Risen - ModStarter 184.108.40.206 (Online DB version)
So, already finished our next update to the Risen - ModStarter. In this time we fixed previous mistakes and added support of some online services - "Internet Mods DB" , "MDS AutoUpdate" and e.t.c. With help of "Internet/Online Mods DB" it is possible now for all mod-makers to upload their mods into single database, where will be collected all info about Risen Mods. It also gives possibility to download uploaded mods to all others MDS users. We think that it will be useful and hope that you will use it.
Note : It is needed to have Internet connection to use online services. Without connection, you can use only offline functions (use mods which is already in your local mod-list and e.t.c.).
- It is needed to have installed Risen (any language) with patch 1.10 to launch this version of RMDS.
- RMDS have Russian, German, Ukrainian, English, Italian, Polish (was added from 220.127.116.11 version), Czech and Spanish (both languages was added in 18.104.22.168 version) language interface. You can choose language from Menu->Options->Languages.
- All languages texts was disjoined from program and placed in separate – “Languages.ini” file (In MDS folder). You also can add your own language by adding new section with language name and translated text there. After that you can select new language in MDS, from menu - "Options-Languages".
- Main addition to MDS in this version it is support of “Online Mods DB”. There you can download new or add your own mods.
- It is possible to launch Risen MDS without mods. It will give possibility to you to download only needed mods from online Mods DB.
- MDS already have online checker for new version. On first MDS launch, it will ask for checking for updates on every program startup. But you can change this option in any time if you will change your mind from menu - "Options-Updates”.
- After release of the official patch 1.10, it is not needed to install some other fixes to working with RMDS.
- As it was in recently versions, RMDS include this programs : RisenAut, RisenPak, RisenCSV, RisenTAB, Custom Font Installer and Risen Tune. MDS also have possibility to "hide" savegames from different mods (by default this option - disabled) and it can change your savegame-dir to other (user-defined) path.
- Fixed bug which was connected with SaveGame Managaer, when option - "Enable working with savegames" was enabled and it was not possible to disable it. That's why some players said recently that their savegames was "hided" (replaced into other directory). Now this option is fixed and disabled by default.
- "Working with savegames" which hide savegames from different mods, now completely safe for savegames themselfs (If will be enabled).
- Fixed bug, with replacing savegame dir. In previous versions can cause problems with making new savegames or loading existing after changing this directory.
- Fixed others mistakes in the program and languages texts.
(!) Instruction : How to add my new mod into my local mod-list (on my computer) ?
Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
(!) Instruction : How to add my new mod into "Internet/Online Mods Database" ?
Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)Last edited by LordOfWAR; 03.06.2012 at 15:35.
- 10.04.2010 12:25 #2I saw that new mod was added from - Larisa - "Satellite view in Harbor Town". Unfortunately your mod files was deleted from wop upload and I don't know why, so links are broken and I deleted this MOD from DB without confirmation... If it's size is not more than 2 Mb, you can upload it there - http://mdscp.5gigs.net/mods/mod_up.php
P.S. If it's size is more than 2 MB, then just write to me in PM, we will upload it to Odin68 hosting... but I will also ask admins about wop upload...Единая страна. Слава Украине - Героям Слава!
Last edited by LordOfWAR; 10.04.2011 at 13:11.
- 10.04.2010 15:19 #3Hmm... afaik wop upload from time to time checks the forums and if the uploaded files don't appear to have a link in the forum, they are deleted. If that's correct, we either should use the alternative you provided (mod starter blog's upload) or also post the links for the 2 files somewhere in here.
A question: iirc I had a talk long time ago with Werner about this, can't find it now:
Those letters in front of the folders containing the moddification are to tell the starter which mods change the same files, right?
So, every new mod creator should check if his/her mod conflicts with another and if not, should pick the next available letter.
- 10.04.2010 15:49 #4
If yes, then this - "A_" or... helps MDS to sort mods in the mod list... because mod-starter find and sort mod-folders by it's names...Code:A_Autumn_Risen A_Jacko2_risenstones_mod A_LowPolyMod B_FS_Risen_Mod_v01 C_Beard_Mod_01 C_Beard_Mod_02 C_Beard_Mod_03 C_Hero_face_mod_v1.0 C_Hero_face_mod_v1.1 C_Hero_skin C_Liade_TWC_HeroMod C_New_Hero_Mod_TWC_01 D_Oger_Texture_Mod_TWC_01 E_nudemod F_ChorinisCitizenMod F_FireRobeMod F_MilitiaMod G_SatViewHT
Then, if Mod will be on the top of the list - it will be processed first, and so on... But it is clear that for example two installed mods which changes one texture will not work in one time - mod which will be below in the list - will have higher p0x number.
But for mods which changes ingame texts or wrldatasc files, there is special functions which helps to add only new strings from each mod to the same original file and e.t.c. I hope that you understand what i mean...
P.S. Your mod are confirmed now.Единая страна. Слава Украине - Героям Слава!
Last edited by LordOfWAR; 10.04.2010 at 15:57.
- 11.04.2010 18:04 #5
- 11.04.2010 19:37 #6Last edited by LordOfWAR; 11.04.2010 at 19:45.
- 11.04.2010 19:51 #7
- 11.04.2010 20:34 #8
Thanks for the hintЕдиная страна. Слава Украине - Героям Слава!
- 11.04.2010 22:39 #9Yeah, but my problem remains. These are the steps I am taking:
1. download mod
2. click - integrate into game
3. click - start game
And no mod there... How does the program integrate the mod into the game? I guess it copies some files into the Risen directory, doesn't it? Is there a possibility that it copies them in a wrong directory?
- 11.04.2010 22:59 #10
You can check working directory below the your local mod-list :
If it will be needed to change it, you can do that from menu - "Options-Set new Risen path location".
Also to work with p0x files it is needed to have Patch 1.10 installed, but if RMDS can integrate mods, that means that you pass version checks.
It's also can be a problem, if you don't have rights to add/edit game files (in most cases - when you have game, which installed on system partition on Win-Vista or Win7).Единая страна. Слава Украине - Героям Слава!
- 11.04.2010 23:19 #11When I click "start game", the game really starts, so I guess, there is no problem with the path to Risen.exe (which is correct). Patch 1.10 is installed - without it I could not even run the MDS.
And I am running on Win XP without partition...
edit: So when I click "integrate mod", the files are immediately copied into the Risen directory? Or are they copied only when I start the game?
edit 2: For example the Autumn texture patch. It contains a file speedtrees.p0x ... what does the "x" mean? In my risen/data/compiled directory I've got three speedtrees.* files - speedtrees.p00 .p01 and .pak ... I just... if this isn't the problem.Last edited by El Kamil; 11.04.2010 at 23:27.
- 12.04.2010 00:02 #12
- 12.04.2010 00:03 #13
Ok, lets find problem... for that I will need some info :
1. Install only this mods - Autumn, Naked and FireMage mods.
2. Go to mds folder and post there all data from fdm.dat and flm.dat (You can open them via notepad).
For example my files :
flm.dat :Code:E:\Games\Big Games\Risen\Data\compiled\images.p00 E:\Games\Big Games\Risen\Data\compiled\speedtrees.p01 E:\Games\Big Games\Risen\Data\common\materials.p00 E:\Games\Big Games\Risen\Data\compiled\images.p01 E:\Games\Big Games\Risen\Data\compiled\images.p02
3. Open your Risen\data\compiled folder. And write there a list of it's files. You can make an files tree if you know how, or just make an screenshot of needed window, like this :Code:Autumn in Risen Nude/Naked Mod Fire Mage Mod
4. Do the same with Risen\data\common folder :
5. Open Risen\bin folder. Then find ffc.dll file, go to it's properties and write there it's size in bytes. For example my - 499 712. Then go to the "Version" tab and write there it's version (file version and build version, from additional fields on this same window, or just make it's screenshot ). For example :
Единая страна. Слава Украине - Героям Слава!
- 12.04.2010 09:05 #14Ok, here is the thing...
flm.dat:Code:J:\Program Files\Deep Silver\Risen\Data\compiled\images.pak J:\Program Files\Deep Silver\Risen\Data\compiled\speedtrees.p01 J:\Program Files\Deep Silver\Risen\Data\common\materials.p00 J:\Program Files\Deep Silver\Risen\Data\compiled\images.p00 J:\Program Files\Deep Silver\Risen\Data\compiled\images.p01
/compiled:Code:Autumn in Risen Nude/Naked Mod Fire Mage Mod
ffc.dll: file size - 499 712 B, version: 1, 0, 96124, 0
- 12.04.2010 19:25 #15
That means that MDS can't find original images.pak (497 MB!) file and it's others files (p00, p01 and so on) and that's why it creates new pak... in your case it is - Risen\Data\compiled\images.pak ...Code:J:\Program Files\Deep Silver\Risen\Data\compiled\images.pak
That's is not normal and it is interesting how you can launch risen at all... The easyest way to fix this problem - to reinstall game into other folder and then install official patch 1.10 on it. And then change working MDS directory to new risen folder...
In your case, as I see from the screenshot, there is "images_back.pak", can you pls explain what are you doing with this file and why it is needed to have it's backup ? Probably you unpacked it to - "C:\Documents and Settings\ username \Local Settings\Application Data\Risen\data\" and deleted/renamed original pak file ? In this case it will be needed to uninstall installed mods from MDS, then delete unpacked data from "Documents and Settings\..." and restore original images.pak... And then it will be possible to install new mods again...
P.S. As I can see, you also have russian and english speech files, plus p00 files from french and german language (which are not needed and can be deleted)... I can suppose that you experimented with the game, so probably you changed something important...Единая страна. Слава Украине - Героям Слава!
Last edited by LordOfWAR; 12.04.2010 at 19:51.
- 12.04.2010 20:27 #16
- 17.04.2010 22:42 #17Единая страна. Слава Украине - Героям Слава!
- 19.04.2010 14:10 -
- Join Date
- Oct 2006
I really would like to use this program, to download mods. But I can't connect to the internet with this program. it always says, that there is no internet. I also can not update the program, same error.
Someone knows a solution?
Thanks in advance
- 19.04.2010 18:32 #19Last edited by LordOfWAR; 19.04.2010 at 18:43.
- 20.04.2010 06:30 #20Neuling
- Join Date
- Oct 2006
The problem is this:
I am in China at the moment, and you know China has the great wall of internet, so many sites are cencored, or just not accessible. And I just figured out, that all sites with the ending "co.cc" are blocked in china. so if i want to connect to the mod database, nothing happens, because out of that reason.
I use my anti great wall VPN, and now it works
So if someone else is trying to use this program in china, just use proxy or vpn.
Results 1 to 20 of 127
10.04.2010 01:21 -
[RELEASE] Risen - ModStarter 22.214.171.124 (Online DB version)#1