Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 35
  1. #1 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    [Bild: pimpmyrisen2.png]

This thread is dedicated to documenting the configuration files and explore the potential they offer to the advanced gamer.

Speed up the game start, enhance the graphics or even reduce them to make the game run on low end machines.
    foobar ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren

What we know so far:

Extended gameplay options:

Open the file %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Risen\ConfigDefault.xml

Code:
    <options>

[...]
    	<Game
    		Difficulty="0"
    		EnableTutorialSystem="true"
    		InvertMouseY="true"
    		RetroQuestMessageSystem="false"
    		ShowSubtitles="true"
    		UserPageMode="7"
    		ShowFocusHighlights="true"
    		ShowFocusNames="true"
    		AutoSave="true"
    		>
    	[...]
    Explanation:
    • RetroQuestMessageSystem="false"
      If set to "true", no quest status messages are displayed. Instead of
      • "New quest: Find 5 apples for John."
      • "1/5 apples found."
      • "2/5 apples found."
      • "3/5 apples found."
      • "4/5 apples found."
      • "5/5 apples found."
      • "Quest success: Find 5 apples for John."

you only see "new diary entry" at the beginning and end of the quest.
    • ShowFocusHighlights="true"
      If set to false, objects in the focus will not be highlighted
    • EnableTutorialSystem="true"
      If set to false, no control tutorial messages are shown
    • AutoSave="true"
      Set to false if you don't want autosaves.
    • ShowFocusNames="true"
      Object and NPC labels on the screen break your immersion? Set this to false and problem-b-gone. Don't complain about not finding anything anymore, however.

Deactivate logo videos:

In the RISEN installation directory, open the file data\extern\videos\logo.ini and remove all entries (you might want to make a backup copy first).

Mouse settings:

Paste the following section into your ConfigUser.xml in the general <option>-Section:

Code:
    	<Input>
    		<Mouse
    			SensitivityX="0.5f"
    			SensitivityY="0.5f"
    			InvertX="false"
    			InvertY="true"
    			>
    		</Mouse>
    	</Input>
    • SensitivityX and SensitivityY change your mouse sensitivity, values between 0 and 1 are possible. Don't forget the "f" to indicate that it's a floating point value.
    • Set InvertY to "true" if you want your Y axis permanently inverted (the option in the game menu is forgotten after restart, at least in my version). However, you still need to view your options menu once (no changes necessary).

Change Quickload/Quicksave keys:

Code:
    				Key_F8="QuickSave_0"
    				Key_F9="QuickLoad_0"
    Change these to the keys you want to use instead, i.e. Key_F6="QuickSave_0" to use F6 for quick saving.

Shadow Tuning

In the RISEN installation directory, open the file data\ini\ConfigDefault.xml. Search for "shadows". There you can change the shadow effect for the diffent options in the game menu. For examle, to use a "high" shadow setting but without SSAO and soft shadows, set the ingame shadow details to "high", then change the "High" definition in the ConfigDefault.xml:

Code:
    		ScreenSpaceAmbientOcclison="true"
    		SoftShadows="true"
    Set both options to "false" and you will have a good performance gain while still having large shadow maps and visibility range. You only loose SSAO and soft shadows.

What NOT to do:

Don't bother with the MSAA option. Setting it to "1" will lead to a black screen.
    foobar ist offline Geändert von foobar (02.10.2009 um 01:45 Uhr)

3. #3 Zitieren
    Waldläufer
    No such thing as key=f9 in my xml file

So tired of mispressing load and save buttons....

Luckily i havent mis-saved while trying to load during a critical time yet, but it has happened...
    Mrdolce ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von Ergopad
    @Mrdolce: "Change quicksave/quickload keys" fix must be done to C:/Users/_YOURNAME_/AppData/Local/ConfigUser.xml.

Since Risen runs VERY WELL on most of the new computers and some of us would like to see some visual improvements rather than performance. Apply these changes if you really want to make Risen look good.

1. Make backup of your configDefault.xml (in game folder .../Risen/data/ini/).
    2. Modify following lines:

Longer drawing distance for the vegetation: Before - After
    Under <vegetation> and <high> element in xml.
    Code:
    LINE 819: ViewRange="7500.000000"
    to:
    Code:
    LINE 819: ViewRange="16000.00000"
    Longer drawing distance and better quality for the shadows: Before - After
    Under <Shadows> and <high> element in xml.
    Code:
    LINE 156: DetailShadowMapCount="3"
    LINE 157: DetailShadowMapSize="1024"
    LINE 159: DetailShadowMapViewRange="7500.000000"
    LINE 162: TerrainShadowMapSize="1024"
    to:
    Code:
    LINE 156: DetailShadowMapCount="5"
    LINE 157: DetailShadowMapSize="2048"
    LINE 159: DetailShadowMapViewRange="15000.00000"
    LINE 162: TerrainShadowMapSize="2048"

Longer drawing distance for objects and landscape: Before - After
    Under <Window> and <Render> element in xml.
    Code:
    LINE 96: ScreenObjectDistanceCulling="0.008000"
    LINE 100: zFarHigh="60000.000000"
    LINE 101: zFarMedium="30000.000000"
    LINE 102: zFarLow="15000.000000"
    to:
    Code:
    LINE 96: ScreenObjectDistanceCulling="0.000800"
    LINE 100: zFarHigh="120000.00000"
    LINE 101: zFarMedium="90000.00000"
    LINE 102: zFarLow="45000.00000"
    Note! To make these changes apply, you need to delete your configUser.xml file and reconfigure your settings.

configUser.xml location:
    Win7/Vista: C:/Users/your_name/AppData/Local/Risen
    WinXP: C:\Documents and Settings\your_name\Local Settings\Application Data\Risen
    "The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." - Psalm 23:1-4
    Ergopad ist offline Geändert von Ergopad (11.10.2009 um 22:18 Uhr)

5. #5 Zitieren
    Rookie
    I've been trying to fiddle with the Camera section, in the vain hope of matching the vertical mouse speed to the horizontal mouse speed (Looking up and down is a pain as the game stands at the moment) but no luck - Doesn't seem to matter what is altered, it doesn't seem to make a difference... I can only hope that we can have all axis the same speed in a future patch..

However, as Keep1stPerson="true" doesn't even do anything, I'm not holding my breath to this section actually of being any use...
    Nightstar ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Rookie
    Thank you so much for making this thread. I had been searching everywhere for a way to change the mouse sensitivity. I love the game, but I hate the mouse controls currently. I absolutely cannot stand how the Y sensitivity is so much lower than the X. Why would they even think of doing that? Who knows.

I messed with the settings, and I wish there was a way to set the Y sensitivity higher than 1. Is there any way? And what exactly is a floating point integer? Would changing the "f" have any possible effect?

Thanks also for the tweaks. Turning off soft shadows (but leaving on SSAO) makes the game so much smoother (especially in Harbor Town) and look even better, I think (never liked soft shadows, too grainy).

I sure hope we can get the sensitivity more customizable. I've even been looking into Windows sensitivity tweaks, but nothing to help so far.
    kain067 ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Rookie
    Here's hoping some brainy so-and-so can find out how to amend the controls so both axis are the same sensativity (Seeing what they've done do far with the config file, hopefully it won't be too long)
    Nightstar ist offline

8. #8 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    Is there an XMl file with camera settings? I need a way to tweak the first person view.
    DarkPhoenixUSA ist offline

9. #9 Zitieren

You could try to enter "FirstPersonMode on" in the console. However, that is no "real" first person mode (as such a mode does not exist in RISEN). It causes the player model to be hidden and was built in to make scenes for the experience site. Collision checks are still applied, for example.

A user in the german forum posted an AutoHotkey script that enables/disables this mode on the press of a button:
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...75&postcount=1
    foobar ist offline

10. #10 Zitieren
    Rookie
    Ah - So First-person is a developer (as such) test, as was never meant to be implemented in-game. Fairy nuff

So that leaves me with getting the X and Y mouse movements at the same speed, then I'll be a happy chappy (It doesn't take a lot!)
    Nightstar ist offline

11. #11 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    You could try to enter "FirstPersonMode on" in the console. However, that is no "real" first person mode (as such a mode does not exist in RISEN). It causes the player model to be hidden and was built in to make scenes for the experience site. Collision checks are still applied, for example.

A user in the german forum posted an AutoHotkey script that enables/disables this mode on the press of a button:
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...75&postcount=1
    Cool script foobar I may use it.

Yeah I found out about the hidden body thing.. and the camera view is too high.. it doesn't see from the characters eyes but from above his head.

Many third person games that don't ship with a first person mode were never meant to play in 1st person, but the fans made good 1st person mods for them. Just because this game doesn't have a FPS mode to begin with, this will not stop me from the quest to make or tweak out the perfect first person mode for this game.

Other games I enjoy that are made for third person that have fan made first person modes include The Witcher and Grand Theft Auto 4. It can be done with this engine.. it's just a matter of time to figure it out. I am no programmer but I am sure someone will take up the challenge to help me get this working right :-)
    DarkPhoenixUSA ist offline

12. #12 Zitieren
    Rookie
    I'd like to add another little trick. Sometimes (especially after lighting a torch), your game will get very lagged down and choppy. When this happens, simply Alt-Tab out of the game and then back in. I find I have to do this every 30 minutes or so. It gets annoying after a while, but it's better then completely shutting down and restarting the game.

Also, has anyone been watching the German boards to see if they've found a way to make the X and Y mouse sensitivities equal?
    kain067 ist offline

13. #13 Zitieren
    Rookie
    Well, I'll have beaten the game in the next day or two - looks like we never found a way to significantly alter the mouse sensitivity.
    kain067 ist offline

14. #14 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von DRMProd
    Here you can download QuickBMS a tool to extract the PAK files, it needs this bms file (it opens as a txt, save it and change the extension to bms). Good luck with whatever you want to do!
    DRMProd ist offline Geändert von DRMProd (11.10.2009 um 07:55 Uhr)

15. #15 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von Ergopad
    My graphics tweaks http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...91&postcount=4 now actually work. I also added some before/after pictures.
    "The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." - Psalm 23:1-4
    Ergopad ist offline

16. #16 Zitieren
    Rookie
    Nothing new? Still no progress on the mouse front? I asked PB themselves and they didn't seem to know.
    kain067 ist offline

17. #17 Zitieren
    Abenteurer Avatar von Wild Yosemity
    And is there a way to increase NPC drawing distance and objects like Fish Nets in Harbour City?

E.g. I'd like to see Sloughter House Guard while standing near to Warehouse.
    Wild Yosemity ist offline

18. #18 Zitieren
    Neuling
    Thanks for the tips. At least I was able to relocate the quick save to F5, like every other game with that functionality. Putting save and load back to back and locking it really wasn't the smart thing to do.

But that was about the extent of my tweaking success. I tried to add "ALT" for jumping, like it is advertised in "keyboard_and_console.txt" and like I use in every other game I ever played (why the need for "being different" with the controls?). But the ALT key is just ignored. Is there any way to remedy that? My finger can find ALT on it's own, when I have to use "X" or "Y" ("Z"), I need my eyes to find it and that sucks.

There's also a line that says ";(LEFT CTRL+INSERT) Free Camera"
    But that doesn't work either. I really hate that camera, makes me feel extremely disabled. Can I do something about that in the ConfigUser.xml (there is no ConfigDefault.xml)?
    Deee ist offline

19. #19 Zitieren
    Neuling
    Any answer would have been nice...
    Deee ist offline

20. #20 Zitieren
    Benutzer, die ihr Benutzerkonto per E-Mail bestätigen müssen
    Thanks for all your work on this.

Is there any way to turn off Bloom?

Thanks for any tips.

Deee the ConfigDefault.xml is located in, Risen/data/ini
    Acleacius ist offline