Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 1 von 6 12345 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 103
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von Baltram
    UPDATE: Version 1.01: The program and accompanying MaxScripts now use the correct coordinate system. Also the vertex splitting system has been fixed. The textures are now required to be converted to .jpg instead of .tga. If you've already set up the MaxScripts overwrite them via 'Tools' > 'Set up maxscripts'.

Risen XMSH Builder is a program that allows modders to convert their 3d models to the RISEN mesh format (._xmsh) and to include the propertys in compiled_meshes.bin, which is necessary to display the models properly in RISEN. It supports at the moment two languages - German and English. If someone translated it to another language I would try to include that.

There are different ways to store vertex data in XMSH files. In the current version this program supports only one of them. In this way the following components are stored for each vertex:

Code:
    -Position
    -Normal
    -Tangent (for bump mapping)
    -Two Colors (normally not used)
    -One set of UV-Coordinates (W component isn't used)
    This format is detailed enough to let RISEN display nearly all types of Items, Objects and Landscapes. Some examples:

[Bild: THUMB_Dilettante_Sword.jpg] [Bild: THUMB_Metal_Elephant.jpg] [Bild: THUMB_Farm_Lobart.jpg] [Bild: THUMB_Two_Shovel_Staff.jpg]

Attention: unless you provide a suitable collision mesh (._xcom) it doesn't make much sense to add new (big) objects or landscapes. In the next version this program will (hopefully) support XCOL format - until then, you should focus on new items.

EDIT: It's now possible to create collision meshes using xcomPose.

There are four 3d formats which can by read by the program. These are MAX, GMAX, OBJ and ASE. Supported components:

Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    .max / .gmax
    Code:
    -Material names
    -Vertices
    -Faces
    -Smoothing groups
    -Texture mapping

note: Max / GMax scenes must be saved in a special way. This is explained later.
    .obj
    Code:
    -Material names
    -Vertices
    -Faces
    -Polygons
    -Texture mapping
    -Vertex normals (most programs like blender aren't able to write them so you should apply auto smooth in XMSH Builder)
    .ase
    Code:
    -Material Names
    -Vertices
    -Faces
    -Smoothing Groups
    -Texture Mapping

Risen XMSH Builder includes some scripts for 3ds Max and GMax:

XMSH Import Script
    Imports an ._xmsh file into max/gmax. Vertices, faces, texture mapping and material names are read. Diffuse maps are created, the texture file is specified by adding .jpg to the corresponding material name which doesn't work always.
    To display RISEN textures you should first of all convert all XIMG files in Risen/data/compiled/images to DDS format using Nico's risendds (and the included batch file to convert a whole folder). Then you have to turn them into JPEG files. I recommend the program DDS Converter 2 (doesn't work on Windows 7 machines - use IrfanView or Gimp with DDS-PlugIn instead) which can convert multiple files in one run.
    Finally you should add your JPEG folders (and subfolders) to GMax's / 3ds Max's external files paths (Customize > Configure Paths).

Script to save the Max / GMax scene in a readable format
    You have to use this every time you want to convert a scene using Risen XMSH Builder. Its under Risen Tools > Prepare And Save Scene.

Script to repair 'crippled' Scenes
    When the program fails to convert a Max / GMax scene although you have saved it properly via Risen Tools > Prepare And Save Scene you should use this script and then save the scene another time. You can find it under Risen Tools > Renew Meshes

All these scripts can be installed by Risen XMSH Builder via Tools > Set Up Maxscripts.

Short Step-By-Step tutorial to modify RISEN's meshes

Unpack 'meshes.pak' (it's in Risen\data\common) using Nico's Risenaut

Find your Risen Appdata directory. You should use Nico's RisenAppData.

Create there a folder where you will store your modified / new files (could be "MyMod" for example - the name doesn't matter).

Rebuild RISEN's file structure in your new folder: Since you want to replace/add XMSH files this means creating a folder named 'data' then create inside a folder named 'common' then place there a directory named 'meshes'.

Copy Risen\data\common\meshes\compiled_meshes.bin into your new 'meshes' folder

In the same folder, add a directory with the name of the folder the XMSH you want to modify is stored in. For example if you want to modify ...\Risen\data\common\meshes\Items_01\Item_Shell._xmsh create the folder [appdata]\Risen\MyMod\data\common\meshes\Items_01.
    If you are going to create a new XMSH you can place it in any folder in 'meshes'.

Convert your 3d model into XMSH format and place it in the folder you just created. Then update the compiled_meshes.bin file in your ...\MyMod\data\common\meshes folder (the dialog to do so appears automatically if the conversion was succesful) - finished!

Download
    (to run the program .NET Framework 2.0 or higher is required)
    Baltram ist offline Geändert von Baltram (01.07.2011 um 17:58 Uhr)

2. #2 Zitieren
    Team K Avatar von Klabautermann
    Geile Sache
    Endlich auch der Exporter.
    Aber dass das wieder alles so kompliziert sein muss und man nicht einfach das Mesh ersetzen kann. Na ja ich werd mal damit experimentieren
    Klabautermann ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Provinzheld Avatar von magische Nautilus
    Zitat Zitat von kushel_baer Beitrag anzeigen
    Geile Sache
    Endlich auch der Exporter.
    Aber dass das wieder alles so kompliziert sein muss und man nicht einfach das Mesh ersetzen kann. Na ja ich werd mal damit experimentieren
    Dem kann ich nur zustimmen. Damit sind wir schone weiter als mit dem G3 Modding. Vllt. Kann Wormer mit diesem Wissen die Risen Spacer beenden. Wer weiß?
    magische Nautilus ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Bücherwolf  Avatar von HerrFenrisWolf
    Zitat Zitat von magische Nautilus Beitrag anzeigen

Damit sind wir schone weiter als mit dem G3 Modding.
    Nicht wirklich nein....
    HerrFenrisWolf ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Provinzheld Avatar von magische Nautilus
    Wieso? Ich dachte für G3 ist es bis heute nicht möglich eine Welt zu erstellen?
    magische Nautilus ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Für Risen leider auch nicht... noch nicht.
    Baltram ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von Berling
    Es geht stetig vorran. Das finde ich sehr gut. Ich werde mich dann mal am Wochenende hin setzen und was rum spielen.

Super Fortschritt Baltram dir muss man echt mal ein großes Lob aussprechen.
    Wanderer, stehe still und lies;
    Gedenke meines Gerichtes,
    so wird nämlich auch deines sein,
    für mich gestern, für dich vielleicht schon morgen,
    darum: was du wünschest,
    was für dich dann geschehe
    das tue heute auch für mich;
    gehe also nicht fort ohne fromm zu beten:
    "Herr lass ihn ruhen in Frieden!"

|Im Schatten des Waldes [WIP]|
    Berling ist offline

8. #8 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von AceTive
    Ist der Builder so änlich wie der Meshfaker für G3?
    Wenn ihr es schafft für Risen Animationen oder Welten einzufügen,
    wird für den Builder dann auch eine komplative version für G3 rauskommen?

kann ich irgentwie helfen?

Ist irgentwas besser als bei G3 MF und was ist Schlechter?

Gruß
    db
    AceTive ist offline

9. #9 Zitieren
    Waldläufer Avatar von Ac t y r for Soul
    Falls ihr jemand mit C++ oder Java Kenntnissen gebrauchen könnt würde ich euch auch unterstützen.

PS: Warum gibt es auf der worldofplayers.DE Seite eigentlich "English Boards"? Gibts da keinen Server bei "denen drüben"? Möchte hier nicht falsch verstanden werden, es wundert mich einfach nur.
    Ac t y r for Soul ist offline

10. #10 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von Phael
    Zitat Zitat von Ac t y r for Soul Beitrag anzeigen
    Falls ihr jemand mit C++ oder Java Kenntnissen gebrauchen könnt würde ich euch auch unterstützen.

PS: Warum gibt es auf der worldofplayers.DE Seite eigentlich "English Boards"? Gibts da keinen Server bei "denen drüben"? Möchte hier nicht falsch verstanden werden, es wundert mich einfach nur.
    Weil das WoR die inoffizielle "offizielle Website" von Risen ist, und man auch fremdsprachigen Risen-Fans einen Zugang zu allen Newsmeldungen und Kontakt zu den Entwicklern geben möchte.

Because the WoR is the unofficial "official Website" of Risen, and the creators wanted to give foreign Risen-fans an access to all the news and a way to communicate with the developers.

Why shouldn't there be an English part? We even have Russian boards, and that's a great way, to connect all nationalities.
    Phael ist offline

11. #11 Zitieren
    Why shouldn't there be an English part? We even have Russian boards, and that's a great way, to connect all nationalities.
    Ok, but the most other comments i saw in the "english board" was written in german. Look at this Thread

WTF!?
    Ac t y r for Soul ist offline Geändert von Ac t y r for Soul (16.01.2010 um 18:46 Uhr)

12. #12 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von WernerTWC
    Zitat Zitat von Ac t y r for Soul Beitrag anzeigen
    Ok, but the most other comments i saw in the "english board" was written in german. Look at this Thread

WTF!?
    Das ist eine Ausnahme hier im Modding Forum, ... ich denke man versucht so möglichst viele Modder zusammen zu bekommen / denen die Möglichkeit eines Austausches zu geben, ... eine sehr gute Idee wie ich finde.
    Ich kann da aus eigener Erfahrung sprechen, ... für das ein oder andere G3-Projekt habe ich mit Leuten aus 3 verschiedenen Foren kommuniziert, ... hier hat man alle(s) schön zusammen, ... quasi eine zentrale Anlaufstelle.

Ansonsten sind die Foren schon in die entsprechenden Sprachen unterteilt, haben auch eigene Netzwerk-Seiten, z.B. http://www.worldofgothic.com/
    WernerTWC ist offline

13. #13 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von DRMProd
    Can you PLEASE talk english for christ sake! I want to learn something, and you already know english so maybe you could use it here in the F***ing english forums. PLEASE...
    DRMProd ist offline

14. #14 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von WernerTWC
    Zitat Zitat von DRMProd Beitrag anzeigen
    Can you PLEASE talk english for christ sake! I want to learn something, and you already know english so maybe you could use it here in the F***ing english forums. PLEASE...
    Everything relevant is posted in english (first post), the rest of the posts are kinda "chit-chat", a bit off-topic (my last post included), ... i don't think you'll learn much of these.

But anyway, i understand you, might be frustrating to have interest in a topic and the ppl start to talk in a language one can't understand, ... i guess that's the compromise we have to do to get most of the (international) modders togehter in one forum. (I.e.: I don't understand russian, but there is a hell of a modder-community going on there).
    WernerTWC ist offline

15. #15 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von DRMProd
    OK, I understand, it's like you said. It is a bit frustrating, I'm a Spanish speaker that has to speak english in order to be understood and then apparently I need to learn German as well. But I'm OK now, sorry about that.
    DRMProd ist offline

16. #16 Zitieren
    Ich habe vorher noch kein Spiel gemodded. Lediglich fürs Studium an der SRH Heidelberg (dort Programmieren wir auch Spiele) primär Java und sekundär C++ gelernt. Vllt. kann mir einer von euch ja mehr dazu sagen?
    Ac t y r for Soul ist offline Geändert von Ac t y r for Soul (17.01.2010 um 13:59 Uhr)

17. #17 Zitieren
    Chosen One Avatar von KingOvi
    For the love of science, would you consider making .obj support for your tool ?

I might give you a cake if you succeed
    KingOvi ist offline

18. #18 Zitieren
    Ok that sounds like a stupid question.... is your program open source?
    Ac t y r for Soul ist offline

19. #19 Zitieren
    @Don Beutlin
    Ich kenne bis jetzt weder den Meshfaker noch den Aufbau von G3-Meshfiles, da ich bisher noch nie Lust hatte, für G3 zu modden. Daher kann ich zu Deinen diesbezüglichen Fragen grad nichts sagen.
    Wenn es aber für Risen im 3D-Bereich erstmal nichts mehr zu tun gibt (was vllt nie der Fall sein wird) und ich keine Lust habe, umzusatteln, könnte ich mir schon vorstellen, meine Tools für G3 umzuschreiben. Wahrscheinlich aber nur wenn die entsprechenden Dateien einigermaßen ähnlich aufgebaut sind.

@Ac t y r for Soul
    Hmm... Nein, ich denke es ist mir lieber wenn es erstmal nicht open-source ist. Wenn aber Du oder jemand anderes wirklich Interesse am Quellcode hat, kann er mir gerne eine PM schreiben.

@KingOvi
    I know the OBJ format and I don't think it would be hard to support that file type but first I want to find out how to get new meshes into Risen. Until this is not clear I don't think it makes much sense to work on this prog any longer.

(2all) The problem is that Risen doesn't seem to use the informormation about materials contained in XMSH files. It must be stored somewhere else too. Also, if you replace an XMSH whith your own, it has to have the same vertex and face count as the original one in order to be displayed accurate.
    I made some tests and now I know that none of these informations is stored in the corresponding tple file (at least it doesn't have any effect).

Perhaps someone already know a place where the missing data is / could be?

Two of you asked how they could help. Well, you could help for example by finding this out...

Anyway, If you really want to mod Risen, I think you will have to learn how to analyze files with a hex editor. It isn't that hard - even I managed to learn the basics in two or three days after having got interested in it.
    Baltram ist offline Geändert von Baltram (19.01.2010 um 21:01 Uhr)

20. #20 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von RobinHood 13.
    Zitat Zitat von WernerTWC Beitrag anzeigen
    Everything relevant is posted in english (first post), the rest of the posts are kinda "chit-chat", a bit off-topic (my last post included), ... i don't think you'll learn much of these.

But anyway, i understand you, might be frustrating to have interest in a topic and the ppl start to talk in a language one can't understand, ... i guess that's the compromise we have to do to get most of the (international) modders togehter in one forum. (I.e.: I don't understand russian, but there is a hell of a modder-community going on there).
    Most people speak english. Fewer who speak german. Therefore English is a good international language. I think english should be further prioritized as it's the closest thing to an international language.
    In other words, an international forum should speak one language rather than each speaking their own.
    RobinHood 13. ist offline

Seite 1 von 6 12345 ... Letzte »