but two-handers have no such attack (the slow overhead swing is risky, your opponent will almost always interrupt it). Two-handers shine against animals more than against humanoids - the longer reach is a definite advantage against animals who are powerful up close but usually keep jumping back when hit, meaning that with a bit of skill it's easier to keep the distance using a two-hander.
    I meant the fighting system compared to other games (more precisely I was thinking about Risen) but then I got used to it. I don't know what trust-power attack combo do you mean, but so far I know that two handed thing has a longer reach, is slower and has somehow worse defense. Thanks and sorry for the hijack.

Edit: I have already liberated Montera and I found that easier then Cape Dun, heh.
    Geändert von Aoyagi (06.07.2010 um 17:19 Uhr)

20. Beiträge anzeigen #160
    Apprentice

pxf31 ist offline
    With CP1.74 I can finally play G3!!! After 3 years...

Being a mage really ownz in G3; especially with the magic mod! Just love Fire Raining every orcs to a burnt crisp.

Seite 8 von 14 « Erste ... 456789101112 ... Letzte »